DES PARDES 2(kyph) EPILOGUEpg 153

bheegi thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Hi everyone,

I am continuing the fan fic on a separate thread now. Please see: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=781083 for Des Pardes 1.

part 28: PG 1 PART 29: PG 10 PART 30: PG 20
PART 31: PG 27 PART 32: PG 36 PART 33: PG 45
PART 34: PG 54 PART 34: PG 63 PART 36: PG 69
PART 37: PG 75 PART 38: PG 79 PART 39: PG 85
PART 40: PG 90 PART 41: PG 97 PART 42: PG 103
PART 43: PG 109PART 44: PG 111PART 45: PG 116
PART 46: PG 121PART 47: PG 125
PART 48: PG 133PART 49: PG 139
PART 50: PG 146
EPILOGUE: PG 153Edited by bheegi - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bheegi thumbnail
PART 28:

FIVE YEARS LATER:

ZAIB'S LIFE: Meri bheegi bheegi si palkon pe reh gaye
                                             ………..jaise mere sapne bikhar ke…………..

MUMBAI: AT THE KHAN's RESIDENCE:

"Daddy…..mujhey khaana nahin khaana!" four year old Suhaana, sitting on her dad's lap protested vehemently at the dining table.

"Suhaana….khaana nahin khaaogi tho badhi kaise hogi jaan?" a doting Zaib kissed her chubby little cheeks.

"Zaib beta….nahin khaana chaahti tho chhod de abhi….jab bhookh lagegi tho apne aap aa jaayegi," Zareen, Zaib's mom joined the family on the table and said.

"Theek hai ammi…..jaisa aap kahein…waise yeh bahut badmaash ladki hai….agar aap abhi biscuit ya cake offer karein isey tho phataphat bhookh laut aayegi!" Zaib placed Suhaana down and let her run into her dadi's lap.

"Zaib beta….Kabir agle hafte America jaa raha hai," Shahnawaz wiped his face after chewing his food.

Zaib stiffened at the mention of 'America' "Oh..accha? Lekin kyun?" he asked curtly

"Hum US mein apne kuch show rooms kholna chaah rahe hain….wahan Indian jewelry ki bahut demand hai….tho socha wo market bhi tap kiya jaaye," Kabir added.

Zaib just nodded silently; he was in no mood to talk about that alien country-as far as he was concerned that country did not exist on this planet.

"Zaib…tum tho jaante ho ki meri tabiyat ab theek nahin rehti…..tho main chaahta hoon ki Kabir ki help karne tum bhi kuch din America chale jaana…..2 log honge tho kaam aasaan ho jaayega…..aur wo bhi gharwaala koi ho tho aur bhi accha hai," Shahnawaz requested.

"Abbu! Aap jaante hain ki mere oopar yahan kitni responsibilities hain…..Suhaana ko chhod kar kaise jaa sakta hoon?" Zaib asked.

"Aap Suhaana ki fikr mat kariye Zaib bhai," Sanya, Kabir's wife added, "main hoon na….jaisa Farhan…mere liye waisi hi Suhaana," she smiled and gestured Suhaana to sit on her lap, "aao Suhaana…taiji ki godh mein aa jao."

"Wo tho theek hai bhabhi…lekin Afreen? Afreen ki tabiyat…uske doctors ke visits….dawaiyaan…..wo saap sab kaise manage karengi?" Zaib asked.

"Zaib….Afreen ki tabiyat tho kaafi sudhar gayi hai…aaj kal baatein bhi karne lagi hai….us din Suhaana ko dekhkar muskuraayee bhi thi," Zareen smiled.

"Wo tho theek hai ammi…lekin aap jaanti hai na…usey relapse kabhie bhi ho sakta hai….aise mein mera yahan hona kitna zaroori hai," Zaib tried his best to get out of the US trip.

"Adi Hasan ka phone aaya tha….wo kuch din Afreen ko apne ghar le jaana chaahte hain….kuch din apne maayke reh legi tho uska bhi change ho jaayega," Zaib's father said.

"Sochta hoon main," Zaib sighed and got up, "chalo Suhaana…..bedtime sweety…..ammi ko goodnight karne chalte hain….phir ninna time…OK?"

