Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

v.flora thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Tellyland dudes rock
Indian television was dominated by saas-bahu sagas and melodrama.

But Star Plus is bringing about some interesting changes. In the year gone by, Star Plus has changed the wave of television viewing with its stories of love and optimism, along with some dashing young talent. Not just the content, the stars are also changing!

Gone are the days when men with salt 'n' pepper hair ruled the roost; it's now the new generation. From Karan Mehra (Naitik), Prem Harshad Chopra (Prem), Kapil Nirmal (Yudi) to Angad Hasija (Alekh), Saurabh Pandey (Shaurya) and Kinshuk Mahajan (Ranveer), the boys have become household names today.
The recent 7th Star Parivaar Awards 2009 was a great opportunity for all these actors and a host of others. While Angad, Kinshuk and Harshad had walked the
Red Carpet last year, for Karan and Saurabh it was the first time.

The boys were all dressed to kill and looked their best. The award naturally meant a lot to all of them. Just before the event could start, DT caught up with Karan Mehra, who had his family by his side on the big night. "I am thrilled to be a part of Star Plus and am looking forward to these awards," he said excitedly, adding, "This night is quite special to me as my entire family is here and I have been nominated in two categories. Recently, I had an opportunity to meet my fans in Lucknow where I picked the winner of Star Plus Ka Fan No 1 and I was humbled by the affection they showed for me and Akshara (Hina Khan). I recognise the reach of the platform and consider myself lucky to be playing Naitik's role. I hope I am rewarded for it. Getting the viewers support is every actor's dream. I have my fingers crossed."

Harshad had this to say: "It's a night to remember as we get the fruits of our hard work and this is my second Star Parivaar
Awards ceremony and all I am doing right now is eyeing the trophy. I was awestruck last time... this time I feel like a senior among the new list of actors."

Angad looked very confident as he quipped, "This time I am more confident as compared to last year. It feels like I've come for a family get-together. Also, I'm anchoring an event for the first time and I'm more nervous about that."

His onscreen brother, Kinshuk, said excitedly, "I am raring to go and besides being nominated, I am also anchoring the show with my Bidaai co-stars and that is special." Yudishtir looked quite relaxed. "It is a great feeling to get nominated and it motivates us to perform better every year," he said.

The entire young brigade was vying for the crystal trophy. Which one of them won the hearts of the jury? Who was the viewer's favourite choice? Catch all this and more at the star studded 7th Star Parivaar Red Carpet at 7.30 pm and Star Parivaar Awards 2009 at 8 pm on June 13th 2009 exclusively on Star Plus.-

Tellyland dudes rock : article

Edited by --Pinky-- - 15 years ago
--Pinky-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Angad: SPA has made me confident
Angad Hasija (Alekh of Bidaai) has bagged two awards for his performance in Bidaai at Star Parivaar Awards 2009. The actor who plays a mentally unbalanced character in Bidaai has maintained his performance and has snatched two awards out of three he was nominated for. His nominations were for Favourite Pati, Beta and Jodi. He failed to win the favorite Jodi award. The actor shares his experience at SPA 2009.
When we asked the actor about the awards night and winning two awards, he said , "Trust me, I never have had enough of SPA as I was there last year as well but then I was new to the industry and so was equally nervous. But in one year things have changed at a large scale and I have become more confident."

"Winning Favorite Pati and Beta award has given happiness and paid off for my hard work in Bidaai and I think if you give your best, you bound to get the best of best. It was good to win two. It was so thrilling a moment for me as everyone wished me and I got lot of compliments. SPA has been special to me and I really owe a lot to it, " says the actor.
Randhir Roy/Hill Road Media Mon, Jun 15 2009

Angad: SPA has made me confident

--Pinky-- thumbnail
Parul Chauhan gets favorite Bahu award at SPA
Parul Chauhan gets the Favorite Bahu award at SPA this year. The actress shot to fame for her role as Ragini in Bidaai and that has made her a household name. We caught up with the actress to ask about her winning moment which she defines in her words.
When we asked her about winning the favorite Bahu Award, she says, "I was excited as since it was SPA and because, it has become a very important part of my life. I won the favorite Bahu award which gave me reason to celebrate the night. And I must mention it that when we work round the clock and give the best and in the end if we get award it feels great."

On her being associated with Star and Biddai, she says, "Since I started working with Star and by now I have become the member of it. They treat the entire actors like family membes and I personally feel at home even on sets and that defines the coordination we have developed all the while. I do a lot of masti on the sets but when it comes to work I get serious which comes handy for them," she adds,

"Bidaai is really special for me as I have earned fame through it. I can't deny the fact that whatever I am today is all because of Ragini the character I play in Bidaai. And I strongly believe that in future too the show will go on the way its going now, and will keep entertaining viewers."
Randhir Roy/Hill Road Media Mon, Jun 15 2009

Parul Chauhan gets favorite Bahu award at SPA

--Pinky-- thumbnail
Angad Hasija reveals married status
June 13th, 2009
By Our Correspondent

Angad Hasija, the lead actor of Rajan Shahi's Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai, has been married for two years to Parnit a.k.a. Pari, a physiotherapist.

