Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
Parul: Gauhar is better, but God's with me

It was a choice between rivals Parul Chauhan and Gauhar Khan during Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa's last elimination and Gauhar ended up going home. But that wasn't for long…she fought hard in the wildcard episode and is now back on the platform, turning on the heat for the other contestants, especially nemesis Parul. We talk to Parul, who's 'not taking names' as she tells us about being portrayed badly onscreen due to clever editing of arguments, the elimination round when she was in the face off round with Gauhar and the model's reentry on the show.

Were you shocked to be in the bottom two and dance in the face off?
I was aware that I would be in the face off round so I wasn't shocked. I was just praying that I wouldn't be eliminated. The day I got low marks, I was sure I'd be in the bottom two but I decided that whatever happens, I would do my best. When I had to perform, touch wood, whatever I did, God helped me.

Do you think that Gauhar dances better than you?
Yes, everyone knows that. See, I will not lie about it. I came on the show as a complete non-dancer and I have just become a dancer. I didn't know what dance was before learning the forms and the a b c of it here. I have worked hard, day and night. From day one, Gauhar was a good dancer. On the other hand, I learnt how to dance. It's a big achievement for me to have become a dancer here and I am proud of it.

You mentioned that you have no problem getting votes from the public because of your popularity on Bidaai. Are you still confident?
I've seen the video of my comments again and many people asked me about them. What you see on the show is very different from what happens there. Many times, instances have aired that show me in a negative light. I want to make one thing clear: there is a limit to everything. Someone was continuously saying things against me and I ignored it for a while. I will not name the person but things were said against me. And if I am not saying anything wrong to anyone, there is no reason for someone to say something wrong about me. I said I was doing India's number one show (Bidaai) and I am very lucky that I got Deepak as my choreographer. Everyone hoped Deepak would be their choreographer.

What do you think are your chances of winning on the show?
Here, everyone has a chance of winning. The competition is very tough now so everyone is working hard. Nobody knows who's going to last till the final. Everything depends on luck.

What are your thoughts on Gauhar coming back through the wildcard entry?
It's not a shock to me. No matter which two people remain in the final, they will be tough competition for each other. Suppose I reach there, and the other person is stronger than me, it's naturally going to be tough. I will have to work hard, whether it is Gauhar or Hard Kaur.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/April/News_20090420_90

niveditha thumbnail

Parul scores a 'Makhan' performance...

Parul and Deepak performed on a dance form called Bachata this week in Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa

CeruleanSky thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Email this Article [Hide]
From Email* *
Seperate multiple addresses with commas(,)
To Email* *
Sara Khan has some grievances with the jewelry she is made to wear in Bidaai

TellyBuzz Article

Edited by CeruleanSky - 15 years ago
niveditha thumbnail

Sara Khan in pain...

Sara Khan has some grievances with the jewelry she is made to wear in Bidaai... Read to know more..

--Pinky-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
TV stars cross over to the dark side

Vandana Shukla/ Hill Road Media

Maybe because it's slimming, stylish or just safe but the television brigade, unlike their onscreen personas, love the colour black. Actors are always seen in very bright and colorful traditional clothes on their serials. But when they step out of their reel life images, they tend to balance things out wearing black outfits - all the time!

Parul Chauhan
While Ragini is often seen in beautiful, colourful sarees on Bidaai (Star Plus), she normally wears black when the time comes to pack up for the day. Parul also admits that it's her favourite colour.

Kinshuk Mahajan
Kinshuk, who plays Ranbir on Bidaai (Star Plus), is yet another actor obsessed with black. And he's often wearing the colour, whether he's at formal events or parties. At parties, we usually see him in black tees or black pants and as he is fair, the colour suits him.

TV stars cross over to the dark side

niveditha thumbnail
Angad: I am planning to get married soon

Bidaai (Star Plus) might be set for an exciting twist but what's even more interesting is that in real life, Angad Hasija, who plays Alekh, is telling everyone that he plans to marry soon. There's only one problem: he doesn't have a bride'though he does have a lot of specifications.

HE says, "Like everyone, even I have dreamt of the girl I would like in my life. She should be simple, understanding and sweet. The most important thing is that she should mingle with my family and respect them. I agree that nobody is born perfect but I would still like my girl to possess these qualities. She should treat my parents just like hers; there should be that bond between them."
And culture is everything to the Punjab da puttar, who says, "She should obviously be Punjabi! It's very important to maintain the Punju bonding. And it will make a big difference as then she will adjust very easily."