"Ok daddy," a chirpy Suhaana got off Sanya's lap and ran into Zaib's arms.

As Zaib turned to leave, Kabir called for him, "Zaib…..I would really like it if you joined me in the US….tum beshaq ek hafte baad aa jaana….I will get settled in the meantime……it will mean a lot to me Zaib."

Zaib respected his older brother and it was almost impossible for him to turn down a request from Kabir, "theek hai Kabir bhai….aapko kal bataa doonga….let me think about it….and get things settled here," and walked upstairs with Suhaana in his arms.

Zaib and Suhaana walked into Afreen's room. Afreen was rocking gently on a rocking chair. She stopped swaying when she saw Zaib and Suhaana at the door.

Suhaana ran to her mom, "Goodnight ammi!" she hugged Afreen and kissed her cheeks. Afreen had a faint smile on her face; she kissed Suhaana back and softly replied, "goodnight beta."

Zaib smiled on seeing the mother daughter bond and walked towards them, "goodnight Afreen…..jaanti ho aaj Suhaana ne apna naam likhna seekh liya hai?" he picked Suhaana in his arms and smiled at her like a proud dad.

"Sach?" Afreen smiled and nodded, "kuch din mein aapki tarah kitaabein bhi likhne lagegi."

"Wo tho pataa nahin," he gave Suhaana a playful smack on her forehead, "jab tak khaana nahin khaayegi…..tab tak kitaab likhna mushkil hai."

"Daddy! Daddy! Please apni nayi poem waali kitaab sunao na mujhey…..wo Bandar waali poem….please…please," Suhaana made a cute face to melt Zaib's phony anger.

"Badmaash!" he chuckled and walked out with the four year old in his arms.

Afreen smiled tearfully behind them, "badmaash….bilkul apne abbu jaisi," she closed her eyes and tried her best to forget her past memories, but those painful memories always had a way to haunt her again and again……

FLASHBACK:

After Azaan and Afreen had crossed their limits on that eventful monsoon night, a guilty Afreen finally returned home. Both Azaan and Afreen knew they had committed a sin and were very guilty about their actions.

Next day, Azaan found Afreen in the college canteen, "Afreen….please mujhey tumse kuch baat karni hai…please Afreen……naaraaz mat ho mujhse…..meri baat tho suno."

A tearful Afreen looked up, "Azaan," she sobbed, "yeh hum dono ne kya kar diya? Main apni hi nazron mein gir gayi hoon…..maine abbu se vaada kiya tha ki kabhie unki izzat par aanch nahin aane doongi…..main bahut kharaab beti hoon."

"Galti meri hai Afreen…..mujhey hi apne oopar control karna chaahiye tha," a guilt ridden Azaan said.

"Nahin Azaan…galti hum dono ki hai," she cried out.

"Afreen…..ab humein jaldi hi shaadi kar leni chaahiye…..main nahin chaahta ki tum par koi ungli bhi uthaaye," Azaan said.

"Lekin kaise Azaan? Abbu se kya kahenge? Wo kabhie nahin maanenge…..tumhari padhai bhi tho khatam nahin huyi hai," she sniffed.

"Ahmedabad mein mere maama rehte hain…..unka bahut badha business hai…..wo kab se chaahte hain ki main unka business join kar loon….lawyer bankar kya karoonga? Soch raha hoon business hi join kar leta hoon…phir tho tumhare abbu ko koi aitraaz nahin hoga na?" Azaan asked.

"Nahin Azaan…..meri wajah se tum apne sapne kyun thod rahe ho?" she hiccupped.

"Mera sab se badha sapna tho tum ho Afreen…..agar tum nahin….tho koi aur sapna maayne nahin rakhta…..main kal hi Ahmedabad jaata hoon…..ammi bhi abhi wahin hain…..unhein wapas bhi le aaoonga," Azaan was very excited about the plan.

Afreen was a bundle of confusion; she just nodded silently, "theek hai Azaan….jaisa tum theek samjho…main bhi ab tum se door nahin reh sakti."

"That's like a good girl….now smile please," Azaan lifted her chin and wiped tears.

