Users

Frequent Posters

--Pinky-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 16 years ago
Talking About 'Teachers' Day
guru gyaan

Ashita Dhawan:

The biggest lesson I have learnt is to do the best and leave the rest to God. This is something I implement even in my day- to- day chores. My teachers also taught me to be good to people without expecting anything in return. So I help people in need and not boast about it. Since I studied in a convent school our teachers always told us that we are constantly watched by The Almighty so I have become God-fearing now. I know whatever I do God is watching me and I will have to pay if I go wrong.

Rajan Shahi:

For me my guru is producer-writer Ravi Rai who has taught me the intricacies and minor details of direction. I have worked for six years under him. He always told me that nothing comes without hard work and there is no shortcut to it. I never sat down with him to understand the detailing. I observed him observing life that I learned whatever I implement today. I have learned a lot from his writing. The biggest lesson still remains to be non-judgmental. When I was working with him I used to be judgmental but now when I am going through the same phase I know how difficult it was for him to take those tough decisions which I happen to take today. One must never question his guru or teachers. Today I feel more grateful and emotionally attached to him.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1032277

--Pinky-- thumbnail

Ashita Dhawan
Transcript of Live Chat with TV Actress Ashita Dhawan on Thursday 4 th September 2008

Ashita Dhawan
TV actress

ashita_d > Hi guys..................

mona > Tell us about your experience when you face the camera for the first time.
ashita_d > I was little nervous...but excited a lot because I love to act and its my dream come true.

mona > If not an actress than.....
ashita_d > May be working with some PR company.
raja > Tell us about your experience working in reality show Zara Nachke Dikha .
ashita_d > It was great...I enjoyed dancing a lot and especially with such talented co-stars.

manu > You would never leave your home without?
ashita_d > Without my wallet and cell phone.

anuj > you character in serial Bidaai is totally different from your real life...what all preparation you have done to make it so lively?
ashita_d > It was a hard task to act as a typical Indian Bahu ...because in real life I am fully Bindass and bold, but my directors and my co-stars helped me a lot and I make it...but I love working in Bidaai as Malti .

anuj > what is your future serials on TV?
ashita_d > Bidaai and Zara nach Ke Dikha ....Planning for two more but they are untitled.

kiraan > Hi ,who among all your co-stars is your favorite.
ashita_d > Parul chauhan as Ragini from The serial Bidaai.

kiraan > Who is the inspiration behind your decision of choosing acting your career?
ashita_d > My mother and friends and I also love acting a lot ...when I was 5 I acted first time on stage and was the winner.

rohan11 > You are doing both a daily soap and a reality show which one you enjoyed the most.....
ashita_d > I can say both because in serial in am playing a character which is a very tough job to make it real and in reality you have to be real and give your best to win ...so both have their own worlds...I love doing both.

rohan11 > Your favorite destination India and abroad?
ashita_d > In India Kerela and abroad Australia.

klllll > Which is your favorite role that you have done so far?
ashita_d > Malti in the serial Bidaai. ...

klllll > What according to you is the essential ingredient to become a successful actor
ashita_d > Hard work, commitments, and your sincerity and your responsibility towards your role.

kabirr > Which is the most memorable moment while shooting for the serial?
ashita_d > The whole serial is memorable for me...so I enjoying every moment of my shoot.

ajitabh > What is the best compliment that you have ever received?
ashita_d > When someone told me that I am a great actress and have a great future ahead.

sasah > who is your inspiration in life?
ashita_d > My mother

ashita_d > Thanks for all the questions and hope you love my acting...love Ashita.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1032476

--Pinky-- thumbnail

Parul Chauhan
Transcript of LIVE Chat with TV Actress Parul Chauhan on Monday , 2 nd June 2008 at 1 pm.

Parul Chauhan
TV Actress

rajesh > Hi Parul I like your serial Bidai.. What happen with you in future are u happy with the development in your character in the future??
parul_c > I don't know how the story will go in future... lets see where the story takes us in future....

kumar > Are you enjoying the role
parul_c > Yes very much.....Ragini is the major character .... I am enjoying this role because I think the role is made for me... everyone loves me a lot all my co-stars, we enjoy a lot ..... We all are having a blast while the shoot...

roha > Hi Parul...Please how you get into the serial Bidaai ?
parul_c > My friend have sent my pictures to Rajan Sir. One fine day he called me and asked me to join the auditions and as soon I entered the office I had positives vibes at that very moment I had a gut feeling that I might get this role and than I got selected .....

