Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 16 years ago
How Parul becomes Ragini

Parul Chauhan, who plays Ragini in Bidaai, is quite like her role in the show. Parul confessed that she too faced the same kind of problems which Ragini is facing in the show. The actress told us how she gets ready for her role everyday.

Parul says she is not as dark as seen in the show in reality. "They have to tan me everyday. It normally takes two hours for me to get ready. First of all I have to put on base on my face, hands and neck. After this they have some powder of black colour which they mix and make another base. Then I have to apply that base again on parts which are visible in the show."
She adds, "Further normal eye shadow, mascara, liner and everything is there. Then I have to fix up a wig too. It takes too much time everyday but now they have made my face a little brighter than before.

"My skin is very sensitive and even if I shoot for one hour my face becomes tan. However, normally we shoot indoors so they cannot keep my original skin colour for the show. I have to take so many precautions because of this. As soon as I reach home I clean the make up and apply rose water and multani mitti."

Parul has done cameos before this in a few shows but this show gave her fame and name.

Meanwhile, after being neglected for a while, Ragini and Ranbir's romantic track has just started.

• Sonali Joshi, Hill Road Media
  • Tuesday, August 26, 2008

• https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1023993

Edited by pinkykhan - 16 years ago
    --Pinky-- thumbnail
    Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Bidaai clan make merry

by Tellywatch News Desk

Aug 25, 2008, Mumbai

Bidaai clan make merry - A photo feature

All set for posing

All smiles...

Now that is called posing...

Something is funny...

Not really...

Rajan Shahi with his favourites - Kinshuk, Parul, Sara and Angad

Say cheeese...

"Do I look any younger with my goggles and these girls?", asks Alok Nath

Too tired...

Someone is missing...

Some interesting discussion

Rajan Shahi more than happy and ready for the speech...

And so are we ready to listen to the speech...

Rajan's loyalists

We are perfect co-artists...

Having fun...

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1023280

niveditha thumbnail
    ALI MERCHANT AND SARA KHAN
    [26 Aug 2008]

WE JUST WANT TO ENJOY THE BEAUTY OF OUR RELATIONSHIP

Love at first sight? Just the sound of it seems utterly absurd and with our fast-paced and hurried lifestyles, meeting that right someone and knowing instantly that he or she is 'the one' is the stuff only starry dreams are made up of. But then, this is exactly what happened when this youthful tinsel town couple met.

Hard to believe, but it definitely was love at first sight and an instant attraction and desire to know one another as they tell me. I am talking about Sara Khan, whom we all know as the doe-eyed Sadhana of Sapna Babul Ka' Bidaai and Ek Thi Rajkumari's Ali Merchant, who happen to be television's cutest couple right now.

One of the many things that they have in common is their tendency to be in the news. For as long as one can remember, Sara has been making headlines for her infamous tantrum fits on the sets. As for Ali, he was recently accused by friend-turned-foe actress Madhura Naik, of threatening calls, which resulted in an ugly spat between the two, in full public view.

While things seem to have calmed down now, the damage is irreparable. Not on talking terms, Ali speaks of Madhura and the reactions he got from people after the story (Showtime, July 08), 'She doesn't have the bloody guts (to approach him).

Many people called up and told me she is doing all this as she has no kaam dhanda. Now I am not concerned about her. I just laugh over it like it is some comedy show. Madhura is a dumb girl and I am too intelligent to tackle such kind of people. If I talk to her sweetly for two days, she will come back on track, but I don't want to do that as I am busy with my new show.'

While Ali is relatively unflustered about the whole episode, Sara is livid with Madhura for her detrimental comments about her and especially boyfriend Ali. She breaks her stoic silence and lashes out. 'She did all this for publicity. Ali and I are doing lead roles in big serials, while she has done nothing worthwhile at all. I have class and dignity.

But because of her, my name is getting tainted. You can ask Jay (Bhanushali), Jatin (Shah) and Krystle (D'Souza) what kind of a girl she is and they will tell you the truth. I don't want to really talk about girls like her who go out with many guys. As for her claims, she was the one behind Ali. He is a guy after all, but still he told Madhura that he could not have an affair with her as he loved me. I was shocked when I read her accusations. How can a girl be so cheap just for publicity?

