Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

damilola thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago
BAG Films "Ek Thi Rajkumari" to start on Zee Next

BAG Films & Media Ltd has announced that the Company's show "Ek Thi Rajkumari" to start on Zee Next, the upcoming channel of Zee T.V. at prime time at 10 p.m, Monday to Thursday.

'Ek Thi Rajkumari' is a new show produced by the Company for Zee Next to be telecast from December 17, 2007 Monday to Thursday every night at 10 p.m. The story portrays the life of a young princess confined within the walls of her palace. Ek Thi Rajkumari depicts a princess's quest for freedom and the adventure, some funny, some freaky and some tragic, whilst she explores the world outside.

'Ek Thi Rajkumari' also portrays the princess finding love while she is on her way to find freedom. The love story begins on a note of comedy of errors but takes on different shades due to the princess's ignorance of the ways of the world. Refreshingly young and fresh, the story has an amalgamation of youthful and experienced characters who enliven various emotions of love, deceit, sacrifice, romance and longing with much elan.

The story is bound to appeal to all sections of viewers due to its plethora of characters and their lives and problems all of which the audiences can identify and relate with. The show also has a fine balance of the beautiful outdoors as much as the painstakingly created indoors. Various portions of the show have been shot at the Nawab Pataudi Palace near Delhi to give the show the grandeur and stature it requires.

With an ensemble of cast comprising of Smita Jaykar, Paritosh Sand, Neha Marda, Ali Merchant, Ayushmaan Khuraana and Rita Bhaduri, the show is all set to become one of the viewer's favourites for a long time to come.

Source: http://www.equitybulls.com/admin/news2006/news_det.asp?id=22 411

damilola thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9

No time to stand and stare

Back to Section Stories Posted On Monday, January 07, 2008

Ranjib Mazumder

Ali Merchant
Ali Merchant knows how hectic life can get while working in the small screen industry. The actor who plays the lead roles in two shows simultaneously has been shooting non- stop. In fact, he has been living on the sets for the past four days.

Ali plays Akshat in Amber Dhara and Arjun Singhania in Ek Thi Rajkumari. Ali says, "Ever since I have joined the shows as the lead actor, my life has changed completely. I have been shooting for almost 24 hours everyday. I guess playing the lead character takes a toll on our lives."

Ali stays in Kandivali East and the shoots take place at Sakinaka for Amber Dhara and Vikhroli for Ek Thi Rajkumari. For the past four days, Ali has been shuffling between the studios and has not gone home. "I don't even get enough time to sleep. Thankfully, my producers are co-operative, I take permission to sleep for two hours on the sets," he adds.

Ali tries to avoid eating food on the sets and tries to maintain his diet. "I try my best not to eat food on the sets. Most of the time, I carry my food and a lot of fruits and juices which keeps me going. I also don't get the time to work out," he says.

How different is life from when he was a part of Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii? "I was not playing the lead in Kahaani… But I am playing lead in both the shows and I am quite happy with my career. The only problem is that I miss being at home. In fact, my friends have also warned me that this hectic lifestyle can ruin my health. But for the moment, I can't help it as I am committed to both the projects," Ali adds.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&am p;sectid=12&contentid=2008010720080107024651234cd409f45

Shariefah thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I want to be the best in the industry - Neha Marda

Being the only daughter born in her family in last 72 years, Neha is indeed a special child. A trained danseuse, Neha ventured into acting by accident and now she is in her third show. She plays the character of Priyamvada in Zee Next's 'Ek Thi Rajkumari'. Neha sounds to be a lady with steely grit and determination when she says that having become an actress; she wants to be the best one now.

Q. How does it feel being a part of the much publicized show 'Ek Thi RajKumari'?
A. It feels good to be a part of such a big production. Zee Next, a sister channel of Zee, is indeed a big name in the entertainment business today. Besides, it has been promoted so well that it makes you feel on top of the world and makes you believe that you are actually doing something in life.