roha > Do you think that the story of serial Bidaii somehow related to our current society?
parul_c > Yes the story is taken from the society only. This is the story about every normal person who has faced this discrimination based on our color. I have such example in my family..... so I think it is a story of every house hold.....with this show we are trying to change the mindset of people of our society

roha > What are your upcoming serial? Are there any plans for big screen?
parul_c > No plans as of now .. I am only shooing only for this serial ... I am doing a few TV Ads. I am waiting for my kind of script to make entry in Bollywood. ...

kajal > Who is your favorite co-star?
parul_c > All of them .... Ranbir, Alok ji, Vibha ji I guess all of them have taught me a lot..... I am in love with all of them...

sony > Hi, Parul , what you think that industry is still on safe mode for girls.
parul_c > Actually it is safe... I can only say that if you are right the world is right for you ... just keep your patience.... it completely depends on a person's choice..... One must trust his/ her own capabilities... one day your talent / hard work will be noticed.

sony > Hey Parul, you are doing very well in bidai and proved that color does not matter . Your goodness matter always . Keep it up.
parul_c > Thank you.. So much for the appreciation... keep loving us.

surbhji > Who is your favorite actor
parul_c > SRK

sony > What is your favorite color and outfit.
parul_c > Favorite Color is Pink and Black.....My outfit would be both traditional and western. I go for comfort than fashionable clothes...

kajal > Parul you worked with Ekta Kapoor, Rajshree productions and Rajan whom do you think is best among the three and you enjoyed working with?
parul_c > Rajshree and Balaji both are very good both treated me very well. I was comfortable with both the production houses.Rajan Shahi is like my god... he treats me so well explains me all the scenes very well....

sony > Parul ji if your fans want to talk to you or want to send their wishes and advices too. So there is any way that we all contact you. if than please tell us
parul_c > Well I still have to figure it out....haha. Keep loving me....

raja > Please tell us about your favorite past time?
parul_c > I am a very fun loving person.... I love spending time with my friends. Watching movies, shopping etc.....I love riding on scooty , cooking etc....I m very homely too

raja > One thing you never leave home without?
parul_c > praying....

Signoff Message >
parul_c > Please keep appreciating me ,I am what your love has made me. I will keep on doing good work...

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1032518

--Pinky-- thumbnail

Shooting a music video with Asha Bhosle!

Kinshuk Mahajan, better known as Ranbir from the show Bidaai is a very happy man these days. Originally from Delhi, Mahajan is on cloud nine since he has just finished shooting a music video with legendary singer Asha Bhosle.

"The video will be released on September 8, on the occasion of Ashaji's birthday," informs Mahajan. "What is making me even happier is the fact that she watches Bidaai regularly and selected me after seeing the show on television. She asked her office to get in touch with me after seeing me in the show."

Since Kinshuk was acting in a daily soap, to find two consecutive days off was extremely difficult. "When I communicated this to Ashaji she called up Rajan Shahi (producer of the show) and asked him to release me for a couple of days for the music video," says Mahajan.

The music video has been shot in Malsej Ghat and has Dimple Jhangiani along with Kinshuk Mahajan. "When I got my first call from the production office I thought it was a friend of mine who was playing a prank. I never thought that she herself would select me for a music video with her. It was really a fantastic experience for me shooting with a legend like her," explains Kinshuk who has finished shooting for another video in Switzerland.

"It was for a song sung by Tulsi Kumar," says the 22-year old lad who started his glamour industry journey with the film Delhi Heights where he had a cameo. "I got my first big break when I got a chance in Disney Channel's Dhoom Machao Dhoom. I had been pampered a lot during those days. The production house arranged for a place to stay and even a car with a driver. In Mumbai, that is nothing short of pampering!" remembers Mahajan.

"Dhoom Machao Dhoom was a seasonal show which got over in six months. I took up Kajal on Sony for three and a half months and even before it got over, I got a call from Rajan Shahi to meet him for an audition," remembers Mahajan. The skeptical actor waled into the production office of Bidaai all set for a full fledged audition. But to his surprise, "Rajan Shahi just spoke to me and selected me for the role even without any screen test!" says Mahajan whose character is climbing up the popularity charts with every passing episode.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1032654

214926 thumbnail
Ashita Dhawan: Too hot to handle

She says, "I have really been lucky throughout the show, always getting implausible remarks from both the judges on my performance. And that has strengthened to keep my rhythm moving."

