Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Four days ago I bought two solitaires- Angad Hasija

Money. That's what drives everyone in the final analysis, whether in the glamour world of acting or the hard grind of scripting and producing. Cashin' In sits down with TV celebs to know well they handle their financial matters, and tracks their spending patterns.

Angad Hasija is just one show old (Bidaai) and he has already touched the highest level of success on television. Angad has been receiving critical acclaim for his performance as Alekh, the mentally challenged boy in the show.

Very prudent when handling money Angad shares his money secrets.

How important is money for you?

It is very important to me but not as important as my family.

Are you an impulsive buyer?

Not at all. I think too much before buying anything. My mom tells me to think less while making purchases unlike other mothers who advise their children to think twice before spending money.

What are the investments you have made?

I have not made any investment though I soon plan to buy a house in Mumbai.

What is your most expensive purchase?

Just four days ago I bought two solitaires for my mamma. It is the most expensive purchase of my life.

Do you feel financially secure?

My family owns a construction business, so I never bothered about my financial security till I joined an acting career. Now I fear of not being able to reach their level. At times, I also feel that this is just the beginning of my career and I have a long way to go.

Who handles your expenses?

My cousin brother handles the bigger expenses of mine and I handle my regular expenses.

What was your first salary? What you did with it?

It was Rs. 5,000 for acting in a Punjabi music video. I gave the entire amount to my mom which she offered in the temple.

How much money do you carry every day?

I carry around Rs. 4,000 every day so that I have cash for any emergency or uncalled event.

Do you invest in the stock market?

No. At such an early stage of my career, I don't want to get into all this.

Any advice for investors?

Think a lot about the future prospect of any investment you are making. Opt for the investments that can give you the most fruitful returns.

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
  • Parul denies using Ekta for publicity

Parul Chauhan, who plays Ragini in Bidaai, has denied allegation that she and he on-screen sister Sadhna (Sara Khan) used Ekta Kapoor's name for publicity and that Ekta has filed a case against them.
    Parul says, "The allegations are false. Neither I nor Sara have received any kind of legal notice so far. We do not want to comment on this matter anymore."
    Ekta threw a bash for her buddy Shabbir Alhluwalia two weeks back to celebrate his birthday. The entire Balaji camp and Shabbir's pal attended party. It is said that both Sara and Parul were invited for it but did not attend.

A source close to Sara and Parul confirms, "It is true they were invited for the party but did not go for some reason. They did not do it publicity as their show is already successful."

Ekta has been fond of both girls and has praised them too for their work too. She had also said that she was going to cast them in another show. But now it seems that Ekta is in a bad mood.

This is Sara's first show while Parul has worked with Balaji in the past. However, it was Bidaai that made stars out of both.

• Sonali Joshi , Hill Road Media
  • Tuesday, August 19, 2008

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1019204

Edited by pinkykhan - 16 years ago
--Pinky-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Vande Mataram!

Everybody loves freedom. Everybody wants it, as it is an opportunity to own your own destiny!! As we celebrate our ...

hey this is the link
--Pinky-- thumbnail
What freedom means to our tellystars...
by Vidhya Krishnan & Meenakshi Shankar
Aug 14, 2008, Bangalore

Angad Freedom to me...is about choices! It is about living my life without the diktats of others. Freedom to me is walking around without any fear...without looking over my shoulder and worry about what is in store. Freedom to me is seeing people live their life to the fullest and walk with a smile on them. This Independence Day is very special because I am spending it with people who really matter and who have been instrumental in shaping my life...my family. We are planning to spend the day catching movies. Singh is King is on the priority list! My mother has flown down from Chandigarh and I want to show her the best of Mumbai.

Alok Nath…Happiness is freedom to me... freedom is being one's own master but not misuse it. Independence Day is a very important day. This time I will be busy working with work and don't have a holiday. All I can do is pray for everybody especially for our freedom fighters.

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1016446

--Pinky-- thumbnail

Raksha Bandhan..a thread of Love!

Raksha Bandhan a festival of of love, faith and protection is being celebrated all over India today.. Let's see ..

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=3029
--Pinky-- thumbnail

Sara Khan on an equal footing with fashion
by Vidhya Krishnan
Aug 18, 2008, Mumbai

Fashion to me is… Everything! We created it and we are responsible for it. It is not just about picking what is comfortable, but it is about identifying what looks good and carrying it with an attitude.

Brands that I dig on... D&G, Adidas, Reebok. I am not very particular about brands; I pick what appeals to me.

At home, you would find me lounging in….a pair of jeans or shorts.

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1018404

--Pinky-- thumbnail
Lord Krishna blesses Ranveer-Ragini...15
Janmashtami celebrations are on in Bidaai and on this festive occasion, the love-birds Ranveer and Ragini realize that they are actually beginning to love their phone friend..
Wednesday, August 20, 2008 12:08:40 PM

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1019927

ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Veteran actor pokes fun at Ekta

It was a one year completion cum success party of Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai yesterday but like show which left other shows behind, a senior actor did not forget to taunt the owner of the biggest production house for her mythological show.

Commenting about the mythological show, he said, "People have just spoiled mythology by getting big names and designers. What actually do they think about it? It will be amazing to know which audience they are exactly serving. We are not in Italy, UK, France or Greek. We should not blame any designer or anyone, as they have only done their job which was assigned to them."

"But the makers do not understand what Indian tradition is. If you seriously want to make good mythological show then make it for Indian people who understand ethics and traditions. It is the Indian audience only who has made them popular and showed their support so make shows for them not for foreigners."

Few weeks back leading ladies of Bidaai were in the news for their famous party issue with soap queen Ekta Kapoor. Both Parul Chauhan and Sara Khan were invited for a party thrown by Ekta which they did not attend. However, Ekta warned to sue them for using her name for publicity. But the girls refused the charges made by the Balaji head. On the other hand her Mahabharat also airs at the time as this show on a rival channel. Bidaai is heading the TRPs on Star Plus leaving other old top shows behind.
Link http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/August/News_20080821_96

Edited by Lubnavaishali - 16 years ago
214926 thumbnail

Bidaai celebrates Success...

Rajan Shahi's Director's Kut Productions along with Star Plus hosted a grand party on 20th August, ...

Here's the link to the tellybuzz article of Bidaai's success party.
Edited by pinkykhan - 16 years ago