Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--Pinky-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 15 years ago

Who Holds The Remote Control In These Stars Home

Ek mayan mein do talwar nahee reh sakte (Two swords cannot fit into one sheath) is a popular Hindi adage. Similarly, two TV aficionados with a single TV is a difficult proposition in any household.

Kinshuk Mahajan (Actor)

"My sister would control the TV remote."

"In Mumbai, I live all alone but when I was in Delhi with my family it was my sister who would control the TV remote. She is hooked onto the music channels and English movies. My sister and I would have major fights over the remote control. Both of us would hide the remote when we got our hands on it, and at times, we couldn't recall where we had hidden it. Finally, I bought a television for myself and then gradually everyone in the family -- my mother, father, sister and even grandfather has his own television set. We all are happy watching different shows but my 'Bidaai' is obviously one show that the whole family watches together.

"When there is a match, during the breaks, my sister gets her turn to watch what she wants."

My Sistr control d TVremote-Kinshuk/Ranvir-NEW Art

--Pinky-- thumbnail
Bubbly and vivacious Ashita Dhawan is a well-known face today due to her immensely popular character of Maalti in Star Plus' Bidaai. Sometimes silly, sometimes conniving, Maalti is a much loved onscreen character for audiences and a claim to fame for Ashita.

So how similar is Ashita and Maalti?

"Both Ashita and Maalti are extremely energetic, naughty, lively, and at times silly. Ashita like Maalti is very spontaneous and the way I roll my eyes and even talk on the show is very similar to the real me! But the similarities end there as Ashita is not money minded and manipulative like Maalti," exlplains the actress.

How much has Maalti done for Ashita's career?

"Due to Maalti, today people notice me and want to know more about me. Maalti has made me what I am today," says Ashita.

And who would she attribute her success to?

"My producer Rajan Shahi is my guardian angel! I am so grateful to him for having given me the opportunity to portray the lovely character of Maalti," concludes the bubbly lady.

Source: Buzz 18

Ashita (aka Malti) Interview

--Pinky-- thumbnail

'Bidaai' unites Angad with granny

Angad Hasija, aka Alekh Rajvansh of 'Bidaai', has an ardent fan in his maternal grandmother. This was proved when after watching a particular scene; granny dearest called Angad and just couldn't stop crying.
As per the track, poor Alekh goes missing. Unable to find his dear ones, Alekh weeps like a kid. So moved was Alekh's granny with his performance that she rang him up immediately and spoke to him at length.
Informs Alekh, "When my grandmother saw me crying on the show after I get separated from my family (Sadhana, Ranbir and Ragini) she got worried. She called me and started crying over the phone. It took nearly 90 minutes to cajole her. She knows that it wasn't for real but she was sad to see me crying on the show. As I was a pampered child, she was sad to see me in tears."
The actor got in touch with his grandmother after nearly five years. "There were some issues and we have kept our distance from our relatives. I haven't seen my grandmother for the past nine years and this was for the first time that I was talking to her on the phone in about five years. My character has literally re-united us. I was moved to hear my granny cry and I told her that she can call me anytime", concludes Angad.

Angad re-unites with grandmother

v.flora thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Parul Chauhan's big birthday plans: article

Parul Chauhan, who plays Ragini on Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai (Star Plus, Mon-Fri at 9pm), is throwing a party for her friends and colleagues to bring in her 22nd birthday on March 19. Parul shared her plans with us.

THIS is the first time Parul will be holding a big bash on her birthday. She says, "Last year, we were busy shooting for Sadhna's (Sara Khan) wedding sequence on the show so the production house had to cancel the bash that they were going to throw for me. We celebrated later by cutting cake on the sets instead."
Elaborating on the upcoming party, she says, "I have got holiday on the previous day but I will be working on my birthday. We have arranged a party for my Bidaai and Jhalak team as well as my friends. It will be held at Mint and Ice. Since I had a holiday, I went for my rehearsals and then did some shopping. I have bought a black skirt, black is my all-time favourite colour, and a top in a combination of grey and black."

The actress is not expecting any gifts this birthday, at least not material ones. She says, "Everyone has been asking me the same question so I am telling them to give me votes instead of presents."

Parul, who is quite nervous about how the occasion will turn out, desperately wants it to be a success as it is the first big get together she is organising since she arrived in Mumbai. "It is the first bash I am arranging after coming to Mumbai. I live here alone so I hope that everything goes well. I do not know if my entire family will be able to make it but my mother and brother will surely be there on my birthday. I cannot force all of them to come here as my father has a blood pressure problem."

