Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
With the strike on TV stars enjoying time off

Third day of the strike continues today. And while producers and workers are rebelling the TV stars are having a great time enjoying their chutti at home. Read on to see what are they doing in this time?

Through all this, the channel people have been promoting actress Avika Gor (Anandi of Balika Vadhu) and she is busy with that. Apart from this, she plans to do lots and lots of shopping for Diwali. "Main diwali ke liye itne kapde khareedongi ki jinhe main pehente pehente thak jaoon," says the excited girl.

Siddharth Shukla (Shubh of Babul ka aangan.) is busy doing the Lakme Fashion Week all these days for which he's working very hard.

Parul Chauhan aka Ragini of Bidaai is finishing all her work during all these days. She says "I went to the parlour where I was not able to go because of my shooting, and then I will be going for shopping to town with Sara and Ali."

Apart from freaking out with friends, the Maayka guy Romit Raj has got a good opportunity to fulfill all his wishes. He says "Because of the busy schedule, I don't get time to watch movies, which is one of my hobbies. But now, due to the strike I've been watching movies like I saw Buddy of Life, Welcome to Sajjanpur and many others."

Aastha Chaudhary (Babul ka Aangan) is having a good time too, with her family at her hometown in Alvar, Rajasthan for which she left on the very first day of the strike that is Wednesday.

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/October/News_20081024_136

• Vandana Shukla, Hill Road Media
  • Friday, October 24, 2008

• https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1064719

Edited by pinkykhan - 15 years ago
    niveditha thumbnail
    Sara's new friend Saggy

Bidaai actress Sara Khan recently bought herself a very cute pug and ever since she took him to the sets of Bidaai, pup has become everyone's favourite. And now Sara brings him to the sets every single day. Sara's named her one month old pug Saggy.

So what made Sara decide to gift herself a pug?
    'When I spoke to Ali, he gave me this idea and he was the one who actually bought Saggy. I am not all a animal lover'it was Ali who gave me this idea,' says Khan.

Like most of the pugs, Saggy is very active. On the set too, he stays with Sara throughout the day and keeps the whole atmosphere lively and happening 'He plays with everyone on the sets and after every shot he comes running to me. He's so cute that our director actually makes him sit on his lap while we are shooting.'

Saggy mingles with everyone on the sets and gets pampered by them too. While Sara is busy with her shots, her driver takes care of the pug 'It's only when he wants to sleep, he wants me otherwise he plays with everyone. It's almost like he is my son,' says Sara fondly.

And it seems Saggy is very protective of his mistress. 'Recently I was giving a shot where I was crying. Saggy was quietly staring at me and at one point, he started barking loudly' that was so funny,' laughs Sara.

And from what Sara tells us, Saggy is quite a spoilt dog. 'I carry his powder, perfume, his clothes, diapers everything to the sets,' says the Bidaai girl.

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/October/News_20081024_140

• Vandana Shukla, Hill Road Media
  • Friday, October 24, 2008

• https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1064772

Edited by pinkykhan - 15 years ago
    --Pinky-- thumbnail
    Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Now producers go on strike

The television industry remains at a standstill for the second day today as the issues over the workers' strike have given rise to producers revolting against their demands. The demands raised by the union have made the infuriated producers go on strike and they claim that they will remain on strike until they reach a compromise.

< height=250 marginHeight=0 ="https://www.indya.com/commonewsbanner.htm" Border=0 width=300 marginWidth=0 scrolling=no align=center>

Mukesh Bhatt, the chairman appointed by the Film Producers Guild, Indian Motion Picture Producers Association (IMPPA) and Association of Motion Picture & TV Programme Producers says, "We can come to a settlement if they are ready to sit with us. We have agreed to their demands but now they are asking for even more. A producer will bankrupt if he pays so much to them. There are many other expenses that producers have to cover as well."

Siddharth, producer of Dil Mil Gaye says, "We will have a meeting today and speak about it. The decision will be taken keeping into consideration that it has to be economical for the producers, the workers and the channel as well."

Ratna Sinha, who produces Babul Ka Aangan, also feels it is essential for everyone to talk it through and then decide. "The channel's budget holds equal importance. I hope that all of us soon find a solution that suits everyone's needs," he says.

On the other hand, Romit Raj of Maayka and Ghar Ki Laxmi Betiyaan, feels that the workers who are demanding a hike in their salaries should be paid more. But he also stresses that the channel too has to work within a particular budget. He says, "Some guidelines need to be made in the industry, keeping everything into consideration."

When asked about the losses faced and how long he expected the strike to last, Siddharth said, "It's indefinite. I have no idea how long this will take. Every producer has faced losses. There is always a bank of episodes that we have to maintain but now that has been severely affected due to the strike."

