DOTW- week of Oct.8th-11th

trina_saras thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 16 years ago

It's that time again folks, time for...

*Discussion of the Week*

questions for this week are as follows:

The Armaan-Rids relationship is finally heating up.  Rids has stopped Armaan from "leaving Sanjeevani" and now that Minnie is recovering, he has stopped being mad at her.  

Would Armaan and Riddhima have gotten this far, without Minnie's help?  Why or why not? Or would it have taken them longer?  

With Minnie's storyline, was it realistic that there would be some treatment abroad for her condition?  Or was it merely just good dramatic value?  Would people have preferred more realism with her story or not cared as long as it's entertaining?

Now that Rids has agreed to go out with Armaan, what will happen next?  Will the date be successful?  Or will Anjali or someone else sabotage it? 

With Shashank and Nurse Padma, will she ultimately survive the surgery, or will there be complications?  Is it really malignant or is Shashank saying that to force her to admit the truth to her daughter?  Is Shashank capable of doing such an act, for what he considers the right reasons? 

Lastly, emotions are a big part of being human.  Especially we have seen the bond between Rids and her first patient who passed away, or the one who became hearing impaired after treatment.  We also saw how Armaan became so affected by Minnie's situation he couldn't give her the injection.  Do emotions get in the way of being a good doctor or do they help him/her become one?

What makes each of the five interns good or bad doctors?   What would your prescription be for them to improve? 

Edited by trina1 - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JennyPenny thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Great discussion Trina πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ will post my answers in a bit πŸ˜ƒ
JennyPenny thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
1. Ridz and Armaan's relationship would have been a major problem without Ridz's help. There is no way that Armaan and Ridz would have gotten so far. Armaan didn't realize he was in love with Ridz until Miniee pointed out and Ridz didn't realize until She and Armaan were so close.. I am sure they would gotten togather either way but it would have taken longer and they would have to face many obstacles such as Angie in this case I miss Miniee, she is truly the Angel of AR. πŸ˜ƒ

2. I think it is quite realistic. There are many people with Lekumia that are leading normal lives. I think sending Miniee to treatment was because Swini is doing double shows, she is needed in both of them and she is sucha little tyke, she needs to play and study as well Right now She is a prominent in BBB but She will be back to clear the misunderstandings of AR πŸ˜ƒ

3. I think the date will be quite sucessful. I don't thiknk either of them is carrying any pager around in order for Keertti or anyone else to interfere. and I don't Ridz told Angie that she is going to baskebtall court for a date with Armaan, so I am really looking forward to the episode πŸ˜ƒ

4. Padma & Shashak stuff is getting all old and boring. I personally skipped that, so I have no clue what really happened πŸ˜• But can they pospotne this until Ridz confesses πŸ˜ƒ

5. Yes, these emotions do get in the way of the doctors but I think the emotions are USP of the show. No one likes to see Angie being the ice-queen but these emotions touch the audience esp when they are connected to them in the case of Miniee, the entire forum prayed for her, it was tv soap afterall but we were so attached that tears just come out. 😳

6. Ridz - Just be as sweet as you are, but leave some of your sweetness for Armaan as well πŸ˜‰
Armaan - Losing Miniee made you realize that you are a doctor afterall. We haven't seen you in OT or anything else, Be a doctor first. You have already excelled yourself as a Loverboy.
Angie -STAY away from Armaan under all costs, find someone else to kick around except Ridz.. Please try to be a good human before becoming a good dcotor.
Atul - We miss your comedyliners. But concentrate on becoming a doctor. Seems like you are going to have prescribe a run away medicine to Lovelyy πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
Sapna - Havem't seen you dream much about Shubh. Good work, Saps, we want to see the doctor in you, Come on Saps, be a good doctor. Get the intern of the month award. If Ridz gets it, She's gonna share it with Armaan and vice versa.. 😳
maha_prakrti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Would Armaan and Riddhima have gotten this far, without Minnie's help? Why or why not? Or would it have taken them longer?   

Mmmm..... Maybe not.... A was having tough time explaining his feelings to R... He could have done it without Mini, but would have taken a lot of time though 😳

With Minnie's storyline, was it realistic that there would be some treatment abroad for her condition? Or was it merely just good dramatic value? Would people have preferred more realism with her story or not cared as long as it's entertaining?

