Benazir Bhutto assassinated

wini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Benazir Bhutto followed her father into politics, and both of them died because of it - he was executed in 1979, she fell victim to an apparent suicide bomb attack.

Benazir Bhutto's coffin being moved from the hospital in Rawalpindi on Thursday

Ms. Bhutto, who had twice been the country's prime minister and was a leading contender to be the next prime minister after elections set for Jan. 8, was declared dead by doctors at a hospital in Rawalpindi at 6:16 p.m. local time. At least a dozen more people were killed in the attack, and some reports said there were at least 20 dead. Hours later, her body was carried out of the hospital in a pale yellow casket, held high by hundreds of her followers clad in black.

She was the eldest child of former prime minister Zulfikar Ali Bhutto, a Pakistani of Sindhi descent, and BegumNusrat Bhutto, a Pakistani of Iranian-Kurdish descent. Her paternal grandfather was Sir Shah Nawaz Bhutto, who came to Larkana Sindh before partition from his native town of Bhatto Kalan, which was situated in the Indian state of Haryana.

She was assassinated on 27 December2007, in a combined suicide bomb attack and shooting during a political rally of the Pakistan Peoples Party in the Liaquat National Bagh in Rawalpindi.

Benazir among 11 most influential women of 2007

Former premier Benazir Bhutto has been listed as the second most influential woman of 2007 in a list of 11 compiled by MSN. Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Rodham Clinton leads the list.

Moderator's Note:
All discussions related to this incident shall be posted in thread only. Any other topics started regarding this will be locked.

Thank you,
PSF Development Team

Edited by fariha17 - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Picture just before attack (posted by prince007007)

Edited by fariha17 - 16 years ago
Zhasan thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Its really sad...may her soul rest in peace.
kalli thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
May her soul rest in peace 😭 😭 😭

RedButterfLy thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This is an extremely sad news for all pakistanis... our country has really been shaken by this incident... I wonder if we will ever know who did this hideous act or the secret will lay buried... ITs just so confusing... people are blaming Musharraf , some are blaming Talibans, then there is muslim league. But What I am realy angry about is how our government is actually handling the situation ... people are burning governemnt buildings and properties of other individuals who probably have nothing to do with the incident... people all over are scared and locked in homes. and what is worst is that all this is being shown on media here in USA and else where... ( the burning of buildings and property) , its really setting up a bad image for Pak)... I wish our country reaches a stable position soon enough .. and has a leader which will uplift it and get to the root of all these attacks. May Allah bless our beloved country Pakistan!!!
noorejahaan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I was never a Benazir Bhutto supporter, but this is shocking, sad, and quite frankly DISGUSTING! May her soul rest in peace, and her killers be punished! And let her poor children be taken care of, too - they are now left motherless because of someone's cruelty and greed!
RedButterfLy thumbnail
And also Benazir was a big hope for Pakistani women... our hopes of a better future for Pakistani women have died with her =(...
amy22 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I was totally against her return to Pakistan... but no matter what a person's political career is like, no-one deserves to die such a death except Musharraf. I know it sounds really cruel, but I hope Musharraf dies a far cruel way than Benazir. She didn't deserve it... she had three children who do not have a mother anymore. This is simply sad.

I always wrote negative stuff about her political career... but on a personal level, I really liked her. I liked her interviews, the way she talked was really amusing and she kind of always spoke the turth about her political opponents... it is obvious that Musharraf had her killed so she can't take over the position of PM. Musharraf is a curse for Pakistan. I hope he gets killed a real cruel way... he killed many innocent people in Pakistan in the name of terrorism... in fact, he is the only terrorist of P'akistan. Laal Masjid, Sawaat, Chief Justice... Emergency Marshallaw and now assassination of Benazir Bhutto. All these curses came upon Pakistan in Musharraf's time.

GEENE DO MUSHARRAF!

Innalillahi Wainna Ilaihi Rajeoon... Benazir didn't deserve this... may Allah give patience to her family. There can't be a bigger loss than that of a mother to her children. Her eldest daughter is prolly only 19-20... this is so sad that Benazir won't be able to see her kids get settled, married. Too sad... she won't see their khushian... won't ever now share the khushian with her husband.

Edited by amy22 - 16 years ago
supercool thumbnail
Innalillahi Wainna Ilaihi Rajeoon
man i never liked her but even she didnt deserve such a horrible death!!!feel so bad for her and her family esp her kids, now they are left motherless...cant imagine how they must be feeling right now 😭 😭
disgusted with the ppl behind this attack! 🤢
sunehri thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
well i dont think ke benazeer ki death me Musharaf ka thoda sa bhi hath ho
Never!!i am totaly for musharaf.
and Musharaf ne Benazeer ko bohat warn kiya tha ke Pakistan ke Halat ache nahi hian,lehaza wo abhi na ayen,But benazeer ne nahi suni,aur unki amad pe itne logon ki death hui,phir emergancy ke dauran,wo samajhna hi nahi chahti thin ke emergancy kyun lagi,balke wo apne jalse jari rakhti rahin(other wise bohat hi Hossle wali aur himmat wali khatoon)
aur isi me unki death hui,i think agar emergancy jari rehti to shahid aise halat na hote..
but what ever,ist a sad news,yoon lagta hai ke benazeer ko maut ne pakistan khaincha hia