The two have been continuing a long-distance marriage, during which Pari has been visiting Angad intermittently. It may be a strange state of affairs, but Angad had his own reasons for hiding his marriage from the world. He'd initially decided to reveal the news at his birthday party on May 31, but the party was cancelled.

"My mom chose Parnit for me, but we were given two to three years to get to know each other and decide if we were compatible enough to get married. My roka ceremony was performed when I was 20. The wedding was a huge event, with all the Punjabi rituals and customs being observed," says Angad.

So if he was so happy with the marriage, why did he keep it under wraps for two years? "I wasn't sure how people would react to the fact that I was married. I felt a little embarrassed. Besides, I was struggling to make a name in the industry. I wanted Pari to have be respected and have security for being my wife," he explains.

Link:
--Pinky-- thumbnail
Parul dangles at SPA
Parul Chauhan, one of the leading ladies of Bidaai performed and thrilled everyone at the recently held SPA event. The bubbly Ragini (she plays in Bidaai) speaks to us about her performance and overwhelming compliments she got soon after her performance was over.
When we ask her about the performance and compliment she got, she says, "It was a great experience performing at Star Parivaar Awards. During my performance I could hear a lot of shouting for me though I could not get it clear who was the person shouting for me saying go Parul you are the best. and lots of other chants which gave me satisfaction, joy and confidence."

" I would say my performance Baware Baware from Luck By Chance had la ot to do with Jhalak Dikhlaja as I was part of the show where I got the confidence in dancing and also learnt a lot of new steps. which helped me a lot while performing at SPA. And I remember when my performance got over one of my friend Deepak was all praises for me saying 'Aaj to ekdum stage hila diya tuney' and also from my Bidaai team and star as well. It was great and I am really happy that every one liked my performance and that's what matters the most for a performer and so am I."

About her dancing partner Kinshuk Mahajan she says, "He is so cute, whatever he does be in on screen or off-screen his innocent face makes everyone go flat. We not only share an on screen chemistry but in real life too we are good friends. And so it was nice to have him as my partner at SPA."

"Though, rehearsing was bit easy for me than Kinshuk. But apart from usual routine for rehearsing I use to teach him the steps and about coordination. And finally we surprised and entertained everyone with our performance."
Randhir Roy/Hill Road Media Sat, Jun 13 2009

Parul dangles at SPA!!!

--Pinky-- thumbnail
Kinshuk Mahajan performs at SPA
Kinshuk who has won millions of hearts playing a character called Ranvir in Bidaai has performed at the recently held Star Parivaar Award on 7th June this year. The actor shares his experience on his performance and also tells us about the compliment he got after his performance was over.
About the performance he says, "Star Parivaar Award is really special for me and getting a chance to perform at such an event is an honour for me. And so I took the task in my stride and wanted to do something different. Hence, I slected Baware Baware track from Luck By Chance knowing it would be tough as one of the best dancer Hrithik Roshan has done it. I took it and worked really hard which was seen soon after the performance got over. Everyone liked it and I was flooded with the best wishes."

When we asked about his dance partner being Parul, he says, "It was good to have her as a partner. She is a true performer be it Bidaai or be it dancing. She is full of talent and I hope we all members of Bidaai will continue rocking viewers in the future too."

On his journey so far and being associated with Star, he says, "I have been learning since the very first day I started my career in industry and still there is a long way to go," he adds.

"I am thankful to the Star family, they are wonderful. They spot talents and make them reach the maximum. And finally SPA is a platform where one gets the reward for his/her work."
Randhir Roy/Hill Road Media Sat, Jun 13 2009

Kinshuk Mahajan Performs at SPA!!! (Article)

--Pinky-- thumbnail

This is one big happy parivaar!

Times may change, and ditto forIndian television. Old will give way to newer and better content. But Star Plus is determined that it will

maintain its high emotional quotient and characters' connection with audiences.

To do this, it's essential that the artistes share a good rapport with each other, because real often spills over into reel! And this was evident at the 7th Star Parivaar Awards 2009, where DT found the teams of Bidaai and Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai behaving like one big happy parivaar off screen as well.

Kinshuk Mahajan (Ranveer of Bidaai) explains, "I never miss my family in Delhi because I receive the same affection from my co-stars. The bonding which we share cannot be described." Angad Hasija, who played the role of the mentally challenged Alekh, credits the entire team for his performance. "Their encouragement is stupendous. We share the make-up room, have lunch and dinner together, there's so much laughter and joy," he says. Parul Chauhan (Ragini) agrees that an emotional bonding on and off screen was imperative. "The entire unit pampers me and has stood by me during tough times," she says. While Sara Khan (Sadhana) adds, "I am very close to my onscreen sister Ragini in real life too and adore her a lot."