She continues saying, "I am the favourite participant of Chunky sir and whatever I perform he praises me saying - Ashita you were absolutely awe-inspiring and dazzling keep it up girl."

When asked about her co-stars and practice, she comments, "Once the practice session simply took me on a trip. After practice I went back home at midnight and I was just lying on bed thinking about the steps. I was so stressed that I started rehearsing.

The participants are great. We have fun together on the sets. No cold war or fight happens but the only big fight happens on show - that's war of sexes."

Randhir Roy Hill Road Media
link: http://starone.indya.com/specials/znd/news/newsdetails.aspx?xfile=2008/September/znd_20080902_3
214926 thumbnail
Ashita jinxed

On being asked about her experience on the show, this is what she had to say. "1st of all it is extremely difficult for me. But I am thoroughly enjoying myself. My day starts at 7'o clock in the morning and gets over at 2 o'clock in the night, and I am loving every moment of it". Ashita is also working in a television serial called Bidaai. When asked about her schedule this is what she says, "My schedule is extremely tight. But at the end of the day I am content."

But she was in middle of an accident on the location. We asked her to throw some light on the incident. "It was actually a wardrobe malfunction. I was dancing for the retro round. One of the dancers had to unhook my skirt and put it back on. But my dancer did not hook my skirt back properly. As a result my skirt fell off. I managed to hold it and strap it on. Had it fallen I would have stopped dancing. The worst part is this is the third time such a thing is happening with me since I have come on the show. In the first week in the khallas round my dupatta stuck on to my hair clip. Then in the next week the strap of my dress broke. And now this happened. Even yesterday when I was rehearsing I was using a mashaal as a prop. And suddenly in the middle of my dance my mashaal broke. Sometimes I wonder why is it always me?"

But we wish Ashita the best of luck and hope she stays away from bad omen…

Rachit Kamath, Hill Road Media
link: http://starone.indya.com/specials/znd/news/newsdetails.aspx?xfile=2008/August/znd_20080819_15
214926 thumbnail

Bidaai celebrates Success...

Rajan Shahi's Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai has been raking high TRP's and undoubtedly holds the Numero Uno position in Television!!

And to celebrate the success of Bidaai, Rajan Shahi's Director's Kut Productions along with Star Plus hosted a Press Conference followed by a grand bash on 20th August, Wednesday at Sangam Ball Room, J. W. Marriot.

The Press Conference was hosted by Shabaana Mullani and on the dias were present Rajan Shahi, the eldest in the Bidaai family Alok Nath, Sara Khan, Parul Chauhan, Angad Hansija and Kinshuk Mahajan. A nostalgic AV was shown which depicted the progress of Bidaai to the topmost position which was followed by Rajan Shahi addressing the entire gathering present there.

Speaking on the occasion Rajan Shahi, Head of Director's Kut Productions said, "The success of Bidaai can be attributed to the hard work, sincerity and dedication of my team, star cast, channel and the production of Bidaai has been an excellent experience". Rajan Shahi then handed over the mike to Alok Nath who introduced the cast of Bidaai to the media and everyone in the cast shared their experience working in Bidaai.

Followed by the Press Conference was the big bash which was a rocking success as it saw a galaxy of stars making it to celebrate the occasion with the entire cast of Bidaai.

Actors present from the show Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai included Veteran Alok Nath with wife, Vibha Chibber (the woman who played coach in Chak De India), the two young girls Parul Chauhan and Sara Khan, the two male leads Angad Hansija and Kinshuk Mahajan, Seema Kapoor with husband Amit, Ashita Dhawan, Naveen Saini, Amardeep Jha, Shabaana Mullani, Vimarsh Roshan, Avinash Wadhavan with his wife.

Rajan Shahi was seen in an upbeat mood as he personally welcomed all his guests and was very much grateful to see the TV fraternity congratulating him on the success of Bidaai. His fraternity friends who have worked with him, the actors who have worked under him turned up in big numbers. But Rajan Shahi got nostalgic to see Ravi Rai at the party, with who he had worked for 6 long years.

Everyone in the cast of Bidaai, starting from Sara Khan to Parul Chauhan, Alok Nath and many others gave credit to Rajan Shahi and also to the simplistic story telling.

