Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

214926 thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Hello Ranvir, this is Ragini calling?

On 'Bidaai', they have been play phone buddies for a while now, and looks like in real life too Parul Chauhan and Kinshuk Mahajan are quite busy with their cell phone. The occasion was 'Star Parivaar Asia Wedding Fair', and the 'Bidaai' stars Sara Khan, Angad Hansija, Parul Chauhan and Kinshuk Mahajan were dressed as newly weds for the big launch.

Our cameras also captured ?Aaja Mahi Vay' contestants Jashan, Manit, Maneka, Sejal and Kabir at the fair, who were busy shopping for their 'big wedding'.

link:
http://www.bollywoodblog.com/category/TV/Bidaai-couples-Sara-Khan-and-Angad-Hansija-and-Parul-Chauhan-and-Kinshuk-Mahajan-launch-the-Star-Parivaar-Asia-Wedding-Fair-Mumbai/
Quantcast
Edited by minal45 - 15 years ago
214926 thumbnail
Star Parivaar brings screen weddings to real life

by Meenakshi Shankar

Oct 04, 2008, Mumbai

If you always look at the screen longingly every time there is an opulent wedding scene on your favourite soap, Star Parivaar has good news for you. The Star Parivaar Asia Wedding Fair is here and it showcases a variety of designer wedding garments, jewellery and accessories that you see on television.

Fittingly, the exhibition was inaugurated by the cast of Star Plus' lead show – Sapna Babul Ka…Bidaai's cast. Sadhna (Sara Khan), Ragini (Parul Chauhan), Ranbir (Kinshuk Mahajan) and Alekh (Angad Hasija) were present to cut the ribbon at J W Marriot, Mumbai. The event promises to be a visual feast with distinct apparel designs, ethnic Indian jewellery and hand crafted jewellery. The biggest USP of the event, according to the organizers, is that it is high end yet affordable.

Nanette D'sa, Senior Vice President, Licensing & Merchandising, STAR India Pvt. Ltd elaborates, "It's a first of its kind event. Apart from the exhibition, we also have the Star Style Studio, which would provide a platform for visitors to seek expert advice in styling, beauty and fashion. Leading hair stylist Javed Habib and cosmetic experts Chambor will provide a complete make-up solution, whilst stylists from Star would provide design support to the couples to help them choose the right ensemble and create the 'look of the season' with a combination of apparel, jewellery, hair and make-up solutions. "

Star has roped in leading design houses to flaunt their creations at the fair. These include Krishna Mehta, Chhabra 555, Aishwarya Design Studio, Men's Boulevard, Status – Ethnic Men's Wear, Ansh Gems, Aparna & Vishal from Delhi, Bikaneri Jewels - Goldsmith, Cultural Collection of India , Dangayach Jewellers, Esphello Bags, First Divinity, Golecha's Jewels by Vijay Sandeep, Jablonex by Art Group, Jashree Tejas Gandhi, Jewel Ace – Jaipur, Jini's Kolkata/Pune, J.K.J. & Sons Jewellers, Joy Alukkas, Jusra International – Jaipur, Kashiish Fashion Studio, Kajal & Sweta, Lady Grace, Living Stones, Neena & Som Suri, Occasionz Unlimited - Wedding Planners, Paissley Design Studio, P.C. Totuka & Sons, Prasadam Jewels Pvt Ltd (Gauri), Prisha's, Puja Mittal, Raniwala Jewellers Pvt Ltd, Rashmi Doshi, Ratan Dcor, R.T. Star Solitare, Rumi Creations, Saira Fashions - Shawls & Stoles, Sattva, Fashions, Scintillating Jewellery, Sonu Gohil, Spinn Creations – Mumbai, S.R. Jewels, Surrender Fashions, Sunita J - The Couture Jeweller, Tanaaya Jewellery, The Family Cottage, Timannya Fashions, Treasure Diamonds, Varuna D Jani Fine Jewellery Pvt Ltd, Yellow Stone by Ranjita Bajaj & Zebaish.

