Views

Users

Frequent Posters

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago

I want a sweet, cute and simple guy: Parul

Print Email Discuss Share Save Comment Text:

This dusky girl captivated hearts of many in her debut performance as Raagini in Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai. Contrary to her on screen portrayal as
Parul Chauhan
a reticent and calm girl, we found 20-year-old to Parul Chauhan to be quite talkative and fun loving.

Parul is all set to hit the dance floor by participating in the third season of Jhalak Dikhla Ja. "I love to dance but I have received no formal training. I can pick up the steps while rehearsing as I did for certain episodes of Bidaai where I was supposed to dance."

Parul is all admiration for her choreographer Deepak Singh. "He is both a friend and teacher to me. I'm really lucky to have him," she says. Parul feels her current soap has "given me an identity and has made me win three awards this year. Audiences too love my character and I think that's what an actor craves for." So does she find juggling between a reality show and her current show a tad taxing? "It really is difficult. But I rehearse scripts of the serial while travelling which saves time for me," says Parul.

As she shares how acting happened to her, it becomes evident that things did not come easy to her. "I never aspired to be an actress. I hail from a middle class family based in Lucknow. While I was pursuing my engineering course my friends insisted me on getting into acting. That's how I came to Mumbai," says Parul who further adds, "I struggled for almost two years and I kept on going for auditions after auditions. I even had to starve myself for 10 days due to lack of money. And my parents sent me some money after they came to know about my plight by selling the jewellery they had bought for my marriage. But in life nothing comes easy."

As a person, Parul is, "sensitive and compassionate. I can't see anyone suffering. I keep on playing pranks and keep smiling which keeps my spirits high." Parul loves to "cook and dance" and prefers, "watching Kal Ho Na Ho, listen to music and party at times. Frankly speaking, I don't like to sit idle."

Ask her about life in Mumbai, and she avers, "It is very fast-paced. This city has given me so many new friends. The best part of this city is no one peeps into your life unlike Lucknow."

Has Parul found her prince charming? She gushes, "I am looking to find a guy for myself. I want a sweet, cute and simple guy as my life partner. And should love me more than anyone in the world."

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/TV-/I-want-a-sweet-cute-and-simple-guy-Parul/articleshow/4208476.cms

I want a sweet, cute and simple guy: Parul

Edited by --Pinky-- - 15 years ago
niveditha thumbnail

Romit and Shilpa continue their onscreen romance off-screen

One more popular onscreen jodi has declared they are 'lovers' in real life too. They are Romit Raj and Shilpa Shinde, who were seen paired opposite each other in Maayka (Zee TV).

"Yes, we are seeing each other," confirms Romit, "all I can tell you as of now is that we are very good friends and are a couple."
Romit and Shilpa met each other on the sets of Maayka. Romit adds, "I saw her first in 2003 but we met each other on the sets of Maayka. Slowly, we became friends and now we are together."

Surprisingly, it has been only about three months since they started going around. The actor says, "We've been really good friends for a long time but our relationship grew only after she left the show. After she left Maayka, we realized that we were in love. Normally, people fall in love while they are working together but in our case it has been the completely opposite."

How does he spend time with Shilpa now that she's no longer shooting for the show and he is?
"It actually gets very difficult but I am glad I don't have any other show to do as of now (laughs). But we do manage to find time for each other," says Romit.

When asked about marriage, the actor says they haven't thought about it yet. He adds, "We haven't approached our parents but one thing I can tell you is still there is time. Filhaal toh we are getting to know each other better. Our families know that we are great friends so when the appropriate time comes, we will soon approach them."

Shilpa Shinde, who is presently relaxing at home, says, "Yes, we are very good friends and he even comes over to my place frequently. Romit is a very nice person and that's the reason we are still in touch. But we haven't thought about marriage as of now, we will let you know once everything gets finalized."

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/March/News_20090303_11

Romit and Shilpa are real life couple - Article

niveditha thumbnail
Parul Chauhan: Dance is like a puja

Parul Chauhan did a few shows here and there before she became a household name with her role as Ragini in Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai. The actress, who has no formal training in dance, will now be seen testing her moves on Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa.

We caught up with Parul for a rapid round of questions regarding dance and music.

