Milee thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

MUHARRAM THE ISLAAMIC NEW YEAR

The 1st of Muharram is New Year's Day, and with it marks the beginning of the Islamic (Hijri) Calendar. Its real significance lies in the major turning point in the course of Islam. As told in the Noble Qur'n: "Verily the number of months with Allah is twelve months (in a year), so was it ordained by Allah on the Day when He created the heavens and the earth; of them four are Sacred. That is the right religion, so wrong not yourselves therein …". [At-Taubah: 36]

Today itself, as we usher in the new year, many of us take the time to at least briefly reflect on the major lessons in the past year and anticipate new experiences in the fresh year of 1422 Hijrah. This is also the day that we should be reminded of the Prophet 's last pilgrimage and the message that he wants us to carry in our hearts.

The Prophet offered the noon and afternoon prayers in Arafah along with 100,000 worshippers, and the victory of Islaam over blasphemy became decisive and final. Thereafter, the Prophet mounted his camel, and delivered the historical sermon. In it, he had said: "... All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab, also a white has no superiority over black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not, therefore, do injustice to yourselves...".

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Milee thumbnail

Shi'a Islam, also Shi'ite Islam or Shi'ism (Arabic: ????; ši?a), is the largest minority denomination (10-20%) based on the Islamic faith after Sunni Islam. Shias adhere to the teachings of Islamic prophet Muhammad and the religious guidance of his family (who are referred to as the Ahl al-Bayt) or his descendants known as Shi'a Imams, whom they consider to be infallible. Shia's assert the right of Ali ibn Abi Talib (Muhammad's cousin and husband of Fatimah) as successor to Muhammad, rejecting the legitimacy of the first three caliphs of Islamic history. The singular/adjective form is ši?i (????.) and refers to a follower of the faction of Ali according to the Shia ideology.

Shia Islam has at times been divided into many branches, however only three of these currently have a significant number of followers. Likewise, Sunni Islam has divisions but these are more philosophical rather than religious difference that one finds within the Shia. The best known and the one with most adherents is the Twelvers (???? ????? i?na?ašariyya) which have a large percentage in Azerbaijan and Iran 90% and Iraq 65%; the others are the Ismaili or Sevener, and Zaidiyyah. Alawites and Druzes consider themselves Shias, although this is sometimes disputed by mainstream Shias[1]. The Sufi orders among the Shias are the Alevi, Bektashi, Kubrawiya, Noorbakhshi, Oveyssi, Qizilbashi, Hamadani and Fatimid orders and denominations. Ten percent[citation needed] of Turkey's population is Alevi while Lebanon and Syria have 20% to 30% of Shias.

Image:Meshed ali usnavy PD.jpg

Moon

look closey n see ur self wt it says on the moon "ALI"

Edited by Milee - 16 years ago
Milee thumbnail
If u gne say sumfing against shiaz or my imam-e- Hussian den plz do nt post ur silly comments....
keep them to ur self.
Thank you
aishiya thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i think u r out of ur mind , n nothing else, , its not only ur immam its ll muslim"s beloved propht hazarat hassan and hussian.

n one more thing , stop sending stupid private msgs to me and mind lunage as well, which u have used in the private msg.. o.k 😊
sum4u thumbnail
yo i can't seems to find where it says Ali(a.s)nice topic 👏
~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Moderator's Note:

i will not close or trash this topic YET but please take this as a VERY STERN WARNING....i will not tolerate any shia-sunni hostility here. Attacking one's religious believes and more so attacking a member is strictly against i-f rules, and action will be taken against anyone who refuses to abide by these rules
Edited by ~LiL*PrInCeZ~ - 16 years ago
Milee thumbnail
welll
people ave bin making such un appropriate comments abt shiaz..n da rest so0o i had to mention dttt
u guyz dnt believe bt previously ppl of diz sed alot rude thingz agianst shiaz bt unfortunetly at dt tym moderates were asleep
so0oo y nw... n by da way if u look closey u will see Imam ali;s name on moon,
I;d be happy if u shw respect towrdz shiaz n der imam.. n take em as urz..

Milee thumbnail

aishya plz do nt send ur unrelated stupid commentz ere especailly on a topic

abt which u dnt seem to ave ny knowledge

don6 thumbnail

deleted**

PSF dev. team

Moderator's Note:
Please refrain from saying anything against any belief system even in Islam. Any such posts will be deleted

Edited by fariha17 - 16 years ago
wini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Milee

welll
people ave bin making such un appropriate comments abt shiaz..n da rest so0o i had to mention dttt
u guyz dnt believe bt previously ppl of diz sed alot rude thingz agianst shiaz bt unfortunetly at dt tym moderates were asleep
so0oo y nw... n by da way if u look closey u will see Imam ali;s name on moon,
I;d be happy if u shw respect towrdz shiaz n der imam.. n take em as urz..

i opologise for being asleep

but we ALL do respect everyones belief....i didnt c anyone not showing respect here and trust me if anyone will say anything then leave it to us we will handle her/him

and now i hope u'll also stop talking about those fights

thanx