Azaan left for Ahmedabad the next day and called Afreen with the good news, "AFREEN! AFREEN! Main aur ammi kal hi Mumbai aa rahe hain….maine maamu ke saath business join bhi kar liya hai….ab hamari shaadi ko koi nahin rok sakta….kya tum Ahmedabad move karogi?"

"Azaan…tumhare saath main duniya ke kisi bhi kone mein jaa sakti hoon….of course I will," she was in seventh heaven

Fate had something else in mind though. The ill fated train which Azaan and his mom boarded from Ahmedabad met with a head on collision on its way to Mumbai. All 500 passengers were declared dead. The bodies were so mangled, that very few survivors were identified.

The news of Azaan and his mother's death spelt disaster in Afreen's life. Not only was she shocked and jolted by the news, a few weeks later she found out that she was pregnant. It was around the same time, Zaib got back from the US, a dejected soul. The Hassan family was devastated; not only had they lost their prospective son in law, but also had a pregnant 22 year old unwed girl.

Zaib, like a true gentleman stepped into rescuing the Hassan's 'izzat' and promised to marry Afreen and raise her child as his own flesh and blood.

To the world, Afreen and Zain are a married couple with a cute four year old daughter, Suhaana (a name which Azaan had always liked), but only a handful of close family members know that during the nikaah, Afreen had passed out before she could accept Zaib as her husband.

She went into a state of shock, and to this date has not recovered completely from the trauma. Zaib and his family honored their commitment and brought Afreen to their house. Zaib took full responsibility for Afreen's treatment and since Suhaana's birth, has been her dad and father figure. Zaib promised the Hassan's, "uncle….jab tak Afreen ki tabiyat theek nahin hoti…wo hamare saath rahegi….hamare ghar ki bahu ki tarah….aur jis din Afreen khud mujhey apna pati kabool karne ke laayak ho jaayegi…..hum nikaah kar lenge….she and her child are my responsibility from now on…..aap ko koi chinta karne ki zaroorat nahin hai."

Zaib has kept his promise to the Hassans. He makes sure Afreen and Suhaana are well taken care of. He even takes them out on long walks and car rides just like a happy family of three. Afreen has just recently started talking and responding to her own daughter's presence. The recent improvement in Afreen's health has given everyone hope in the Khan household that one day they might all see Zaib and Afreen actually married as husband and wife.

PRESENT: SUHAANA's ROOM

'Dekho ek madari aaya
Sang mein apne Bandar laaya
Dum dum dum dumroo bajaa raha hai
Bandar ko wo nachaa raha hai
Chali bandariya deke taane
Bandar usko lagaa manaane
Dono ne mil rang jamaaya
Apna apna naach dikhaaya
…'

Zaib yawned and stretched after reciting that poem about the 'bandar and madari' for the umpteenth time, "ab Suhaana rani…so jao….daddy bhi thak gaye hain."

"Ek baar aur…please last time?" she made her usual cute face to which Zaib could not say NO. After a few more recitals, Suhaana was finally asleep in Zaib's arms. Zaib gently removed her from his arms, kissed her goodnight and tip toed to his room.

It had been an exhausting day, between Suhaana's swim classes, music classes, Afreen's doctor appointments and his new album release that he had barely spent any time on the manuscript of his new book. He was writing a children's story book this time; his last book on children's poems was a best seller. Since then, his publisher was pestering him to write another children's book as there was a big market all over the world for Hindi storybooks for kids.

Zaib stretched his arms and turned on his computer. As he searched his manuscript document, he accidentally clicked a photograph folder from his Chicago trip. He cringed at the sight of the famous Buckingham fountain with a smiling Kripa and him in the foreground. Zaib killed the window as soon as it popped up, "kyun? Kyun? Kyun abhi tak maine yeh photographs rakhi huyi hain? Why can't I just delete them? Kya aaj bhi main us patthar dil ladki se pyaar karta hoon? Aur kyun karta hoon?" he got up in frustration and shut his computer off- he was in no mood to write any more. He walked out into the balcony and stood there in the dark.

