Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

khushix thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 16 years ago
Preeti Amin shoots for 24 hours continuously

Preeti Amin, who plays Jia in Jhoome Jiiya Re, recently shot for almost 24 hours continuously as she had to go on a holiday to Hyderabad to celebrate her birthday. However, at that end of it all, she was expectedly very exhausted and almost missed her flight.

Revealing details about her hectic schedule that day, she tells us, "I had to go to Hyderabad for my birthday but at the same time I had to finish off a lot of stuff including shooting for bank episodes. In the morning at 6 I was at Dadar for some personal work then I had to rush to Madh Island to shoot. I reached there at 8.30 because of traffic and continued shooting till1: 30 in the night. In between I completed my dubbing at Andheri so basically I was travelling and shooting the whole day."

Preeti had to give some close up shots but says that she did not even realize what she was doing. "I asked my director to do the scenes again but he could make out from my face that I was worn out and told me that it was ok. However, I insisted that I was fine and then we did retakes for some scenes."

The actress visited Hyderabad for her birthday but not without a few hiccups. "After coming back from the shoot, I had to take my luggage and run to catch the flight at 7 o' clock in the morning and somehow made it. For nearly 24 hours I was awake and when I reached Hyderabad, my family and friends wanted me to celebrate. But I was so sleepy that I told them to enjoy and just watched everything."

While Preeti is not complaining about her hectic life she admits it is tough. "I want fame and money and this is a part and parcel of our job but we do feel work pressure. Shooting for daily shows is not easy as we had to do day and night shifts. Sometimes after doing heavy or crying scenes I go in depression and a get headache."

How does she cope with the pressure? "We have a good unit, they serve us good food. Then, on the sets, when we feel bored we crack jokes and try to relax. I have a habit of imitating people so I try to do that on the sets sometimes. We have given pet names to everyone so we tease each other and gossip on the sets. There is only male in our show so we female rule and rag him a lot!"

Preeti has done many films down south. She entered television through Kasamh Se, where she played the role of Laxmi (Jai Walia's niece).

• Sonali Joshi, Hill Road Media
  • Tuesday, January 15, 2008
  • source: www.indya.com

khushix thumbnail

'I live my characters to the T' - Gauri Tonk

Gauri Tonk refused to wear a saree on the sets of Jhoome Jiya Re. The Telly Buzz team caught up with Mrinal Tripathi,the creative head

Go to link to read further 😉

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=1654

khushix thumbnail

Coffee, tea or me!

Preeti Amin and Karan Pantaky, the lead pair of Jhoome Jiya Re, are forced to go out on coffee-dates to improve their on-screen chemistry
    Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Looks like the lead pair of Jhoome Jiya Re do not look sizzling enough on-screen. Preeti Amin aka Jia and Karan Pantaky aka Apoorva, have been issued strict instructions by the producer and the channel to work on their chemistry. They have been asked to for out on coffee-dates as many times as possible.

A still from Jhoome Jiya Re
    While Karan is extremely shy and introverted, Preeti is bubbly and outgoing. The actors need to have some serious romantic vibes flowing between them since they have to shoot a lot of mushy dance numbers together.

The duo has been ritually visiting coffee joints to spend plenty of time together to get to know each other better.

Says Karan, "We have been told to spend some quality time together so that we have a better on-screen chemistry.

It will help us to get more comfortable with each other. In our acting school also, we are taught to stare into each other's eyes or close our eyes and feel a person's face so that we reach a level of comfort. Preeti and I go out whenever we get some time. I think it is helping our chemistry. I am not an extrovert and take a while to open up. These coffee-dates have certainly put us at ease with each other."

Preeti confirms and says, "We were told to go out as often as we can so that we get to know each other really well. Jhoome Jiya Re is a danced-based show and we are required to do a lot of rehearsals, readings etc. Karan is a little withdrawn and is not comfortable with the dancing as yet. Since we are romantically linked in the serial, we need to achieve a level of comfort with each other. The salsa steps which we will do, need to exude the right amount of sizzle on-screen."