Among the stars, Itishree Singh, from Babul Ka Aangan, supports the workers saying, "They work much harder than we do. Their needs should be fulfilled."

Bidaai star Parul Chauhan, however, is neutral on the topic. "All I know is that there is an issue between the workers and the producers regarding wages. Whoever is right should get what they want," she says. According to Parul, they will resume shooting on Saturday.

Shyam Bhattacharya, the producer of Dulhan, refused to comment on the issue.
    https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1064728

--Pinky-- thumbnail

would date Aamna Sharif: Angad Hasija
    by Vidhya Krishnan
    Oct 24, 2008, Bangalore

Short takes from the handsome hunk, one of the protagonists in 'Bidaai...'

~ This week for me was...
    It has been very good though work is quite hectic; we are shooting 18- hours a day, but it has been quite well balanced.

~ My weekend is…
    I would want to spend this entire weekend with my family. Since Diwali is round the corner, I want to visit my parents in Chandigarh, but I have requested for a break and it depends only if I get my leaves.

~My favourite television serial…
    It is definitely 'Bidaai…' and I don't even have the time to catch up on my show.

~ If you were to go on a date with a tele-star, it would be...
    If I had a chance to go on a date with a tele-star, I would date Aamna Sharif. She has a beautiful face and I used to watch her in the Balaji shows and thought that she was really good looking.

~ What are you reading at the moment...?
    I don't have the habit of reading as I find it very boring.

~ The music you are listening to…
    I am not listening to music right now but I prefer soft romantic melodies.

~ One thing I want to change about myself...
    I am a little too shy and reserved by nature which I want to get rid of.

~ Last movie watched…
    '1920'

~ In my free time…
    I hit the gym and catch up with my friends.

~ Last time I went shopping...
    I am a big time shopaholic. I love shopping and make it a point to shop every month. I usually shop only clothes and since I am busy with work the last time I shopped was four months back.

~ Last time I yelled at someone…
    I can't remember because I seldom shout at anybody.

~ Last time I cried...
    It was a few days back where Sara Khan and I were doing an emotional scene and I couldn't control my emotions even after the scene was over; it was not just me who cried but even Sara could not control herself.

https://www.tellywatch.com/telly_columns/angad_hasija_column/october-24-
    2008/angad_hasija_column_short_takes_bidaai.html
    https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1064746

--Pinky-- thumbnail
    New channels a threat?
    24 Oct 2008, 0000 hrs IST, IANS

After the scheduled end of long-running serial "Kyunkii Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thhi" Nov 10, a phase of fatigue on the 'idiot box' might also conclude, as newer channels like NDTV Imagine, 9x and Colors are bringing more variety and meaning in their content for viewers.

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1065352

--Pinky-- thumbnail

What a cracker!
    Dhamakas and diffusions

Bidaai

At a time when most saas-bahu sagas registered a dip in TRPs, the phenomenal success of Rajan Shahi's Bidaai – Sapna Babul Ka is indeed noteworthy. After all, a show that is alleged to be on the same lines as that of Saat Phere and yet come out triumphs. Both the shows speak of the problems faced by dark-skin women of our society. In spite of such striking similarities what is that tilted the scales heavily in favour of Bidaai?

What ever it is, the fact remains that Bidaai is the number rated show across the board. Well, Bidaai just didn't make Parul Chauhan a household name it also altered power equation in Star Plus. Star has been a bastion of Ekta but the channel seems to have found an equal ally in Rajan Shahi. So, out goes Kyunki, Kahani and other ageing soaps of Balaji as Star welcomes another show from Rajan which surely will have TV pundits say 'Yeh rishta kya keh lata hai'.

Bidaai is like the anaar (fountain) which has warmed hearts with its colourful display.

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1065758

214926 thumbnail

Star-expectations for Diwali
    by Vidhya Krishnan
    Oct 25, 2008, Bangalore

With the eve of Diwali round the corner, we caught up with some of our tele-stars for our Diwali-special on what they expect from the festival…Read on...
    Rajan Shahi – I hope this Diwali is bright and prosperous to everybody. Also I wish we have more good times and good shows for television.

--Pinky-- thumbnail

Powerlist of Television - 2008

As Diwali is the festival of wealth and prosperity, lets find out who are the Top Ten Most Powerful Celebrities of Television. Read on to know more...

On the Occasion of Diwali we are listing out 10 most powerful Celebrities of Television.The list has been formed keeping many things in mind, starting from how much moolah they made last year to how much media attention they received. So here is Telly Buzz 's annual list of the 10 most powerful people of television.

