Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago

New member in Ali and Sara's life

The handsome lad Ali Merchant and beautiful Sara Khan add a cute new member in their family... To know who it is, read ...

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1059350

Edited by pinkykhan - 15 years ago
niveditha thumbnail
Hema Malini heads to Tirupati

Dream Girl Hema Malini is young at heart. The actress who ruled Bollywood film industry for more than 15 years is still growing stronger with every year. This year Hema turns 60! Needless to say she doesn't look her age and even today she can look as stunning as young stars.

"I feel 16 at 60," says Hema with a smile, "I guess age has nothing to do with creativity, but it certainly has a lot to do with maturity and dedication. I have lived life on my own terms and conditions and now when I look back I feel happy about all the decision I have taken."

This year Hema Malini will not be in Mumbai on her birthday (16th October) as she will be visiting Tirupati temple for special puja on that day. Her daughters Esha and Ahana are likely to accompany her.

" The best way to celebrate birthday is by praying to lord for world peace and harmony. In times of terrorism and global financial depression I guess we can only find peace in our prayers," says Hema.

2008 seems to be extremely busy year for Hema Malini. The actress will be playing Rajmata Vijayaraje Scindia's role in Gulbahar Singh's "Ek Thi Rani Aisi Bhi", she will be completing the shoot of Raj Kanwar's "Saadiyan". Hema has also signed Deepa Shahi's first directorial venture opposite Nana Patekar, for which she will be shooting in Shimla from November. Simultaneously she will be performing bharatnatyam and her dance ballet's all across India and abroad.

Hema is also expected to attend parliament sessions amidst all these projects. " It's all about time management and I guess one can do even more than this if we sort out our priorities," says Hema.

To celebrate Hema Malini's 60th birthday Esha and Ahana has planned a special private party at their Goregaon bungalow.

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/October/News_20081016_85

• Hill Road Media
  • Thursday, October 16, 2008

• https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1059357

--Pinky-- thumbnail
    Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
    t is double the work in 'Bidaai': Kinshuk Mahajan

As Rajan Shahi's 'Bidaai' has become a one-hour daily since this week, its stars find themselves pressed really hard for time. We caught up with Kinshuk Mahajan to get an idea of what was going on…

~ This week for me was...
    It has been very hectic since 'Bidaai' turns a one-hour daily from this week; so it is double the work. Also all the more hectic because I purchased a flat and have been running around for that as well.

~ My weekend is…
    I want to take some sleep; I need it very badly. I also want to pamper myself by taking a body massage. I want to switch off my cell phone and spend my entire weekend with my family.

My favourite television serial…
    It is without doubt 'Bidaai'; not because I am part of it but as a viewer, I would prefer watching a soap like 'Bidaai'. I always look from the audience point of view. I don't have the time to watch TV but if I do, I also like watching 'Balika Vaadu'.

~ If you were to go on a date with a telestar, it would be...
    There are lots but I will not mention any names.

~ The book you reading at the moment...
    When I get the time I do some reading; I like reading short stories.

~ The music you are listening to…
    It depends on my mood; I am quite moody. If I am in a party mood, then I would prefer some rocking numbers and if I am down, I would go for melodies or instrumental.

~ One thing I want to change about myself...
    I want to develop time management skills. I want to be responsible on how I balance everything.

~ Last movie watched…
    I love watching movies and have loaded a lot of English and Hindi flicks on IPod. But I really don't get the time to watch movies and the last movie that I watched is 'Vivaah' from which 'Bidaai' was inspired.

~ In my spare time…
    I like spending time with family and friends. I am on the phone in my free time with my family.

~ Last time I went shopping...
    I just purchased a flat recently, which was a very quick decision.

~ Last time I yelled at someone…
    I don't remember and I don't believe in shouting at anybody and seldom do it.

~ Last time I cried...
    It was when I heard the price of the flat that I have purchased; I would rather spend all my salary paying EMIs (laughs).

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1060662

--Pinky-- thumbnail

Short takes from Ashita Dhawan

My Monday was...
    This week was really busy; I was shooting continuously from morning to night. I want to go to the bank and finish up other pending stuff, but I am not finding time for it. I feel sad that I am not even able to spend time with my brother's baby who is just four-months-old. I am also missing my sleep like crazy.

My weekend is…
    I want to go clubbing and I prefer going out during the night.

My favourite television serial…
    It is definitely 'Bidaai'! I also like watching reality shows and I am looking forward to 'Nach Baliye'.

If you were to go on a date with a tele-star, it would be...
    None! I don't believe or understand the concept of blind dates.

What are you reading at the moment...?
    The last book that I read was 'The Secret' and 'The Miracles of Love and Friendship' and I love that book. It talks about true miracles. I was not into the habit of reading, but one of my childhood friends forced me to read a few books which made me fall in love with reading.

The music you are listening to…
    My ears are open to all kinds of music. I like all kinds of commercial, gazals and filmy music. As soon as I wake up in the morning I need to listen to music.

One thing I want to change about myself...
    I wish to have good height. I am just five-feet two inches tall.

