biatchali thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Hey Guys

The other day i was watching the nadia khan show with sami Yusuf..and she said that he sand Hasbi Rabbi in Urdu not Hindi..which i can understand but then she went on to say Hindi is totally diferent from urdu and Indian films and dramas its urdu the language spoken as hindi is a very diificult language..is this really the case?? i know many here are fans of Nadia Khan but i myself can nt stand her..and the whole interview with sami was dissapoiniting as she had not researched her guest in the slightlest..it really dissapointed me...mind u i did find it amusing/upseting that when sami said he would be from now onwards saying his lyrics where urdu and not hindi but then he went of to Riz Khan (Al Jazeera) show and said the lyrics and language spoken was hindi!!!

can sum1 please tell me the difference btween hindi and urdu languages?

Thanks Will B Appreciated๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Personally, I think they're quite similar, yet they have a few distinctions for some words...๐Ÿ˜›
-farah- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Actually they r v differnt, in hindu, for sum wrds there r no wrds so they use urdu, in hindu language = bashaa n in urdus = zaaban ect so yeah there r a lot of difference but there sum minor 1s n sum major 1s
noorejahaan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: farah_rehman

Actually they r v differnt, in hindu, for sum wrds there r no wrds so they use urdu, in hindu language = bashaa n in urdus = zaaban ect so yeah there r a lot of difference but there sum minor 1s n sum major 1s

Yea, exactly! I think Nadia was confusing Hindi with Sanskrit ๐Ÿ˜ณ Because aam Hindi and aam Urdu are very similar, only a few phrases and specific words are different. But then again, 'pure' Urdu and 'pure' Hindi, the kind spoken very formally are quite different ๐Ÿ˜ณ, as 'pure' Urdu uses more Persian-based words and 'pure' Hindi uses more Sanskrit-based words..however, even the 'pure' versions of the two languages share a LOT of words, so speakers of both langauges can almost always understand the other ๐Ÿ˜‰
Edited by Noor_64 - 16 years ago
feeni thumbnail
i think nobody noticed the words that were written on the black board in Hasbi Rabbi video, it was urdu..n dats y she kept sayin lyrics are in urdu...i blv as a pakistani it was her job to clarify it๐Ÿ˜Š
noorejahaan thumbnail

Originally posted by: feeni

i think nobody noticed the words that were written on the black board in Hasbi Rabbi video, it was urdu..n dats y she kept sayin lyrics are in urdu...i blv as a pakistani it was her job to clarify it๐Ÿ˜Š

oo, i see..i haven't seen the vid, so i was just making general comments ๐Ÿ˜ณ i think maybe she should have explained it better to him that the actual written script was urdu, cuz obviously he didn't understand that if he again said it was hindi later on๐Ÿ˜†
amy22 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I think it's URDU that Sami used in his nasheed. Hindi IOs different... cuz fi you gyus watch KBC, you'll realize that they use HINDI, not Urdu... but in everyday language Urdu is mostly used in India as well... they only use a few Hindi words.

But I agree that it's sad that Nadia didn't research on her guest much. ALthough I like her a LOT I think sometimes she just needs to calm down.

And I guess Sami just forgot on Al Jazeera that he wanted to say Urdu instead of Hindi... this can happen. I think it's nothing serious. Or maybe it's just cuz he thought people know more about Hindi than Urdu cuz of Bollywood and Indian culture and stuff.
isha1022 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: amy22

I think it's URDU that Sami used in his nasheed. Hindi IOs different... cuz fi you gyus watch KBC, you'll realize that they use HINDI, not Urdu... but in everyday language Urdu is mostly used in India as well... they only use a few Hindi words.

But I agree that it's sad that Nadia didn't research on her guest much. ALthough I like her a LOT I think sometimes she just needs to calm down.

And I guess Sami just forgot on Al Jazeera that he wanted to say Urdu instead of Hindi... this can happen. I think it's nothing serious. Or maybe it's just cuz he thought people know more about Hindi than Urdu cuz of Bollywood and Indian culture and stuff.

I agree with u... Hindi is much harder than urdu...on TV wether it's indian or pakistani channels they mostly speak urdu... even in movies they speak urdu... I totally agree with Nadia Khan... sometime in the hindi news they speak pure hindi and it's weired...

noorejahaan thumbnail

Originally posted by: amy22

Yeah, that's probably why! It's true that Hindi is known by so many ppl while Urdu isn't really..even though what they think is Hindi (firangis, I mean) is really Urdu ๐Ÿ˜† Whenever I tell someone I speak Urdu they're like..'what's that?' and then i explain that its similar to Hindi and then they say 'oo, okay!' ๐Ÿ˜†
sweet princess thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: biatchali

Hey Guys

The other day i was watching the nadia khan show with sami Yusuf..and she said that he sand Hasbi Rabbi in Urdu not Hindi..which i can understand but then she went on to say Hindi is totally diferent from urdu and Indian films and dramas its urdu the language spoken as hindi is a very diificult language..is this really the case?? i know many here are fans of Nadia Khan but i myself can nt stand her..and the whole interview with sami was dissapoiniting as she had not researched her guest in the slightlest..it really dissapointed me...mind u i did find it amusing/upseting that when sami said he would be from now onwards saying his lyrics where urdu and not hindi but then he went of to Riz Khan (Al Jazeera) show and said the lyrics and language spoken was hindi!!!

can sum1 please tell me the difference btween hindi and urdu languages?

Thanks Will B Appreciated๐Ÿ˜ƒ

ok

Word Count: 1