Celebrities who graced the special occasion included Rajshree Thakur of Saat Phere fame, Mona Singh, Juhi Parmar, Rakshanda Khan, Anuj Saxena, Apoora and Shilpa Agnihotri, Amar Upadhyay, Vikas Bhalla, Renuka Shahane and Ashutosh Rana, Twinkle Bajpai, Rupali Ganguly, Kiran Karmarkar with wife Rinku, Sharad and Kirti Kelkar, Sachin Khedekar, Yatin Karyekar, Mahesh Thakur, Moulli Ganguly with boyfried Mazher Syedd, Aanchal Dwiwedi, Rakesh Bapat, Pallavi Joshi with husband Vivek Agnihotri, Vishal Singh, Ali Merchant, Rucha Gujrati, Mohan Bhandari, Rajeev and Rakesh Paul, Kartik Sabharwal, Gaurav Gera, Akshay Anand, Kshiti Jog, Tanushree Kaushal, Vineet Raina, Neeta Shetty, Uttkarsha Naik, Rajesh Khera, Ashiesh Roy, Gajendra Singh, Jayati Bhatia, Anang Desai, Gautam Rode, Shaleen Bhanot, Raju Kher, Mohit Malik, Rushali with husband, Madhura Naik, Reeta Bhaduri, Jay and Kinnari Mehta, Manish Goswami, Deeya and Tony Singh and Rajendra Chawala.

Throughout the party, Sara and Parul were seen together while Kinshuk Mahajan and Angad Hansija appeared together. Kinshuk was doubly thrilled for the fact that his character which was sidelined for a while after his entry is now back on track and is shaping extremely well.

The party went on till the wee hours of the night with the actors hitting the dance floor as if there was no tomorrow!!

link: http://tellyzone.blogspot.com/2008/08/bidaai-celebrates-success.html
niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Angad's a rage in Agra

by Meenakshi Shankar

Sep 08, 2008, Mumbai

Rajan Shahi's Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai is a rage in Agra. We hear that every day, thousands throng to the set to catch a glimpse of their favorite actors. And the story doesn't end there.

Infact, in a strange twist of the tale, we hear that Angad, who essays the 'lead' role in Rajan Shahi's Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai bumped into a fan who is similar to the character that Angad plays in the daily Star Plus show.

The twisty tale continues because we hear that the fan seemingly is on a road to recovery after bumping into Angad and spending some time with the actor. Unlike other actors who walk with a chip on their shoulder, Angad enjoys spending time with his fans. "I am here because of them. And I love spending time with them and listening to their feedbacks. You could probably call it a motivation to work a notch harder."

"When I came face to face with a fan who more or less was like my character, it was a sense of deja vu. It felt nice to be with some one who has become my alter ego of sorts. Yes, it is uncomfortable when the fan following turns into adulation, but at some level, when this particular fan came up to me and we bonded on the sets in Agra, I felt very humble."

"Cliched it may sound, but, when I can make a minuscule difference in someone's life, I feel good."

The Shahi camp is churning out boys with deep seated values! There's no doubt on that...

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1033263

Edited by pinkykhan - 16 years ago
niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Bidaai couple shoots near Taj Mahal

Kinshuk Mahajan, known as Ranvir in Bidaai, returned from Agra on September 8 where he and his on screen lady love Ragini (Parul Chauhan) shot for a romantic sequence near Taj Mahal. Kinshuk gave us details about it.
Explaining the sequence, he says, "Ragini and I are going to meet each other. So far in the show we have not met each other, and our love bloomed on phone calls. There will also be a romantic song."
Kinshuk, who saw the Taj Mahal for the first time, exclaims, "It is such a great monument. Now I realize why it is included in the Seven Wonders of the World. I would surely like to go there with someone special in the future. It is truly a symbol of love. It was a long schedule for us which lasted for eight days so we got to see this wonder everyday."

Right now in the show, the focus is on Ranvir - Ragini 's love track - whether Ranvir will accept Ragini after watching her. She is a dark girl and he had rejected her in past because of this reason. On the other hand Sadhna-Alekh are also trying to give a chance to their relation.

Earlier seen in Asha Bhonsle's album, Kinshuk will now feature in Tulsi Kumar's first solo album. He will be the lover boy opposite a new model.

• Sonali Joshi, Hill Road Media
  • Tuesday, September 09, 2008

• https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1034038

Edited by pinkykhan - 16 years ago
    --Pinky-- thumbnail

At 75, Asha Bhonsle is still swinging

IANS | Monday, 08 September , 2008, 09:25

Piya tu ab to aaja and Dum maro dum crooner Asha Bhonsle turns 75 on Monday, and the evergreen singer is launching a new album of romantic songs to mark the occasion.