"Is raat ki tarah meri zindagi mein bhi sirf andhera hi hai…..bas ek Suhaana hai jo mujhey zinda rakhti hai….warna meri rooh aur dil ka katl tho us din us berehem ladki ne kar hi diya tha," he pounded his fists on the balcony railing and recalled this song:

'Kaise kahein hum" from "sharmilee"

http://www.raaga.com/channels/hindi/lyrics/13208.html

kaise kahe hum pyaar ne hum ko, kyaa kyaa khel dikhaaye
yoo sharamayee kismat hum se, khud se hum sharamaaye

baagon ko to patazad loote, lootaa humei bahaar ne
duniyaa maratee maut se lekin maaraa hum ko pyaar ne
apanaa wo haal hai, beech safar me, jaise koee loot jaaye

tum kyaa jaano, kyaa chaahaa thaa, kyaa lekar aaye hum
toote sapane, ghaayal nagme, kuchh shole kuchh shabanam
kitanaa kuchh hain paayaa hum ne, kahe to kahaa naa jaaye

ayesee bajee shahanaayee gharame, ab tak so naa sake hum
apanon ne hum ko itanaa sataayaa, roye to ronaa sake hum
ab to karo kuchh ayesaa yaaro, hosh naa hum ko aaye

KRIPA's LIFE : Waqt se jo mila mujhey wo zakhm
                                  ………..seena padha……seena padha……….

WASHINGTON D.C- INSIDE AN APARTMENT IN A HIGHRISE COMPLEX

"MOM! MOM!" Kripa yelled from her room, "Sur! Kahan ho tum sab?"

Kripa walked out and saw Gayatri combing little four year old Sur's auburn colored hair, "mom….aaj court jaldi pahunchna hai…..chalo Sur….apna bag uthao…..I have to drop you at preschool."

"Bye nani!" Sur kissed her grandmother, "see you later."

"Bye beta! Aaj shaam ko kya khaayegi?" Gayatri asked affectionately.

"Kadhi-chawal!" Sur's face lit up as her mouth watered at the thought of her nani's cooking.

"Theek hai!" Gayatri pinched Sur's cheeks, "accha hai….tujhey shuru se hi apna desi khaana pasand hai……apni mama ki tarah nahin."

"Mom! Of course I like your cooking….par roz roz desi khaana se main bore ho jaati thi bachpan mein," Kripa said in her unaccented and fluent Gujarati.

Dressed in a business suit, with shoulder length hair, laptop bag and purse on her shoulders, she fit the profile of a young and upcoming lawyer in the great city of Washington D.C.

Kripa drove her beautiful, green eyed daughter to her preschool like every day. She walked her into her classroom, "Bye beta……have a great day….nani will pick you up at 3 this afternoon….theek hai?"

Sur hugged and kissed her mom, "bye mom…..will you come home on time?"

Kripa stared at her daughter's deep green eyes; they were so innocent and loving, so unlike her birth dad who Kripa had not seen since she threw back the engagement ring on his face.

"Koshish karoongi beta……aaj kal bahut important case hai court mein," Kripa smiled and pinched her daughter's soft cheeks.

"But will you read me my favorite bedtime story? No…not story….that Hindi poem….on Bandar?" Sur giggled as she remembered the funny poem.

Kripa's eyes became a little moist as she thought, "like mother….like daughter….Zaib ki kitaab padhe bina na mujhey neend aati hai….aur na Sur ko."

Kripa waved at her daughter, "promise…I will….bye sweetheart."

As Kripa drove to the offices of her Law Firm (the same one where she had done a summer job 5 years ago), she thanked the Hindi classes she had taken when she was in Law School. Now that she was fluent in both written and spoken Hindi and Gujarati, she had realized the depth of Zaib's writing skills in his first book, 'Teri yaad mein.' His book and his tape were her lifeline in this otherwise mundane and hectic life of a young, single mom and full time professional.

She had recently come across the Children's poem book while she searched for some Hindi story books for Sur online. That was one of the happiest days in her life when the book had arrived at their doorstep.

Kripa had caressed the cover for a long time after receiving the book. Her heart had sunk when she read the author's introduction on the inside flap:

'This book of poems is dedicated to my daughter, Suhaana Khan.'

