Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
Puneet: I can't relate to my character in Bidaai

Puneet Tejwani is all set to make his television debut through Star Plus's Bidaai. He will enter the show as Malti Bhabhi's brother.

EXCITED as well as scared to make his entry, Puneet says, "I will enter the show as Shlok, Malti's brother. He has come all the way from London after hearing news of his sister's pregnancy. He is a soft spoken and caring person and is a psychiatrist by profession."
Elaborating on his character, Tejwani continues, "Later he will realise that Alekh of the Rajvansh family is mentally challenged and will help him." So, are there chances of a love track between Sadhana and Shlok in the upcoming episodes? To this he replies, "No, not at all'. Actually, I am not aware of it but I don't think it will happen."

As this is his first show, Tejwani is anxious about his entry. He says, "It is the best show and hence the pressure and expectations are more. I am scared as well as excited for my first television venture. I just hope that people like it."

The young lad tells us that there is nothing similar between him and his character. He adds, "Shlok is soft spoken, I am not so sweet in real life. Another thing is that I am not as respectful as Shlok. I can't relate to the character at all."

Talking about why he accepted the offer, he says, "The main thing is that I love acting. Secondly, the most important thing is that Bidaai is one of the best shows on television these days. There was no reason to say no. My character too is consistent."

Tejwani's role will be a cameo as he says, "My track will go on for 3-6 months." It has been three days now since the actor started shooting and he has become very close to his onscreen sister. He tells us, "I am very close to Ashita Dhawan. She is like my elder sister; she tries to ease me whenever I am nervous."

Puneet will enter Bidaai on Monday at 9pm (Star Plus).

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/March/News_20090330_142

Puneet: I can't relate to my character in Bidaai

Edited by --Pinky-- - 15 years ago
niveditha thumbnail
Parul Chauhan is injured!

Looks like trouble might as well be Parul Chauhan's middle name! The actress who plays Ragini in Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai (Star plus Mon-Fri at 9pm) has injured her right ankle.

She says, "I'm struggling because I have to run between two shoots. It's becoming very hectic. To make matters worse, I had a performance with many lifts and during one I injured my leg. Thankfully, it isn't that bad though."
The actress, who can now be seen wearing a pink bandage, adds, "I have consulted my doctor and he told me that my ankle will be fine soon. But I've got to avoid using high heels and opt for flat shoes instead." But being a true fashionista the actress didn't have any flat shoes at home since she loves her heels. She says, "When doctor told me that I have to wear flats, I had to go and buy few pairs for myself." Parul chose a simple black pair since they match everything.

Apart from sporting a pink bandage, the actress was seen at the success party of Bidaai with red eyes and a husky voice. The lack of sleep seems to have taken its toll on the actress but she still managed to make it for rehearsals and parties!

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/March/News_20090330_145

• Sonali Joshi/Hill Road Media
  • Monday, March 30, 2009
  • Parul Chauhan is injured! - An article

--Pinky-- thumbnail
    Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Bidaai and Yeh Rishta share top honors...

For the first time in the history of television, Star Plus' Bidaai and Yeh Rishta share the #1 position. Also, the newly launched shows of Star have been able to entertain viewers with involving content..

Star Plus' Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai and Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, the two very successful shows coming from Rajan Shahi's Directors Kut have created history by sharing the #1 position across all channels with an average TVR of 7.2 each.

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=4310

Bidaai n Yeh Rishta Share Top Honors

--Pinky-- thumbnail

Angad Hasija (Alekh of 'Bidaai')

"Yes I do dread March because it does get hectic. My accounts are being handled by a cousin because I do not find time to do anything else besides acting. I have no idea about my accounts because I'm not at all interested in accounting. My cousin takes care of the cheques being credited or debited from my account.

"My investments too are taken care of my cousin. Though he consults me, I'm so disinterested that he takes the final call. Fortunately, I do not waste money; believe in saving."

cheers
    --Pinky-- thumbnail

Double Bonanza for Directors' Kut and Star Plus..

Double Bonanza for Directors' Kut and Star Plus..

Tonight's episode will mark the completion of 300 episodes in Bidaai, while Yeh Rishta completes 50 episodes..

It's celebration time for Rajan Shahi and Star Plus as two of their top ranked shows Sapna Babul Ka..Bidaai and Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai share a unique coincidence as they reach an important milestone tonight, on March 20th. Tonight's episode will be the 300th episode for Bidaai while Yeh Rishta completes 50 successful episodes today.

TB-Double Bonanza 4 Directors Kut/Star+

--Pinky-- thumbnail

Two top shows goes down on the TRP charts

March 18th, 2009 - 9:47 pm ICT by sampurn -

The latest TRP ratings out today indicate a major fall in the rating of the 2 lead shows i.e. Ballika Vadhu( Colours) and Sapnaa Babul Ka…Bidaai ( Star Plus). The former has tanked to 5.8 from a peak of 10 which it had reached with the death of Sugana' husband Pratap. This Colours show was normally averaging around 8. Even the latter which also was doing an 8 had dropped to 6.3.

But the surprise package this week has been the rise of Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai. This Star Plus show on arranged marriage produced by Rajan Sahi has become number 1, with a rating of 6.4. a notch below Bidaai also produced by Rajan Sahi.

Rajan accepts that the ratings of Bidaai have fallen a bit, "This will happen for we don't want to make every episode a high point. The story is gearing up for a major drama. I would go so much to say that the saga actually began with now with both Ragani and Sadhna married. Once the new drama sets in the ratings will again surely rise.