Woh apni izzat daav pe laga rahi hain. Which girl with class and self respect would do that? She even mentioned that I don't get along with anyone on my sets. I have been working in 'Bidaai for a year, while she was just there for a few days. But even then she created a lot of misunderstandings between my co-stars. She was a chughalkor and used to do chugli to everyone.'

What about Madhura's argument that Sara had called her up and abused her after the story came out in the media? 'Why will I call her? In fact her boyfriend called me up.

She has a new boyfriend now. So when he called me and told me that Madhura is his girlfriend and that I should be careful, I exclaimed and said 'Oh, so you are Madhura's boyfriend. Which one? Number one, two, three'?' You see, she has always had so many boyfriends! I also happen to know many of her secrets. She has gone with her different boyfriends to different places like Bangkok, Dubai and has done many things there,' she reveals bitterly.

Moving away from that distasteful topic to a much more pleasant one, I ask them about their experience of the 'love at first glance' syndrome. It's clearly Ali who dominates in the relationship, while in his company, Sara is just like her on-screen character ' coy, saccharine-coated and docile.

'My mother owns two beauty parlours. Sara stays about 10 minutes away from my house and so she used to visit them very often. At that point of time, I was doing two shows, so I never did get the time to meet my mom, so I used to go to meet her at the parlour itself. That's when I first saw Sara. I didn't know she was working in ' Bidaai. This kept happening three-four times.'

It's very rare that two people working in the same profession happen to meet one another outside the parameters of their workplace. 'I found Sara very sweet and cute. Whenever she used to take an appointment from my mom, I used to cross check with my mother and ask her what time Sara would be coming. Considering that, I would try to visit the parlour for an hour or two. I used to purposely go there,' he concludes, somewhat sheepishly.

Referring to Sara, he adds, 'Yeh mujhe bilkul bhi bhaav nahi deti thi.' To this playful accusation, Sara speaks for the first time and retaliates. 'I used to give him bhaav.' Ali continues, 'After that we kept bumping into one another. We met a couple of time at a couple of parties. But mainly we got very close during the Sansui awards.'

It's quite an effort to get Sara talking especially when Ali is around and so ignoring him, I ask her when she fell for Ali. 'In the parlour only! I used to keep looking around, to get any glimpse of him. I came to know later that his mother owned the place. Phir dheere dheere baat hui. But it was during the awards that we came closer. And then' no one proposed. It just happened,' she discloses demurely.

Ironically they never believed in instantaneous love until, the time they met one another. 'Strangely, we never believed in that. But love at first sight ho hi gaya!' Sara says, while Ali echoes the same, 'It was very surprising as we both used to discuss that such things existed only in fairy tales. But the instant I saw her for the first time, dil mein ghanti baji. Since then, it's been so beautiful.' They were properly introduced through Kayamath's Jay Bhanushali, who happens to be good friends with the two, and I learn a little piece of trivia.

'Jay and I are the best of buddies. Sara is not insecure about the fact that I would probably look at some other girl. She is more insecure about Jay. Whenever we go clubbing, since Jay doesn't have a partner, he pulls me and we do a little close and dirty dancing and Sara gets grossed out and pissed off and then she just pulls me away,' he laughs naughtily.

Sara too gets hyper at the mention of Jay and explains, 'I tell Jay that I will slap him and kill him. Jay doesn't even let me stand next to Ali!' To lessen Sara's insecurity, the couple has decided to find Jay a girlfriend. 'Someone like Bobby Darling,' jokes Ali.

Their relationship sounds endearing and almost too perfect. But doesn't love fly out of the window, when work pressures and professional commitments come in the way, I inquire. Both of them unanimously voice the same view.

'It is much easier to sustain a relationship when you are working in the same industry. When I am doing a day and night shift, she can relate to it. Any other girl would wonder what work I am doing after 12 in the night. We are aware of the work pressures. Also, we can plan our futures accordingly.'

