Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 16 years ago
--Pinky-- thumbnail

t's festive time on Star Plus's top slotted shows

by Meenakshi Shankar

Aug 20, 2008, Mumbai

Festive time are moments when the sets come alive. Every function is woven into the script and comes alive with the colors and hues of our Indian culture. And Star Plus's top slated shows - Rajan Shahi's Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai and Shobana Desai's Hamari Devrani celebrates Janmashtami with much fan-fare and enthusiasm.

The entire Janamasthami and palna is laced with Bhaktigeet and showcases tradition and beliefs right from preparation to Mohan's home coming to the keertan to the palna sequence,to the morning puja to the dahi-gulal sequence. The janmashtami celebrations on Hamari Devrani promises a colorful sequence marking every stage of the Janmashtami celebrations with an equal share of family drama entwined with it. The whole 'Nanavati Parivaar' is enthusiastic about the festival and Palna the next day. Bhakti decides to pay obeisance to Ladoo Gopal by celebrating Janmashtami at Nanavati House. As the Nanavatis are upbeat about the impending Janmashtami celebrations and decide to spring a surprise to Bhakti by bringing back Mohan on the very day from Baroda, the jethanis deliberately try to keep Bhakti and Mohan apart on the day of the celebrations.

Coming to Rajan Shahi's Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai a very special temple sequence has been woven into on the occasion of Janmashtami. The beautiful temple at Film City was decorated with flowers and amidst pomp and celebrations began the 'Aarti' for Lord Krishna. Ragini understands her love for her phone friend Anmol i.e. Ranveer and imagines a dance sequence where she is dancing alone, announcing to the world that she is in love and eagerly awaits her love. Parul gave a mind-blowing dance performance on the Saudagar song 'Natkat Bansi Wale Ab Toh Aaja'. When we spoke to Parul, she said, "There is something about this function that makes you fall in love. It's a marriage of emotions and I love being caught in the thread of it. The song that I danced on is a beautiful song and in a way, without you realizing, you fall in love."

Twists and turns, woven amidst the festive plots are part of our daily soaps. Either ways, it is a treat to watch the sets come alive with the festive spirit.

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1019968

--Pinky-- thumbnail

Ashita jinxed
On being asked about her experience on the show, this is what she had to say. "1st of all it is extremely difficult for me. But I am thoroughly enjoying myself. My day starts at 7'o clock in the morning and gets over at 2 o'clock in the night, and I am loving every moment of it". Ashita is also working in a television serial called Bidaai. When asked about her schedule this is what she says, "My schedule is extremely tight. But at the end of the day I am content."

But she was in middle of an accident on the location. We asked her to throw some light on the incident. "It was actually a wardrobe malfunction. I was dancing for the retro round. One of the dancers had to unhook my skirt and put it back on. But my dancer did not hook my skirt back properly. As a result my skirt fell off. I managed to hold it and strap it on. Had it fallen I would have stopped dancing. The worst part is this is the third time such a thing is happening with me since I have come on the show. In the first week in the khallas round my dupatta stuck on to my hair clip. Then in the next week the strap of my dress broke. And now this happened. Even yesterday when I was rehearsing I was using a mashaal as a prop. And suddenly in the middle of my dance my mashaal broke. Sometimes I wonder why is it always me?"

But we wish Ashita the best of luck and hope she stays away from bad omen…

Rachit Kamath, Hill Road Media
https://starone.indya.com/specials/znd/news/newsdetails.aspx?xfile=2008/August/znd_20080819_15

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1020442

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Is success getting to Sara Khan?

Sara Khan, who plays Sadhana in Bidaai, is becoming quite selective after her highly successful character. Sara shot to fame with this show, her debut.

While reminiscing about her old days she said she was not expecting all this fame and that it came as a surprise to her. But when we saw her on own birthday party she came late without even following the theme she had selected for her party.
During the entire party, Sara was busy with the young generation and her beau Ali Merchant. Then, at the success party of the show, she was quite selective while talking to her co-stars. We could hardly see her interacting with anyone except 4-5 of them.

