Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

214926 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Are Kinshuk Mahajan and Chahat Khanna in love?
The romance on screen in 'Kajal' seems to be translating off screen too as the rumor has it that the very good looking Kinshuk is attracted to his co-star Chaahat. Kinshuk who plays the character of Ranveer in the soap was first just friends with Chahat , but off lately the two have been spending a lot of time confirm friends.

Chahat Khanna who was earlier married has divorced her husband and now the single gal is ready to mingle and is finding love. The only hitch in the relation is that Kinshuk is just 22-years old while Chahat is much older to him, so the actor is not sure if his family will agree to this relation. Chahat is also getting serious about this relation and she hopes this time thinks work out fine for her; Kinshuk has been trying to convince his family of his new 'Chahat or love'.
link: https://www.bollywoodblog.com/category/TV/Are-Kinshuk-Mahajan-and-Chahat-Khanna-in-love/

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1027696

Edited by pinkykhan - 16 years ago
214926 thumbnail
'Kahani Ghar…' comes to an end

Balaji's landmark show 'Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki' which marked itd debut in 2000, will be going off-air as the drama series comes to an end. Parvati Bhabhi has been one of the most loved 'bahu' on the tube, and actress Sakshi Tanwar, who plays the character is quite sad about the show coming to an end.

Sakshi feels that the cast and crew is like a family to her as for eight years she has been shooting for the show and meets them almost every day. The show's popularity has been on a decline and that was a concern for Star TV, who made the decision to replace the show.

'Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki' will be going off-air on October 2nd, and will be replaces by Balaji's show 'Kasturi'. A new show being produced by Rajan Shahi of 'Bidaai' fame will be air of the 'Kasturi' slot.

So Sakshi Tanwar fans can get ready to bid adieu to the greatest 'Bahu' of the 'Desi' tube as 'Parvati Bhabhi's' 'Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki' comes to a happy end.

link: http://www.bollywoodblog.com/category/TV/Parvati-Bhabhi-AKA-Sakshi-Tanwars-tryst-with-Kahani-Ghar-Ghar-Ki-comes-to-an-end/
214926 thumbnail

STAR Plus popular primetime serial, Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai celebrates its success

Published by Jaish at 5:15 am under Hindi Television News, Star Plus, TV Serials

STAR Plus' popular primetime soap, Sapna Babul Ka… Bidaai celebrates its success as it soars on the ratings chart week after week. Poised as the Numero Uno serial on television today, Sapna Babul Ka… Bidaai launched on October 8, 2007. A simple yet intriguing story of two sisters faced with societal pressures because of their skin colour, the show has won accolades by the viewers in less than a year of its launch.

What started off as a modest story of a beautiful girl, Sadhana (Sara Khan) whose beauty overshadows her sister, Ragini's (Parul Chauhan) dark complexion, Sapna Babul Ka… Bidaai today has achieved many milestones with the show rating an average 6.3 TVRs as per the latest TAM research data (Week 32/2008).

Speaking on the success of the show, Vivek Bahl, Sr. Creative Director, STAR Plus, said, "We are extremely humbled by the love and adulation extended by our viewers of Sapna Babul Ka… Bidaai and it is their unending support that has made the show a huge success. We have always endeavored to offer our viewers a variety of concepts and will continue to strive in that direction. Sapna Babul Ka… Bidaai promises to get more captivating in the time to come with an interesting plotline and new twists and turns".

Commenting further on the occasion, Rajan Shahi, Head, Director's Kut Productions, said, "The production of Bidaai has been an excellent experience. The success of Bidaai can be attributed to the hard work, sincerity and dedication of my team, star cast and STAR Plus".

Story so far…

Hailing from a humble, middle class background, an orphaned Sadhana (Sara Khan) lived with her Mama (Alok Nath), Mami (Vibha Chibber) and her dark complexioned cousin sister Ragini (Parul Chauhan). Sadhana's beauty was always perceived as a threat when it came to finding a suitable match for Ragini. On the other hand, the relationship between Sadhna and Ragini blossomed into a beautiful bond as they were inseparable and stood for each other in tough times. Eventually, Sadhna gets married to a retarded Alekh (Angad Hasija) on the condition that Alekh's younger brother Ranvir (Kinshuk Mahajan) will marry Ragini.