Previous dance experience: I do not have any experience performing, not even at school or college level. I have not taken any kind of training.
Your take on dance: Dance is like a puja for me. I still remember the first time I performed on a stage when I was kid. I performed on the song Akshiyan Milaoon Kabhi Churaoon which was featured on Madhuri Dixit. I was quite nervous. Then slowly slowly I gained confidence doing stage shows and performances.

Your favourite dance: For now it is Indian as I have not learnt any other kind of dance form. I am just getting to know about salsa, jazz ,Bollywood and others. I will slowly get a grip over them and only then will I be able to say which form is the best.

The person you think will win: Actually speaking, all 11 contestants are better than me. They did a good job in the first episode, I could not make out any flaws in their performances. It would be very difficult for me to take a single name.

Your favourite judge: All three of them are so sweet. I am the youngest contestant on the show and during the technical rehearsals, when we did our shoot, I was jumpy as I had to rush to my other shoot. It was so nice of them to allow me to go early.

Quotable quote from a judge that has lingered: It has to be Vaibhavi's reaction when unhone meri apne hathon se nazar utari aur kaha ke you performed like Apsara. It was an emotional moment for me.

Quotable quote from another contestant that has lingered: All of them told me that my expressions were very cute. They said that when I rehearse, my face is expressionless but when I perform, I give out the perfect expressions.

Now playing on your iPod/music system: From Jai Veeru, the song Tenu Leke Jayenge, Kaise Mujhe Tum Mil Gayi from Ghajni and Kal Ho Na Ho's title track, which is my all-time favourite.

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/March/News_20090304_15

• Sonali Joshi, Hill Road Media
  • Wednesday, March 04, 2009
  • Parul Chauhan: Dance is like a puja

niveditha thumbnail

Parul Chauhan faints on Jhalak floor...

An overworked Parul Chauhan passes out soon after performing in this week's episode of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa ...

v.flora thumbnail
    Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Rang Barse: Visual treat for viewers

Print Email Discuss Share Save Comment Text:
    Come March 8, witness 45 of the most popular faces on Indian television shed their inhibition and enjoy Holi in Rang Barse - Bura Na Mano Holi Hai
    Rang Barse - Bura Na Mano Holi Hai
    on Star Plus.

Rang Barse showcases a gamut of the most adored television stars from across all channels enjoying the festivities of Holi together with special performances from some key actors.

Television's immensely popular Dever-Bhabhi duo-Sara Khan and Kinshuk Mahajan (Sadhana and Ranveer from Sapna Babul Ka... Bidaai) will host the celebrations and showcase some of the never-seen-before moments on this event. It will be a visual treat for the viewers who will be privy to the celebrations among television's most popular good and bad boys and the leading ladies and vamps.

Rang Barse-Bure na Mano Holi hai will showcase actors like Ronit Roy, Gautami Kapoor, Sakshi Tanwar, Smriti Irani, Gauri Pradhan, Hiten Tejwani, Karan Patel, Naman Shaw, Rakshanda Khan, Shweta Tiwari, Abhijeet Sawant, Prachi Desai, Sanjeeda Shaikh, Baa Bahu Aur Baby family and many others come together to participate in the festivities of Holi. It will also showcase some very interesting gupshup with the famous jethanis (Hamari Devrani), Anjali Abrol and Kapil Nirmal (Raja and Rani of Raja Ki aayegi Baraat) and antics from Deven Bhojani aka Gattu.

Watch Prachi Desai and Sanjeeda Sheikh perform on Dola Re, Sangeeta Ghosh mesmerising with her act on Rang De, Juhi Parmar tapping to Bicchuda Bicchuda. Also the Pati, Patni aur Woh act between Hiten, Gauri and Rakshanda promises to bring out the best moments of nauk-jhauk and camaraderie between the actors.

Rang Barse promises to be an entertaining event with lots of masti, performances, some good banter between the hosts throughout the evening. Watch out for all of this and more in this exclusive Holi special Rang Barse, Bura Na Mano Holi Hai.

So here's your chance to take a sneak-peak into the television industry's most indulging and interesting Holi ever. Don't miss the excitement and fun of the Holi special celebration Rang Barse - BURA NA MANO HOLI HAI, Sunday, March 8th, 10.30 pm only on STAR Plus!