Not one to shy away from his feelings for his girl, Ali expresses, 'I have to tell you that Sara makes the most amazing food. I am from Mumbai and I have met the best and the worst of women. But Sara is better than the best. She has got the most remarkable values and ethics. I have seen many people who have come down to the big city from small towns and once the Mumbai air reaches their head, they go bizarre.

But she knows how to control herself and be in her limits. She is an extremelydisciplined girl, which I really respect. That inclined me more towards her. She is one girl whom you can not just love but also worship. I worship every bit of her. I am using such deep words but I am being really honest,' he looks dotingly at Sara who gushes at his touching compliments.

'I love Ali but he is very lazy. And he tickles me a lot. He sits on both my legs and then I can't move at all when he tickles. But he is extremely loving and caring. And the best part about him is that he is very understanding. Ali is so sweet and I am a lucky girl to get him in my life,' she says.

Before Ali, Sara had been linked with co-star Angad Hasija but she rubbishes it off as a silly rumour. 'Angad is our very good friend. He was the first one to know about Ali and me. We were present on his birthday too. Besides, he already has a girlfriend. It's nothing like that.' Talking about rumours, Sara and Ali's relationship first came to light when we heard about their engagement.

So are they really engaged formally? Ali clears the air, 'I don't know where it came from. I want to make it very clear that we both are still too young. I am 23 and Sara is 19. How can we think of getting engaged at such an early age? We have a long way to go. We would definitely love to, but not now. Right now we just want to enjoy the beauty of our relationship.'

It would definitely be a treat to watch this talented and lost-in-love couple together in a show. 'We were offered Kabhi Kabhii Pyaar Kabhi Kabhii Yaar. But our dates didn't match. We would love to do something together. I think we will have kick-ass chemistry,' says Ali meaningfully.

His 'Casanova' image is something that could be a cause of worry for the pretty Sara and so I ask him if her presence has brought any change in him. He retorts back at the allegation, 'I don't know how I got this Casanova image. I was a relationship-phobic person.

When my friends used to discuss about getting into a relationship, I used to be like, 'Who will get into a commitment, tolerate the stress and the possessiveness?' I used to respect individuality a lot. But Sara has changed that image quite a lot. My life has taken a 360 degree spin. I have started believing that a relationship is something really beautiful and it's God's gift. There have been loads of people, senior actors, and Sara's well-wishers warning her to be away from me, telling her things like I'm not a nice guy.

But Sara has always defended me, which is something I really respect.' As for Sara, she doesn't believe that she has in any way changed Ali or even if she has like her beau claims, she is blissfully unaware as she naively replies, 'Earlier he was nice. He is still nice. But the one thing I want to change about him is his laziness!'

After a few more jokes, taunts and silly complaints, Sara's tone suddenly turns serious, and she confesses, 'I love him a lot. I can't stay without him.' And Ali takes it further, 'Once you start loving someone, you want to spend the maximum time with that person. Many people say that distance makes the heart grow fonder. But I don't believe that. When it comes to Sara, the more I see her, the more I love her. The more I touch her, the more I want to touch her, the more I talk with her, the more I want to talk with her. Even the sky is not the limit.'

Hands entwined, eyes fixed on one other, and smiles on their glowing faces, Ali and Sara are so in love that you can almost feel it in the air surrounding them. As they start whispering sweet nothings to one another, I take my cue to leave this pair of love birds alone in their paradise. Because I know, if they start talking about one another again, this would be one interview that would never end'

**BY PURVAJA SAWANT

-- k k rai
    https://www.magnamags.com/magnamags/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2738&Itemid=224

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1024863

niveditha thumbnail
    It's all hush hush at the Rajan Shahi camp

by Meenakshi Shankar

Aug 28, 2008, Mumbai

Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai is a success. We don't have to look any further than the TRP ratings which ring in the truth. But we aren't here to talk about the success of Bidaai, but more around the shroud of mystery surrounding Rajan Shahi's new show - a show which, again is set along the same parameters of simplicity and emotions woven around and presented as a beautiful story.