Talking about their coffee missions, she says, "The channel and the producer literally forced us to go out on coffee-dates before we start shooting."

What if the pair actually falls for each other over hot cups of coffee?

Karan laughs, "I really haven't thought on those lines." He quickly adds, "It's unlikely that we'll fall for each other because I am already seeing someone for the past eight years."

khushix thumbnail
    I was wasting my time on TV: Karan
    After Hours Correspondent
    Thursday, June 01, 2006 18:25 IST

Karan Panthaky, who quit 'Saarthi', looks forward to films.

Television actors complaining about erratic shooting schedules is a common feature. But actor Karan Panthaky, who played the villain Aksh in 'Saarthi' for an eight-month stint, says that he didn't like working in tellyland.

He confesses, "Basically, I didn't enjoy television. The money was perfectly fine, but I felt that I wasn't getting the satisfaction that I was seeking. I felt that I was wasting my time. The whole set-up is so disorganised," says Karan.

Karan is now concentrating on films. He's awaiting the Salman Khan starrer 'Marigold.' "I don't have a great role but it's not bad either," says Karan, who has earlier acted in the BBC series 'Sharpe Challenge' with Toby Stephens, besides having played Kay Kay Menon's son in 'Silsilay'.

His upcoming project includes a music video for a charitable cause, directed by Kabeer Kaushik. "We have begun shooting for it, and it will be out soon," he adds.

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1032723

Edited by khushix - 16 years ago
    khushix thumbnail

Love thy neighbour

Television actors Juhi Parmar and Sandeep Rajora seem to be taking this commandment rather seriously

Juhi Parmar

Though Juhi Parmar and Sandeep Rajora have been discreet about their relationship, their appearance together at an event recently held in a suburban five star hotel, caught people's eye. Our source, present at the occasion, says, "Sandeep and Juhi were walking hand-in-hand in the party and they were extremely comfortable and blissfully with each other. We were quite surprised to see them."

When quizzed about their 'togetherness' at the recent event, he replies, "That was the only party we attended together. We live in the same complex where I shifted five months back, but there is nothing between us. She is just a beautiful friend."

Sandeep was earlier dating Kavita Kaushik, however they parted ways owing to irrevocable differences. Kavita then moved on to Karan Grover. Juhi, on the other hand was linked with Anuj Saxena ever since her Kumkum days. There were even rumours about their marriage last year. The two, however, spilt as both wanted to concentrate on their profession.

Sandeep Rajora

Sandeep who was earlier residing at Lokhandwala now, lives in the same complex as Juhi's. The actor, we hear, is extremely protective about Juhi and both actors have been bonding very well over drinks and dinner. A friend of Sandeep spills the beans, "Ever since, Sandeep has become close to Juhi, they go out for dinner very often. We have been teasing Sandeep for his sizzling chemistry with Juhi for quite sometime now. He has confided that Juhi is someone special in his life and is ready to take the relationship to the next level."

When contacted, Sandeep diplomatically says. "She is just a good fried. We both are busy in our work and try to catch up after our busy schedules."

Juhi Parmar remained unavailable for comment.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article& amp;sectid=12&contentid=200801292008012902423448419b178c 1

Shariefah thumbnail
    Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

The model-cum-actor in the Indian television industry, Ajay Balhara has recently changed his name to Abhiman Ballhara. The actor has earned considerable fame while playing the male lead role in the popular serial named Radhaa Ki Betiyaan Kuch Kar Dikhayengi on NDTV Imagine and he said that he has changed his name according to his numerologist's suggestion. The actor also said that his numerologist did give him two names like Abhiman and Abhimanyu to choose from and he chose the name Abhiman from those two.

