Khuda Kay Liye: Movie Summary

aadil_shabbir thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

It contains ends and all the important events, so if you haven't seen the movie and want to see the movie, you should not read this.

Khuda Kay Liye is story about Mansoor (Shan) and Sarmad (Fawad) who are musician in Lahore, Pakistan. Their Chachu (Father's younger Brother) is in London with his wife and British-Born Daughter, Mary. Mary falls in love with a non-Mulsim guy and soon people from the community begins to taunt Hussein about his daughter's relation with a not-Muslim guy. Samrad begins to visit Mullah Tahiri's with an old friends, Shershah and finds out that Music is not allowed in Islam and it was not long that Samrad begins to follow Mullah and went against music and refused to play the music anymore.

Hussein brings his daughter to Pakistan by telling her that she will get married to her not-Muslim boy. After bringing her into Pakistan he tell Samrad and Mansoor's father that he wants Mary to live in Pakistan and the audience also finds out that with the woman Husain was living in London was his second wife not his first. Mansoor's father asks Mansoor if he will marry Mary but he refuses and then Hussein goes to Samrad if he will help her and Samrad asks Mullah and he tell him that it's indeed a great job if he marries Mary to prevent her from marrying a non-Muslim guy. Mullah also tell Samrad that this work can only be done in a village near Afghanistan and Pakistan border. Samrad and Hussein takes Mary to the village and Samrad and Mary gets married and when Mary finds out that she is left heart-broken and is forced in marrying Samrad.

Mansoor goes to Chicago's The School of Music and where he meets Jenny and falls in love with her, who is a Christian. Soon 9/11 takes place and Manssor is arrested after someone accuses of him being a terrorist and is held under a American Authorities.

Mary lives in the village without a happiness and when once she tried to escape, she is captured and SherShad tell Samrad that Mary (now her Muslim name is Mariam) will not escape if they will have a child and Samrad tell her that they never shared a relation which will not give birth to a son. SherShar and Mullah tell Samrad that if he can't kill some at least do something which will prove that he is a man. Samrad rape Mariam which ended Mariam Pregnant and she asked Allah to give her son because she didn't not wanted a girl to end up like her. Mariam gives birth to a girl.

Mansoor is forced into accepting that he is related to Osama bin laden, and he was involved in 9/11. Mansoor was also mentally tortured.

Mariam send a letter to her boyfriends saying that she is held against her wishes in the village and is rescued but Mariam says that she will not let this end so easily and files a case against Samrad of rape and abduction. The Case Process and a Muslim scholar who clarifies oft misunderstood and misinterpreted tenets of Islam during a court case. He seeks to prove that music is neither forbidden nor detrimental to Muslim believers. He also says that Mary's father can not prevent her marriage to a non-Muslim, as thisrestriction is for Muslims only; Mary was raised Christian, and her father acted against the tenets of Islam by having a child with a Christian woman who he never married, so he can not force her to abide by Muslim law.

Mansoor is severely traumatized and is sent back to Pakistan and Samrad finds his passion again for music and Mansoor slowly begins to recover.

Mariam opens a school for girls in the village with the help of a Afghan men from the village.

Film ends on this scene:

Mullah Tahiri's is talking to some men in the mosque when Samrad come and says aslam o alikum to everyone and begins to say Azan by standing in front of a mike. Mullah says to his man to say Azan and he takes mike from Samrad and begins to say Azan while Samrad ignores him and says his azan.

Sorry for wrong spelling.

I really loved this movie, finally such a great Pakistani movie after a long time. My 3 favorites films are Heer-Ranjha, Choorian and Khuda Kay Liye.

Performance by everyone is just great, whether it is Shaan or Naseeruddin Shah. Everyone did amazing job. But I really loved Iman Ali's performance, Fawad Afzal was good but it was Iman who stand out from the rest of the cast.

Music was also good, I really loved Bandaya Hoo and Allah Hoo songs.

But I thought that the comments were too harsh of against the music but I anyway I loved the movie.

Over All I will give this movie 10/10

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for the great summary. I really want to watch it 😛
*Fiza* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
thanks for sharing...i agree with u... lollywood did produce some great movies in the past.. but khuda ke liye is one of the best movie ever made ... and thats because we are all facing these problems in whichever country we are living in.. This films sends a strong message to every muslim... so PSF members if u haven't watched this movie then do watch it... i heard that this movie will now be released in U.K and USA on the 2nd of november...
amy22 thumbnail
Thanks a lot for sharing, yaar... seems like a nice story but what I take from your summary is that music is decalred "not haram" in the movie... does this mean it's declared hala or what?

And why does mullah take mic from Sarmad? cuz he's gone back to music or what?

And yeah, I've seen trailers, I do feel that Iman's looking gorgeous in the movie.
maham_93 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
watched it yesterday in cinema...luved the movie!!! the story line is great...larka, larki, story, but no luv story...
and the songs were simply awesum! bohat ache gaane hain movie ke!
*Fiza* thumbnail
Everyone please watch it in cinema!!! 😃