Veer-Zaara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Hey pari .i dont get it.. wht is this post opened for?? 😕
shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Sandeep Rajora in Jhoome Jiiya Re

Sandeep Rajora, last seen in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi as a cop, is entering Jhoome Jiiya Re as a choreographer. We spoke to Sandeep to know more about his character.
Says Sandeep, "I am playing a character called Rohan who is Dabbu's (Tuhina) choreographer. He has his own dance academy and is going to do a film in the show for which he is hunting for young talented girls and boys. I do not know much about the future track but I will select Dabbu for my film and then our track will start from that point."

Sandeep, who started shooting for the show on Tuesday, says, "On Thursday I am shooting for my entry scene. I will enter through a dance sequence for which I'm practicing since the last two days. Bobby has done choreography for this."

So what kind of preparations are you doing? "I am learning different kind of dance forms – Bollywood, Salsa and Jazz and I am also trying to know about classical dance though I am not going teach that in this show. I will mostly teach western dances."

On his decision behind accepting this show, he says, "The clincher was that it was a dance based character. There is so much of dance happening on television. In this show I think it is going to happen in a bigger format. Also DJ's production house always gives something fresh. I thought this is the best opportunity to start my year. It is a very energetic show. Dance is a beautiful form of expressing emotions."

Do you follow dance reality shows? "Prachi is my friend. I used to watch her show. Sandhya was also very good. I also used to vote. In fact all of them were good dancers. I won't mind doing such shows in the future."

Kkusum was Sandeep's first show post a number of commercials. He was also seen in Kareena Kareena, Sarrkkar and a negative role in Yahi Toh Hai Woh.

http://news.indya.com/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/January/ News_20080103_18
shruti thumbnail
Welcome back Gauri
6 Jan 2008, 0001 hrs IST,TNN

Gauri Tonk's been missing from the small screen ever since she and hubby Yash Tonk shook a leg in Nach Baliye last season.

Now the actress is back in Deeya and Tony Singh's show Jhoomein Jiya Re . "It is basically a dance based show", says Gauri, "My character is quite different as I play a straight-forward woman with a no-nonsense attitude. My character Kiran has her own idea about life and dancing." What can we say except, welcome back Gauri!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/TV_Buzz/W elcome_back_Gauri/articleshow/2677350.cms
shruti thumbnail
Patience pays
6 Jan 2008, 0000 hrs IST,TNN

It pays to be patient. Sandeep Rajora should know!

The actor was not doing much year or so. The roles offered to him were not up to the mark, so he didn't take up any of them.

Finally after waiting for a long time the actor is finally doing a show where he has a very interesting role of a dance trainer. Not just that, we hear he's signing an Ekta Kapoor show too. And there too he's a young man and not a teenager's father! Patience surely pays...

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/TV_Buzz/Pat ience_pays/articleshow/2677362.cms
Shariefah thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
After 'Nach Baliye' it's 'Jhoome Jiya Re' for Gouri Tonk.
Gouri Tonk

Gouri Tonk, who was on a sabbatical after her new-born baby, is all set to make a comeback on the small screen and what could be a more grand than to be casted to play the leading protagonist in 'Jhoome Jiya Re'.

Gouri, who proved her dancing skills in 'Nach Baliye', will be playing the character of a dance teacher in the new show that is being created by Tony and Deeya Singh for Zee TV.

Hubby Yash is busy with his two daily soaps so Gaurav Chopra has been roped in opposite Gouri. The actress will be shown as a young inspiring single mom.

Gouri, who makes her comeback after a gap of four years, said that she was enjoying motherhood to the fullest with her Pari.

Gouri also added, "Now that Pari turned three and has started going to school I thought the time is right to be back with a bang."

For all those, who loved Gouri groove in 'Nach Baliye' get ready to see her dance and act in 'Jhoom Jiya Re'.

