Aastha To Quit Astitva - Article

HugabbleJaan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
Aastha to quit Astitva
By: Vickey Lalwani
August 30, 2005

[email protected]
FILMDOM CALLING: Niki Aneja Walia and Yuvika Chaudhary in Astitiva — Ek Prem Kahani
Yuvika Chaudhary, who plays Simran's (Niki Aneja Walia) adopted daughter Aastha in Zee's Astitiva — Ek Prem Kahani, has decided to quit the show. Reason? The youngster wants to take the next logical step and act in films.

Chaudhary has already signed her first film, which will be made in Tamil.

"I am supposed to start shooting in October. The schedules are fixed for overseas and South India. I won't be able to keep my feet in both films and television and have informed producer Ajai Sinha. He is quite cool about it."

Chaudhary says Satish Kaushik has promised to cast her in his films and will soon include her in one of his ventures.

"Satishji was the one who suggested I take up Sinha's serial when I was participating in the Zee Cinestar Ki Khoj. He was one of the judges. That time, I was confused about what to do. I was getting offers from Star and Sony as well, but was keener to start off with a film. Satishji said he will cast me in his film shortly, and I decided to take up Astitva. Soon, he will honour his commitment."

Sinha confirmed that Yuvika would no longer be part of Astitva. "Yuvika will be shooting till August end. It's her personal life, I can't hold her back. I wish her the very best."

Without revealing whether he will wind up Aastha's character or bring in a replacement, Sinha said, "Let that remain a suspense. Kahani mein ek bahut hi interesting twist aane wala hai."

[email protected]

Who is Yuvika?

Yuvika is a Delhi-based actress, who won the Best Face award in Zee TV's talent hunt, Zee Cinestar Ki Khoj. She has been part of Astitva since March 15, when the serial took an 18-year leap. Her mother has shifted to Mumbai to be with her, while her businessman father remains in Delhi.
Thanks to mid-day.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vazz thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
You know what.. last time Mr Sinha said there would be a twist, Sia ( the baby Astha) went missing... I guess now it will be the turn of Astha. She can then go into exile, let Simran and Abhi write books on parenting and what they could have done to avoid the mess they are in and Astha can read this in the next few years and then can come back and they can be one BIG happy family :)
sree thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I really wonder what this article means....I just hope it is not another kidnap, death or a very absurd plastic surgery done for some reason just to change the character.....Come on, Ajay, you do not need these Kekta magic to keep your great serial going...... 😡
innocentindian thumbnail
yep - i agree with sree 100%

mr. sinha, i am sure you or one of your people does read the stuff here (i would like for you to cryptically confirm this in one of the dialogues in the program as well)...we know u are more than capable of coming up with something more creative, intelligent and realistics than the usual kekta stuff...so please do.... 👏
Mannha thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
i am quite sad that Yuvika is leaving, she is a great asset to Astitva i hope they dont abandon her charactor, the story line develping is reali good, im lukin 4ward 2 the climax. i hav 2 agree that sinha is a great director and his serials are very good, along with Ekta Kappoors 2! ;)
Vini thumbnail
i started liking yuvika'a acting but she is quitting. well, good luck to her and i hope they don't do another leap or maybe they can show that sia and sid got married and astha happily said goodbye to all of them and go to abroad for further studies.

😳
kbakshi thumbnail
MS Yuvika Chaudhry has done a great part in astitva.
It is high time for her to leave the serial and
look for other good things in her life. If she received
assignment in Films she will be great. He character
in Astitva was getting boring. You could easily predict
her reaction in the situation.
In any case Astitva is getting boring.
Good luck to her and my bring her success in her life.
soniki thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
What i dont understand is that why do the people who dont like the show continue to watch it stop complaining and change the channel. Some of us like the show and most of the charracters that play them! I say most Abbas khan cant act so Im glad he got replaced and besides that he never looked or spoke well

As far as Yuvika is concerned I just read that she wants to leave the show for Movies well I dont have much credit to those who forget where they started and she has hardly started and is willing to leave the show that gave her the big break that she needed

Niki and Shaguna are the best followed be saurabh. as far as Varun is concerned well I cant compliment Varun cause I think he's a bad actor anyhow!!
principessa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This is sad... Do you think they'll get another actress for the role? Coz i don't think make her disappear would be logical, as it will lead to the end of the serial I guess.
Thanks for sharing.. 😊
sabz86 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
awwww Aashta is leaving !! Its aight i wish her the best of LUCK in her future venturess !!!