ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Karan shocked at Viruddh's fate

Virrudh going off air has come as a real shock to Karan Mehra who plays Vedant in the show.

"Shocking! That's how I will put it. For the last ten days, I haven't received any communication either from the channel or the production house. In fact, I only got to know through the press that that the channel is pulling it off air," Karan tells us.
But he adds, "Smriti's the producer of the show and she would have thought it would be logical to end the show. The TRPs were never encouraging but I've heard praises from all quarters. In fact, when the news of Virrudh going off air broke, a lot of people came up to me and expressed surprise. Well, I'm as confused as them."

So what next after Virrudh? "I'm trying my luck in films. At the moment, I've taken a break. Soon, I'll start to hunt for work. I'm open to taking any role in a film. It's never easy for television stars to get a break in films. There are times when you go for auditions and the moment they come to know that you're from the small screen, you're asked to step out of the line."

The actor reveals, "A month or two ago, Balaji approached me for a role in Kasautii Zindagi Kay but I had to turn it down as I was busy with my play Daddy Cool. I was expecting a call again but as it turned out Kasautii too is now going off air. I hope to work with Balaji in the near future."

While there's a lull on the work front, Karan is making the most of this break. Says Karan, "It was my birthday recently and after a long time, I got a chance to be with my family. I also celebrated New Year with my family. In the past, I've celebrated New Year with friends hanging out in places like Goa so, this New Year is a welcome break."

We hope that the New Year brings Karan better luck in both films and serials.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

second_chances thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
what is going on? i thought the story was a reck due to lack on communications , i didnt know the actors didnt communicate wid each other as well
sean paul thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
he is soooooooooooooooo cute 😳