Of course, that was bound to happen. After all he was a married man now-at least that is what she was told by Hinna. Zaib and Afreen's real relation was a well guarded secret in the family; even Hinna was prohibited from divulging it to anyone. Hinna was torn between her friend and her family, but once she saw Zaib's hatred for Kripa, she had decided to keep the secret a secret from Kripa. Kripa was still ashamed and guilty about her behavior with Zaib, and now that she thought he was married, she had prohibited Hinna from telling him anything about her life.

FLASHBACK (as Kripa drove through the crowded streets of downtown D.C)

After Zaib left her in that state 5 years ago, she had been devastated. Although, she did visit the abortion clinic with Lisa the next day, the clinic would not abort the fetus for another 48 hours. That was their policy as they wanted to make sure that the decision was not being taken in haste and was well thought of by the woman. Her parents had arrived by then and sensed something wrong with Kripa.

Lisa was forced to tell Kripa's parents about her crisis. Suryabhan's gentle heart could not accept the truth and had a massive heart attack the same day. At that moment, her father's health became the priority for the family. After struggling in the Cardiac ICU for a week, Suryabhan finally succumbed to the deep trauma given to him by his only daughter.

Kripa and Gayatri were shattered beyond words. Hinna and Lisa helped the two of them during that tough period. Peter also found out about Kripa's misery and helped her out just like a true friend.

It was at that moment, that Kripa's guilt became so overwhelming- her father's death and Zaib's sharp words about her being a heartless woman haunted her day and night.

"Mom….I have decided to continue with this pregnancy…..I am the one who took a foolish decision, but I am not going to take any more foolish decisions…this baby will live…..I am going to be her or his mother……no matter what!" Kripa declared firmly.

Gayatri supported her decision, but was completely numb of any emotions. Kripa decided to abandon her decision to go to law school and join her mother in their motel business, but Gayatri convinced her to pursue her dreams, "Kripa….agar tu apne papa ko khush dekhna chaahti hai….tho Law school zaroor jaana….unhone teri padhai ke liye alag se ek fund rakha hua tha…..unhey bahut dukh hoga agar tu Law school nahin gayi tho."

Kripa's remorse had no bounds now; she realized how much her dad cared and loved her. He had led a simple life all these years and saved money for college tuition so that his daughter could fulfill her dreams.

She had hurt so many people who cared for her- Zaib, her parents, her friends. It was then that she decided to go ahead with her plans to go to Law School. Fortunately, she was accepted at the prestigious University of Chicago Law school program and graduated with flying colors. It is during that period, she gave birth to her cute little angel, Sur. Gayatri cut back on her work at the motels and became Sur's main care taker as Kripa toiled away at the Law School.

After graduation, Kripa was lucky to have many job offers but her heart was set at working with Mr Gary Simon once again (he mentored her during her summer job in D.C). The three of them moved to D.C after selling their motel business.

Kripa prohibited Gayatri from working anymore, "Mom…I have a decent salary now….you don't need to work hard…I just want you to do what you enjoy…..and be there for Sur and me."

Gayatri spends her time taking care of the house, Sur and has joined a meditation and bhajan group with the 'swaadhyaaye' group at the Hindu temple in D.C.

Kripa's tragic experiences has changed her from the arrogant, stubborn, selfish girl who took people for granted to a loving mother, daughter, hardworking professional and a person who values and cares for people who are close to her and are her well wishers. She is still stubborn to a certain extent, but that aspect of her personality is an asset in court. Mr Simon cannot sing enough praises about this young and determined lawyer.

PRESENT (still driving to work)

Kripa tried to distract herself by turning the radio on. Listen to this beautiful heart wrenching country song by Rascal Flatts:

"what hurts the most"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJEs1TyzL_A

I can take the rain on the roof of this empty house
That don't bother me
I can take a few tears now and then and just let them out
I'm not afraid to cry every once in a while
Even though going on with you gone still upsets me
There are days every now and again I pretend I'm ok
But that's not what gets me

What hurts the most
Was being so close
And having so much to say
And watching you walk away
And never knowing
What could have been
And not seeing that loving you
Is what I was tryin' to do

It's hard to deal with the pain of losing you everywhere I go
But I'm doin' It
It's hard to force that smile when I see our old friends and I'm alone
Still Harder
Getting up, getting dressed, livin' with this regret
But I know if I could do it over
I would trade give away all the words that I saved in my heart
That I left unspoken

What hurts the most
Is being so close
And never knowing
What could have been
Is what I was trying to do

What hurts the most
Is being so close
And never knowing
What could have been
Is what I was trying to do

Not seeing that loving you
That's what I was trying to do
Ooohhh....