Shariefah thumbnail

Gaurav may opt out of 'Jhoome Jiya Re'

We had last heard about Gauri Tonk and Gaurav Chopra being the lead starcast for the new show 'Jhoome Jiya Re.' But now, it looks like, there's a slight twist in the tale. Gaurav is busy with a few other commitments and may not be a part of the show.

"I had signed on 'Jhoome..' in February, but now things have changed. I am thinking of how to go about things in my life. Right now, I have too many other priorities. I am busy with 'Left Right Left' and also preparing for an awards function. So, its getting hectic to manage everything," reveals Gaurav.

For the uninitiated, the main storyline of the show has been weaved around a dance academy.

Meanwhile, Gauri who plays a principal in the academy is quite excited about her role.

"I've been itching to get back to work post 'Kahiin Kissi Roz.' Now viewers will see me in a new avatar, as a contemporary dance teacher. I play a simple girl, who has achieved her dreams at a young age. We have completed our first shooting schedule. Since it will still take a few months for the show to roll out, I cannot reveal more about it," says Gauri

Gauri, who was last seen in 'Nach Baliye' has been politely turning down saas-bahu shows. "My family is my main priority and my little baby still needs me So, I've decided to stay away from dailies as they demand a huge level of commitment," says Gauri.

http://content.msn.co.in/Entertainment/TV/Stories/TvTellycha kkar_130907_1143.htm

shruti thumbnail
Kk..Karan, it's all in a name

Karan Panthaki is the latest actor to join his namesakes in the telly industry

MUMBAI: If you thought there's something in a name beginning with K, you immediately think about the numerous K serials that have stormed your drawing room. But here's one more phenomenon which is quietly creating a storm in the telly cup.

Anybody with the name Karan is having a field day with the soap industry and considering that there are already six Karans who have hit the right notes, it seems to be becoming a rule rather than an exception. Before you see people changing their names to Karan before joining the telly industry, here's one more addition to the Karan brigade - Karan Panthaki, who plays Apoorva Seth in 'Jhoome Jiiya Re'.

While Karan admits that his name could add to the confusion between the multiple Karans who are on the telly, he is glad that so far is just not another addition.

So how did the idea of taking up acting come to him? Says Karan, "I wasn't too sure about taking up acting. But when I brought up the topic with my parents, they said it wasn't a bad idea. That gave me the initial push."

In 'Jhoome Jiiya Re', he plays an aspiring dancer. Apparently, when he was dancing with co-star Priti Amin (plays Jia) he tripped on her. Karan laughs, "Yes, it happened. And on another occasion, I happened to tear her dress. It's not because I am not a good dancer, my shoes were pointed and that spoilt the act." Karan adds, "I am not formally trained in dance. Hence, I may not be technically correct, but I have a sense of rhythm. In fact, dance was one of the reasons I took up this show. I liked dancing and wanted it to be a part of my repertoire."

Karan has acted in films like 'Marigold' and 'Silsilay' and then the serial 'Sarrthi' followed.

Quiz him what made him take up TV after acting in films and he says, "I thought it wise to take up offers that came my way instead of waiting for film offers. But eventually I want to do films."

Apart from acting, its music and his girlfriend's Labrador that keeps him busy.

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?newsid=1142665

Edited by *Shruti* - 16 years ago
shruti thumbnail
By Noyon Jyoti Parasara

Television is getting younger by the day. The influx of channels like Zee Next, Bindaas and the repositioning of other channels who have realised the drop in ratings for the traditional tales reflects that.

Superstar Amitabh Bachchan, who was the host for KBC endorses that. "A lot more of the youth is watching television today. It is becoming a very vibrant medium. Reality shows too are doing well and that means there was a necessity for the transformation of television into a channel that is not just entertaining but is also a voice for the people who are watching them," says Bachchan.

This however does not mean it's the end of saas bahu sagas. Just that the storylines are getting younger and the focus is on the younger generation and their lives. "The stories are still somewhat regressive at times. There is talk of independence and other perks for

the youth in these storylines, but we still try and maintain traditional values," says Lalit Parimoo who has a show coming up on Zee Next.

