Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago

Health issues of Parul Chauhan..

The actress talks of her recent health issues and the manner in which she is coping with the stressful schedules of

TB Article - Health issues of Parul Chauhan

Edited by --Pinky-- - 15 years ago
niveditha thumbnail
Angad Hasija will be locked in this Holi!

The cast of Bidaai (Star Plus, Monday-Friday at 9pm) has been celebrating Holi on the sets for the past four days and while they are enjoying themselves thoroughly, there is one actor who can't wait for the festival to be over and done with.

ANGAD Hasija, who plays Alekh in Bidaai, would rather stay home all day than partake in the festival of colour.
"I just hate playing Holi. This is the first time in my life that I have been forced to play and that too for four days! And we still haven't finished the sequence!" complains Angad.

Being a Sikh, Angad says he has never celebrated Holi in a big way. He adds, "We apply colour on each other's foreheads as a tilak for shagun, that is all. When it is time for Holi, it is a complete holiday for me. I do not go out, I lock myself inside my house and spend my day sleeping and eating. I get complete rest on that day. This year too, I have promised my friends and unit members that I will be coming for the Holi party but I am not going to go out anywhere."

Angad's aversion to the festival might be attributed to his most memorable Holi, which was not a completely happy one. He adds, "As a kid I did play Holi and once I saw on television that everyone plays wearing white. Therefore, I wore my school sports clothes, consisting of a white pant and a white shirt that my mother kept neatly ironed. I went to play in them and when I came back my mother asked me whose clothes I was wearing. I still remember the way she hit me after I told her it was my school uniform!"

As for Bidaai, Angad talks about the Holi sequence, saying, "Both my character Alekh and Sadhna (Sara Khan) have a special sequence. Sadhna will dream about me, she will see that I have become perfectly alright (Alekh is a mentally unwell on the show) and I am playing Holi with her. We are going to perform on the song Dekho Aayi Holi, Rang Layi Holi from Mangal Pandey."

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/March/News_20090311_52

NOT interested(sara&angad)

niveditha thumbnail
My naughtiest Holi...

The whole nation is celebrating the festival of colours in their own special way. After all, Holi is a festival where in everybody engages in full on masti and enjoyment.

AND keeping the mood of Holi in mind, we caught hold of our telly stars and asked them about the naughtiest thing they ever did on Holi:
Angad Hasija: Once when I was small, I remember I wore my white school uniform with my white school shoes and went out on Holi. When I came back my mom was surprised to see me in that avatar and when she actually realised that it was my school uniform, she scolded me very badly.

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/March/News_20090311_56

My naughtiest Holi... - Article

niveditha thumbnail

Holi in Bidaai...

Rajan Shahi's Bidaai will see a Holi Bash the coming week...

niveditha thumbnail

Sara Khan relives her childhood..

Sara Khan spent her off on the day of Holi with the kids of the orphanage, Shanti Dham and had a gala time..

TB Article - Sara Khan relives her childhood

v.flora thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Week's best in Tellyland

The past one week saw two winners, one sulking partner and loads of colour take centre stage in the world of television. Still not clear what we are talking about? Well, just incase you weren't listening, here's a chance for you to catch up on all that you missed out!

King size visit
All 24 contestants from Shah Rukh Khan's first reality show, Knights & Angels met their idol at his home, Mannat, before the show launched. We spoke to them after their visit and the girls couldn't stop going ga ga over Shah Rukh Khan.

READ: 'I was invited to Shah Rukh's house'

Controversies Galore
It's only been two weeks since Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa began but poor Gauhar Khan has been having a very troubled beginning to the show. She is stuck with choreographer Hanif Hilal who keeps saying he can't do Bollwyood. So much so that he allegedly required outside help. Is that true? Here's your chance to see what Hanif has to say about Gauhar's allegations!

READ: Hanif Hilal sets the record straight

ALSO READ: I will win, Hard Kaur

Sambhavna's Victory
Sambhavna Seth won Dancing Queen this week. But like most situations involving the item girl this one too involved a whole lot of fights, controversies and screaming matches. Sambhavna says she has made more enemies than friends in Dancing Queen.

READ: I've made enemies on Dancing Queen

ALSO READ: Shamaayal wants to fly high

Teekhi Chhote Miyan
At seven years, she packs quite a punch! Ask Rahul Mahajan and Sachin Pilgaonkar who had to judge her on Chhote Miyaan. Three months after serving up rib tickling comedy, audience favourite Saloni Daini was crowned the winner of Chhote Miyan last weekend.

