Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 15 years ago
niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
MADHURA' S REVENGE !
[10 Oct 2008]

SARA KHAN HAS HAD TOO MANY AFFAIRS WITHIN THE INDUSTRY

After reading Sara Khan and Ali Merchant's interview in the last month's issue, an extremely incensed Madhura Naik sent me frantic messages telling me that whatever Sara has been talking about her in the article has been a big fat lie. In her first interview with Showtime (July '08), Madhura revealed to the world, how Ali had threatened her of throwing her out of the television industry. All this while, Madhura spoke only about Ali and his threats, and never revealed much about the doe-eyed Sara. But now she won't keep shut as she reveals Indian television's most loved bahu – Bidaai's Sara Khan's antics.

Madhura talks about her initial reaction to Sara's comments about her. "I got to know about the article from Kinshuk (Mahajan), when we were just generally talking. Sara had gone around showing everybody the Showtime article on the sets once it came out, to publicise herself, which she always does. When I read the interview, I got so angry, because she has taken names of actors like Jay Bhanushali, Krystle D'souza and Jatin Shah.

With Krystle, I have shared a very healthy professional relationship during Kahe Na Kahe. We never fought on the sets. If you go and ask Krystle about me, she will not talk negatively. Jay was always a very good friend of mine and I have known him since two-three years. Even with Jatin, I don't have any hang-ups.

I don't think any of these people will tell you that I have a bad reputation because there is nothing like that. It's just made up by Ali and Sara. Now Ali is not saying anything, so I am not going to say anything about him. But Sara, who was silent earlier, has blasted out suddenly and now is saying all the wrong things possible, only to prove me wrong."

In the interview, Sara had bitterly revealed that Madhura had gone with her different boyfriends to places like Bangkok, Dubai and had done many 'things' there. Madhura, on her part, is appalled by the statements made about her and wants to clear the air. "I had gone to Bangkok for four days as I had a shoot there. It is also true that I had gone to Dubai, as I had to shoot for FTV.

My dad is living there and so I also went to visit him. We have our own house where I was staying and I was not living with some 'guy' like all the bullshit that she has claimed. Sara is just jealous that she is not travelling all across India for work and so that's the reason she is saying that I go out with a lot of guys."

From what Madhura reveals, it's the other way round. "Everyone knows how Sara is and how many guys she has been with. When it comes to different guys, it is a known fact that Sara has had too many affairs within the industry and even outside it. I don't want to name the people because there are some respected actors involved and I don't want them to feel insulted. All this while, I have kept shut."

In her earlier interview with me, Madhura had exposed how Sara was dating a certain Chirag Khandelwal, which she had blatantly denied when asked. But Madhura insists they were in a relationship. "Sara is from Bhopal; she doesn't know anybody in Mumbai. Chirag and Sara didn't have any common friends. They just randomly met up at a restaurant when she was drunk and that's how their affair started.

I know what their story was. Everybody on the …Bidaai set also knows how many guys she has gone around with. Just imagine, she comes from Bhopal and she doesn't know anyone over here. And suddenly she starts having boyfriends. Obviously, she doesn't know anyone here, so how is she approaching guys and making friends? And she is putting all the blame on me, as she doesn't want her image to get tarnished."

Clearly unhappy about Sara's comments, Madhura is in no mood to relent and rakes up more dirt on the former. "Sara has a drinking habit and when she gets drunk, she goes around talking crap. That's what happened at her 'after party birthday bash.' She got drunk amidst everybody and in front of my best friend she was using abusive language. She was howling at the top of her voice, 'Tell Madhura Naik that Sara Khan said she is a bitch.'

But this is about my reputation and I will not let her hamper it, come what may."
Madhura also counter-attacks Sara's statements about her not having any class and dignity when she spoke to the press about the threatening calls she got from Ali. "She said that I don't have any class and respect.

What I did was not a publicity stunt. I was suggested by a friend that when people malign your image, you should not keep quite. I am not the kind of person who will listen to people talk bad about me and keep quiet. I am going to stand up for myself."

When Madhura first spoke to the media about Ali threatening her, Ali shot back saying that it was all a drama as if it was really an issue, she should have approached the police and not the press. Madhura argues, "I didn't call the press and tell them I was getting threatening calls. They came to know and so when they approached me, I gave them my quotes as I didn't want to hide this issue.