Last movie watched…
    I can't remember. I would love to catch up on the latest movies, disregarding whether the movie is a hit or a flop but I am not finding anytime for it.

In my spare time…
    I meet my boy friend, watch movies and basically chill-out.

Last time I went shopping...
    Yesterday! I bought myself two pairs of shoes. Also two dresses and a pair of jeans which cost me a bomb. I am an impulsive buyer; I just buy anything that I find unique and it doesn't matter to me whether it suits me or not.

Last time I yelled at someone…
    It was yesterday at a journalist who had come to interview me. She was in a hurry to finish the interview and didn't have the patience to listen to my answers. So I was quite pissed off with her behaviour.

Last time I cried...
    It was again yesterday, but it is something personal and I do not want to talk about it.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1060660

niveditha thumbnail
    No Diwali chutti for Bidaai

The star cast of Bidaai is working day and night these days as the show has now become an hour long. But actress Parul, who plays Ragini, is a little nervous as she will not get holiday for Diwali thanks to the grueling schedule.
    "I do not think we will get holidays on Diwali. I wanted to go to my native town at least for one day as it is so much fun on Diwali over there. We celebrate it traditionally. First day we have a grand Laxmi puja and then we shop a lot. We invite neighbours and relatives for lunch. Then on the third day it is a very big day as we celebrate Bhai Duj where we bring home a tree with thorns, then we remove the thorns and worship it for our brother so that he will not face any difficulties. More over we chew a bit of that thorn' that basically symbolizes that if we have said any bad thing to him then he will not get affected because of it," informs Parul.
    Parul says she enjoys celebrating Diwali at home with her family. "It is real fun to celebrate Diwali traditionally and with all rituals. These things take place only at our native so I enjoy that. Then we go to our Nani's place too to celebrate it. But this year I am going miss this all as I will be shooting,' says the actress.

But Chauhan hopes to make up for it on the sets.

'We have planned a hawan on our sets on Diwali day and then we will have lunch with our entire unit. This is what our plan is'let's see what happens,' she says.

"Moreover my family also cannot come here, as we have tradition that the eldest married woman of the house performs the Laxmi puja so my mother cannot leave the house and come down here. Also I have told them that if they will come here then I will be busy in my work and will not be able to spend time with them. So it is no use if they come also'' she says sounding disappointed.

All most all daily shows will have only one day off during Diwali week. However since Bidaai is gaining popularity the actors have to work hard to keep that going.

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/October/News_20081021_116

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1062479

--Pinky-- thumbnail

Bidaai has created history: Rajan Shahi
    by Vidhya Krishnan
    Oct 21, 2008, Mumbai

Q: How do you feel about the Bidaai becoming a one-hour daily?
    It came as a challenge to me but before I could give my confirmation, I spoke to the entire unit and only then gave my consent for the one-hour slot. Work now is not easy and involves a lot of efforts from each and everybody to give their best; I am happy that the team has been really positive and supportive which is also very important for facing the challenge. If I am not mistaken, I think this is the first time in the history that a half hour show has become a one hour show and I am very proud about the fact.

Q: Since it is double the work now, do you think it will have any effect on the quality of the show?
    I am more than happy now because since there is lot of work, everybody is conscious about what they do and know the seriousness. I see a lot of improvement for the better. And all the credit goes to the artists and technicians; it is a team effort wherein each and everyone has been working round the clock. However the one-hour slot is only for a short period and is not a permanent thing.

Q: What is the secret behind the success of Bidaai?
    I have a great team and the entire unit is very positive in their intentions. Additionally the simplicity of the story is also a big contributor to the success of the show.

Q: In this day and age, what is it that truly makes a show stand out?
    I don't think there is a clear cut formula and I didn't expect the kind of success that Bidaai got. But I believe that anything that is done sincerely and positively will always succeed. And if there a co-operative team, work becomes simple and yields qualitative results. I desire to give more positive programming on TV and bring a new trend. I also think that the content has to be on the forefront rather than the camera effects.

Q: Some details about your new show Yeh Rishtaa Kya Kehalata hai…
    The promos of the new show are already being shown on TV. The story is about two families and their journey. The emphasis is more on different relationships.

Q: What is the idea or inspiration behind the new show?
    The idea of coming up with a new show was running for quite sometime; it came up on the basis of a good storyline without adhering to the current gimmicks. The production house is called Director's Kut.

Q: Details about the cast in the new show
    There is a mix of fresh faces as well as known faces. Amardeep is also part of Yeh Rishtaa Kya Kehalataa Hai.

Q: Why not the Bidaai team?
    The reason for not casting the Bidaai team was because Yeh Rishtaa Kya Kehalataa Hai is not going to replace Bidaai and is just another show. And the Bidaai team is busy with the one-hour daily.

Q: How different or similar is Yeh Rishtaa Kya Kehalataa Hai from Bidaai?
    I would leave it to the audience to see the similarities and differences between the two shows.

Q: When is the show expected to go on air?
    The date has not yet been given to me but the new show is sure to be in the prime time.