The stars who descended for the event were visibly elated. When quizzed about her wedding wish list, Sara Khan said, "When I get married, I would wear a gown with a tiara. Ali calls me his princess and that is the look I want to create for my wedding." Her co-star Angad said, "I am going to be dressed in our traditional Indian costume, akin to what I am wearing now." Parul Chauhan was in love with her outfit. In a light green Krishna Mehta ensemble, the excited actress wasn't ready to part with the outfit. She quipped, "Every girl dreams of getting married in her finest. She wants the whole nine yards when it comes to her D-day. And this exhibition is a one stop shop for all those who have grown up on a diet of watching their soap stars walk in their dazzling costumes." And though the gorgeous actress has no plans to tie the knot soon, she whispered, "I can't wait to go out there and start shopping. The jewellery is mind blowing. I feel like I am in Aladdin's cave and there is so much that I want to reach out and buy." And we couldn't deny that the star cast's excitement.

So, if the wedding bells are tinkling for you, we suggest you head straight for the Star Parivaar Wedding Fair. The exhibition will be held at J W Marriot, Mumbai on October 3, 4 & 5, 2008 followed by the second exhibition at The Leela Palace, Bangalore on October 10, 11 & 12, 2008.

link: http://www.tellywatch.com/telly_news/star_parivaar_bidaai/october-04-2008/star-parivaar-wedding-fair.html
214926 thumbnail
Hema Malini to do a cameo on 'Bidaai'

by Meenakshi Shankar

Oct 06, 2008, Mumbai

Dream girl Hema Malini is all set to do a cameo in Rajan Shahi's prestigious show on Star Plus, 'Sapna Babul Ka…Bidaai'.

Hema will be come in as the chief guest of the Taj Mahotsav festival and will bless the show's protagonist Ragini played by Parul Chauhan.

Rajan Shahi was at a loss for words to describe the elation he feels on having Hema as part of the show. "'Bidaai' is all geared up for the grand finale of the Taj Mahotsav. This is the juncture in which Ragini will meet her love Ranveer. We were looking for a high profile-celebrity who had links to the classical dance form."

Going by the grapevine, Rekha and Sharmila Tagore's name was also considered. Infact the buzz is that Hema Malini had decided not to be a part of the show. But, when contacted, Rajan said, "Names were considered, but when it comes to Hemaji's performance and her aura, we knew that it had to be her."

The shooting took place on a Sunday and he said, "The experience of working with a star like Hemaji is truly wonderful. It feels nice to have someone of her stature in the show. The episode with Hemaji will be telecast next Monday (October 13th)."

link: http://www.tellywatch.com/telly_news/star_plus_sapna_babul_ka_bidaai/october-06-2008/star_plus_sapna_babul_ka_bidaai_rajan_shahi_daily_soap_number_one_show_on_star_plus.html
niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Sara picks studies over marriage

Sara Khan (Sadhna of Bidaai) and Ali Merchant have been together for over seven months now but the hot TV couple have no plans to marry soon.

He has always been there for her, for good as well as bad times - last month when Sara was unwell and unable to shoot, Ali took time off every day to visit her in hospital.

The Bidaai girl has been dating dashing Ali and their love life blossomed when they both met at an awards function in March.

Sara also used to visit Ali's mom's beauty parlour in the same building as he lives and that's how they got to know each other better.

So when is the couple getting together for good? "I am not at all planning to get married now; it's too early to speak about it" said Sara: "I will ask Ali and let you know about it whenever we plan to do so" she giggled.

A few days ago, TV industry circles were buzzing with the rumour that Sara would be engaged very soon, so how much truth was there to that? Was she getting engaged this month? "No, not all!" said Sara, "Ali and I are both concentrating on our careers now, we haven't thought even about marriage."

Families play a very important part when talk of marriage happens. And in this case both families are aware of Sara and Ali's love and both families have been supportive of the relationship.

"It's been a long time since our family has known about our relationship," said Sara, "and now we all are a like one big family."