According to a close source, the show was supposed to hit the floor by 24th August. When we caught up with the producer who has been burning the midnight candle, he said, "I wish that was the case. But we are still putting our team together." Probing further, he revealed, "The lead has been finalized. But we are still in the process of finalizing the team."

Unlike the other producers who would reach out to known faces, Rajan prefers to bring to light young and fresh talent. And he strongly condemns the makeovers of 25 year old to 70 year old doddering roles. Instead, he taps the theater for his character portrayal.

When we heard that he's been closely monitoring the grooming of his lead actress for his new show on Star Plus, he admits that an intense grooming process is on. When we questioned him on the defination of 'intense grooming' he said, "Tutoring her on the way to walk, talk, handle questions, remain behind the scenes..."

A veteran in the industry, he says, "With Sara and Parul, I had walked a similar path. I wanted their work to speak for them. It is difficult to keep a leading lady under wraps, but I want her work to speak for herself. I don't want any preconceived notions making a wrong statement."

He further adds, "It's an unknown face and I want my actors to step into the limelight as a blank canvas. It's only when you come with a baggage that you run into hurdles, but when the canvas is blank, it's easier for everyone to paint a picture."

A thought process which won him accolades from the same media who asked him with cutting edge sarcasm "Are these your leading ladies" when he presented Sara Khan and Parul Chauhan. Little did everyone around know that the duo would become household names.

The hush-hush merely lends itself to speculation. But the producer is very confident and yet superstitious about his new show. Without revealing much, he states, "It is a simple story and I would prefer to retain the essence of simplicity." An ideology which he draws from Vivek Behl, the creative head at Star Plus.

Rajan is the man of the moment. Every eye in the industry is focused on Director's Kut. The industry is waiting with bated breath about his next showcase. And the hush hush around it merely lends itself to a whole lot of speculation. He's at the moment taking his Bidaai on an outdoor and is unsure on when the new show would hit the road. "It could be 5 or 15 days. I am just going with the flow..."

Till then, the enigma continues to wrap us around its little finger!

< ="" ="http://www.tellywatch.com//relatedvideo.js">

Edited by pinkykhan - 15 years ago
    --Pinky-- thumbnail
    --Pinky-- thumbnail

It's all hush hush at the Rajan Shahi camp

by Meenakshi Shankar

Aug 28, 2008, Mumbai

Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai is a success. We don't have to look any further than the TRP ratings which ring in the truth. But we aren't here to talk about the success of Bidaai, but more around the shroud of mystery surrounding Rajan Shahi's new show - a show which, again is set along the same parameters of simplicity and emotions woven around and presented as a beautiful story.

According to a close source, the show was supposed to hit the floor by 24th August. When we caught up with the producer who has been burning the midnight candle, he said, "I wish that was the case. But we are still putting our team together." Probing further, he revealed, "The lead has been finalized. But we are still in the process of finalizing the team."

Unlike the other producers who would reach out to known faces, Rajan prefers to bring to light young and fresh talent. And he strongly condemns the makeovers of 25 year old to 70 year old doddering roles. Instead, he taps the theater for his character portrayal.

When we heard that he's been closely monitoring the grooming of his lead actress for his new show on Star Plus, he admits that an intense grooming process is on. When we questioned him on the defination of 'intense grooming' he said, "Tutoring her on the way to walk, talk, handle questions, remain behind the scenes..."

A veteran in the industry, he says, "With Sara and Parul, I had walked a similar path. I wanted their work to speak for them. It is difficult to keep a leading lady under wraps, but I want her work to speak for herself. I don't want any preconceived notions making a wrong statement."

He further adds, "It's an unknown face and I want my actors to step into the limelight as a blank canvas. It's only when you come with a baggage that you run into hurdles, but when the canvas is blank, it's easier for everyone to paint a picture."

A thought process which won him accolades from the same media who asked him with cutting edge sarcasm "Are these your leading ladies" when he presented Sara Khan and Parul Chauhan. Little did everyone around know that the duo would become household names.