The Top Ten most influential celebrities of small screen are as follows:

Ekta Kapoor : The Queen of Soap operas, let's continue to call her this, irrespective of her latest equation with Star Plus, which has turned bitter with her long running shows Kahaani and Kyunki ending or on the verge of ending, still rules as she has given television many popular stars of today, like Ronit Roy, Hiten Tejwani, Rajeev Khandelwal, Prachi Desai, Smiriti irani and many more.

Rajan Shahi : The Crown of Ekta is in real danger, thanks to Rajan Shahi of Directors' Kut and his show Bidaai, which has changed the fortune of many and has almost ended the monopoly of Balaji Telefilms from the Idiot box. As the stats show, Bidaai enjoys the best TRP's of all time and has taken over the prime time slot from Balaji. If the latest rumours are to be believed, then Rajan Shahi's new show is all set to displace Kyunki Saas.

Subhash Chandra : The CEO of Zee Television is 3rd in our list, with many channels and power under his kitty. Zee TV was the first private channel that was launched in India and he has turned television on its head. Recently Zee TV has lost its second place to the newly launched channel COLORS, but to take him lightly and write him off would be a big mistake, as he is determined to rule the small screen all over again!

Sunjoy Wadhwa : The head of Sphere Origin who has given us shows such as Saat Phere, Mohe Rang De, Grihasthi and of course Balika Vadhu. Balika Vadhu has single-handedly changed the fortune of the new and promising channel COLORS, and has turned the tide in its favour. Currently riding on the success of these shows, Sunjoy deserves a spot in our Countdown as his shows are enjoying prime time slots across many channels.

Smriti Irani : If Ekta Kapoor is Czarina of Television, then she is definitely her most famous discovery till date. An actor turned producer, who is now giving her mentor a tough competition in producing shows. As they say, any publicity is good publicity, and the latest showdown on Waaris sets proves just this. Hope the coming year brings Smriti more success in every field, whether it is acting, politics or producing shows, that too successful ones.

Rajeev Khandelwal : One of the latest and successful migrants from Television to Big screen ! He is probably the only actor who even after leaving Balaji camp has survived and in a big way! That's the kind of popularity he holds over television audience across the globe. It does not matter whether he is visible on TV these days or not, but will always be remembered as a product of Television.

Ronit Bose Roy : An actor who was written off by the big screen and embraced by small screen, so much so that even King Khan himself talked about his popularity on TV. His presence in any show guarantees high TRP's and the recent dance reality show Aaja Mahi Way is the latest example where viewers saw the show more for him and less for participants. He is definitely both Badshah and Shahenshah of Small screen.

Hiten and Gauri Tejwani : The most sought after and the most famous and loved couple of small screen. Their journey started with Kutumb and even after many years, they are still going strong and have maintained their popularity. Their fan following is unparallel as their presence is enough to make the audience watch any show or event.

Sharad Malhotra and Divyanka Tripathi : Whether they are a couple in real life or not is still a million dollar question! But they are definitely the cutest couple of reel life. The success of their show Banoo Main Teri Dulhann belongs to them and their onscreen chemistry. They have written their success story, and the many awards and accolades they have won is simple example of their popularity and their stature on television in recent times.

Nivedita Basu : The Creative Director of Balaji Telefilms and right hand of Ekta Kapoor enjoys the tenth spot in our countdown. She has the tenacity to face every obstacle, be it media and actors alike. Her straight forward and tough approach makes her a winner, as she is handling many shows simultaneously and tirelessly.

Now Lets move on to…Top 5 Male and Female actors of Television in the year 2008, The list is purely based on the popularity of their shows and kind of media coverage they have enjoyed in the past one year.

Top 5 Male Actors of small screen:

Sharad Malhotra : Banoo Main Teri Dulhann is still going strong, so is Sharad Malhotra. One of the most talented actors of Television, he enjoys the number one position.

Husein Kuwajerwala : From acting to anchoring to dancing, he is ruling everywhere and enjoys the second spot.

Karan Singh Grover : The latest pinup boy of Small screen has definitely become one of the Biggest stars of television. His instincts with anchoring is an add-on and has got him praise from all over.

Ronit Roy : Kahaani Humaarey Mahabhaarat ki may have failed to impress the audience, but not Ronit Roy, as he portrays a character larger than life and has definitely lived up to all expectations.

Hiten Tejwani : He is the ultimate warrior, very much like his latest onscreen avtaar "Karn" in Kahaani Humaarey Mahabhaarat ki, and enjoys the 5th spot in our countdown.

Top 5 Female Actors of small screen:

Smriti Z Irani : Tulsi and Smriti are inseparable, her popularity is beyond comparison as she was, is and will always be the most loved Bahu of Television.

Divyanka Tripathi : The cutest and most charming bahu of small screen, she ruled television over the last year and sets to repeat her success this year.