There must be realism.... Entertaining.. How far could it go with a little kid suffereing from a disease πŸ˜• Mini's storylin was to add a cute part to Sanjeevani and also to put out the fact that all diseases may not be curable at the moment nad docs are not Gods who decided whom to save and whom not to, as they can never do that... And yes the bitter fact is that hospitals here do lack in some sophisticated type of treatments... Even they are available it is costly...But we sure are working on it 😊

Now that Rids has agreed to go out with Armaan, what will happen next? Will the date be successful? Or will Anjali or someone else sabotage it?

Date will be successfull adn Ridz will be absolutely bonkers over A.. Only for Anji to come spoil the romance by casually(intended though) remarking about the bet 😑

And in today's epi Zoya's words suggested that at some time in very near future... Padma's secret will be out πŸ˜•

With Shashank and Nurse Padma, will she ultimately survive the surgery, or will there be complications? Is it really malignant or is Shashank saying that to force her to admit the truth to her daughter? Is Shashank capable of doing such an act, for what he considers the right reasons?

No Sha is truthful... He wouldn't want his daughters to leave him or think him not as his dad... And Padma may not survive the disease... So finally when she is about to die, Sha in a haste will tell the daughter about Padma

Lastly, emotions are a big part of being human. Especially we have seen the bond between Rids and her first patient who passed away, or the one who became hearing impaired after treatment. We also saw how Armaan became so affected by Minnie's situation he couldn't give her the injection. Do emotions get in the way of being a good doctor or do they help him/her become one?

No.. After all docs are also human... A patient needs treatment yes.. But as Sha sais sometimes more than treatment care and affection can heal you more better... But of course docs should always have the consciousnes that they are not God where every patient can be saved.. Complications come in way... They just have to be more soft towards the patients as a human and stern in their duty as a doc 😊

What makes each of the five interns good or bad doctors?   What would your prescription be for them to improve?

Armi--- He is a flirty boy... But a very good perceptionist in seeing things how differently they can be handled.... Handle different patients differently, like he helped Ridz 😊 He is a good doc....

Ridz-- Of course a good doc... Sha's influence of course... but she should learn to control her emotions in the OT... Difficult for a new doc, yes... But if she continues to be emotional with each case as such, she may be pshycologically affected πŸ˜•

Anji-- way to harsh... Just to gain name and fame... She need not be soft to the patients, but must atleast learn to say difficult things in a little softer tone... But I like her way of seeing as a doc... Being stern, but that never helps always

Sapna--- She is a dream yaar πŸ˜† Must get a grip surely and concentrate on her patients.... She makes a good doc, but must be more ambitious in her internship 😊

Atul-- Kya kehnaa πŸ˜† Jitnaa dyaan plants par deta hai kuch to apne patients par bhi de yaar πŸ˜† He is also emotional, must learn to get a grip of reality and concentrate on his duty more 😊

MrsKaranGrover thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
gr8 discussion πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ ...i reserve my space...answers will be coming soon... 😳
komalsirwani thumbnail

*Discussion of the Week*

The Armaan-Rids relationship is finally heating up.  Rids has stopped Armaan from "leaving Sanjeevani" and now that Minnie is recovering, he has stopped being mad at her.  

yeaaa n all this makes me soo excited coz now their romance

Would Armaan and Riddhima have gotten this far, without Minnie's help?  Why or why not? Or would it have taken them longer? 

hehehe naah minne was a cupid in their case warna armaan sabse bet lagata phirtaπŸ˜†  and would lose all his money

With Minnie's storyline, was it realistic that there would be some treatment abroad for her condition?  Or was it merely just good dramatic value?  Would people have preferred more realism with her story or not cared as long as it's entertaining?

well i think it was realistic coz otherwise dramatism hota toh they shld have sent her off by showin ger dead or probably into coma or stuff...the fact that shes treatment shows sanjieevani's dedication towards its patients...πŸ‘

Now that Rids has agreed to go out with Armaan, what will happen next?  Will the date be successful?  Or will Anjali or someone else sabotage it? 