Wish Asha on her big day

From pop and cabaret songs to club mixes, romantic numbers, bhajans and ghazals - singing diva Asha has sung it all. The magic of her voice continues to enthral listeners across all ages and inspire budding singers even now.

Having sung for actresses of older films like Madhubala, Nutan, Asha Parekh, Helen and Rekha to giving playback to Urmila Matondkar, Kajol, Karisma Kapoor and Gracy Singh among the newer ones, Asha has contributed to the Indian film industry for more than six decades now.

TV actor Kinshuk Mahajan of Sapna Baabul Ka Bidaai will feature in the music video of the title song of Asha's new album. Asha-ji is like a kid! (awww...Kinshuk...ur tooo chweet!!😳)She is so down to earth and simple.(just like u...😳😳😳)When she called me, she was so sweet to talk to," Kinshuk said.

"It was so nice to know that she was adamant about taking me for the music video. The song is very romantic. I wish her all the best though I don't think I would be able to attend the birthday celebrations," he added.

Asha began her singing career with her first film song Chala chala nav bala for the Marathi movie Majha Bal in 1943.

When she set out to make a mark in Bollywood with her first Hindi song Saawan aaya for Hansraj Bahl's Chunariya in 1948, she faced tough competition from her elder sister Lata Mangeshkar and others like Geeta Dutt, Shamshad Begum, and Suraiya, who dominated the world of playback singing.

Asha showed her charisma with the sensual songs Aiye meherban from Howrah Bridge in 1958, which was picturised on Madhubala, and In aankhon ki masti from Umrao Jaan in 1981. She also sang the evergreen number Chura liye hai tumne for Zeenat Aman in Yaadon Ki Baraat.

Her romantic numbers were also widely lauded with songs like Haal kaisa hai janab ka (Chalti Ka Naam Gadi 1958), Mur mur ke na dekh (Shri 420), Pal do pal ka saath hamara and many others.

"She is simply blessed and her voice is god's gift. Not many have a voice like hers. More than a singer, she is a performer who has a feel for every song. One should see the expressions with which she performs on stage - she enjoys each and every bit of it," new-age pop singer Shibani Kashyap said.

She added: "Her zeal and zest for life is very inspiring. She lives life to the fullest and this is evident from her singing."

Born into the musical family of Pandit Dinanath Mangeshkar, Asha took her initial training in music from her father. Her father died when she was just nine and her training came to an end.

After his death in 1942, the family moved from Pune to Kolhapur and then to Mumbai. Asha and her elder sister, Lata Mangeshkar, started singing in films to support their family.

The year 1957 was the breakthrough year for Asha when music director O.P. Nayyar got her to sing in Tumsa Nahin Dekha, and Naya Daur. Ude jab jab zulfein teri from the latter film still remains a favourite among music lovers.

The same year the legendary S.D. Burman had a rift with Lata Mangeshkar. This came as a blessing in disguise for Asha, who soon became his favourite female singer.

In the 1970s Asha came closer to another legend of Indian music, R.D. Burman, who added a new and stylish dimension to her singing. The songs Piya tu ab to aaja, Dum maro dum and Chura liya hai tumne were a result of this combination. The two also tied the nuptial knot in 1980.

Her ghazals in Muzaffar Ali's Umrao Jaan fetched huge accolades and remain an all-time favourite.

In 1995, a 62-year old Asha did playback for young actress Urmila Matondkar in the movie Rangeela. She pleasantly surprised her fans with superhit songs like Tanha tanha and Rangeela re after which she also sang for Karisma Kapoor in the song Mujhko hui na khabar.

For her contribution to music in Indian cinema, Asha was conferred the Dada Saheb Phalke Award, the highest title in Indian cinema in 2000. She was also honoured with the Padma Vibhushan by President Pratibha Patil May this year.

Asha's popularity goes beyond the Indian shores owing to her various foreign collaborations with artistes like Boy George and Stephen Lauscombe. In 2002, she teamed with Michael Stipe on the track The Way You Dream on the self-titled album by 1 Giant Leap.

In 2006, she recorded an album Asha & Friends with film actors Sanjay Dutt and Urmila Matondkar and cricket player Brett Lee.

Hope this article is allowed to be posted, and is not yet posted!
    source: sify.com

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1034165