Rajan is also not afraid of the upcoming IPL tournament, "Even last season Bidaai got very high rating. I sincerely believe that we have a loyal audience who will come back even during the cricket craze. Hence I don't feel the need to resort to stunts"" Most GEC channels had avoided launching new show last year during the first edition of IPL He further says that the current band of 6-8 TRP rating is quite good given the fact most other shows don't do more then 2/3.

Two top shows goes down on the TRP charts-Article-

niveditha thumbnail
    Gossip from Bidaai, Yeh Rishta success party

Production house Director's Cut hosted a major celebration to commemorate the success of their prime time shows Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai and Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai (on star Plus at 9pm and 9.30 respectively), both of which are enjoying TRPs of over 7. The cast and crew of both the shows were present at the event.

Parul Chauhan and Kisnhuk were the last team members to arrive. And even though Parul's right ankle was bandaged, she did not miss the opportunity to burn the dance floor with her co-star Sara Khan, Sara's beau Ali Merchant and Navin Saini.
    Jasvir Kaur, who came along with her hubby, was talking to everyone in a husky voice. When asked about the problem with her voice, she revealed that she was down with the flu. Despite this, she looked quite fresh in white Capri and a purple tee.

After giving interviews with co-star Hina Khan, Karan Mehra rushed towards the entrance. Karan, who plays the lead in Yeh Rishta…, was then chilling with his on screen co–stars and chatting politely with everyone. But as soon as he learned that his friend Nisha Rawal (model-turned-actress of Hastey Hastey fame) made an appearance, he introduced her to everyone at the party.

Kshiti Jog, Yatin Kareykar, Suchitra Bandekar, Romit Raj, and Amit Dolwat from Ghar Ki Laxmi Betiyaan were also there.

However certain members like Vibha Chibbber, Avinash Wadhwa, Preeti Puri, Amardeep Jha could not make it to the bash. Nevertheless, several of producer Rajan Shahi's (producer) friends, not to mention his family, were at the event.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/March/News_20090331_148

niveditha thumbnail
    Kinshuk: I'm glad Parul is doing Jhalak

Kinshuk Mahajan, who stars in Bidaai (Star Plus, Mon-Fri at 9pm), is happy with his costar Parul Chauhan's progress on her first reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 3 (Sony, and Fri-sat at 9pm). While Kinshuk plays Ranveer on the show, Parul plays his onscreen wife.

Kinshuk explains why he thinks that Parul should do Jhalak, saying, "I saw her performance when she fainted and whatever she did was not bad. She is a good performer and I have seen her working hard. She literally works for 24 hours a day. Everyone thinks that she faked fainting but that is not true. After running for her rehearsals and shooting, anyone would get tired. I know her and she is not the kind of girl who would fake this to gain publicity."
    Kinshuk tells us about Parul's genuine nature, adding, "She is a very nice human being. Even on the sets of our show, she keeps rehearsing. While I read out my lines, Parul comes and teaches me her steps and then asks my opinion on them. I have seen her rehearsals, though I have not seen many episodes of Jhalak. She adds a typical Indian touch to her dance. I like her liveliness too."

The actor is all praise for his costar. He says, "She is very popular. She deserves to win as with reality shows, popularity is the most important thing. And she is talented as well. I really hope she reaches the final. My good wishes are always with her."

Kinshuk admits that he too was offered a dance reality show but refused because of his hectic timings. He also reasoned that if everyone from a serial started doing realities, it would be difficult for the producer to accommodate all their conflicting schedules.

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/April/News_20090401_3

Kinshuk: I'm glad Parul is doing Jhalak

niveditha thumbnail

Rangeela performance by Parul Chauhan

The duo performed on a traditional form of dance from Karnataka which is similar to Kathakali...

rangeela performance by parul-tb article

niveditha thumbnail
    Despite an injured leg, Parul Chauhan continues to perform on JDJ

Parul Chauhan, who plays Ragini on Bidaai (Star Plus, Mon-Fri at 9pm), is having a tough time rehearsing for Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa with her injured leg, yet she is leaving no stone unturned to ensure that she puts up a tough fight.

SHE says, "I initially had a problem with my leg but in the past two weeks, there have been so many lifts in my performances that suddenly it started hurting more severely. But this is a competition and I have to perform here. I cannot make any excuses."
    The actress, who still has a bandage on her right ankle, shouldn't stand for long hours yet shooting for Bidaai forces her to. She says, "When I fainted during my performance, my doctor told me to take bed rest for at least 15 days, which of course I could not do. Now too, I have been advised to rest but that is next to impossible for me. During the shoot of Bidaai, I could barely stand but I have no option as I have to shoot for long shots. So there too, I hardly get any rest. Thankfully, my bandage can be easily hidden as I have to wear sarees."

Describing her hectic schedule, Parul says, "After finishing off shooting for Bidaai, I have to rehearse for Jhalak for at least 4 hours. I am okay now as I have been taking medicines that my doctor has prescribed and my mother is here to take care of me. She came last week. Everyone was telling me that she should come down to care for me so I asked her to come. She was very worried."

This week, all the contestants have been given two props, blindfolds and elastic bands, which they will have to perform with. Parul is going to perform on a romantic number.

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/April/News_20090406_23

Despite injured leg,Parul continues JDJ - Article