Unfortunately, Ranvir returns to India with his girlfriend Sonia in tow, and hence the promise of Ragini and Ranvir's marriage is dishonoured. Soon Soniya's malicious intentions are revealed and she moves out of Ranvir's life paving the way for Ragini again. Incidentally, Ranvir and Ragini bump into each other mysteriously over an accidental phone call and unknowingly fall in love with each other and a new, innocent, story begins.

Story ahead…

Sadhna is shocked to know that destiny has brought Ragini and Ranvir back together but is in a dilemma about disclosing Ragini's real identity to Ranvir for fear of rejection. She decides to give Ranvir a chance to know Ragini as a soul mate before revealing Ragini's true identity to him.

As love blossoms between Ranvir and Ragini, they get increasingly anxious to meet each other but Ragini's innermost fear of being rejected for her dark color comes alive once again. Ragini relents and agrees to meet Ranvir. She calls him to watch her perform at the TAJ MAHOTSAV. Ranvir is elated at the turn of events while Ragini spends anxious moments pondering over her destiny.

Will Ranvir accept her despite her dark colour or will this beautiful relationship breathe its last? Will Ragini's hunt for a soul mate end here or will her physical appearance prove dampener again?

Watch out for Ragini's love dilemma as it unfolds Monday to Thursday, 9 pm only on STAR Plus.

link: http://www.moviejini.com/tvjini/2008/08/star-plus-popular-primetime-serial-sapna-babul-ka-bidaai-celebrates-its-success/
ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Ali to gift a SX4 to girlfriend Sarah

Love is at its hilt for Sarah Khan and Ali Merchant. Recently Ali decorated Sarah's Wagon-R with soft toys and now the actor has gone a step further and is all set to gift a SX4 to his lady love.

Says an excited Ali, 'I am going to gift Sarah a white SX4 as she loves the colour. The car will be delivered at 4 pm and then I will decide whether to go to the sets of Bidaai or call Sara to my place. I am sure she will be shocked to see her gift.'

But why a car? 'I recently bought a Safari Dicor and Sarah was so excited to see it that she said that even she would start saving for a new and bigger car. So I just thought of fulfilling her wish,' answers Ali.

Does she know about it? 'No, she will completely surprised. I have been planning it since the last eight days and I have kept it all hush-hush. After gifting her the car we will go for a quiet dinner with friends like Jay Bhanushali, Jatin Shah and his girlfriend Priya Bhatija and Abigail.'

Ali will now be driving Miss Sarah crazy.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1027792

--Pinky-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Thumbs Up & Thumbs Down - 18th - 22nd Aug

Catch the weekly twists and turns in the serials brought about to capture its audience. A thumbs up where the audience ...

Sapna Ka Baabul Bidaai: The show had indeed some interesting points, with Ranveer-Ragini fight and Sadhna-Alekh's attempt to make Ranveer and his Anamika together, the track was enough to glue in the audience.. Ever since Ranveer and Ragini's "Innocent" Love story has been initiated, the show has picked up ever since! As every day passes, it manages to keep viewers biting nails, so let's see what happens now!

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1027741

--Pinky-- thumbnail
Parul's SRK hangover!

Parul Chauhan of Bidaai was shooting at Film City when one of the production guys told her that there was someone for her in a car. When she went towards the vehicle, she was shocked to see Shah Rukh Khan! He not only recognised her but even called her by her name! Parul had been a participant in King Khan's Paanchvi Pass. So obviously the actor remembered her.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1028903

--Pinky-- thumbnail

'Nothing is OTT in my serial'

Chaya Unnikrishnan Posted online: Friday , August 29, 2008 at 1414 hrs
For the first time in seven years a show other than Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi has made it to the numero uno spot. Des Mein Niklla Hoga Chand had become the number one show at one point, but only for a short while. Now, Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai has sustained itself at the top for over a couple of months. What's more, last week it had notched 6.3 TRPs as per the TAM rating and the serial is yet to complete a year on air. Rajan Shahi who has directed many popular serials like Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin, Maayka, Ghar Ki Laxmi Betiyaan etc forayed into production with this serial under the banner Director's Kut. "This way I monitor the script, acting, editing and see that there is no gap between the creatives and shooting. I am essentially a technician who believes that the director is the captain of the ship," he smiles.

