Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 16 years ago
Raagini gets angel on Bidaai

There will soon be a twist to the Bidaai story. Manish Naggdev will court Raagini on the Star Plus show, where he plays a positive character.

Manish said he didn't know much about the character he was playing: 'All I've been told is that my character is casted opposite Raagini's and that it's a positive role. My entry would be during a special one-hour episode,' Manish said.

Manish has been called to the sets on Saturday to shoot some of his sequences, and his entry on the sets is going to take a few people by surprise.

'I just know that there will soon be a new entry which will be paired opposite me," said Raagini (Parul Chauhan), "I am unaware of any other fact.'

Rajan Shahi, the show's producer said: "The new character would be Shishir which is played by Manish and he'll be paired opposite Raagini. When the two of them will meet, it will be a cameo. It'll be a very nice angle; it'll be very evolving and interesting.'

Will Shishir get married to Raagini? And if so, then what will happen to the love-story of Ranbir-Raagini, will it get over?

We asked the producer about this''I never said that they'll get married, they won't.You've to watch the show for this, I don't want to reveal much', says Rajan.

It is learnt that his family will approach Raagini's for her hand in marriage but Manish will instead help her get married to her love, Ranbir.

Sara Khan, who plays Sadhana said she was also unaware of developments. "Is it so?" she asked when we broke news to her of Manish's entry, "I've no clue about this."

Manish has previously done Zee TV's Dulhan and 9X'S Jiya Jale. Currently he's also in Santaan.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1045703

Edited by pinkykhan - 16 years ago
214926 thumbnail
A new twist in Ranvir-Ragini love story

For a while, 'Bidaai' viewers have been eagerly awaiting to see what happens when Ranvir and Ragini meet as Anmol and Anamika. However, the man behind 'Bidaai' Rajan Shahi has decided to get a new twist in the story by introducing a third angle to Ranvir-Ragini romance. On the show Ragini's mom and grand-mom are eager that she meets a prospective groom and a new character will be introduced into the show.

Actor Manish Nagdev will be introduced as Shishir on the show and he will be attracted towards Ragini. On other hand, Malti and Avni are busy spying on Ranvir and Ragini and are plotting to expose their relationship in front of their respective families. Destiny takes a new turn for Ragini.

So whom will she end up with, Ranvir or Shishir? Well, it is something you will have to wait and watch, and fans can only hope that this time her 'Babul ka Sapna' of 'Bidaai' comes true.

http://www.bollywoodblog.com/category/TV/A-love-triangle-in-store-for-Ranvir-Ragini-in-Bidaai/#id=3
niveditha thumbnail
niveditha thumbnail
Shweta Tiwari in Bidaai

Shweta Tiwari and Anjali Abrol of Raja Ki Barat fame will make an appearance in Bidaai's special episode which will focus on Ragini and Ranvir.

What's the story here? We asked the director and producer of the hit Star Plus show Rajan Shahi. "Yes, Shweta and Anjali will be performing in the show. It is for an event on the Taj Mahotsav that we've combined with our special episode," he said, "the episode will show Ragini ' Ranvir's story with the background of the Taj Mahal. We have shot most of the episode over there and will finish the rest soon."

So what are we likely to see? "Shweta will be performing on the Aaja Nachle title track and Anjali - Parul will perform on Taal se taal mila," he said, "both Shweta and Anjali will gear up for Ragini."

He said that the scale would dwarf anything seen on television before. "This is going be a huge sequence and a never-seen-before kind of a thing," Rajan said, "there are other actors - Vivan Bathena and Manish Naggdev - who will also make an appearance on the show. Moreover, the entire Rajvansh and Sharma families will be there, so it is going to be a star studded episode!"

The special episode featuring all this will come air around the end of October.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1047214

niveditha thumbnail
Parul's Ramzan fast for Sara

Sadhna (Sara Khan) and Ragini (Parul Chauhan) of Bidaai (STAR Plus) are good on-screen as well as off-screen friends' so close that Parul is fasting with Sarah through the entire month of Ramzan this year.
Parul says she was moved to doing this when Sara spoke to her about her discipline. 'When Sara told me about Ramzan and how the fast was meant to be kept through the whole day and broken only in the evening after reading Namaz, I decided that I will do it this time with her', says Parul.
She normally keeps Navratri fasts every year, and so this year will have two long fasts to keep.

'Parul was very excited right from the beginning when I told her about Ramzan and she decided to fast with me, she is so sweet," says Sara,"she's keeping the fast just for me.'

The girls had a late night shift recently when both were shooting for a Navratri Garba sequence, how did they manage to shoot? 'We read the Namaz in the evening, broke our fast, and then shot through the whole night," says Parul, "then early in the morning, we
removed all our make-up, read Namaz at 5am and got back to our work.'

And the unrelenting pace took its toll that day, says Sara: "We discovered that while shooting for this sequence, both of us fainted on the sets."

Parul explained how. 'It happened because of a dance step where four of us were supposed to hold hands and go round and round' Sara and I lost consciousness and the shoot was held for about half an hour."

Sara has had other health problems too, including spending a few days in hospital this month because of a viral infection. But she says that it's unrelated to the fasting. "I've been fasting many years now and I don't have a problem eating only one meal a day, in the evening."

Eid is expected to fall on the 2nd (the crescent moon must be sighted first) and Navratri begins this week so for Parul it's going to be two fasts strung together.

"It'll be difficult this year," she admits, "but I'll still try." And so will Sara keep her friend company just as she did? She is emphatic: 'Obviously!!! When she can fast for me, why can't I do it for her?' was her answer for buddy Parul.

Right now, the girls are trying to figure out how they will get the time to celebrate Eid as they've to shoot for another dance sequence again the very next day.