On the professional front, this will be the first time that Parul will be doing a Latin American dance on the upcoming episode of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa. The actress, seen wearing a sexy costume, managed to impress her judges.
source: http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/March/News_20090319_93
niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Parul Chauhan unplugged...

Telly Buzz in an exclusive chit-chat with the birthday girl, Parul Chauhan...

TB Article - Parul Chauhan unplugged

Edited by --Pinky-- - 15 years ago
niveditha thumbnail

It's Celebration time for Parul...

Here is Telly Buzz presenting pictures from Paul Chauhan's birthday bash..

niveditha thumbnail
A year and a few tears pass Parul by

Parul Chauhan, who plays Ragini on Bidaai, turned a year older yesterday and planned to celebrate with a big bash for all her friends at the club Mint And Ice. In fact, when we spoke to her before the occasion, she was nervous that everything should go well and her party should be a hit. And it turned out to be quite an unforgettable event- though not as the dusky actress would have preferred it.

THE panga took place when the electronic channels were not allowed in the club, resulting in a big fight outside. Ali Merchant, who helped organise the event had to step in and sort out the matter. A distraught Parul, who was already anxious about her first party in Mumbai, broke down in tears and had to be consoled by costar and best friend Sara Khan (Merchant's girlfriend).
The differences between the media and the club were finally settled and everyone was allowed entry. The actress recovered quickly from her sorry state outside the venue and immediately got the party started indoors. She first shook a leg with Sara and then her onscreen hubby Kinshuk Mahajan. However, onlookers say that Parul seemed to be enjoying Jay Bhabushali's company the most. Jay, who is one of Merchant's best friends, spent most of the night by Parul's side, busy chatting and dancing with her. It is said that though the two are not dating, they are very fond of each other's company.

Besides the expected crowd at the party such as Parul's mates Gauhar Khan and Hard Kaur, it was surprising to see guests such as Bigg Boss winner Ashutosh Kaushik, lead of the new show Na Aana Iss Desh: Laado attending. He was seen chatting excessively to Manish Naggdev, Sharad and Kirti Kelkar and Shama Sikander.

The birthday girl got teary-eyed again later that night when she had to cut her cake. Parul was expecting her family to come to Mumbai for her big day but they were unable to make it.

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/March/News_20090321_106

A year and a few tears pass Parul by - Article

niveditha thumbnail
Traveling and haggling makes Madhura quit Shakuntala

Madhura Naik entered Shakuntala (Star One) a month ago as Dushyant's sister Gauri but her stint on the show was to be short lived. The actress quit the serial due to mounting problems, the worst being the traveling involved.

Madhura speaks to us about her sudden exit, saying, "I quit Shakuntala about a week ago. It was a problem traveling every two days from Mumbai to Ahemdabad, where the set is located. It was becoming very stressful so I decided to quit."
The actress says that she also had troubles coping with both her shows, Kis Des Mein Hai Mera Dil and Shakuntala. She adds, "I was shooting for Kis Des in Mumbai and the set of Shakuntala is in Gandhinagar. Every two days, I had to catch a flight from Mumbai and fly there. It was becoming very difficult."

Apart from this, Madhura says that there were other reasons behind her decision to leave the show. She says, "They never gave me contract letter; they promised me many things initially, but they haven't kept their promises."

Elaborating on the empty promises, she says, "They said that they would pay my airfare but eventually told me that they'll pay only half of it. They also told me that they'll coordinate with me and that I'd have to shoot for just 15 days a month but they made me shoot for 25 instead! The Balaji production unit is very sweet and that's the reason I could do both the shows."

Madhura is sad to leave Shakuntala halfway through as it was doing really well. "Shakuntala was perhaps very good for me. People loved my character more than Shakuntala's. In Kis Des, I am playing a negative role so the importance becomes slightly less. On the other hand, people really appreciated my role in Shakuntala. I feel sad to quit but I can't really help it."

One thing she definitely won't miss is being decked up for the shoot. She says, "I enjoyed the show but shooting with the heavy costumes and heavy jewellery was very difficult. On top of that, it was outdoors and the temperature there is usually very high."

Payal Sarkar, who was seen in Waqt Batayega Kaun Apna Kaun Paraya, has replaced Madhura as Gauri. To this, Madhura says, "Well, I won't like to comment but I wish her all the best!"

Presently in Kis Des Mein Hai Mera Dil, Madhura's track is in full flow as her onscreen marriage is going to take place soon.

Payal Sarkar's entry as Gauri was shown last week on Shakuntala.

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/March/News_20090323_109

Sonia - Madhura Naik.

Traveling makes Madhura quit Shakunta - Article

niveditha thumbnail
Television's most romantic jodis

With love stories that defy all odds, and sometimes all reason, it's no wonder TV's sugary couples have become household names who get the audiences hooked on their serials.