hehehe it was a success...coz ridzz won the match πŸ˜†

With Shashank and Nurse Padma, will she ultimately survive the surgery, or will there be complications?  Is it really malignant or is Shashank saying that to force her to admit the truth to her daughter?  Is Shashank capable of doing such an act, for what he considers the right reasons? 

nooo...it is really malignant coz itz shown long bak dat it is malignant n coz itz lke dat he wants her to say the truthπŸ˜‰n i dont think padma wil survive

Lastly, emotions are a big part of being human.  Especially we have seen the bond between Rids and her first patient who passed away, or the one who became hearing impaired after treatment.  We also saw how Armaan became so affected by Minnie's situation he couldn't give her the injection.  Do emotions get in the way of being a good doctor or do they help him/her become one?

well....they are both good and bad....in case of A and R they got too attached to their patients which a doctor shld neva do..but then itz not their fault they are such adorable peeps ke ko bhi unke karreeb aajaye aur kisi se bhi aatach ho jayeinπŸ˜‰

What makes each of the five interns good or bad doctors?   What would your prescription be for them to improve? 

well.....

atul:his father's name makes him soo good n then also his humour his affection towards patients n the way he spreads cheer

anjie:heheh her true doz statisctics n her sense of not gettin involved with the patient makes her a good n responsible doc

ridzz:opp characteristic to anjiee...talkin to the patient abt his/her family makin them believe in the doc...n her innocence make her a perfect docπŸ˜‰

armaan:his dude types attitude n his funny dialogues make him the patient a lovely jodi hehehe

sapna:she needs a lil presciption but not on hw to be a doc but hw to woo dr shubankarπŸ˜†

sareeta thumbnail
Nice questions... will be posting my answers in a bit... abhi bait ke saare lambe jawaab type toh karne padenge na?!   πŸ˜Š
Bubbly_Shelly thumbnail

Originally posted by: trina1

*Discussion of the Week*

Perhaps yes and perhaps no. I think it might've taken them longer. Considering the fact that it was Minnie who taught him the rules of wooing a girl, how to talk to her, you the the rules..πŸ˜† And she was always pushing them forward, well Armaan to go and talk to Ridz. Soo, from my perspective she did play cupid well in bringing them closer to eachother.😳

I guess they could've treated her in India but there must've been something thought of as to why they sent her away abroad. Maybe a possibility might've been that they wanted some AR scenes alone, though I can't be sure. Well about Minnie, she did give us a lot of entertainment and we actually got very sad to know that she was in critical condition back then so I guess people are fine with the fact that she had entertained them but it would've been no harm even if they had showed some realism with her story.

Well, we've already seen the outcome. I guess i really should've answered these earlier. Anjali's sabotaged it by talking about the bet there.. so no comments needed for this questions. 

I think Padma may be in some kind of critical condition where Shashank may consider it right for her daughter to go meet her and find out the truth before something like death may happen to Padma despite of Padma refusing Shashank to do so. 

Emotions can play a both positive and negative role on a doctor. Emotionless doctors are not some who we'd actually want to talk to or share our feelings with as we'd think that they wouldn't really care how we feel or what's been happening to us but with Armaan's case, he was really attached to Minnie which is why he was in that situation where he could not give Minnie the injection. Having emotions is a good thing but having control over this is even better.😳

Armaan: A total loverboy, is able to understand patients well. Hmmm, I'd like to seee him working in the OT.😳 Showing that true doc side of him.

Ridz: She's a great doctor. Very friendly and cheerful. Optimistic... of course when it comes to emotions she's one of the people I'd prescribe for them to not get tooo carried away in your emotions.

Angie: She's a good doc when it comes to taking things without any emotions or seriousness. Total opposite of Ridz. Try adding a bit emotions to yourself.. little more friendliness won't do no harm.

Saps: She's friendly with her patients but I want to see more of her being a good doc and taking things more seriously as an intern not just dreaming about Dr. Shubs all the time..πŸ˜†

Atul: Plays the comical role of the show.πŸ˜† Would like him to be a bit more serious as an intern to his patients by proving he's a good doc. Try focussing more on patients than songs.πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by Bubbly_Shelly - 16 years ago