What according to you has worked for Bidaai?
It is the simplicity of the show that has touched the viewer. The sincerity and honesty of the cast and crew has worked. You will not find over-the-top acting in my serial. It is extremely realistic, there's nothing fake in it. The clothes worn by my actors are simple and jell with their characters. My briefing to the team was that the characters will connect with the viewer. In some serials you will see the camera acts a lot. It suffocates even the best of actors. My camera in straight and transparent. There are no gimmicky shots. My biggest achievement is that the show is not just about the fair or the dark girl. There are many dimensions to the story and all the 20 characters have been accepted by the audience.

Do you think the saas-bahu soaps are finally taking a backseat?
You cannot dismiss them. When I look at them I have a lot of respect. Balaji has a loyal audience, which has been with them for seven years. We have just made a beginning. I know how difficult it is get into the top slot and sustain it. I feel initimidated by the No.1 position. Today it is there, tomorrow it may not be there but my work starts at 7 am when I sit on the script and ends at 2 am after I see the editing.

We heard you are making another soap for Star Plus which will replace Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii. Is it true?
I am making another soap for the channel but I don't know the slot. In fact, even when I started Bidaai, the channel hadn't informed me which slot it would be aired. I take that as my lucky charm. Incidentally, I am also in talks with another channel for a serial.

Are you aiming for films?
Yes. Next year I will be getting into co-production of films. But it is too early to take about it.

https://www.screenindia.com/news/Nothing-is-OTT-in-my-serial/353554/

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1030466

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Parul overwhelmed by Bidaai success

Two weeks back Bidaai team celebrated its success party. Parul Chauhan, better known as Ragini of Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai, tells us more.

"It is great that we are the number one show. We are also happy that we have completed a year. We never thought that the show will reach this position," she says.

How has the show's success changed her life? "I have never changed. I am the same from day one. I am as simple as I was .Success has not gone to my head at all. The only thing that has changed is that people now recognize wherever I go and behave nicely with me. I feel very good to receive such reactions and support from them."

On the recent controversies surrounding her, she clarifies, "When any show becomes successful people like to get attached to it some way or the other. Then they start talking false things but we do not get affected by this. Let them say whatever they want to. It is obvious when you become famous there are few good things about you but it is the bad things that get published. You should just ignore it."

Few weeks ago, Ekta Kapoor alleged that Parul and Sara Khan were using her name for publicity.

Meanwhile Parul had a surprisingly pleasant experience when Shah Rukh Khan met her in Filmcity and even recognized her. He stopped his car and chatted with her.

• Sonali Joshi, Hill Road Media
  • Saturday, September 06, 2008
  • niveditha thumbnail
    Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
    --Pinky-- thumbnail
    • Parul overwhelmed by Bidaai success

Two weeks back Bidaai team celebrated its success party. Parul Chauhan, better known as Ragini of Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai, tells us more.

"It is great that we are the number one show. We are also happy that we have completed a year. We never thought that the show will reach this position," she says.

How has the show's success changed her life? "I have never changed. I am the same from day one. I am as simple as I was .Success has not gone to my head at all. The only thing that has changed is that people now recognize wherever I go and behave nicely with me. I feel very good to receive such reactions and support from them."

On the recent controversies surrounding her, she clarifies, "When any show becomes successful people like to get attached to it some way or the other. Then they start talking false things but we do not get affected by this. Let them say whatever they want to. It is obvious when you become famous there are few good things about you but it is the bad things that get published. You should just ignore it."

Few weeks ago, Ekta Kapoor alleged that Parul and Sara Khan were using her name for publicity.

Meanwhile Parul had a surprisingly pleasant experience when Shah Rukh Khan met her in Filmcity and even recognized her. He stopped his car and chatted with her.

• Sonali Joshi, Hill Road Media
    • Saturday, September 06, 2008

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1032328