Q: Would you experiment in the reality genre? If you were to get into that genre, what segment would you get in?
    I have no plans of reality shows as of now; I prefer not to plan for the future and would like to move step by step. I want to slow peddle and give my fullest to whatever I am doing at the moment.

Q: What do you generally watch on TV?
    Apart from my show I don't follow any other serials. I mostly watch National Geographic Channel and it feels really good to watch the shows on that channel.

Q: What can we expect in the future?
    As of now the focus is only on the new show and there is nothing really planned for the future.

https://www.tellywatch.com/telly_interview/rajan_shahi_bidaai/october-21-2008/bidaai-rajan-shahi.html

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1062708

niveditha thumbnail
    'Ye mera ghar' says Kinshuk

Kinshuk, Ranbir of Bidaai has recently bought a new flat in Malad and will be shifting there in the first week of November. We spoke to Kinshuk about his new house.

'It's a 1240-1300 sq.feet 3 BHK flat on 27th floor of a building called Trinity,' he says. The Bidaai lad is very excited about his new house as possessing a flat in the building has been his dream from the very first day he set foot in Mumbai. It was the beautiful view visible from this house which inspired him to buy the flat, 'From the 27th floor, the whole city can be seen, especially the film city. The house has a beautiful hill view,' says Kinshuk.

Kinshuk's house has facilities that include a swimming pool, podium park, a club house and an easy reach from the highway. However, the only luxury that the actor regrets not being there is a gym. He hopes it will be built soon.

Presently Kinshuk resides alone in a 1 BHK flat in Seven Bunglows, Andheri where he stays on rent. The actor loves this house too and says, 'The area is nice and there's a beach close by where I hang out with my friends,' Kinshuk says.

The actor has wanted to buy a flat for a long time but was unable to as he was new in the city and was not able to match the budget. But now with his savings and property prices lowering, he is finally able to fulfill his dream.

So, what has he planned for this flat?

'First, I want to buy a very big LCD TV so that one room will be a complete home theatre furnished with just the carpet, a sofa and a single projector to watch movies,' says Kinshuk. He aspires to keep his flat very simple and hasn't decided on the interiors as yet. 'Angad (Alek of Bidaai) was into interiors before he became an actor so he is going to be in charge of all that,' he says.

Priti Puri, who plays his bhabhi in Bidaai, will be his neighbour in the new building. It was her who told him to buy the flat. Apart from her, Megha Gupta (Main Teri Parchhai Hu) also stays in the same building and friends Angad and Mohit (Mile Jab Hum Tum) plan to buy a flat there too. 'I hope all our Bidaai cast shifts here,' says the actor.

Kinshuk's parents, who presently stay in Delhi, will move in with him after 2 years when his younger sister completes her graduation.

Bidaai boy believes in things like Vaastushastra 'House is perfect according to vaastu, I've got it all checked from my property dealer's father who is into it' replies Kinshuk, who even plans to keep Puja at his place once he shifts there.

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/October/News_20081022_124

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1063230

214926 thumbnail

Producers' Body goes on an indefinite strike..

The hectic shooting schedules of television have again gone for a toss, and this time it is the Producers? ...

Rajan Shahi, Producer, Directors' Kut says, 'Yes, Bidaai shoot was also stopped yesterday as the Federation guys entered our sets. As an aftermath to the uncalled-for stoppages in shoot, our association has asked the TV producers not to shoot till we reach an understanding. Whether it is the television industry or the film industry, we all work as a team and it is team work that counts. Every worker is important to the show's success, so I just hope that this halt in proceedings is only for a short span of time, as we too do not want to lose out on our working schedules. I hope we are successful in getting a fruitful outcome which will give rise to a more peaceful co-existence'.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1063201

214926 thumbnail
    Tulsi's 'Kyunki..' comes to an end
    India's most popular television show 'Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' has captured million of hearts for the past 8 years, but in an unprecedented move Star Plus has decided to end the show. Smriti Irani, who is back as Tulsi, couldn't save the show either. What is really surprising though is that Star Plus refused to renew the contract for 'Kyunki' despite knowing the fact that the show has a loyal viewership.

This has come as a big show to Ekta Kapoor as her shows 'Kyunki..', 'Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki' and 'Kausati Zindagi Ki' have all been the key driver shows for Star Plus in the past. Tulsi and the entire 'Virani' family became an integral part of millions of Indian household all across the globe, and it was Smriti Irani's power-packed performance that helped Star Plus score the #1 spot on Indian television.

Star Plus has decided to replace 'Kyunki..' with 'Bidaai' director's new show 'Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai'. 'Kyunki..' has been the landmark show, and millions of viewers will be sad to learn that their favorite Tulsi Virani will no longer be joining them every evening in their family room 'Kyunki.." this is 'The end'.

link: http://www.bollywoodblog.com/category/TV/Indias-landmark-TV-show-Kyunki-Saas-Bhi-Kabhi-Bahu-Thi-to-end-on-November-10th/
    sweet_shagun thumbnail
    Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
    TB ARTICLE

Bidaai asserts its position at the top!!

Rajan Shahi's Bidaai secured a record breaking TVR in the Taj Mahotsav episode which reaffirms its position as the ...

Luv,

Shagun

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1063983