Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
Parul gets emotional on her bidaai

Ragini of Bidaai (Star Plus) that is Parul Chauhan couldn't stop her tears from flowing while and even after shooting for a bidaai sequence. She got very emotional and the tears flowed even after the shot was canned.

"Yes, this is true" says Parul sadly, adding "Actually one day before shooting for my bidaai sequence I was very upset as I had to shift to another set leaving my on screen parents, bhaiya, bhabhi and dadi. Mujhe aisa lag raha tha ki meri sach mein bidaai ho rahi hai."
According to the actress, the pain of separating from her on screen parents made her cry endlessly. She tells us, "My parents stay in Lucknow and since the time I've shifted to this city, they (my on screen parents) have always been there for me. And when I realized that I am actually shifting to a new place, I started crying like anything. All I can tell you is itna toh main aajtak kabhi nahi roi."

The girl says that her on screen parents are just like her real parents. "I respect them a lot. In fact they've even promised me when I'll actually get married in real life, toh mere parents' ke saath saath wo bhi mera kanyadaan karenge" she says fondly.

Parul started shooting on her new set from Sunday and in a very short span of time, she has adjusted well with the new family. She says, "I know all these people for quite some time now. But on the 1st day I was feeling very low and missing everyone but Natasha ji was very sweet. She took me to her room and offered me some food."

Apart from her on screen family, the actress misses many things about her maayka. She tells us, "I miss my home, my room, my kitchen and everything. And there was this puppy on my previous set that was very attached to all of us. I miss him badly and the surprising thing is that today when I've come to shoot at my previous set, he came running to me and started licking my feet. That was so sweet because I thought he would have forgotten me," she recalls fondly.

Presently in the show, Ragini has just got married to Ranbir and the new bride is being welcomed in Rajvansh family replete with all the rituals.

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/February/News_20090204_24

Parul gets emotional on her bidaai - Article

Edited by pinkykhan - 15 years ago
--Pinky-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Parul heads to Kerala for onscreen honeymoon

Ragini and Ranbir of Bidaai (Star Plus) were suppose to go abroad for their honeymoon sequence about a week ago. But the onscreen couple has had to postpone their trip and will now leave for Kerala on February 9.

Parul Chauhan, who plays Ragini, talks about the change in plans, saying, "We were suppose to leave in the last week of January but there was some problem with Sara's passport. Initially, we were supposed to go to Australia, then to Italy and lastly to Singapore but the plan changed and now we will be heading to Kerala."
Sara, Angad, Kinshuk and Parul will be travelling to Kerala for 10 days. Producer Rajan Shahi explains the change of plans, saying, "Kerala is a beautiful place, it has beauty in the true sense. That's the reason I decided that we should go there."

Keeping in mind she will soon be playing a bride on her honeymoon, we asked Parul how comfortable she is doing intimate scenes. She says, "Kuch bold wold nahi honge mujhe pata hai, aur waise bhi maine toh pehle hi bol rakha hai ki zaada kuch main nahi karne waali. As far as I know there'll be hugs and I am fine with that!"

The actress points out that this is not the first time she is doing 'bold' scenes with her co-star. Describing a previous scene, she says, "When Kinshuk kissed me for the first time on my forehead, something happened to me. Though now I am very comfortable with him. I'm so comfortable that I won't hesitate to do anything."

Apart from her onscreen honeymoon, the actress is also excited about seeing Kerela. Parul says, "This is the first time we're going out of Mumbai for a shoot. Luckily, I know how things work when it is an outdoor shoot. As for the place, I've heard that Kerala is famous for body massages so I'll try that if we get the time. I would also love to explore the place."

Although Parul has not planned for her trip as of now, there are some things that she will definitely carry with her. She says, "As I am also doing Jhalak, I haven't got time to pack yet. But one thing is for sure, I'll pukka carry some sweaters and shawls with me as I've heard that it'll be really cold there."

Presently on the show, Ragini and Ranbir have just got married and are undergoing all the post marital rituals and ceremonies.

Parul heads to Kerala for honeymoon-article

--Pinky-- thumbnail

Who's the best bahu on telly?
Print Email Discuss Share Save Comment Text:

Television's mint fresh bahus are ruling the prime time, and giving the old bahus a run for their money. PT reports
Aasiya Kazi

If you thought small screen's super bahus Parvati and Tulsi had left behind no heirs to their crowns, you are mistaken. The general entertainment channels have thrown up a whole new lot of bahus: Sara Khan and Parul Chauhan, Smita Bansal, Avika Gor, Neha Marda, Surili Gautam, Prabhleen Sandhu, Anjali Abrol, Heena Khan and Aasiya Kazi.

Article: Who's the best bahu on telly?

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Eva Grover reenters Bidaai

After her well-received cameo, Eva Grover will reenter Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai soon, playing Sheetal, a childhood friend of Vasudha Rajvansh (Seema Kapoor).

Eva talks about her role saying, "I got a call from Rajan and he told me the channel was very happy with the response they got after my appearance at Ragani and Ranbir's wedding. I also received many calls complimenting my work on the show. Rajan was also told by many that it was a good role," says an excited Grover.
Rajan called Eva and told her that he would like to bring her character back on the show. Eva says, "My character comes from Canada and she is Vasudha's childhood friend. She wants her daughter to get married to Vasudha's son but it does not happen. When he marries someone else, Sheetal poisons Vasudha's mind to make her go against her son. "

Eva has shot for three scenes so far. She adds, "They were all with Seema and were very well written. I liked them because there was a lot of scope for my performance. If given a chance, I would like to continue doing the show. I would jump at the offer as the show is doing really well. But I don't know how long they are willing to keep my character on the show. If the response continues to be good then maybe my role will continue."

