Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

214926 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Angad changes lives

The lead actor of Bidaai, Angad Hasija was thrilled to see his fan-following in Agra where they were shooting recently. An animated Angad shares his first brush with stardom.

"People used to come in hordes and used to scream our names. It was such a high as I have never experienced such a thing ever in my life. They waited for our autographs. I remember there were some people who starting thumping on our vanity-van doors to meet us. They even told the production guys that we have become their idols. We had to ultimately come out and meet them. There was this lady who came to me with her daughter's proposal. She was insisting on me marrying her so I told her that I am a schizophrenic but she said that she likes me for whatever I am and was adamant that I get married to her daughter."

"Later in the evening we were invited to a party where I saw a mentally challenged teenaged girl who became visibly excited after seeing me entering the room. May be she could connect with my on-screen character, Alekh. But she kept looking at me. I decided to go upto her and say hello. Her parents then told me that there has been a remarkable improvement in her condition since the time she has started watching me. She was very lethargic with meals but now she eats her meals at regular intervals and drinks orange juice daily as I too drink it in the show. Whatever I have in the show she asks her mother to prepare it the next morning for her.

Just like I do in the show she too has started painting and has also started befriending people. This girl then asked me for an autograph and told me to draw a flower so that it reminds her of me. I eventually started feeling so responsible and happy from inside. It feels great to help someone and I am overwhelmed that I have been given an opportunity to play Alekh which has helped someone get over her shortcomings," concludes Angad.

214926 thumbnail

Ali Merchant

Twenty-three year old actor Ali Merchant is a passionate lover when it comes to gifting his girlfriend actress Sara Khan. Recently Ali gifted his beau an all-white Maruti SX4.

Apparently the story goes somewhat like this: Ali is very fond of big cars and drives a Tata Safari himself. Some time back, Sara had told him that she also liked big cars and was planning to buy a new one soon. In the true spirit of romance, Ali took Sara's wish to be his command and bought the car for her.

"Few days back I went over to her place and told her that there was something special waiting for her downstairs. The two of us then came downstairs and on seeing the new car Sara asked me what it was! I told her that it was for her and she could do anything with it," remembers Ali. Sara apparently got the shock of her life and her happiness knew no bounds.

Ali is currently playing the male lead in a show called Ruby on 9X. The character he portrays -- Yuvraj Oberoi -- is a rich, sweet lover boy. Playing one in real life also, Ali says smiling, "The lover boy image will not leave me. Be it Ambar Dhara, Ek Thi Rajkumari or Ruby. Like the other roles I play, even in Ruby I have designed the look of my role," says Ali.

"One lesson I have learned from my experience and will implement it henceforth is not to work for second fiddle channels. I will work only with the top channel now."

Much as Ali and Sara want to participate jointly in reality shows, they are not being able to take it up due to clash of dates. Both of us work in daily serials and hardly get time for anything else."

214926 thumbnail

Nach Baliye 4 jodis
Though Star Plus is throwing names of cricketers and big stars as participants on Nach Baliye 4, a channel birdie tells us that the contestants are all telly actors! The Wizcraft show is slated to air from October 10 onwards. The names of the jodis doing the rounds include Naman Shaw - Megha, Shaleen Bhanot - Daljit Kaur, Vineet Raina - Tanushree, Sudeep Sahir - wife Anantika, Shraddha Nigam - Karan Singh, Reshmi Ghosh - Amit Gupta, Mohit Malik - Aditi Shirvekar, Sara Khan - Ali Merchant and Kapil Nirmal and Anjali Abrol. Guess they will rope in one or two starry jodis. Farah Khan is one of the judges. The other two have yet to be finalised. Last year's winners Aamir Ali and Sanjeeda will host the show.

Click%20here%20for%20photo%20gallery%20related%20to%20this%20article Enlarge%20Image
Kapil Nirmal and Anjali Abrol
--Pinky-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Bidaai in TellyBuzz Pick Of The Week

Pick of the Week--is BACK!

From the happenings in the serials, we pick Top 3 of the popular serials..as we will keep a close eye on their each ...

Do check out the article at TellyBuzz and leave your comments there.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1041760

--Pinky-- thumbnail
'The lover boy image will not leave me'

Ali Merchant

Twenty-three year old actor Ali Merchant is a passionate lover when it comes to gifting his girlfriend actress Sara Khan. Recently Ali gifted his beau an all-white Maruti SX4.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1040532

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Sara Khan hospitalized

Sara Khan who plays Sadhna in Bidaai was hospitalized for four days because of viral fever. Sara is back home and recovering, her beau Ali Merchant told us.

'She had high viral fever and it was not decreasing at all. So we had to admit her," Ali said, "the doctor was worried she might have dengue. But finally that turned out not to be the case, and after a treatment she recovered.'

"Sara came home two days ago and she was in Saraswati Hospital at Kandivali (Mumbai)," Ali said, "we admitted her there because it was close to my location and I could go there between shoots."

After work, loving Ali would spent the night next to his ailing girlfriend. "I used to stay there with her at night. My friend was doctor over there, so I was quite relaxed about it.'

Ali said he was alone in caring for her, but he did not want for support. 'Sara's parents who live in Lucknow wanted to come here but I assured them that I would take care of her very well, and then they decided not to come," Ali said, "They are keeping the Ramzan fast and it would have been stressful for them to come down. In any case my family is there to take care of Sara. We took her to my place when she was discharged from hospital. My mother's parlour is in the same building so she's being cared for quite well."The fever broke over the weekend.