When contacted and asked about his thoughts behind changing the name, Abhiman Ballhara said that he doesn't think that changing of names is a wrong thing. According to him, the character he is playing is the way that the viewers remember an actor, as far as the Indian TV industry is concerned. He said, "People know me as a model, anyway. I am sure people will get used to my new name soon". He was also talking about his present working schedules in the TV industry and said, "My schedules are pretty easy and smooth. I am a workaholic, so I don't mind working round the clock even".

Abhiman Ballhara further added that he is trying to become a better actor and said that he is working hard on his dialogue delivery and other aspects of acting at the moment. In his words, "I'll shape up as a better actor with time". While talking about the main reasons behind taking up acting as his profession, the model-cum-actor Abhiman Ballhara said, "Initially, when I started off, fame did go to my head. But I later realized, that I needed to be rooted. Today, I am much more chilled out". So, it seems that Abhiman Ballhara is quite optimistic about his acting career at the moment and he believes that this name change would definitely help him in the future.

http://www.jimandaz.com/5/ajay_balhara_changes_name_abhiman_ ballhara.htm

in the fridge of: Abhiman Ballhara model/ actor Wednesday, April 23, 2008
    Team DNA

Guilty pleasure: Sweets and desserts of any kind. I also like to indulge in dark chocolates, honey noodles with vanilla ice cream, chikki and flavoured yogurt.

High spirits: Vodka

Juices: Tropicana Orange and amla juice for me anyday.

Meats: Chicken, sausages and ham.

Kinky surprise: I love chocolate syrup.

Midnight snack: Consists of roasted almonds.

Sinful indulgence: Suji ka halwa with lots of dry fruits and loads of desi ghee too.

Haven't thrown away: I'm not particular about storing anything in the fridge.

Can't do without: My cup of morning tea, with lots of love...

http://www.3dsyndication.com/ShowArticle.asp?id=DNMUM92485

FHM STORIES

Abhiman Ballhara – Style Quotient

You've finally made the plunge from modelling to acting. What's the transition been like?

It's a big transition! Modelling was only about looking good, about lots of attitude and being myself. Acting is more about being a particular character, dialogues, expressions and looking good.

How different is acting from modelling?
    Acting is a lot lot more vast as a form of art than modelling. A model is more like a beautiful sculpture or a painting. But an actor is a combination of all art forms. For me, acting is the finest form of art.

As a model and actor, you must have definitely got a lot of attention from girls. Any particular incident that comes to mind?
    I had this crazy fan who used to follow me everywhere I went! I don't know how she got to know about my whereabouts! She always knew what car I was in, what I was wearing and even the colour of my clothes!

What do you find sexy in a woman?
    It depends on the woman. In some it's the eyes, in some it's the smile and in some it's the skin colour. Then again, in some it can be the voice, in some it can be a sense of humour or the way they dress up. But ultimately, they should be real as a person.

According to you, who are the 3 sexiest women in the world?
    Angelina Jolie, Beyonce and Nicole Kidman.
    Do you get unwanted attention from men as well? How do you deal with that?
    Yes, I do get attention from a lot of men. I think it is a big compliment to get attention from men because men always compete and want to outdo each other! I take it all with a smile.

What's your personal style quotient like?
    My personal style is very casual. On special occasions I love to wear a proper suit and tie.

D
    o you buy stuff just because it looks cool?
    Yes, I like and buy stuff that looks cool. But I should be comfortable in it.

5 essentials a guy must have in his wardrobe...
    Five essentials for a guy: cool underwear, a perfect fit pair of jeans, vests and t-shirts, good formal suits with ties and shoes and a lot of kinky stuff!

In the summer months, 5 cosmetics you cannot do without?
    Sunscreen, face pack, rose water, cleansers and face wash.

Can you share 5 tips that men should keep in mind when trying to woo a woman?
    Well, always be polite, give her attention, speak well, smell good, and please listen to her!

http://www.fhmindia.com/site/content/article.aspx?ID=26375

contributed by anjali_friendly