Q. What is your character in this show?
A. I am playing the role of a girl who has been locked inside a 'Mahal' for 18 years and is completely ignorant about the outside world. She doesn't know what a cell phone is, has never used the Internet or chatted online, and she even doesn't know what meeting boys is like. The girl also doesn't know what eating 'pani puri' is and she is completely unaware of outside world. It's a 21st century show; the situation inside the 'Mahal' is different from the outside. At this juncture, comes her friend and maid Suman who is a modern-day girl going to college and leading a normal life. Suman tells her what is happening in the world outside the 'Mahal'. This gives birth to a rebel in Priyamvada and she desperately wants to see the outer world and experience it.

Q. Why is she locked inside the palace?
A. There is some 'chakri' in her legs because of a curse slapped on her father. This is the climax point in the story. Her mother is scared because of these factors and doesn't allow her to go out.

Q. Is this show similar to any fairy tale or Hollywood film 'Princess Dairies'?
A. No, it is not based on any fairy tale. It's a new fairy tale story. You can't sit and find logic in this serial. If you try to find logic you will be disappointed as in today's time it is not possible for anyone to stay in a place for 18 years. It is completely a fairy tale.

Q. What do you think is the main attraction of this show?
A. I think Smita Jaykar will be the main attraction, as she is coming after a long time. Also since this show is a fairy tale we can tell the audiences not to find any logic in the show. But the fact is that most of them, particularly girls, will think why is the character kept locked in a room. There is definitely some uniqueness about the show. I can assure you that this show is not based on 'saas bahu' pattern, but it is all about youth.

Q. How has been the audience response till now? How have the people you met recently reacted to the show?
A. Well, we are shooting so much that we don't have the time to know about the public response. But from the people we have met, I have come to learn that they have liked the show since the content is very good. We have shot at the 'Veer-Zaara' palace. Actually, according to the A-map which regulates our channel TRP, the response is very good.

Q. How did you land up with this role?
A. Actually I was doing Ajai Sinha's 'Ghar Ek Sapna' when I met Harsh Chhaya and he was making a documentary at that time. I played the heroine's role in the documentary. He showed the documentary to many of his friends and one of them was our producer. He saw me in the documentary and said I would be the Priyamvada in his new show 'Ek Thi Rajkumari'. Following this, I went for look test and by the grace of God I am shooting for this role now.

Q. What were you doing before this show?
A. I have done "Saath Rahega Always' on Sahara and it was my first show. After that I did 'Ghar Ek Sapna' and now I am doing 'Rajkumari'.

Q. Did you always wanted to be an actor or it has been just a coincidence in life?
A No, it is just a coincidence. I have been dancing from the age of 3 and learnt Bharat Natyam for 7 years, Kathak for 3 years, Jazz for 4 years and Salsa for one year. I participated in 'Boogie Boogie' and then in 'Kaboom' where I was the 3rd finalist. Sahara people saw me in this show and called me for 'Saath Rahega Always'. It will be hard to be judgmental as how long I will go, as I am still going through a learning process. I think that when I have stepped into this field, I want to be the best one.

Q. What about your studies? Are you still studying?
A. Yes, I am BA in Economics from IGNOU through a correspondence course.

Q. Where do you come from, and tell something about your family?
A. I am basically from Rajasthan. I am a Marwari girl, but born and brought up in Kolkatta. My family stays there and I am in Mumbai. My family comprises my parents and my brother who is doing engineering in Dehradun. And I am the only girl to be born in my family in the last 72 years. My joint family includes 17 brothers and so I always get a special treatment

Edited by Shariefah - 16 years ago
Shariefah thumbnail
First Look - Ek Thi Rajkumari

Ek Thi Rajkumari is the story of a young princess – Rajkumari Priyamvada who has never stepped out of her palace. After living a caged life for 18 years she now decides to run away from her palace and see the outside world.