'Now she is on medication, doctors have advised her to take rest," Ali said. The punishing pace at which TV stars work was revealed by what he added: "Because she was in hospital she had to take leave of 5-6 days.

Her director gave her that concession but she is doing a daily so we cannot ask for more. Now she has to shoot for her show. She shoots only for 5 hours now."

The reason for her fever, Ali said, was "excessive day and night shifts and no rest.'

Recently Ali gifted Sara a white SX4 for her birthday replacing her Swift. We wish Sara a speedy recovery.

• Sonali Joshi, Hill Road Media.
  • Monday, September 22, 2008
  • https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1042352

Edited by pinkykhan - 16 years ago
    --Pinky-- thumbnail

Reason behind BV's success - Angad Speaks

Reason behind Balika Vadhu's success

Balika Vadhu has been on air for less than three months but it has pushed all the leading shows off the top spot and made it its own. The daily soap deals with the sensitive topics of child-marriage and could that be the reason that it has left saas bahu sagas far behind in ther ace for high TRPs?
    What is that special feature about this soap which distinguishes it from other dailies - that's the question we put to the cast of Balika Vadhu. And this is what they have to say:

"I knew the show would do wonders when I read the story for the first time. A different story line is what has made it so popular," says the 11-year-old Avika Gor who plays Anandi in the show.

Smita Bansal who plays Anandi's mother-in-law says, "Conception plays a major role. About Balika I would say that right from conception to direction every thing is very good. The nobility of a small child getting married is what has fascinated the viewers so much."

"Considering the fact that the show has been on-air for the last 2 and a-half months only and Colors being a completely new channel, I think it's a very big achievement for us", says an elated Smita.

The impact of this journey of a minor girl has astonished stars working for other television soaps. So what do other soaps lack that Ballika Vadhu has managed to tap into?

Angad aka Alekh of Bidaai says, " The story line plays a very important role in the game of TRPs. I haven't seen Balika Vadhu personally but I am sure it has a brilliant story line and that's the reason why it's rocking. As far as our show is concerned we all are very hard-workering and our story line is also very strong. Rest everything depends on luck. But I am sure with such a good story line, we would continue to have good TRPs."

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1042251

niveditha thumbnail
    5 TELLY POINTS - Duh duh hota hai
    Article Rank
    < name="selZoom" value="100" ="">
    < name="P1" viewastext="" width="240" height="45"> < name="" value="https://mydomain.com/video.wmv"> < name="rate" value="1"> < name="balance" value="0"> < name="current" value="0"> < name="default" value=""> < name="playCount" value="1"> < name="autoStart" value="-1"> < name="currentMarker" value="0"> < name="invokes" value="-1"> < name="" value=""> < name="volume" value="50"> < name="mute" value="0"> < name="uiMode" value="full"> < name="stretchToFit" value="-1"> < name="lessVideo" value="0"> < name="enabled" value="-1"> < name="enableContextMenu" value="-1"> < name="fullScreen" value="0"> < name="SAMIStyle" value=""> < name="SAMILang" value=""> < name="SAMIname" value=""> < name="captioningID" value=""> < name="enableErrorDialogs" value="0"> < name="_cx" value="6350"> < name="_cy" value="1191"> < ="application/x-mp2" ="https://epaper.hindustantimes.com/Article.aspx?article=24_09_2008_536_002&mode=1" name="objMediaP" autostart="1" current="0" name="" width="240" height="40">
    niveditha thumbnail

Manish Naggdev in Bidaai...

Manish Naggdev, popularly known as Chinu of Dulhann will give tough competition to Ranveer in Bidaai now...

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1044668

niveditha thumbnail
    Sara's 12-hour shift after illness

Sara Khan aka Sadhna of Bidaai has not recovered from her weakness after she was hospitalised with viral fever, but she's back to work. We spoke to her and asked her how she was feeling and why she'd returned only 10 days after being laid up.

Q. Sara, you were hospitalized for four days but now you are back to work - how do you manage shooting?

A. Bidaai is a daily and I've to shoot for that. In between the breaks, I take small naps that are how I manage!

Q. What is your schedule now? How many hours do you shoot in a day?

A. In the morning I wake up and come for shoot. As soon I am done with my shoot, I go home and sleep again, that's how it works. I shoot for 12 hours a day.

Q. Are you undergoing any sort of medication?

A. Yes, I've a course which I've to follow for a month.

Q. Is there any specific diet which you follow?

A. Doctor has strictly adviced me to eat ghar ka khaana and not take any outside food.

Q. Through all this time your family wasn't here, who took care of you?

A. Ali has been very supportive through all these days. He was there with me throughout.

Q. What was the reason you were ill?

A. It was because of excessive work and improper rest. According to the doctor, the blood platelet count in a human body should be 4, 50,000 and my blood count had become 50,000'had it been less than that, it would have been a great problem.

Q. Recently, there was a garba sequence which was an overnight shoot, how did you manage to shoot?

A. It was a late night shoot, what I could do is just take short naps in between the breaks, but it was very tiring.

• Vandana Shukla
  • Thursday, September 25, 2008

• https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1044865