Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
Drink & Drive Avinash: I'll be careful next time

Avinash Wadhvan, who plays Vasu Rajvansh in Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai, was arrested and jailed for a day after he was caught driving under the influence of alcohol.

Avinash first refused to comment on his arrest but when coaxed he spoke to us about what happened, saying, "This is the price you pay for being a celebrity. I don't think that people perceive me negatively now because of this incident. I've always believed that a person should not drink and drive."

Why then did he drive after having consumed alcohol? "That day, I went for a party. Usually I hire a driver on a daily basis, especially when I have a party to go to. But on that particular day I didn't and I drove myself there. My friends were present at the party but since I had to bring my car back, I decided to drive myself home," he explains.
The incident has led Avinash to come to the resolution that he will never drink and drive again. "I will surely be careful next time around and I won't drink and drive."

However, it's not the fact that he put other travelers and pedestrians at risk by driving under the influence that has Avinash worried, he thinks it's "not a big crime. But because I am a celebrity, they took me in. I had to pay a fine of Rs. 2500 and then they let me go," reasons the actor.

Last year, a few actors associated with Balaji production house were also arrested for drinking and driving after they attended Ekta Kapoor's bash in Andheri.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/May/News_20090528_120

niveditha thumbnail
Angad: I am very scared of hosting

Angad Hasija has made Alekh of Bidaai a household name with his remarkable performance. And besides being nominated for the Star Parivaar Awards, the actor has also been given the honour of hosting the entire ceremony ' a responsibility that he finds quite daunting.

"I am very scared because this will be the first time I'll be hosting," says Angad, "I've never done this. When I look at the teleprompter, I forget everything! At least, there are four of us hosting."
This is not the first time Angad has been approached to host. "I've gotten many offers but I never took them up. I've always felt that it is a very risky job. But now that I've accepted this, I am sure that I'll be able to give my best. Sara, Parul, Kinshuk and I will rock together," he says.

Talking about his nomination, onscreen Alekh says, "Obviously, I am very excited to be on the nominations list of the SPA. Right from the start, I've been very excited about the Star Parivaar Awards. I've always dreamt of it and this is the first time I've been nominated for my favourite awards."

Angad will also be performing at the awards function. He tells us, "I'll be performing to Dil Na Liya with Sara. I am very excited; I love dancing. We've already started rehearsing for the act." He adds, "I've already performed at the ITA, Telly Awards, New Talent Awards and at last year's Star Parivaar Awards. I also participated in Nachle Ve and Saroj Khan loved my dancing. She gave me full marks."

The actor has been nominated in three categories at the Star Parivaar Awards: Favourite Beta, Favourite Pati and Favourite Jodi.

About his chance of winning, Angad says, "Out of the three categories, I have good chances in Pati and Jodi. In Pati because I am a typical sati savitra type of pati and jodi because of Alekh's and Sadhana's true love. But I also feel that in the Favourite Jodi category, Kinshuk and Parul have a very good chance of winning."

Angad recently won two awards. At the ITA Awards, he won the Best Actor Award and at the Telly Awards, he won in the Best Debut Male category.

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=751097&TPN=93

• Vandana Shukla/ Hill Road Media
  • Tuesday, June 02, 2009

• I am very scared of hosting: Angad

Edited by --Pinky-- - 15 years ago
    niveditha thumbnail
    niveditha thumbnail
    Angad Hasija is married!

Angad Hasija's (Alekh of Bidaai) secret is finally out. The actor, who celebrated his 25th birthday on May 31, revealed that he has been married for nearly two years now.

Angad, who promised exciting news on his birthday, says, "Yes, the surprise which I was supposed to give on my birthday was that I am already married. The reason I hid the fact till now was because my wife Pari (Parneet) and I wanted to concentrate on our careers first and then reveal our secret marriage. Secondly, I didn't want my fan following to get affected."

Hasija tells us that his marriage was an arranged one and his wife was chosen by his mother. "My mumma chose Pari for me and we got engaged when I was just 21. Soon after that, there was a Roka (a ritual followed by Sikhs, the time period between the engagement and the marriage) during which we got to know each other better. When we were sure about it, we finally tied the knot on September 15, 2007, in Chandigarh."

Angad tells us about his spouse, saying, "When we got married, Pari was studying as she had to pursue her physiotherapy. Even I was struggling hard to establish myself as an actor. But now that she has completed her studies and I've proved myself as an actor, by God's grace, we decided to reveal our marriage."

Hasija describes the marriage as a big ceremony, saying, "It was a very grand wedding that took place in Punjab. There were about 7000 people invited. As both of us are Sikhs, the wedding took place with all the Sikh and Hindu rituals. My marriage went on for 15 days; we followed every ritual, right from Haldi to Grah Pravesh. Pari's costumes and jewellery were all bought specially from Jaipur. It was such a grand wedding that we had to prepare for it a year in advance."

