Ritu Chaudhary aka Shobhaenters Meri Awaz

ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Ritu Chaudhary enters Meri Awaz

Shobha from Kyunki aka Ritu Choudhary has resumed work after a gap of one year. She has entered Meri Awaaz Ko Mil Gayi Roshni as Sunita.

Talking about her character, she says, "I play Sunita, the eldest daughter-in-law of a typical Punjabi family. She is a very simple and strong minded person. Lately, she had gone through a bad phase, suffering three miscarriages. The fourth time as well luck betrayed her when she had a fourth miscarriage but she is not aware of it. Her husband hides it by giving her Sudha's child in order to save her life."

Adds Ritu, "I was on vacation for a year as I wanted to pay some more attention to my family and myself. I took up this show as I liked the concept; it's very well- written. Another reason was the channel -Star Plus and the production house FOX. It feels good to come back to work."

The actress says that she is very much a part of Kyunki. "I'm very thankful to Balaji because it was Shobha Virani that brought me this name and fame."

Meanwhile, the current track in Meri Awaaz has Sudha living with Sunita's family and also taking care of Roshni. The story portrays the conflict of two mothers and a father. The serial has recently taken a leap leading to the lead actors Karan Grover and Soumya Tondon taking a break from the show as a new family has been introduced.