It's a very embarrassing thing for budding actors and actresses to cause fights amongst each other in the industry. We should be good friends and lead respectful lives. But this girl spoke about my class and my reputation and I will not let her go scot-free."

The leggy model claims that it was she who used to help and support Sara and not the other way round, like Ali has been claiming. "Sara didn't have a car, so I used to drop her all the way to her house late in the night. There were times when we used to be shooting late and so she used to have sleepovers at my place.

She has met my mother; I have cooked and called pizzas for her at my place. I have supported her so much. Even when she was buying a car, she asked me if I would be her guarantor to pay off the loan. And I told her I was fine with it," she says.

Sara raised questions on Madhura's dignity and this has infuriated her the most. "About class, she should know what her class is. When a girl is supporting her so much with her car, house, sleeping, food, she should stay in her limits. She should not turn around and talk about the same girl who supported her. Whatever she is doing will only harm her.

I don't care if she is a superstar or whatever she thinks she is. Bidaai is the No 1 show today, but the show has made her; she hasn't made the show. The success has gone to her head and so she should just snap back to reality. She has come from a small town and she should just learn how to stay in a big city instead of poking around in anybody else's life and try to create misunderstandings."

Hitherto, the Sangam actress had denied that she was dating anyone. But now, after her entire public image coming under scrutiny, and to obviously clear the mess surrounding her name, Madhura has decided to come out in the open about her relationship with businessman-beau Karan Kochar, which she earlier didn't want to talk about.

"I have been dating Karan for more than a year and I don't have any other guy in my life. I have never gone around with any other guy and I don't even meet any other guy for that matter. This is the real thing. Whatever Sara has been going around saying is bullshit and a complete lie."

Apparently, Sara's accusations that Karan called her up to abuse her is just one part of the story. "Karan did call her up but that is because Sara called me before that and abused me. When he called, she denied that she had ever abused me and just hung up."

In her interview, Sara also alleged that it was Madhura who was always after Ali. Madhura refutes that, "But I was never behind Ali. Our common friends' circle and everybody else knows the truth. Sara should go and ask the same people whose names she has mentioned in the article.

She has got the whole thing wrong. Maybe she just wants to protect Ali's image. I am not the kind of girl who will date anyone from the industry, least of all Ali! I will never date an actor as I have my own reasons for it."

According to Madhura, Ali Merchant, known for his Casanova image, was her once-upon-a-time close friend and he even wanted something much more than friendship. "Sara herself told me once that Ali had true feelings for me. She knew it because Ali had told her everything about me. Why the hell would I run behind some guy, especially Ali Merchant? Even if he was the last man on Earth, I wouldn't go for him. Not even in my wildest dreams."

When asked what about Sara's claims that she knows a lot of her secrets, Madhura retorts, "What secrets is Sara talking about? I don't have secrets to keep. And even if I have to share them, I'll tell them to people who are my friends for five-six years and not to someone whom I randomly met on the sets and with whom I have shared a make-up room.

Sara used to come and cry to me and try to gain sympathy from me and I used to sympathise with her. I used to feel sorry for her as she was away from her family and living alone in Mumbai. That's the only relationship I shared with Sara."

Madhura had spoken earlier about Sara's 'bitchy and troublesome' attitude at work since she has been her co-star in …Bidaai. "Forget me; there was another actress in …Bidaai called Shambhavi. Sara had such disgusting fights with her.

In fact Shambhavi left the show and gave her resignation because of this troublemaker. Sara has not left any actor or actress to create misunderstandings with. She has a history of getting into fights and bitching about people. She is the biggest chugalkhor."

She speaks more about the …Bidaai star. "Sara was always behind Ali even before they started dating. She was all over him at some party, smooching in public. I think that shows her class and what kind of an open girl she is. A respectful girl would never do all these things in public."

Scorned by the people she once knew as friends, Madhura has decided to speak against Sara as she wants to protect her reputation and she believes only a girl with self-respect will speak up like she has. "I am talking to you today because I wanted to clear the whole 'me going to different places with different guys' thing. If I keep quiet today, it's going to hurt me. I have to stand up for my own self."

But she does say that this is the last time she's speaking about Sara. "Sara is an insecure woman; she should get over her fears. One day she will fall and regret whatever she has done. She is stupid, silly and I don't think she has done a very intelligent thing by going to the press and badmouthing me. Let the readers know what kind of people Ali and Sara are."