The hush-hush merely lends itself to speculation. But the producer is very confident and yet superstitious about his new show. Without revealing much, he states, "It is a simple story and I would prefer to retain the essence of simplicity." An ideology which he draws from Vivek Behl, the creative head at Star Plus.

Rajan is the man of the moment. Every eye in the industry is focused on Director's Kut. The industry is waiting with bated breath about his next showcase. And the hush hush around it merely lends itself to a whole lot of speculation. He's at the moment taking his Bidaai on an outdoor and is unsure on when the new show would hit the road. "It could be 5 or 15 days. I am just going with the flow..."

Till then, the enigma continues to wrap us around its little finger!

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1025602

niveditha thumbnail

Kinshuk proudly says, "Ashaji was trying to get hold of me for her album..."
    by Vidhya Krishnan
    Aug 29, 2008, Bangalore

Our Bidaai stars are in demand'just this morning, we broke the news that Shah Rukh Khan stopped by to say a hello to Parul. And now we hear that Asha Bhonsle is very fond of Kinshuk of Bidaai fame. Seems like the Bidaai clan is setting trends by reversing roles where big screen legendary stars are taking note of small screen buds.And we got the information of Asha's fondness towards Kinshuk from none other than Kinshuk himself in a t'te-'-t'te with Vidhya Krishnan'

We heard that you were mobbed abroad...is it true
    ~ Yes it is true that I was mobbed in Switzerland when I had gone there to shoot for T-series. Actually it was for an album release for Ashaji's 75th birthday party. She was keen to have me as a part of her album. Infact she even spoke to Rajan regarding the dates and arranged it for me. It was a miracle for me when I got to know that Ashaji is fond of me. It feels so good that such a great personality likes me and she is so down-to-earth to have personally arranged the dates for me. I feel on top of the world.

Coming to the point, I was mobbed, mostly girls around (laughs)...there were a few girls who said that they liked Bidaai and my character as well. I got some appreciation too and there was this little boy who came up to me and said that his mother likes me; I was so touched and thanked him.

How important do you think your role is in Bidaai?
    ~ It is obviously very important that too when there has been a romantic element that has begun. With this element pitching in the story, my character too has been given a lot of importance. And people definitely like it which is evident with the good remarks that I am getting. And one thing good about it is that, I have been liked and appreciated by all age-groups which I feel very happy about. And one thing is clear that Bidaai has reached and appreciated by the audience all over the world.

What is the kind of impact that your character has made on people since Angad's character captures the audience's imagination.
    ~ Angad has a different role to play and it is the same with each and every one of us in the show

All the characters are important in their own way and even if one character is removed from the show, the show will lose its charm. I am happy with the character that I am given and will give my best to it. Every character gets the importance and now Ragni-Ranbir romance is the highlight.

Bidaai to you means'.
    ~ I like the simplicity of the show. Real-life situations which are bound to happen and that everything is done by destiny are shown in the story. One can easily relate and connect to the situations.

Any other character in Bidaai that you think, you would have done justice to?
    ~ As I mentioned, I am happy with the character that I am given and will focus on the same to give my best to it. And it is a fact that the casting in Bidaai is also perfect. Everyone's character is given good scope.

What kinds of roles do you like or look for before taking up any project?
    ~ I am an actor and am open for different roles. An actor needs to be versatile and look at giving variety. The story is important for me; I look at it from the audience point of view and see whether it will click with them.

What is the challenge that you see?
    ~ The challenge is to keep performing well and get constant love from the audience. There is also the challenge to look good all the time and get a mass appeal. The natural acting is something that I have been appreciated for and maintaining that and meeting the expectations is also another challenge that I see.

How do you balance between your personal and professional life?
    ~ To be honest, I hardly have the time for my personal life. But that is how it is for an actor, at least during the initial days of one's career. I am in a stage where I have to work hard, give my best and make a name for myself. Once that is fulfilled, the rest will fall in place. There is a lot of time to relax in the future and when that time comes, I am all for my family.