Sara cleared her class 12 exams only this year after which she decided to take a break of one year. She says she now has plans to study further: "I've just taken a one year break, I am definitely going to study further, and I'll do my graduation next year," she said, adding that all thoughts of marriage would come after that.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1052920

Edited by pinkykhan - 15 years ago
niveditha thumbnail
Hema Malini in Bidaai

After potraying full length roles in Terah Panne, Nupur, Amrapali, Jai Mata Di and Kamini Damini (2004) Hema Malini will be seen on the small screen after 4 years. She recently shot for a short sequence in Bidaai (Star Plus) where she'll play a cameo. She will be shown as the chief guest of the Taj Mahotsav festival.
Shweta Tiwari, Anjali Abrol and Vivaan are also doing cameos for the track, but Hema was picked because of her being identified closely with Indian dance. Bidaai's Ragini (Parul Chauhan) has been potrayed as a Kathak dancer, and dream girl Hema would be seen judging her and presenting her an award.
The episode will have the members of Ragini's maayka and Sadhna's sasural all dancing together. This sequence is also when Ragini will meet her phone friend cum lover, Ranbir for the first time.

Parul shot for 48 hours nonstop for the sequence from the 3rd to the 5th and we asked her how the experience of shooting with Hema Malini was. "An overwhelming experience!" said Parul, "I knew right from the first day that we weare planning to get Hemaji to judge the final. I was damn cautious while I was doing my scenes with her so that I would not give any retakes and fortunately this is what happened."

Parul said the senior actress appreciated her dancing and also her dedication to her craft. And she gave Parul some tips: "Hemaji said that for Kathak, one needed to focus on two things: expressions and mudra, and to perfect one's posture."

"What I really liked about her was that she is so down to earth, it was an honour shooting with her," said Parul.

The episode with Hema Malini will be telecast on Monday.

214926 thumbnail

Let's Rename our Favorite Couples!

In this Festive season of Durga Puja and Navratri,let's give our Favorite real life couple new "nick" names...Read ...

Ali Merchant and Sara Khan: The youngsters are much in love which was quite evident when Ali was at Sara's bedside when she took ill. So we thought of giving them a name as vibrant and young as their love. So how does 'AliAra' sound? Beautiful just like this young couple in love?

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1053685

niveditha thumbnail
HEMA IN BIDAAI!!
[06 Oct 2008]
Hema Malini, the original dream girl of bollywood, is all set to play a cameo in Rajan Shahi's daily soap 'Sapna Baabul Ka Bidaai' being telecast on Star Plus.

Hema will act as the chief guest in the on going Taj Mahotsav in the show and bless the lead character Ragini (Parul Chauhan), who is a dance enthusiast. The producer deliberately chose Hema Malini to play the cameo due to her association with classical dance forms of India. It is in this particular episode that the female lead Ragini meets her love Ranveer (Kinshuk Mahajan) for the first time in the serial.

Hema Malini's cameo will also be used by the director to remove the inferiority complex from the mind of the protagonist Ragini, as she has always been feeling uncomfortable due to her dusky complexion. Even her dances are aimed at venting out her frustration due to skin of the color rather than pure art. Presently, shooting is in progress and the relevant episode will be telecast on Monday next.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1053921

--Pinky-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai turns a year old

Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai not only successfully completes a year, but gets an extension and will be telecast for ...

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1054285

214926 thumbnail

Kasturi shifts to evening band..

After the announcement of Bidaai becoming one hour daily, Balaji's prime time show Kasturi has been brought to an ...

214926 thumbnail
Hema Malini to star in TV serial Bidaai

Former Bollywood dream girl Hema Malini is to appear in a top rated TV serial, it has been confirmed.

The yesteryear actress will be seen making a guest appearance in the Taj Mahotsav track in the Star Plus soap Bidaai. This will mark the meeting of love birds Ranbir (Kinshuk Mahajan) and Ragini (Parul Chauhan) who are the show's protagonists. Producer Rajan Shahi's production house Director's Kut chased Hema Malini as she is associated with dance and Taj Mahotsav in the storyline also has the lead girl performing.

A few years back, Hema Malini was seen doing a daily soap Kamini Damini and years back, she had done a show titled "Nupur" with dance as the theme with the dashing Kabir Bedi.

link: http://www.radiosargam.com/films/archives/17602/hema-malini-to-star-in-tv-serial-bidaai.html