• Vandana Shukla, Hill Road Media
  • Monday, September 29, 2008
  • https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1047274

niveditha thumbnail
    Shweta and Anjali to dance in 'Sapna babul Ka'Bidaai'

Shweta Tiwari and Anjali Abrol have given their confirmation to be a part of Rajan Shahi's daily soap 'Sapna Babul Ka'Bidaai'. Earlier, it was rumoured that former superstars like Rekha and Sridevi were approached to do cameos in the show.

When we contacted him, the ace producer said, 'Shweta and Anjali are performing special dance numbers at the Taj Mahotsav in Agra. I have decided to bring in two contrasting actresses, in terms of their looks and personalities. I chose Anjali because she brings in to the show. And Shweta is a veteran in the industry.'
    Shahi added, 'Shweta will perform on 'Aaja Nach Le' and Anjali will dance on 'Taal Se Taal Mila."

Rajan says, "During their performances at the Taj Mahotsav, we will introduce Manish Naggdev and Vivaan Bhatena who will be seen in a special appearance in the show. The Taj Mahotsav culminates in a very interesting story, the best I have seen in five years," concludes an excited Rajan.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1048059

niveditha thumbnail
    Dancing to God's tune

Navratri, the festival of worshipping God along with dance and lots of fun is about to begin. It is one of the most popular festivals amongst Hindus. After nine nights of colour, dance and fun comes 'Dussera' which marks the victory of Lord Rama over Ravana. We asked some of T.V stars about what this festival means to them and how they plan to celebrate:

Smita Bansal who plays little Anandi's mother-in-law in Balika Vadhu(Colors) says that the festival is very special for her. 'Every year l have Ashtami Pujan, that is I'll fast at the seventh day and open my fast at the eighth day (Ashtami),' says Smita. She adds, 'I love going to Phalguni's Dandias but I don't think I'll be able to go this time, I will probably go to the dandia function at my daughter's school.'

But the Navrati that stands out for her was when she was in school, 'Once when I was in school in Delhi, I lied to my parents and went for Navratri Dandia with one of my friends when I wasn't allowed to. Unfortunately we got caught and as punishment we were not allowed to go to school for a week,' recollects Smita.

Parul aka Ragini of Bidaai (Star Plus) will be celebrating Dussera a little differently this year as she will be on set. 'I fast every year throughout Navratri but this year it won't be possible because I am already fasting for Ramzan, but I'll surely try,' says Parul. 'Due to the busy schedule, We (I, Sara, Angad & Kingshuk) have decided that we'll celebrate the festival on the set itself by keeping the Puja on any one of the nine days followed by Dandia,' she adds further.

Neha Baam, Maahi of Maayka (Zee TV) has similar plans. She says, 'Every year at our place Mata's mandap is put up, so I'll go there. I am out of town presently but once I am back, I'll make 'mata ka Prasad'. But this year I will not be fasting.'

She adds that Navratri was the only time when she would get to stay out late. 'Something which I remember and always liked the most about Navratri was that it was only during this time of the year when we used to have a big treat and I was allowed to stay out late with my brother for Dandia,' says Neha.

Reshmi's (Bhoomi in Kyunki) who usually goes home to celebrate Durgapuja will be staying back this year. 'Every year during Durgapuja, I go to Kolkata, my hometown, it's a festival of buying new clothes, eating delicacies, visiting all the pandals etc. It's a time to have loads of fun,' answers excited Reshmi. 'But unfortunately this year I'll be busy with Nach Baliye as I'll be going for its promotion on 8th, but hopefully I'll fast,' she adds.

Rajshri Thakur, aka Saloni of Saat Phere enjoyed the festival the most in her childhood days with her society. She used to get involved with all decoration work and also participated in garba competition. This year she would be shooting and apart from this, she will be 'attending a Puja' at her in-laws place.

We wish all our stars a very happy Navratri!!!

• Vandana Shukla, Hill Road Media
  • Tuesday, September 30, 2008

• https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1048103

niveditha thumbnail
    Sara's wig on fire on Bidaai sets!

Sarah Khan's wig caught fire on the sets of Bidaai on Tuesday and Vivan Bathena jumped to her rescue.
    Explaining what happened Vivan says: "We were shooting for a special episode for Bidaai, where I will be doing a small cameo. We were shooting in Mumbai on the sets when during a scene a lamp fell on Sara's wig and it caught fire."
    Sara was not aware of the hairpiece burning, Vivan says, "I happened to see it and immediately rushed to her to remove it."

The special episode on the serial is one that will show Ragini and Ranvir coming together.

Vivan was able to put the fire out quickly. "Thankfully she was not injured and nothing happened," he said, "I burnt my finger while rescuing her, but it is fine. I have applied anti septic lotion and it is not at all a big injury.'

Talking about his role in the show, Vivan says: "It was just a one day shoot. I have worked with them in Maayka and they requested me to do this appearance, so I agreed to do it."

"I shot with Sara, Kinshuk, Anagad and Vibhaji. I am going to help Kinshuk change his mind: he's confused about whether he should pursue Ragini. So I will try to ease his confusion and play cupid from Ranvir's side.'

Before this Shweta Tiwari, Anjali Abrol, Manish Naggdev have shot for cameos on the show for the special episode which will come on air by month end.

• Sonali Joshi, Hill Road Media.
  • Wednesday, October 01, 2008

• https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1048909

--Pinky-- thumbnail
    Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Eid Mubarak !!

Eid is a thanksgiving day, so let's join in the Celebration of Eid-ul-fitr and greet each other. Our ...

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1049677

--Pinky-- thumbnail
    Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5