And if you think there are even the slightest chances of any reconciliation between Madhura and Sara, you are obviously wrong. "I keep my attitude the way it is because I don't care what she or anyone says as I know I am clean. Even if Ali and Sara beg to me for the rest of their lives, I will not give them a second glance," she signs off. Well, we think the war has intensified now – let's wait and watch how it ends up.

http://www.magnamags.com/magnamags/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3121&Itemid=224

214926 thumbnail

Doctors on the sets of Bidaai..

Recently while shooting for her dance sequence in Taj Mahotsav, Parul Chauhan had a bad fall which resulted in doctors ...

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1056002

Edited by pinkykhan - 15 years ago
niveditha thumbnail
'Kasturi' makes way for 'Bidaai''

by Meenakshi Shankar

Oct 13, 2008, Mumbai

'Kasturi', the daily soap fom Balaji Productions, has been shifted to the 6.30 pm slot. The show, which is being aired at 9.30 pm, is taken off from the prime time slot to make room for the Rajan Shahi-showcase, 'Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai', which is becoming a one-hour daily show, it is learnt. Earlier it was rumoured that Star Plus would take 'Kasturi' off air or shift it to an afternoon-slot, as it was not happy with the TRPs the show had been generating.

'Bidaai'' is the numero uno TRP-churner for Star. Though the show slipped in its ratings this week and was overtaken by 'Balika Vadhu' on Colors, the channel and the production house were pretty confident that the show would get a firm footing once it is turned into a one-hour daily show.

"Rajan Shahi's another show is in the pipeline. Ready with a bank of episodes, his new show is on yet another plot based on emotions,' informed a close source. When we contacted him, Rajan merely said, "'Bidaai' is my focus right now."

The source also added," Kasturi will now air at 6:30 pm as Rajan Shahi's Bidaai is becoming an hour long show from 13 October and will air from 9:00 pm to 10:00 pm. Kasturi currently airs at 9:30 pm."

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1056963

214926 thumbnail
Hema Malini joins 'Bidaai' team

Bollywood Actress Hema Malini will be seen on 'Bidaai' this week as she will be judging the 'Taj Mahotsav' event; the actress looked gorgeous on the serial sets; she wore a beautiful silk sari coupled with kundan jewelry and armlet. Sara Khan and Parul Chauhan were ecstatic when the dream girl Hema Malini recognized the two on-screen sister by their character names.

Hema, who is a classical dancer, shared that the reason she decided to accept the offer to be a part of the show as she was delighted by the fact that the 'Bidaai' producers are helping with spreading the awareness of the 'Taj Mahotsav' event held in Agra.

Hema's tip for Parul AKA Ragini was to forget all her worries before she gets on the stage and perform like a free bird. The 'Taj Mahotsav' will be grand as Shweta AKA Prerna will dance on the show; Anjali Abrol of 'Raja Ki Ayegi Baraat' will also entertain the guests with her dance act. The evening will be anchored by Manini De.

So get ready to be a party of 'Taj Mahotsav' this week for the on-stage dance-n-drama on the tube with 'Bidaai'.

link: http://www.bollywoodblog.com/category/All-News/Actress-Hema-Malini-to-judge-Ragini-at-the-Taj-Mahotsav-on-Bidaai/
niveditha thumbnail
More work and less play for Bidaai stars

With growing popularity, the Bidaai team has decided to increase the serial's duration from half to one hour. This means the stars have to double the amount of hard work and have to put in more effort than they did earlier.

Parul Chauhan aka Ragini says she has not got any chutti for the last one month. 'Since Bidaai has now become a one-hour long daily; the work pressure has also increased to that extent. I used to shoot for lesser hours earlier but now I am shooting continuously from 7 in the morning to 2 at night,' says Chauhan. The last time she had an off was when the industry went on strike earlier this month. 'Unn teen dino ko chhodke poora ek mahina ho gaya chutti hi nahi mili hai,' she says.

Alekh of Bidaai (Angad Hasija) too holds a similar opinion. He says 'More the duration, more the work' Earlier we used to shoot for 14-15 hours a day, but now it is 19-20 hours and sometimes it's even full day and night shoot. The number of chuttis have also reduced from 3-4 to 1 in a month, so basically there's a lot of work pressure.'

Kinshuk Mahajan aka Ranvir feels that it is their hard work and commitment has resulted in the show being extended to a one-hour show. 'It's true that the work pressure and the work hours have been increased. Like for me earlier it was 13 hours but now that has stretched to 18 hours with no off but the production and the direction team makes it sure that we get rest when ever it is possible.'

