Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
Ragini's Big Fat Indian Wedding

Parul Chauhan who plays Ragini in Bidaai's says her much delayed wedding will finally take place in the coming week. Parul who has already shot for the sequence says it was a typical big fat Indian wedding!

"It was a very expensive sequence. I will be seen wearing a very elaborate and expensive outfit for my wedding sequence. It is maroon, red, green and golden colour. It also has little velvet work on it and is also decorated with jari as well as kundan. I wore a golden colour dupatta with net. My maang tikka was also unique as it has five rows which covered my head. I also had to wear a lot of jewelry like jhumkas, bangles, an armlet and even I wore jewelry at the waist," says the thrilled actress.
It's no wonder then that Chauhan took hours to get ready for the shot and left the crew waiting till the bride finally arrived in all her splendour.

"I took four hours to dress up that but then if you have to shoot for a wedding then it does take some time. My lehenga itself weighed at least a couple of kgs'We have just started with the rituals but it will take us a couple of days at least to wrap up the entire shoot. The entire decoration, the atmosphere was so real that no one would think that it was just a shoot!" laughs Parul.

Parul who is also one of the participants in the upcoming season of Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa says that she is having a tiring time trying to manage the rehearsals and the grand wedding sequence.

"It is really hectic. I had fever also while shooting but everyone took good care of me on the sets. I am enjoying this but at the same time pretty nervous also as I have to leave my family and I do not want to do that at all. I have been crying on the sets everyday and one way doing rehearsals of the final bidaai!"

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/January/News_20090126_168

• Sonali Joshi, Hill Road Media
  • Monday, January 26, 2009
  • Ragini's Big Fat Indian Wedding

Edited by pinkykhan - 15 years ago
    --Pinky-- thumbnail
    Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

An evening to remember with Ranvir and Ragini....

The most awaited wedding of Ranvir and Ragini is to happen on 30th January. Here are Kinshuk Mahajan and Parul ...

An evening to remember with Ranvir Ragini..TB

--Pinky-- thumbnail
    Republic Day Special: Stars on their rights

Today Indians all over the country are celebrating Republic Day. It was on this day, Constitution was made and India was declared a sovereign country. And so today we ask our television stars if allowed that is the one right that would like to see added to the Constitution.

Parul Chauhan

Every individual has his/her choice to add to our Constitutional rights, but it will not change anything. I only wish that we should have a strong right against terrorism. Ever since we've faced the horrifying terror attacks last year I think all of us would aspire to live freely without any fear. I would therefore like to add this right in our constitution which should allow us to freely wander in our own country.

Republic Day Special

--Pinky-- thumbnail

You are invited to the Grand Wedding....

Star Plus cordially invites you for the wedding ceremony of ...

You are invited to the Grand Wedding....TB

niveditha thumbnail

Sara Khan hospitalised..

Sara Khan suffered a severe muscle pull in her stomach while performing for the Finale of Nach Baliye 4 and is

TB Article - Sara Khan Hospitalized

--Pinky-- thumbnail
    Both couples (Sadhna and Ragini along with their husbands) of Rajan Shahi's Sapna Babul ka... Bidaai were to go abroad for a honeymoon shoot.
    But guess what? Sara Khan (Sadhna) didn't have a passport and making one quickly wasn't possible. "Actually I have not got the time from my shoot to go to the passport office and the channel guys told me only a few days back about the trip abroad," says Sara. The team would have probably been shooting in Switzerland, but for Sara's passport problem. They've now settled for Kerala. The girl insists she is not disappointed. "Even if we had to go abroad we would only shoot all the time. We are happy to go somewhere nearby," she says. But what about her co-actors. We are sure they aren't too happy!

Sara is not disappointed!

niveditha thumbnail
    Hectic schedules take a toll on Parul

Parul Chauhan who plays Ragini in Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai is struggling between her rehearsals and her Bidaai shoots.