Talking about his relationship, which is a long distance one, Angad tells us, "Pari has been really understanding and supportive. Since we got married, I've been here in Mumbai shooting for Bidaai and she has been in Chandigarh with my parents. It's only when I get an off that I can spend some time with her. Still, she has been very cooperative throughout."

Now that the mystery is revealed, actor says he will think about expanding his family. "Now that both of us are settled and everyone knows that I am married, we're going to start planning for kids," he signs off. Indya wishes them all the best, and we're not the only ones, fans and readers will surely agree.

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/June/News_20090603_14

Angad Hasija is married! - Article

niveditha thumbnail

Angad talks about his Mrs. Right..

Finally, we get to know the secret that Angad Hasija had been hiding from the world!! Here is the actor as he talks ...

TB - Angad talks about his Mrs. Right

--Pinky-- thumbnail
    Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
    Sara Khan's on cloud nine!
    The adorable 19-year-old television actress Sara Khan, popularly known as Sadhana in Sapna Babul Ka'Bidaai on Star Plus, is on cloud nine after being nominated in the Best Patni category at the Star Parivaar Awards this year.
    "First of all, I would like to thank Star Plus for nominating me. Star will always be very close to my heart. Secondly, I am super excited about the awards night and just can't wait to be there. There are a number of actresses who've been nominated in the Best Patni category but I do not really know who they are. So, I can't really guess who can take away the award," says Sara.

According to this bubbly actress, she has done complete justice with her character in the TV soap. She further adds, "I truly love my character in the serial and I'm glad the audience loves it too. If I deserve to win, I surely will. If not, it's still fine with me. I think it's not the end of the world. I can always try and do much better. I'm sure that, one fine day, my dream of winning an award will come true."
    Vipasha Pillai/ Hill Road Media Sat, May 30 2009
    Link:
    --Pinky-- thumbnail
    Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
    Happy Birthday, Angad!

Angad Hasija, who stars as Alekh in Bidaai (Star Plus), turns 25 tomorrow. But sadly, the star won't get any time to party. He's not able to take the day off as he has to shoot as well as rehearse for the Star Parivaar Awards.

"Unfortunately, for the first time, I will be working on my birthday. I will be shooting for Bidaai and then, as the Star Parivaar Awards are approaching, I'll have to rehearse. As all these things have come together, I don't think I'll be getting leave tomorrow," says Angad.
    Every year on his birthday, Hasija spends the day with his family and friends. He tells us, "I throw a big birthday bash for my friends and, if I get two-three days leave, I go to my hometown of Chandigarh and spend time with my family. However, this year I won't even be able to throw a small party."

Talking about his most memorable celebration, he says, "It was last year's birthday bash which I threw. Lots of telly people and the entire Bidaai team were invited. Even on the sets, my birthday was celebrated in a very big way."

Angad is very religious and is planning to start his day with God's blessings. "As it is, I start everyday with his blessings. I am not too sure whether I'll be able to go to the temple tomorrow but I do want to go to the Mahalaxmi temple. So as soon as I get an off, I'll pukka go there," he says.

The actor might not be celebrating his birthday but he promises to give his fans a big surprise on the occasion. The rumours doing rounds are that he plans to introduce his girlfriend. He somewhat confirms this, saying, "I think many people already got the hint but all I will say now is that it will happen soon."

As for gifts, the birthday boy says he has already received the biggest present. He explains, "My mom came to Mumbai yesterday. That was the best gift I could get!"

• Vandana Shukla/ Hill Road Media
  • Saturday, May 30, 2009
  • niveditha thumbnail
    Shows inspired by films
    Sonali Joshi/Hill Road Media

It's not just foreign TV shows that production houses look to for inspiration for new serials. There are plenty of serials that have been inspired by films as well. We take a look at some of them.
    Showing 1 of 5 images Previous Next

Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai
    The story revolves around the dusky Ragini (Parul Chauhan) who faces problems because of her complexion, especially while getting married. It is currently one of the most popular shows on TV and is inspired by 2006's hit movie Vivaah, starring Shahid Kapur and Amrita Rao.

Vivaah is the story of Prem (Kapur), an upper-class business manager, and Poonam (Amrita Rao), a middleclass college student. It is set in Delhi and Poonam is from the fictional town of Madhupur, just like Ragini from the serial. In the show too, Ragini gets married to the rich Ranbir, played by Kinshuk Mahajan.

https://www.indya.com/gallery/gallery.aspx?aid=321

Shows inspired by films - Article

niveditha thumbnail

Parul Chauhan gets her partner...

Telly Buzz gives you an exclusive on Parul Chauhan's love life. Read to know more...

niveditha thumbnail