Earlier, Sara was exactly like her on screen character - calm and friendly with everyone, but she has definitely changed. Even when Parul was interacting with the media and the others, she came in between, took her away and gave a tough time to people who were clicking her pictures.

So is this the effect of fame or is she just too smitten by her love Ali Merchant to think of anything else?

• Sonali Joshi, Hill Road Media
  • Saturday, August 23, 2008
  • niveditha thumbnail
    Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Sara Ali's hush-hush engagement
    09 Aug, 2008 06:00 am ISTlReena Thapar Kapoor/INDIATIMES MOVIES

Print

Add your comments

She is the newest face on TV. Sara Khan aka Saadhna of Bidaai fame who recently celebrated her birthday, has been glowing these days. Reason? Sara's friends have been talking about her upcoming wedding. Now this is a shocker because Sara is just 22-years-old.

The man who is said to be involved with Sara is TV actor Ali Merchant. Last seen in shows like Ambar Dhara and Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki , Ali Merchant is busy concentrating on his career. 'But Sara is a big distraction in his life which he doesn't seem to mind,' says a friend of the couple.

Apparently, it was a few days before Sara's birthday that Ali asked the big question. The duo is said to be very serious about each other. 'Marriage is on the cards,' admits Ali. His lady love Sara too is open about her feelings for him. 'I'm not ashamed of him. We're both sure about each other. So why hide it,' says Sara.

But isn't she too young to get married? 'I'm an adult and can make my own decisions. I'm sure that I want to spend the rest of my life with him. When he proposed marriage to me, deep in my heart I knew that this was right,' coos Sara.

The couple might be officially engaged but they aren't rushing into marriage. Contrary to what their friends have been insinuating, they will wait for a while before walking down the aisle.

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1022257

Edited by pinkykhan - 16 years ago
    --Pinky-- thumbnail
    Parul does a take off on Kajol
    11 Aug, 2008 06:00 am ISTlReena Thapar Kapoor/INDIATIMES MOVIES

It?s a known fact that the small screen actors are majorly influenced by the big screen stars. Their style and larger then life attitude is what the TV actors yearn for. And the Bidaai actor Parul Chauhan, is no different. She plays Ragini in the daily soap and is riding high on her small screen 'Kajol? status.

Last week, the girl was informed by the unit members of the show that they were suppose to shoot a romantic rain sequence. ?The brief given to me was that it would be like Kajol-Aamir Khan song in Fanaa ,? says Parul. Obviously, the newcomer was thrilled about the idea of dancing and emoting on the song of the actor who she looks up to.

?I was playing Kajol on small screen and I loved it.? The goof up happened when Parul?s leg gave way and she slipped in a puddle. ?It was a nightmare,? she recalls. ?I fell on my face and hence from my clothes, to my hair, to my body, everything was soiled.?

Apparently, the shooting came to a standstill because Parul took a good two hours to clean up. ?I?d injured my arm and it took me some time to clean up the mess I?d just come out of. I even had to apologize to the entire unit.? Looks like Parul?s dream of aping Kajol has cost her a lot in life. ?You bet,? she laughs.

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1018846

--Pinky-- thumbnail

Saas V/s. Bahu - Kaun Kisse Nachayega...

The Largest and The Biggest Reality show of Indian Television ever, on SaharaOne'Ek Saadeyon Purana ...

Vasu and Avni are participating.

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1021812

--Pinky-- thumbnail
    Hitting the big time

Angad Hasija is a happy and content man these days. And he has every reason to be. His portrayal of the lead role in Sapna Babul KaaBidaai has won accolades from all over, including the media and he is a well-known name in the industry today a dream that he wanted to fulfill ever since he shifted to Mumbai a few years ago.

"Acting has always been a passion for me and I wanted to make it big in the glamour world. I wanted to see a day when people recognise me for my work and I have a big fan following. Thankfully, after Bidaai, that has happened," says the handsome actor who started his career by doing videos of Punjabi songs.

"This was before I shifted to Mumbai in 2006. I was voted Mr Punjab few years back and received a number of offers for doing music videos. I did around 25 music videos and they became quite popular in Punjab. I even walked the ramp for a number of fashion shows," explains Angad. After tasting the initial sweetness of success, he decided to move to Mumbai. "But I knew that modelling or acting in a music video is completely different from acting in a serial and thus I took a short course in acting before asking for roles."