In my free time'
    ~ I love sleeping since I hardly get the time for it. So whenever I get the time, you can find me sleeping tight

Otherwise if I get a holiday, I watch movies, spend time with parents and friends. I make sure that my free time is devoted to my personal life.

Small screen vis-'-vis big screen'
    ~ As far as acting is concerned, I don't see any big difference between the two. But I won't say there is no difference otherwise. If an actor gets an equal amount of name, fame, money, love in both the mediums, I think there is nothing that an artist has got to loose. I am open to both and take whatever I am destined to do.

Daily soaps vis-'-vis Reality shows'
    ~ I have not done any reality shows and it is hard to compare. To start with one can try and prove his mettle in daily soaps and from there on take up reality shows. I think it is better to be familiar with the audience on a reality show but that is not so important for a daily soap. I would love to be a part of reality shows... may be dance shows or even anchoring. It is important for an actor to try out different things.

What do you watch on TV?
    ~ I like watching my shows but I hardly get the time for it. I watch a lot of Star movies, Star Plus, HBO; I am an English buff.

Anybody special in your life?
    ~ I am very much single and ready to mingle.

How do you see yourself three years from now?
    ~ I am sure that the love between the audience and me would have increased from both the ends. I am just 22 and as an actor I want to move up the ladder. I will experience a lot of things and with that I will grow with the flow.

What is in the pipeline?
    ~ Talks for movies are on and I am open to trying different things. Otherwise my focus is Bidaai right now.

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1026712

--Pinky-- thumbnail

Kinshuk Mahajan has a 'Feather in his Cap'...

Kinshuk Mahajan, Ranveer of Star Plus show 'Sapna Babul Ka.... Bidaai' has just completed shooting for a music video with none other than Asha Bhonsle. Read on to know his experience of working with the maestro...
    https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=3098

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1026594

--Pinky-- thumbnail

Parul Chauhan has SRK floored

by Meenakshi Shankar

Aug 29, 2008, Mumbai

Quite often you hear of our telly actors floored by Bollywood stars. And if the stars in question are in the big league category, then our telly actors cannot hold back their enthusiasm. But, in a role reversal of sorts, our birdie whispered that our King Khan stopped his car when he saw Parul Chauhan of Sapna Babul Ka…Bidaai fame and called out to her. Parul was shooting for a sequence and was in her 'Ragini' avatar.

Her earlier encounter with King Khan was on the sets of Kya Aap Paanchvi Paas se Tez Hain wherein; her wit and innocence had floored King Khan.

When we caught up Parul, she was excited. "Can you believe the mighty SRK actually stopped his car and called out to me to exchange pleasantries. I am in cloud nine. He's so down to earth and so comfortable to be with. He's a superstar, and yet, he is so grounded. That's a learning from him that I would like to hold with me. When he called out to me to say Hello, I was tongue-tied. For a moment, I had no clue how to respond to him."

Excitedly, she further adds, "This is King Khan that we are talking about. It's a dream come true for me. I haven't got over my Paanchvi Paas episode with him, but having him stop and say Hello is my moment of fame!"

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1026597

214926 thumbnail
    Kinshuk takes the music-video route

His story track may currently be heartbreaking on 'Bidaai', but his real life is rocking as Kinshuk Mahajan in quite in demand, and will be soon seen in a music video. Pop queen Asha Bhosle was so impressed with Kinhsuk's acting in 'Bidaai' that she has decided to cast him in her next music video.

Sources say that Asha Bhosle called up 'Bidaai' director Rajan Shahi personally and expressed her desire to cast Kinshuk in her pop album's music video. When Kinshuk received the great news he was on cloud nine as he couldn't believe that a legendary singer like Asha Bhosle has made a personal effort to cast him in her pop video.

Kinshuk is quite honored and he can't wait to shoot with the 'Pop queen' which we are sure will be a huge hit considering Kinshuk is a star on the tube. So is Bollywood on the cards for Kinshuk?

link: http://www.bollywoodblog.com/category/TV/Bidaai-Boy-Kinshuk-Mahajan-to-star-in-Asha-Bhosles-next-pop-albums-music-video/