Sara Khan and Parul Chauhan : Sisters in the show and best friends off screen, they enjoy the fourth spot in our countdown. They are the new entrants in television arena, and are all set to rule this medium in the years to come.

Juhi Parmar : This is one of the most successful year for this beautiful and talented actor, both professionally and personally.

Neha Bamb : There are many contenders for the fifth spot like Rajshree Thakur, Shubhangi Atre, but she narrowly surges ahead to be at 5th position.

Concept and Author: Nishtha

Banner Credit : Shagun

PS : This List is completely the views of India-Forums' Tellybuzz.

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1067067

--Pinky-- thumbnail
    Shweta's getting a reality check

After Kasauti Zindagi Kay ended, Prerna hasn't been seen in serials, but the beauty is now focussing on reality shows. She is a part of Jalwa 4 2 ka 1, which starts next month and spoke of her experience.

"I am doing more reality shows simply because there are so many of them happening and I am getting many offers," Shweta said, adding that she always found something new to do. "Last time I was a trainer on Yeh Hai Jalwa - and got to learn so many things while training my team," said Shweta, "I learnt I could do comedy, singing, and a bit of dancing. I got the opportunity to reinvent myself. There are so many qualities within us, which we do not know of."
    Before this Shweta was a judge on Aajaa Mahi Vey, of which she says: "Judging is the best bit about being on a reality show. When you're a contestant, something or the other keeps affecting you every week, but when you're a judge, you're there on the sets for just a day. You comment on the performances and come back. Much less stressful!"

Of competing, she said: "I am not a good dancer and so I rehearse a lot," said Shweta, "and when you rehearse anything then you naturally start doing that thing well. So then people start thinking that you are brilliant at it. Acting is all about timing and my timing is good so I am pretty confident that I can do comedy also. My competitors like Mika, Rakhi and Shaktiji are best in their forte."

About her judges she says:" I think Satishji can point out flaws in our comedy very well. He is very good actor, director and a brilliant comedian. Mahimaji will judge our presentation and costumes. But there is a twist in the show: every episode we will have a third, celebrity, judge and we will not know him or her at all."

Shweta considers Rakhi a tough competitor and thinks the item girl is the best amongst the contestants.

So what's next for Shweta on the reality show front?

'Since I have been judge and contestant, I want to now anchor a show," lovely Shweta says.

Jalwa 4 2 ka 1 starts November 2.

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/October/News_20081029_152

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1067592

niveditha thumbnail
    Celebrating Bhai Duuj with stars

Bhai Duuj or Bhai Bhij, which is normally celebrated on the fifth day of Diwali, is being celebrated nationwide today. This is the day when all the brothers are invited to their sister's home and like during Rakhi, on Bhai Duuj sisters put a tilak on their brother's forehead and in return brothers gift them some thing.
    Our small screen stars say that they too have a lot to do on this day...

Parul Chauhan (Ragini of Bidaai) is sad about not getting an off today so she will be celebrating the festival on the sets itself with her reel as well as real life brother "My bhaiya will come over to the sets. I'll put teeka aur kalava badhoongi and then like every year bhaiya will gift me a salwar kameez," says the Bidaai girl.
    Romit Raj's cousin who stays in Delhi has already sent him the rochana (tilak) by courier and he has bought a surprise gift for his sister too which he refuses to reveal.

Reshmi Ghosh (Bhoomi of Kyunki) doesn't have any real brother but she celebrates the festival with her onscreen brothers "I tie rakhi to Amit and Puneet on Rakshabandhan," says the girl. She takes some time off from her busy schedule and does the teeka. In return she gets many gifts like cosmetics, shoes, dresses and sometimes even money. The actress says she loves gifts and she demands them!

Itishree Singh (Shilpa of Babul ka aangan…) who has two brothers tries to take a holiday and goes to her hometown in Kota, Rajasthan but this year she won't be able to. However she tells us how this day is special for her. "Teeka lagati hu, fir haath mein laal dhaaga bandhti hu and in return I get many chocolates of different varieties which I love," says Itishree. After this, the actress goes to a mandir which is very close to her place where there is a grand lungar (feast). "There's this special meal called punchkoot which consists of chawal, mixed vegetable ki bhaji, kaali dal and many other things and it's very tasty. I just love that!" says the excited girl.

Sachin Sharma has gone to Delhi to be with his two elder sisters on this occasion. Explaining the procedure, Sachin says "They put a teeka on my forehead and give me a kacchha nariyal (coconut) jisme bhi teeka laga hota hai. This nariyal I am supposed to cut and eat later...It is said that this nariyal keeps all the bad things away." Sachin has bought a couple of salwar suits for his sisters which he hopes they will like.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/October/News_20081030_160