But this was not good enough to land Angad a plum role in Bollywood. "I was offered a small cameo in Kyun Ki…" where he had to play Bhoomi's (Reshmi Ghosh) boyfriend (Angad). This role did not give him celebrity status, but provided Angad with a toehold in the industry.

"People started noticing me and I had something to showcase to my producers when I met them in search of work," remembers Angad. In one such meeting, Rajan Shahi (producer of Bidaai) met Angad and sent him back saying that he had too good a physique and his hair length was more than required for the role.

A dejected Angad went back, but only to return with a new look. "I went back to his office within some days having shed a few kilos and trimmed my hair. He liked my look a lot and the rest happened real fast.

His role in Bidaai, is that of Alekh a schizophrenic who gets very aggressive when he sees people. "...It is a very difficult character to play and I am very lucky to get such a good role," says Angad whose role is often compared with Varun Vadola's in Koshish, Ek Asha.

Angad has a very interesting hobby that sets him apart from the run-of-the-mill actor on Indian television. "I like to write short stories and then describe them through paintings. I wish I get some more time to do it…", laments the actor who is a qualified interior designer and had a showroom in Chandigarh.

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1022556

--Pinky-- thumbnail
    Debutante TV actress Sara Khan on her love for acting, modelling career and her favourite actors.

Born in Madhya Pradesh, she has got the girl-next-door looks. No wonder then that Sara Khan, who is making her debut in a forthcoming serial on a private channel, plays a similar character in the serial as well. LT caught up with her while she was in town for the promotion of her upcoming serial, in which she is playing the lead role.

"Acting comes naturally to me," claims the petite lass, despite the fact that she doesn't have any theatre or filmi background. "Nobody in my family has ever been into the field of acting. But I always wanted to be an actor and I thank my parents for being so supportive and encouraging," says Sara.

Sara believes that there is a lot of hard work in this field, but she is still motivated enough and hopes that she will make it big in the field of acting one day. "I am young and my priority right now is to put in a lot of hard work into my acting. This is the only way I can become successful. In my debut serial too, I am trying to put my best foot forward as the role that I am portraying is quite challenging," states Sara.

Interestingly, Sara, who is making her acting debut in a serial, hasn't watched too many serials because she was more often than not occupied with her studies. "Despite the fact that I haven't watched a lot of serials, I always wanted to work in them. Even if a good negative role comes my way, I will definitely do it," says the pretty looking girl.

So, is she open to the idea of working in films? "Well, definitely. Actually, while working in serials, you get a good platform to showcase your talent and excel in this field," answers Sara.

And who is her favourite actor in Bollywood? "I like Kareena Kapoor a lot and would like to become like her one day. And amongst male actors, I like Shahid Kapur. Both of them look awesome together," says Sara.

Sara, before entering to the field of acting, has done a lot of modelling assignments as well and she is the reigning Miss MP. "I have done a number of ads and modelling assignments in Madhya Pradesh and I have also won the Miss MP 2007 title recently," informs Sara.
    Blessed with the right attitude and oodles of talent this lissom lass is bound to go places.

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1022770

214926 thumbnail
    You cannot compare me with an institution! says Rajan Shahi

by Meenakshi Shankar

Aug 25, 2008, Mumbai

The prime time slots are cramped with the Balaji showcases...also in the pipeline are their upcoming magnum opus, Mahabharatha and Kiran Bedi'Aap Ki Kachehri. Where would Director's Kut make its presence felt?

Excited and nervous about his new showcase, because he knows that a year old, with the right TRP numbers, the industry is watching his every move. Will his second showcase prove to be a better deal than Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai. Will the Shahi magic work its way through the TRP charts helping Star break free from its tried and tested genre?

link: https://www.tellywatch.com/Telly_News/Rajan_Shahi_Sapna_Babul_Kabidaai/August-25-2008/Rajan_Shahi_Sapna_Babul_Kabidaai_star_plus_daily_soap_3.html

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1023283

Edited by pinkykhan - 16 years ago