The reason for the programming reshuffle with a focus on the youth on the General Entertainment majors like Star Plus, Star One, Sony TV, Sahara One and Zee TV is also due to the increasing DTH availability. This will enable youngsters, who watch around 3-4 hours of television, to watch programmes of their choice.

Production houses too are enjoying the paradigm shift and thus are getting creatively challenged once again. "It is not just about the youth. It's a complete difference in the approach. But emotions are always required. Family dramas still score over comedies. Just that there is a freshness in the approach," says Anurradha Prasad, of BAG Films who is also making several shows like Dahhej and Ek Thi Rajkumari for the younger channels.

Advertisers are also keen to use this young avatar of TV, to cash in on the youth who have now started spending anywhere between Rs 10,000 and Rs 20,000 per month, out of which a major amount is dependent on their television viewing.

"It is a positive change," says Sunil Mehta, MD Cinevistas who is producing the show Jersey No 10 which was rated as one of the top 5

shows on TV. "The saas bahu series that started almost a decade ago on TV remained popular for a while. But change is inevitable. Now there is something new to watch and it also gets back a section of the audience to TV. Youth based shows are liked not just by the youth but also the by the general audience. This gives people something more real than just women protagonists in every show," he adds.

The success of a show like Funjabi Chak De clearly shows that younger thoughts are being accepted. "Humour that is a little more caustic has started permeating into the precincts of our houses. We never thought that family audiences would watch such stuff, but they are accepting it," admits actor Ganesh Venkatraman whose sci-fi show Mayawi on Jaya TV drew in a lot of younger audiences.

In all, the pattern has changed because lifestyles too have. "people now have more than one television set at home. Hence different people in the same house are watching different shows and that means youngsters are definitely looking at positive and vibrant television," says supermodel turned actor Viraf Patel. Meanwhile Channel V and MTV too have started roping in younger faces to host shows now. The change is evident. And that could mean saas-bahus too have to start looking younger. Perhaps hair dyes too will start selling more.

http://www.deccan.com/TV%20Guide/TV%20GuideDescription.asp#T ube%20turns%20young

Shariefah thumbnail

I love Salsa and have now learnt it: Gauri Tonk

Gauri Tonk was last seen in the dance show 'Nach Baliye 2' following a long gap after her last Balaji show 'Kahin Kissi Roz'. The show brought her huge popularity in a short span of time, but then she disappeared from the screen.

The reason was her pregnancy and thus she wanted to dedicate all her time and attention to the child. "Moreover, Yash is working hard and earning for the family. So I do not feel any need to leave a month-old baby and go to work at that time," says Gauri.

Now that her daughter Pari is around three-and-a-half year old, Gauri thinks that it is the perfect time to do a come back in television. Thus, Gauri has now signed a show which she is still reluctant to talk about. Sources say that it is Tony and Diya Singh's new show 'Jhoome Jiya Re'.

However, we caught up with Gauri as to what she had been doing during the break and were surprised to find out that the dancing bug had bitten this mother. "I have been learning Salsa, post 'Nach Baliye'.

I really like the Salsa round and thus, decided to learn this dance form," reveals Gauri who finds Salsa very graceful and appealing. Simultaneously, Gauri had been taking singing classes and now she has finished the course.

Gauri is so obsessed with dancing that she had even forced Yash to leave a film offer so that they could participate in 'Nach Baliye'. Yash, who was unhappy at that time, had appreciated Gauri's decision after they reached the semi-final round.

This choosy actress had got a lot of offers from the television industry, but "none appealed to her" enough that she would be "tempted" to do it. However, Gauri is now ready to do even a small but substantial role in Kunal Kohli's film. Kunal was quiet impressed by her performance in 'Nach Baliye' and who knows he might just offer her one.