The Yeh Rishta ... team shared the sentiment. Lata Saberwal, Akshara's onscreen mother, says, "The connect I feel with Akshara off screen helps me portray the same connect on screen!" Sanjeev Seth, who plays the father, talks of the homely atmosphere on the sets – "There are a lot of little incidents that happen that further enhance the trust and bond we share." Young Karan Mehra (Naitik) chips in, "It's amazing to live like a huge and happy family!" His onscreen fiance Hina Khan giggles, "I was the only one who knew about the real love story between Sanjeev and Lata. I played Cupid and made them admit that they were in love!"

Be part of this parivaar, share their bonding, celebrate the glitz, glamour and masti of the Red Carpet at the Star Parivaar Awards 2009, on Star Plus, June 13, at 7.30 pm, then witness the tense moments, interspersed by grand performances, as the awards unfold at 8 pm.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/This-is-one-big-happy-parivaar/articleshow/4648327.cms

This is one big happy parivaar!

--Pinky-- thumbnail
Who's the favourite TV jodi?
Telly people vote for their manpasand jodis
Rameshwari and Shabaaz Khan
Amidst all the excitement, apprehension and speculation in the air as to who will walk away with the coveted trophy in various categories at the 7th Star Parivaar Awards 2009, BT caught up with some of the television icons to get their verdict on the most popular categories for Best Pati, Best Patni, Naya Sadaysa (Male and Female) and the Best Judge of a reality show.

Ashita Dhawan, who enacts the role of Malti Bhabhi in Bidaai gives her vote for Angad and Sadhana as her favourite pati and patni. Shlok (Puneet Tejwani), her on-screen brother gets her thumbs up as a strong contender for Naya Sadasya male and Akshara (Hina Khan) for Naya Sadasya female. As for the judge of a reality show, her vote goes out to the dashing and handsome Shekhar of Voice of India.

Amrit (Anuj Sachdev) and Bebo (Shivshakti) of Sabki Laadli Bebo jointly agree that Alekh (Angad Hasija) and Sadhana (Sara Khan) deserve to be the favourite pati and patni and nominate themselves to win the Naya Sadasya (male and female) award. Voting for themselves as the perfect on-screen pati and patni are the young and dashing Prem (Harshad Chopda) and Heer (Aditi Gupta) of Kis Desh Mein Hai Mera Dil. Prem strongly feels that he is the adarsh pati while both of them feel that Saurabh Pandey and Sriti Jha of Shaurya Aur Suhani should win the award for Naya Sadasya (male and female) respectively.

\Rajbala (Nigaar Khan) of Mitwaa ' Phool Kamal Ke and her on-screen husband Nirbhay Chaudhary (Manish Wadhwa) pick Prem and Heer as their favourite pati and patni. But the duo had a slightly tough time picking one name for the category of Naya Sadasya (male and female).

BT also caught up with the older generation like Mamchand Chowdhury (Shabaaz Khan) and Kanta (Rameshwari) of Mitwaa ' Phool Kamal Ke, to pick their choice for the winners this year. Both of them feel that Prem and Heer should be paired as the favourite pati and patni while Shlok (Puneet Tejwani) and Bebo (Shivshakti) remain their favourite Naya Sadasya (male and female). Well, there will be favourites but ultimately, there will only be one winner in each category. So catch all the excitement on Star Parivaar Awards 2009, on June 13 2009 at 8 pm on Star Plus.
Link:
--Pinky-- thumbnail
My most cherished award Vandana Shukla/ Hill Road Media

We all have had many accomplishments, but some remain very special and dear to us. Same is the case with our small screen stars, hence Indya takes a look at the cherished awards of some of the actors…

Puneet Tejwani

Character: Shlok

Show and channel: Bidaai, STAR Plus
His most cherished award: "It was when I got an award for my acting in school 10 years back when I was in the 7th standard. I played the main lead in a play called Kadhmir Ki Vaadiyan which was directed by Salomi Roy Kumar."

My most cherished award--article indya.com

--Pinky-- thumbnail
Angad starts talking
Angad Hasija (Alekh of Bidaai) performed at the Star Parivaar Awards and shares his experience with us.
Performance and Host:

On his hosting and performing at the event night, he says, "All well if ends well and it was a tough task given to me by the Star family but by the end of it they were happy with it and congratulated me for my post as a host."

"I performed on Dil Na Diya from Krrish and my performance was appreciated and bagged a lot of compliments from the Star family and from my friends and other people present at the eve. The best complement was from my on screen wife Sara Khan (Sadhana) shouting Ye Mera Pati Hai he is the best. It was a very glorious moment for me to be at SPA and always will be in the future too."
Randhir Roy/Hill Road Media Thu, Jun 11 2009

Article on Angad about Hosting SPA!!!