SO we take a look at the most romantic onscreen couples who share some amazing chemistry.
Amar and Divya (Banoo Main Teri Dulhan): Amar (Sharad Malhotra) and Divya (Divyanka Tripathi) of Banoo Main Teri Dulhan (Zee TV) have garnered loads of love and appreciation from their fans for their off-screen as well as onscreen chemistry. They both look good together that now the fans are waiting to see them together in real life too.

Ranbir and Ragini (Bidaai): The viewers had to wait very long to see these two (Ranbir played by Kinshuk and Ragini played by Parul) together in Bidaai (Star Plus) and finally it has happened. These two are perhaps one of the most loved jodis on the small screen these days.

Armaan and Ridhima (Dil Mil Gaye): Dr. Armaan aka Karan Singh Grover and Sukirti Khandpal, who plays Ridhima of Dil Mil Gaye (Star One), look very cute together. Their fans are so fond of them that they want to see them together on other shows as well.

Heer and Prem (Kis Des): Heer, played by Additi Gupta, and Prem, played by Harshad Chopra, in Kis Des Mein Hai Mera Dil (Star Plus) have garnered loads of love from their fans. This onscreen couple shares a good relationship off screen as well- though they are just great friends.

Yudhister and Rani (Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat): Kapil and Anjali are very well known because of the chemistry they share off their Star Plus show as well. The couple participated in Nach Baliye 4 and was even among the top 4. Viewers are desperately waiting for them to tie the knot.

Arjun and Arohi (Kitani Mohabbat Hai): In a very short span of time, Arjun (Karan Kundra) and Arohi (Krutika Kamra) of Kitani Mohabbat Hai (NDTV Imagine) have gained so much popularity that they are being called the next Rajeev-Aamna on television. Their 'khatti mithi takraar' works perfectly for them.

Ram and Sita (Ramayan): Gurmeet Chaudhary, popularly known as Ram, and Debina Bonnerjee, Sita of NDTV Imagine's Ramayan, look made for each other. They are a couple in real life too and perhaps that chemistry is reflected onscreen.

Akshara and Naitik (Ye Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai): Akshara, played by Hina Khan, and Naitik, played by Karan Mehra, of Ye Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai (Star Plus) look very cute together. The shyness and freshness of their relationship has been getting good responses so far and viewers are eager to see how their relationship progresses.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/March/News_20090323_113

niveditha thumbnail
Parul: I'm working hard to reach the finals

Parul Chauhan (Ragini of Bidaai on Star Plus, Mon-Fri at 9pm) is getting the hang of her first reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa. Last week, Parul performed the samba for the first time and this week, she tried out freestyle dance.

Parul has not even heard about these non-Indian dance styles such as the samba before. She says, "When Deepak mentioned it I started laughing. Initially, I was nervous but I got to enjoy it later on."
The actress says that she is trying to get used to the revealing dance outfits. "I carried off my costume well and received many praises. I do wear Western wear but only stuff that I feel comfortable in, such as knee length skirts. However, the dress I performed in had a low neckline. I have never worn something like that before but the dance form was such that it was requited. I covered myself with a shawl before and after the performance during the filming of the show. Thankfully, my performance took place first," says Parul.

Full of praise for her choreographer Deepak, Parul says, "He made all the steps easy for me. He makes me comfortable with all the difficult steps so that it doesn't feel like I am doing a complicated routine. I know Deepak was last year's winner so I am working hard to reach the final with him. However, the rest depends on public voting; anything can happen. I hope we get good responses. Everything happens according to fate."

After three weeks on Jhalak, Parul finds it difficult to see her fellow contestants get eliminated. She says, "I am a very emotional person and I felt really bad when Tobby was eliminated after the first week. He told me not to cry and tum toh lambi race ka ghoda ho. Even when Ugesh was eliminated, I felt sad. He would come to my rehearsals and cheered me on by saying 'you won't win by fighting with people but by performing well'."

As for the other contestants, Parul is feeling quite at home with them. She adds, "Karan calls me 'gudiya' and asks me to smile for him as he likes my smile. Ram calls me 'sweet baby'. I am who I am on the show. I am quite bubbly in real life too. I have a good equation with everyone."

Talking about her family's reaction to her performances, she says, "My mother broke down on the phone when she saw me fainting on the show. She wanted me leave everything and rest. She cannot come to the sets regularly as my father is a blood pressure patient but she gave me many instructions about my meals. Everyone is proud of me, they like my performances."

This week, Parul finally managed to impress the judges with her freestyle performance. She scored 29 marks.

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/March/News_20090327_133

Parul: I'm working hard to reach the finals