Eva's reentry takes place next week. Meanwhile, the four leads of the show are in Kerala, shooting for a honeymoon sequence.

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/February/News_20090210_59

Eva Grover reenters Bidaai - Article

Edited by pinkykhan - 15 years ago
--Pinky-- thumbnail
Girl power on Jhalak

Jhalak Dikhla Jaa's third season will have an all female judging panel with Juhi Chawla, Vaibhavi Merchant and Saroj Khan set to grill the contestants. This time, the show will feature 12 celebrities battling it out to be top dancer.

The official launch of the show will take place this week. Some well known names participating are Parul Chauhan, Monica Bedi, Hard Kaur and Ram Kapoor.

Get ready to dance with the stars from February 27

Jhalak is back in its third season filled with new faces and new judges. 12 participants, all from different fields, are set to rock the dance floor in order to impress the three mahajudges. The show starts on February 27.

Parul Chauhan with Deepak Singh: The girl from Lucknow is now a familiar face with audiences because of her role as 'Ragini' (Bidaai). From having a proper traditional look to a glamorous one, Parul will now try her best to shake a leg.

Jhalak Dikhla Ja - Articles

--Pinky-- thumbnail
TRP... what's the full form?
TRP... what's the full form?
11 Feb 2009, 0047 hrs IST, TNN
Print Email Discuss Share Save Comment Text:
How often have we heard things like a show being pulled off due to low TRPs. But not many know the full form. Well, it's understandable if people
Aamir Ali
from outside the industry aren't aware, but those part of the fraternity surely should know considering TRPs rule their lives. TRP is basically Television Rating Point. So let's find out how many know this...

Eva Grover
TRP? Frankly speaking I don't know. I've been in television for 12 years now. But I really never gave it a thought. It's some rating, that much I know.
Article: TRP... what's the full form?

--Pinky-- thumbnail
Mum's the word
On screen, she's a tough cookie, a worrying, on the edge prejudiced mother who is prepared for the worst. Off screen, Vibha Chibber is a contrast. "Because television is not the only thing I do," she rolls out quite a time-table - telly time, films, theatre - the first and only love, family, children, and acting classes. "These are more of diction and action classes. When a generation starts thinking in English, they lose touch with their mother tongue. So, we have aspiring actors coming to us to improve on their Hindi diction, and I can tell you it's pretty bad!" she laughs. When she's not doing her serial Bidaai on Star, Vibha, an NSD passout, gets going with theatre. "I was associated with the National School of Drama for 25 years and been the director of Barry John's Theatre In Agitation which is for children," the need for more recognition drove Vibha to the small and then big screen (remember coach Krishna in Chak De and constable Vyjanti in Ghajini?). Looking forward to Let's Dance and Mocktail, Vibha says television will restrict to Bidaai for it takes up most of her time. "I'm happy playing the mother, always one-step ahead with her sixth sense," Vibha elaborates on her character whose forever fearful of 'dark skinned' daughter's destiny. "I have a 14-year-old daughter and I can relate to a mother's anxiety! Well, she's fair, so that part is taken care of," Vibha gets candid how when it comes to Punjabi families, the fairness index is a big factor. "Being a girl is as it is difficult in this country and dark skin is still a huge complex and it can only go away with education and awareness," she says. If only people were that open.
--Pinky-- thumbnail

'Gift of Love' for our Onscreen Couples..

On this Valentines day, we are suggesting some gifts for our reel life couples of television which will enable them to ...

Ranveer-Ragini-Gift of Love,Vday Sp.TB

--Pinky-- thumbnail
Stars on their 'V- Day' plans!!!
by Vidhya Krishnan
Feb 13, 2009, Bangalore

Ashita Dhawan – I will be watching 'Billu' tonight with my Valentine and the celebrations begin from tonight itself; and tomorrow will be some partying. I usually plan a lot of for Valentines' Day but this time, I have been quite busy so it is all last-minute plans. I believe strongly in this day and even buy red clothes to celebrate. However my boy friend doesn't believe in all this but he does celebrate to keep me happy.

Stars on their v-Days Plans

--Pinky-- thumbnail

TV's 5 Most Romantic Jodis

Parul Chauhan-Kinshuk Mahajan

Though 'Sapna Babul Ka'Bidaai' is about two sisters, Ragini (played by Parul Chauhan) and Sadhna (Sara Khan), romance is integral to the show. The serial's current track revolving around Parul Chauhan's marriage to Kinshuk Mahajan (Ranveer) is fetching sky-high TRPs.

People obviously like the love story between Parul and Kinshuk. Though his character had earlier rejected her because of her dark complexion, in the filmiest of the style, one fine day Parul dials a wrong-number which just happens to be Kinshuk's number ' and their love story begins even though they are unaware of each other's identities. Even after the grand revelation their love blossoms and they subsequently get married.

The actors did look a bit awkward with each other initially especially since Parul is a bit older to Kinshuk in real life; but if you happen to have witnessed the many subtle romantic scenes between the two of late, it becomes glaringly clear that their onscreen rapport now looks palpably believable.

TV's Most Romantic Jodis...Article..