Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mini786 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Ya I heard about that this morning after waking up.

I wasn't really shocked I mean looking at all the things happening their! But what really did get to me was my Grandma was in the hospital and they had cut off all means of communication internationally, so we had no contact with anyone their! They just let the communication start up again. My mum is talking to my aunt right now on the phone.

I'm praying for all over their and hopefully all this gets settled!

-Mahak-
tottiroma1 thumbnail
musharraf sathya gaya hai pooray mulk ki halat kharab kar rakhi hai yeh khud chala jaye to Pakistan behtar hoga 😆
RagMasta thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
yeah im watching his speech on geo rite now n thanks for posting this article
karankittu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
well it isnt that shocking!! After everything thats bene going on!. i was soo anoyed when he let benazeer in i think he should go!!!! ..hate him!!. all eh knows is how to obey america!! that's all!!!
pakistan is such a pure clean name such a beuatiful country it's a shame some pakistanis wlel now a days most of them especilaly the media turn out to eb nasty peices of work!!
SabeenSmiles thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
i'm Pakistani too, i saw it on CNN and ABC News. why is all this happening in Pakistan i just wish it weren't happening in Pakistan! 😭 😭 😭
-SMay31- thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
All can i say HE is gone mad jst want to KILL him 😡 😡 😡
--Pinky-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Please God Protect and Save Pakistan ... Ameen

Ms. Bholi Bhali thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

November 3, 2007

Click here for Urdu version
President's Address to the nation:
    Pakistan has to take some important but painful decision otherwise the solidarity of the country will be endangered. I have made the decisions under the principle of Pakistan First. Pakistan comes first, is my guiding rule and it is above all personal gains.

The situation rapidly changes in last some months; terrorism and extremism are the affliction throughout the country.

The heart of Pakistan Islamabad is also afflicted by the extremism; the extremist elements want to enforce their archaic, outdated notions on all.

In my view, senior office-bearers are going to the Supreme Court and they are being insulted; so, they are reluctant to take any action.

I am being told that there 1000 cases regarding these officials are pending in the apex court. The air of disappointment prevails over the country.

The assemblies completed their full terms; I hoped that when the assemblies complete their full terms, the transition to the democracy would be completed.

Accordingly, I am very sorry to say that the economic boom has come to a halt. The investors have stopped investing in the country.

There is a boom in every sector including building and construction, agricultural system; I fear that my struggle of seven years may not be spoiled; I cannot see it declining and being spoiled.

I am being phoned and asked and taunted and said that you are such a decision-maker; why are you lagging behind in your decisions. The situation was going from bad to worse.

The media could not lend a helping hand to improve the situation but added insult to the injury, rather. This is the same media, which I gave full freedom; I said frequently that the media should not be negative; but, on some channels the situation was not bit better.

There has been clash between the legislature and the government institutions and the judiciary; both sides were in trouble; the government system was semi-paralyzed.

I hammered out a strategy in 1999. I played the professional role from 1999 to 2002. From 2002 onwards, the democratic system was run. This second phase was well steered.

It would be the first time in the history of Pakistan that National Assembly and Local Bodies would complete their tenures.

The third phase of transition was set in 2007, when the assemblies were coming to the conclusion of their term on November 15; and the polls would be well convened; first the presidential and then general elections scheduled to be held.

The first time in the history we introduced the transition under a strategy and it was making headway. But, the vested interests were obstructing its path.

There were only three months left; however, for the personal gains, the process was being halted by some unscrupulous people.

• The economic conditions were on the rise towards well being; but the hurdles were put by these people and the investors ceased to be interested any more to invest in the country.

www.geo.tv

i thought his whole speech was just too crappy. there was NO NEED of justifying his stand to USA! and telling them that we are dooing our best. USA is nothing to Pakistan and Pakistanis!! all he did was let us down, in all these eight years!!!

Fazila~ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: pinkykhan

Please God Protect and Save Pakistan ... Ameen

Suma Ameen and may Allah hear the prayers of all those who have prayed here for Pakistan Ameen.....Pakistan...I love you.... may Allah protect you...Ameen
240648 thumbnail
i just saw the news on BBC and after his speech they also contacted some other pakistani politicions......

I am soo confused.....dunnno who to believe???
I think that it was getting necessary to issue the emergency law after seeing the events happening in the last few weeks in Pakistan. However, there can also be some great politics behind it as Imran Khan said that the President is just doing it to preserve his position.......

I hope everything goes fine in Pakistan!! really worried now.......

May Allah Bless Pakistan and all the Pakistanis!!