"I enjoy dancing a lot and now I am getting a chance to show my talent via Jhalak'.My schedule is becoming hectic day by day. In Bidaai I have to shoot with this heavy costume and since it is a very important sequence we need to have continuity," says Parul says who has already started her rehearsal with her choreographer.
    "I pack up around one am at night and then next day at 8.30am I am at my rehearsals. I spend at least two to four hours in rehearsals with my choreographer. I have been learning lots of things about dancing and I am having fun too. I am the youngest contestant amongst all. So they tease me, pamper me and we have lots of masti together," adds Chauhan.

"But then after running from one place to the other I got a fever. I was in such a bad state that I was not able stand in my wedding sequence. I would keep taking time out between the shoots. I could not give a miss to my practice either as our competition is about to start next month. I am still nervous'I do not know how am I going to perform in front of so many people and in front of judges too," signs off the actress.

It looks like things are only going to get more hectic for the Parul as she will soon be heading to Kerala to film the honeymoon sequence in Bidaai.

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/January/News_20090131_209

Hectic schedules take a toll on Parul - Article

--Pinky-- thumbnail
    Article:
    Ranveer-Ragini tie the knot!

by Tellywatch News Desk

Jan 30, 2009, Mumbai

Star Plus' 'Sapna Babul Ka…Bidaai' celebrates the marriage ceremony of Ranveer-Ragni. Celebrations are on in full swing at the Rajvansh and Sharma homes with Ranveer (Kinshuk Mahajan) and Ragini (Parul Chauhan) tying the nuptial knot with the blessings and good wishes of their family and loved ones. After surpassing many trials and tribulations, Ranveer and Ragini's love finally triumphs and Prakashchand (Alok Nath) and Kaushalya Sharma's (Vibha Chibbar) dreams of Ragini's marriage comes true on Friday, January 30 at 9 pm on Star Plus.

The excitement at the wedding and the joy of the rituals takes the dulhewaale by surprise as the ladkiwaale participate with supreme delight and enthusiasm. From joota chupai to sitting on a bed full of papads, Ranveer takes it all in good spirits. With the Bidaai ceremony, the Sharma family is ready to bid adieu to their darling daughter Ragini with a heavy heart, as she will begin a new journey after marriage.

Will Ragini be able to adjust to the lifestyle in her new home and win everyone's hearts or will she have to fight her own battles without the support of her loved ones? One has to only wait and watch. The wedding ceremony airs on Friday

https://www.tellywatch.com/telly_news/ranveer_ragni/january-30-2009/ranveer_ragni_wedding_sapna_babul_ka_bidaai_star_plus.html

Article:Ranveer-Ragini tie the knot!

214926 thumbnail
    Sara Khan Hospitalised

Bidaai's Sara Khan was hospitalised recently following complaints of a severe stomach ache. The actress was performing for the Nach Finale when she began to feel sick. As a result she was admitted in the hospital for three days. Her beau Ali Merchant gave us the details.

"On Monday she had a late night shoot of Bidaai. We even rehearsed for some time in the evening for Nach and then during our performance, she suffered from a very bad stomach ache..We think she pulled a muscle. I guess it happened as there were many lifts in our dance," says Ali.

The doctor has advised the Bidaai girl to take adequate bed rest and has warned against any exertion. "The doctor has told her to take it easy for the next 15 days. she is has been told not to dance and jumo around. She is not supposed to over exert herself, to avoid heavy and junk food," informs Ali.

After being in the hospital for 3 days, Sara was discharged over the weekend. But unable to look after herself, MErchant syas that she is currently with him. "She's staying at my place presently and my mom is taking care of her. She carries her dabba from home and doesn't eat anything on the sets."

The Bidaai girl is now back to work as she has a busy schedule. "Nowadays she shoots for 12 hours instead of 18 hours a day and she even takes rest between the shots. Rajanji is very sweet and caring so he takes special care of her," informs Ali.

The duo swirled to the tunes of Nazre Milana Nazre Churaana from the movie Jane Tu Ya Jane Na on the Nach Grand Finale.
    link: http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/February/News_20090202_1