Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 16 years ago

Originally posted by: samir_soni

Well some products that we use can get in our body like your lip balm or vaseline can get in your mouth, your soaps/lotions contain moisturizer which goes in your skin.
It may be a little extreme but just my thought.

You're right, my family pretends to be quite religious but just in not eating haram and that's it. Everything else is fine to them.

But glad you pointed it out.. I'll go read it.
samir_soni thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
From COke:

* Cochineal is An insect found in the southern parts of America. The dried bodies of the female of the species are used to make red dye.

Except the products that contain cochineal (which is listed on the label) and the products that contain milk (which is also indicated on the label), brands of The Coca-Cola Company in the United States do not contain any ingredient derived from animals.

However, some of our juice products contain Vitamin D3, which is derived from lanolin. Lanolin is a natural oil in the fiber of sheep's wool.It is separated from the wool after the sheep's hair is cut(sheared). Lanolin oil is obtainable without harming the sheep, but may be an issue for strict vegetarians.

Additionally, some of our suppliers use a common industry practice for grape juice clarification that does involve animal by-products. This practice is becoming increasingly less common as ultra-filtration systems are gradually replacing the gelatin used in this process.
However, you may be interested to know that because our juices are certified kosher, the gelatin used to clarify the juice is made from fish.

In the U.S., the only Coca-Cola product that is currently produced with cochineal is Minute Maid Juices To Go Ruby Red Grapefruit Drink.

The only currently manufactured Coca-Cola brand products that contain milk are Minute Maid Fruit and Cream Swirl frozen bars, Barq's Frozen Root Beer & Vanilla Ice Cream Float, and Bacardi Mixers premium ice
cream.

----

Hope this helps.
Edited by samir_soni - 16 years ago
loverocks! thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thankx alot ! this helps alot , know we can drink without worrying ! Thankxxxxx ! 😊

Originally posted by: samir_soni

From COke:

* Cochineal is An insect found in the southern parts of America. The dried bodies of the female of the species are used to make red dye.

Except the products that contain cochineal (which is listed on the label) and the products that contain milk (which is also indicated on the label), brands of The Coca-Cola Company in the United States do not contain any ingredient derived from animals.

However, some of our juice products contain Vitamin D3, which is derived from lanolin. Lanolin is a natural oil in the fiber of sheep's wool.It is separated from the wool after the sheep's hair is cut(sheared). Lanolin oil is obtainable without harming the sheep, but may be an issue for strict vegetarians.

Additionally, some of our suppliers use a common industry practice for grape juice clarification that does involve animal by-products. This practice is becoming increasingly less common as ultra-filtration systems are gradually replacing the gelatin used in this process.
However, you may be interested to know that because our juices are certified kosher, the gelatin used to clarify the juice is made from fish.

In the U.S., the only Coca-Cola product that is currently produced with cochineal is Minute Maid Juices To Go Ruby Red Grapefruit Drink.

The only currently manufactured Coca-Cola brand products that contain milk are Minute Maid Fruit and Cream Swirl frozen bars, Barq's Frozen Root Beer & Vanilla Ice Cream Float, and Bacardi Mixers premium ice
cream.

----

Hope this helps.

shezeenk thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i think it all depends upon ppl n their country ...
i live in pakistan so i dunt think anything here is haram .... but i avoid marshmallows that contain gelatin ....
AND when i goto states or somewhere out of country i avoid meat or chicken coz in some resturants they r not rite....
samir_soni thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Kraft says:

Most of the cheeses we manufacture contain a microbiologically produced coagulating enzyme called chymosin. The process of converting milk into cheese is dependent on the use of this enzyme.

Our Sharp, Extra Sharp Cheddar and Romano cheeses may contain animal derived enzymes which assist in their flavor and texture development.

Other products utilize a microbial rennet which is derived from the growth of pure cultures of bacteria or mold. KRAFT Natural Swiss Cheese and KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese are example of products that contain this type of enzyme.

Soft cheeses utilize another method of coagulating milk by the growth of pure cultures of bacteria in the milk and the development of lactic acid. Our cream cheese products such as PHILADELPHIA BRAND Cream Cheese and Light PHILADELPHIA BRAND Neufchatel Cheese fall into this category.
mesmerized thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
1st: gr8 topic - itz realli important as a muslim to know what we are eating is halaal or haram:

I live in UK (am a muslim) i can't say that am a gr8 muslim as am not but when it comes to eating and staying out of harams way i try my very best inshallah

the following things that i know are haram :

Majority of E numbers esp E120 - Haram aviod foods with this ingredient in it

Flavourings tend to be haram so be careful what you eat

Vanilla essence is made using alcohol

Food - Haram:
* Starbust - Gelatine
* Roses Luxury - alcohol
* Muller yoghurt - haram
*walkers: Cheese cheddar flavour - animal rennet
* i can't believe its not Butter - pork lard

I can go on forever 😆 but it is up to the individuals to try to find out about what is haram or not as itz their decision... alot of people i know aviod to find out if a certain thing is haram or not as they enjoy eating it too much & to me that is very bad but hey at the end of the day it will effect them and not me as i have done my part in telling that what is right/wrong... i pray allah guards all of us inshallah and gives us more knowledge of islam alhamdulliah

Love you all xxx

Plus thnxs 4 the info
peda123 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
there is the great site for haram and halal product in usa.i always check from there for every food and non food products.there is information about us chain resturants.
www.muslimconsumergroup.com/
Edited by peda123 - 16 years ago
mystery-girl thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: frogak

this is specially for girls hehe

out that the following chocolates are
HARAM:
* Celebrations Chocolates - all of them
* Maltesers (Mini versions)
* Mars (Mini and Fun Size versions)
* M&M Peanuts
* Snickers Fun Size & Mini
* Bounty - All sizes
* Lion Bar - All sizes

i just want to ask wuts in these chocolates tht makes them haram...cuz as far i know these r halal..plzz answer if u can as i really want to know wut i eat...thnx for ur help...

ok sumthings i know r not halal r

Chess

Macdonld fries

cannot think of anything rite now but i will edit if i find out any thing eles

but thnx for ur help