Her only desire is to taste freedom and live life like any other normal 18 year old girl. But, not knowing the worldly ways and unable to take the right decisions lands her into a whirlpool. The complication she has to face on her journey in life is what Ek Thi Rajkumari is all about.

The show is also laced with a candy floss romance leading to the love track between Arjun Singhaniya and Priya. They are like two stars who fall from the sky journeying towards each other but lose their way and gravitate towards the wrong person only to realize their mistakes much later on.

The show also gives a message that one pays for what one's done and elders probably mean well when they tell youngsters to do certain things as they have experience on their side and know life well.

The USP of the show is that it's been shot majorly outside Mumbai unlike most other shows on tv today. The exterior of the house is shot at Pataudi Palace which is extremely huge and adds to the grandeur of the show. Shot extensively on Delhi roads people will get to watch, not only places like Chandni Chowk but also monuments like India Gate and Qutab Minar. The most romantic scene where the destined lovers meet each other was beautifully shot at the Red Fort.

The ensemble of cast comprises of Smita Jayakar, Rita Bahaduri, Paritosh Sand, Neha Marda, Ali Merchant, Ayushmann Khurana, Sakshi Talwar, Imran Khan, Anisha Hinduja, Vijay Aidasani, Prabha Sinha & others.

Produced by Anurradha Prasad and directed by K. Mohit Kumar Jha, the show will air every Mon – Thurs at 10 pm on Zee Next starting 17 th Dec.

Edited by Shariefah - 16 years ago
Shariefah thumbnail

'Theatre is food for the soul, not the stomach'

How'd you switch from being an RJ to a TV actor?
I still am an RJ! My COO at Big FM is a close friend of Ekta Kapoor. He recommended my name to her and I landed up doing a cameo in Kayamath.. followed by the lead in Ek Thi Rajkumari.

Who recommended you for Ek Thi Rajkumari?
Ali Merchant who's a good friend told me about Ek Thi... I went for the auditions expecting nothing.
It's a role with shades of grey, something I've been looking for all this while.

Ali Merchant's your co-star in the show.. any signs of friction?
No. There might have been some rivalry had we both been playing lover boys. But fortunately, we're the exact opposites.

You'd auditioned for Channel [V] Popstars and later MTV Roadies.. what happened after that?
Popstars happened when I was still in college. I was studying during Roadies as well.

After finishing my mass communication course, I came down to Mumbai to pursue acting.

Why did you choose radio then?
Radio is a lot of fun. I think every actor should try it. It teaches you voice modulation. Most actors falter while speaking Hindi.

You've also done theatre, right?
Yup. For five years. But theatre is food for the soul, not for the stomach. The money on TV is far better.

What else is new?
There are a couple of anchor-based shows in the pipeline.

Any plans of settling down?
My girlfriend is from Chandigarh. I've known her forever! She's in the programming team of Big FM in Jalandhar. Marriage is on the cards.

Shariefah thumbnail

Delhi darshan

A still from Ek Thi Rajkumari
A still from Ek Thi Rajkumari

This ambitious serial is a fantasy tale about candy floss romance that seems a bit out of sync with contemporary world. Ek Thi Rajkumari Monday to Thursday at 10 P.M. on Zee is the story of a young princess Priyamvada who has never stepped out of her palace. After living a caged life for 18 years she decides to run away and taste freedom. But, not knowing the worldly ways and unable to take the right decisions lands her into a whirlpool of troubles.'A0

There's the predictable love track between Arjun Singhaniya and Priya. The moral of the story is that you have to pay for what you do if you stray from the straight and narrow.

The only USP of the show is that it has been shot extensively around Delhi. Viewers get to watch not only places like Chandni Chowk but also monuments like India Gate and Qutab Minar. The most romantic scene where the destined lovers meet each other has been shot at the Red Fort. So more than a romantic tale, it ends up showing pretty scenes of Delhi. Watch it if you like travelogues. — NF

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2008/20080106/spectrum/tv.htm

Shariefah thumbnail