….to be contd…..
Edited by bheegi - 16 years ago
mizz_sabah thumbnail
Just read the last two parts and I am shocked! U write really good! Waiting for the next part! Please continuee..
bheegi thumbnail

Originally posted by: mizz_sabah

Just read the last two parts and I am shocked! U write really good! Waiting for the next part! Please continuee..

thanks Miss sabah... 😊
abhilashasharma thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
well... i am right... c i have got used to ur ff's... i guessed there might be a leap... c it is...!!!
i am very angry... y did u split afreen-azaan couple... 😡 😡 😡 *sniffling* 😭 oh god!!!! the young, chirpy romantic poet and artist have become so serious and of course loving daddy... 😳 wow... both suhaana and sur are on the same category!!! 😆 i like it... both love bandar song... 😆 of course both their moms being a great fan of zaibs songs and poems... 😉 kripa is a complete change... this profession kripa.... i like her just like that confused kripa... seems zaib is gonna crash with sur in DC roads... for sure... 😆

the leap is so gripping... 👏 👏 👏
btw... i forgot to ask one thing... u told this will be a nice lovey-dovey fun romantic story after tumhari amaanat.. y r u making me cry... 😭 not often... occasionally... 😳 😃
bheegi thumbnail

Originally posted by: abhilashasharma

well... i am right... c i have got used to ur ff's... i guessed there might be a leap... c it is...!!!
i am very angry... y did u split afreen-azaan couple... 😡 😡 😡 *sniffling* 😭 oh god!!!! the young, chirpy romantic poet and artist have become so serious and of course loving daddy... 😳 wow... both suhaana and sur are on the same category!!! 😆 i like it... both love bandar song... 😆 of course both their moms being a great fan of zaibs songs and poems... 😉 kripa is a complete change... this profession kripa.... i like her just like that confused kripa... seems zaib is gonna crash with sur in DC roads... for sure... 😆

the leap is so gripping... 👏 👏 👏

thanks abhi...yes you have 😆 now u know my style 😉 i might have to change in my next ff so i can still be unpredictable. U R kidding....u really want the confused Kripa back? 😆 😆

i am sorry for the tears in this story....but kya karein AK lovestories are incomplete without tears...the Peter parts were not tearful were they? 😆 Edited by bheegi - 16 years ago

Originally posted by: bheegi

thanks abhi...yes you have 😆 u r most welcome 😳
now u know my style 😉 i might have to change in my next ff so i can still be unpredictable. well... waiting for the change in the style of writing... 😳 😍
U R kidding....u really want the confused Kripa back? 😆 😆  she was more entertaining... par chaltha hai... yadi sur aur suhaana more entertainment provide karthe tho

i am sorry for the tears in this story....but kya karein AK lovestories are incomplete without tears...the Peter parts were not tearful were they? 😆
they were the most cracking parts... 🤣  🤣  i luved zaib-peter chemistry to certain extent... by the way... is peter gonna make appearance in later parts to share screen with zaib...???? 

you know what earlier before the leap whenever i read the update i used to feel bright colours like... well... like spring season... prevailing in my mind... 😳
now this leap episode ... i feel like a snowy land with blue sky prevailing in my mind... 😳 so crazy right???? 😆
kan123 thumbnail
well...it was a tearful part although some thinggs were predictable...but ur style made it soul touchingg...please tell zaib not to hate her...poor soul...lost her dad too 😭 😭 ..plz make them meet...are there more leaps...thanks tht they are still young...hope suhaana n sur bring them togethr
bheegi thumbnail
thanks abhi...yes Peter will play an important role in coming chapters 😉