Daily shoots with no time off has worried the Bidaai crew and forced them to think about their Diwali plans. 'I want to go to Lucknow for Diwali which is my hometown but I really don't know how will it happen. I just hope that I get chutti to at least do Laxmi Puja on Diwali,' says Parul.

Presently The Taj Mahostav has wrapped up and Ragini and Ranbir have finally met. A new character named Shishir has made an entry too.

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/October/News_20081014_75

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1057993

niveditha thumbnail

Meet the parents in Rajan Shahi's next...

After the stupendous success of Bidaai, Rajan Shahi is ready with his next venture 'Yeh Rishtha Kya Kehlata Hai'. Get to ...

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1057891

niveditha thumbnail
Bidaai makers launch a new show

Producer Rajan Shahi of Bidaai fame is launching his new show Ye Rishta Kya Kehlaata Hai. The show will occupy a prime time slot on Star Plus. Ye Rishta' will be a family drama starring many new faces along with some known ones.

Talking about his new show Rajan reveals, "The show revolves around one couple and their families. It will show the relation between the two families and the journey of the couple as well. Apart from the leads, it will focus on other characters also."

When asked about the cast he replies, "Lata Sabharwal and Sanjeev Seth are there with many new faces. Presently, I can't reveal much about the characters."

Lata Sabharwal confirmed that she is playing the mother of the female lead but refused to divulge any other details about her role. Sanjiv Seth was last seen in 'Woh Rehne wali mehlon ki'

So will we get to see any familiar faces from Bidaai? "Only one actor, Amardeep Jha who plays Nani in Bidaai is common," says the producer.

Talking about the technical team, Shahi says, "There's a nice team with some new people. I'll be working with Rajita Sharma for the first time. She is the creative director as well as the writer. Bidaai's director Rumesh Kalra is the series director for Ye Rishta while Bidaai's cameraman Neeraj Baliyan is the episode director for Ye Rishta."

The promos tell us that the show is set in Udaipur. Shahi informs us that the shooting is still going on there.

"The timing of the show has not been decided yet but it will occupy a prime time slot," Shahi signs off.

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/October/News_20081015_81

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1058727

--Pinky-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi to go off air....

The latest buzz in the industry is that after Kahaani, it's now time for Kyunki to bid adieu.

Rajan Shahi's new show may replace Kyunki

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1058686

niveditha thumbnail
Happy Birthday Dream Girl

Hema Malini is Bollywood's favourite dream girl. At 60, her natural glowing beauty could give any current actress a run for her money. Born on October 16, 1948, Hema Malini is synonymous with graceful dance moves, ethereal beauty, a lilting South Indian accent and spontaneous acting.

She debuted with Sapnon ka Saudagar in 1968 and achieved stardom after acting alongside Dev Anand in Johnny Mera Naam. The doe eyed actress won a Filmfare for her delicious double role in Seeta aur Geeta and has immortalized the character of the vivacious and talkative tongewali Dhano in the cult classic Sholay.

In a career spanning over 40 years, Hemaji has done more than 140 movies. At the peak of her career, she was a versatile actress who never wore revealing outfits and fit easily into any role whether it was comic, dramatic or romantic. Satte pe satta, The Burning Train, Jugnu, Trishul, Naseeb, Kranti, Ek Chaddar Maili Si are some of her memorable movies. People couldn't stop gushing over her radiant beauty in recent movies like Veer Zaara, Baabul and Baghban in which she co-starred with fellow Libran and superstar Amitabh Bachchan.

Handsome Punjab da puttar Dharmendra didn't only woo doe eyed Hemaji in movies like Jugnu, Sholay, Dreamgirl, Satte pe Satta and The Burning Train. The already married man fell for her in real life and married her in May 1980. The couple has two daughters, actress Esha Deol and Ahana Deol.

Winner of numerous awards, Hemaji also tried her hand at directing and launched current superstar Shah Rukh Khan in Dil Aashna Hai. She also directed a TV series called Nupoor. She is also a Bharatiya Janata Party and Rajya Sabha member and supports various social and charitable causes. She hasn't retired completely from movies and will be seen next in Ek Thi Rani Aisi Bhi with Vinod Khanna.

Bollywood hasn't seen a more graceful or beautiful actress than her. We wish this dignified living legend a very Happy Birthday and many more joyful years to come.

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/October/News_20081015_84

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1059285