READ: Crowd favourite Saloni is Chhote Miyan

Bidaai gets colourful
The cast and crew of Bidaai had a royal Holi party. The cast were filming for a Holi sequence for the show and were lucky enough to celebrate the festival for four full days till the entire sequence was wrapped up. But there was one person who wasn't very happy. And that's Angad Hasija who says he doesn't like Holi and couldn't wait for the filming to finish!

READ: Angad Hasija will be locked this Diwali
source: https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/March/News_20090314_70

Week's best in Tellyland: article

niveditha thumbnail

Parul's new jhalak!

Parul, the demure Bahu grooved on Samba in her new western look this week... But was all a bed of roses for the lady? ...

TB Article - Parul's new jhalak!

--Pinky-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai tops TRP charts..

Rajan Shahi's recently launched show topped the TRP charts to become the #1 show across all channels with an average TRP ...

YRKKH #1 - Bidaai #2 on TRP Chart - TB

--Pinky-- thumbnail
TV Toppers
Colors and STAR Plus are going neck and neck.

2. Bidaai (STAR Plus)

Position in November 2008 : 2

Genre : Family drama

Theme : The tale of two sisters with conflicting fortunes

Snapping at the heels of Balika Vadhu's numero uno position is Bidaai. Despite slipping into saas-bahu mode often, Bidaai is hugely popular for its identifiable storyline and the fresh faces peppering the line-up. "Every plot change and every character introduction is followed keenly by its loyal audience. I am sometimes surprised when people come up to me and discuss the intricacies of a character or an episode. The earthy appeal of the show has caught on big time," says Rajan Shahi, producer and series director. Maintaining an average TVR between 5 and 6, Bidaai registered a healthy 5.2 for the week ending February 28.

TV Toppers ---ARTICLE

--Pinky-- thumbnail

I am thankful to God - Kinshuk Mahajan

Kinshuk Mahajan is the latest chocolate boy of Indian Television. This model cum actor did many projects earlier but came to fame with the Star Plus show Bidaai as Ranveer. Here's the heartthrob of thousands of girls in a heart to heart chit chat with our reporter.

How has this journey been in the television industry till now?

It has been great being part of the journey. It all started when I was in school and my friends used to motivate me to get into acting career. But I shared the feeling of my parents of not becoming another struggling actor. So, I joined film making course in Sriram Center situated in Noida. But because I was not much interested in that, I finally decided to jump to acting. I joined theaters and by god's grace I was picked up for the movie Delhi Heights. Then came up Dhoom machao Dhoom, which was my first step in television industry. I didn't have to struggle when I came to Mumbai. Rajan Sir had seen my performance in Kaajal, and had me in his mind for Ranveer. Now I am so happy to be part of this Bidaai team.

What would you like to say about your success?

It's around 2-3 years in the industry now and I have bought a flat of my own. I live on the 27th floor of the tallest building in Mumbai. Till now every penny I am spending is of my own and I should thank my parents too who are very supportive in every aspect.

How do you feel when you see girls going gaga over you?

(Laughs)You really feel nice and there definitely is a feel good factor. I would say, god has been great to me and I should keep my head on ground. There have been many friends of mine, who changed after they were pushed up, but I wanted to stay level headed as I love helping people.

Any particular hobbies!

In school days I had coin and stamp collection. But that's a very old story. These days I don't get much time.

What's the secret of your staying fit?

I don't much get time to go for gym. I did register in few but I am unable to find time for the same. (Laughs) I am a foody person but I know what to eat and what not to eat. I am a complete non-vegetarian and I love tandoori chicken.

We have always been hearing news about the awesome foursome. How are your relationships with the co-stars?

It has been really nice. Angad is really a brother to me as I don't have a brother on my own. Parul, sometimes acts like a Mom and keeps telling me what to do and what not to. Saara is like a kid and we always advise her. All four of us share a great chemistry.

Where do you go for vacation?

My parents stay in Delhi and even if I get an off for a day, I go home to spend time with my parents. But, I have gone to Switzerland and love the place. I would love to visit the place again.

What are your future projects?

I always believe one should focus on one thing at a time rather than taking too many things on plate. You can do hundred things in what you are doing currently. An actor needs, "Money, Fame and Name" and I am getting it from television industry. I am getting many offers for movies, but now I am concentrating only on Bidaai. I am an opportunist and when I feel the need to grab one, I do utilize the opportunity. Whenever I get time, I do promotions or some music album. I am also doing an album with Tulsi Kumar, but the release date is not yet finalized.

"I am quite spiritual and believe in god," quipped the spiritual and god fearing person, Kinshuk before ending this heart to heart chat.

Reporter and Author - AR Raghav

Kinshuk Mahajan's Interview