Rang Barse: Visual treat for viewers: article

v.flora thumbnail
    Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Parul Chauhan fainted on Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa

Actors who work round the clock had better learn a lesson at least now. Parul fainted at the end of her performance on Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa - Dancing with the stars 3. For a moment everyone thought she was faking it but when she could not be revived' all hell broke loose.

The girl has been shooting close to 16 hours for her daily soap. Reporting straight from shooting to rehearsals and rehearsing through the night has finally taken a toll on her. She passed out during rehearsals but Deepak the hard task master did not let her get away with it. She fainted again during the dress rehearsals and finally gave everybody a fright during the shooting when she simply could not be revived. It was the strong Ram Kapoor who had to carry her away while a doctor was summoned. Once she was on the way to recovery the judges expressed concern over overworked actors and why they cannot opt out of one commitment while taking on another strenuous one. All this tension lasted for about an hour post which the shoot resumed. While Shweta Tiwari explained that Parul did have an option of quitting her daily soap but her loyalty is with the show that has made Parul a household name and hence she decided to continue with it. The result is there for all to see.

The judges, Saroj Khan in particular was reluctant to even give her the marks for her performance but was persuaded by Shweta to do so. How long Parul can continue Jhalak at this rate remains to be seen.

Sampurn Media

Parul Chauhan fainted on JDJ: Article

--Pinky-- thumbnail
    Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Rang Barse with Star Plus...

Come March 8th, Star Plus brings together 45 of the most popular faces on Indian Television as the celebrate Holi in ...

TB - Rang Barse with Star Plus...

--Pinky-- thumbnail
    An overworked Parul Chauhan passes out soon after performing in this week's episode of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa ...

Parul Chauhan faints on Jhalak floor...

Forum Link Parul faints on jhalak floor! TB article
    --Pinky-- thumbnail

Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 3 - First Week Report..

Sony's Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 3 had an enormous opening last weekend... Was it entertaining enough to have the audiences' ...

Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 3 - First Week Report..

--Pinky-- thumbnail

Honeymoon sequence stalled!

Mumbai: If sources are to be believed, the last day of the honeymoon sequence shoot for Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai on a beach in Kerala was stalled because the fishermen at the beach objected to it.

Canned: This is the shot you will not get to see on air

Why? Because the crew didn't have the required permission to shoot there, say sources. Apparently, Angad Hasija (Alekh) had very aesthetically covered Sara Khan's (Sadhana) lower part of the body in sand and shaped it like a mermaid while the crew was not shooting.

A source says, "For some reason, the local fishermen thought the actors were making fun of them and so they got agitated, yelled and pounced on the pair especially Sara. Things got worse because the team didn't know how to speak in the local language so they couldn't communicate with the local fishermen. The unit members came to the actors' rescue but Sara got bruised in this ruckus."

And for this, the channel (Star Plus) is to be blamed because they had organised the trip to Munnar, Alleppey etc. This matter was kept under wraps. So much so that Rajan Shahi, the producer of this show, completely denied any such chaos that happened in Kerala. Rajan says, "Nothing like that happened. There was no problem. Even though I wasn't there, I'm an involved producer and I know all about what happened."

We wonder why he lied to us and denied the news because Vivek Bahl, senior creative director, Star TV, confirmed it. Vivek says, "Yes, some local fishermen did try and create trouble. They demanded some money but the unit didn't pay them and the shoot went on as is evident in the episodes." He also added that "all the permissions were in place."

But though Vivek says that the shoot went on, our source asserts, "There was no shooting after this encounter with the fishermen." And guess what... there's proof? The photograph that you see here was clicked and was supposed to be incorporated in the honeymoon sequence but because the shoot was stopped mid-way, the unit members could not shoot it. Hence, we won't get to watch this in the honeymoon sequence episodes that'll go on air!

Honeymoon abroad grounded
    The honeymoon sequence shoot was ideally supposed to have taken place abroad but the only hitch was that Sara Khan didn't have a passport!

The other three actors -- Angad Hasija, Parul Chauhan and Kingshuk Mahajan had their passports in place. Sad that they had to settle for a honeymoon shoot in Kerala, instead!

Honeymoon sequence stalled!