Angad adds more parameters for his ideal woman, saying, "I don't want an aunty who just stays at home and is a housewife. If she wants to work, I would support her. She should be bold, but the right type of bold."

He also doesn't want someone from the acting field, adding, "She should definitely not be from the same field because then we will both be busy shooting and will have no time to spend with each other."

Surprisingly, Angad does not plan to undertake this tough task of tracking down his ideal girl himself. Instead, he's going to get his parents to do it for him. He says, "I believe that this decision of marriage is a very important one and should include parental consent. Jab humare parents jinhone humara bachpan se khayaal rakha hai aur humare liye sab kuch sacrifice kar sakte hain, tab humein bhi ye decision unse poochke lena chahiye. Our parents should choose a girl for us and then we should get engaged."

He also adds a sensible bit of advice to those like him, who are choosing arranged marriages, saying, "There should be a very long period between the engagement and the marriage so that the couple has time to understand each other."

While on the topic of marriage, we asked the actor to define love. He obliged, saying, "Love is the most important and one of the biggest things in my life. In my life, love holds great importance. It will be difficult for me to define love in one or two sentences as it is a very special thing for me."

Hasija signs off saying, "My parents are after me to get married now so I will very soon."

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/April/News_20090427_120

• Vandana Shukla, Hill Road Media
  • Monday, April 27, 2009

• Angad: I am planning to get married soon

Edited by --Pinky-- - 15 years ago
    niveditha thumbnail
    Sadhna killed on Bidaai?

Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai (Star Plus, Friday at 9pm) will shock viewers in the coming week with lead character Sadhna being shot, leaving audiences wondering whether she'll survive her attack.

A source from the show says, "We have already shot for the sequence where it shows Sadhna supposedly shot dead. In the sequence, she goes out of her house and someone shoots her. The whole family is worried about her."
    Though, predictable, the lead character will not be killed off. "Soon, the audience will come to know that Sadhna is not dead; she is struggling for her life in hospital," says the source.

Interestingly, it will be revealed that the person behind this heinous crime is one of Sadhna's own family members. However, there will be a lot of time spent in confusion before becomes apparent.

This is how it is all going to unfold: "Sadhna will try to find out what happened on the Diwali night when Alekh lost his mind as a child. But Alekh's mother Vasundhara was not happy with Sadhna trying to solve the mystery. So Vasundhara will be first suspected to have tried to kill Sadhna. As for the rest of the track, it is still being worked upon," says the source.

The track started when Shlok started helping Alekh recover from his mental illness. Alekh responded well and they came to know that the root cause of his illness took place on a Diwali night. Since then, Sadhna has been trying to find out what happened that night.

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/April/News_20090427_121

Sadhna killed on Bidaai? - Article

niveditha thumbnail

Sadhana and Alekh's love story to start..

The next track in Bidaai will see an emotional bonding between Sadhana and Alekh which will kick-off their beautiful ...

TB:: Sadhna and Alekh's love story to begin.

--Pinky-- thumbnail
    Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
    "Beat The Summer Heat" On Star Plus!!
    Posted by masalablitz on Saturday, April 25, 2009, 12:00

"Beat the heat" is the new caption of Star Plus as this summer heat brings together all the television heartthrobs in one show.

Due to the high temperature, people these days prefer to stay home instead of moving out and this unique show will rather be an icing on cake for television viewers. They not only get to see their favorite telly stars but also get educated of how to beat the summer heat. Popular TV stars including, Sadhna (Sara Khan) and Shlok (Puneet Tejwani) of Biddai will be giving interesting tips to overcome the summer heat and important advice on healthcare, skincare and diet in the scorching heat.

This fun-filled episode on Sunday will also feature the handsome Kinshuk Mahajan and the singer cum host of Amul Star Voice of India – Mummy ke Superstars, Akriti Kakkar. In this show, the celebrities will be selecting their Mr. & Miss. Star Sansaar from the popular shows on Star Plus.

So, Tune to Star Plus on Sunday to catch the action!!

Copyright - Masalablitz

Link:
    https://www.masalablitz.com/?p=1226