Frequent Posters

--Pinky-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 16 years ago
TV STAR TRAIL

Our telestars and Olympics are far apart
by Vidhya Krishnan
Aug 09, 2008, Bangalore

As the biggest sporting extravaganza in the universe, 'The Olympics' has begun. On this occasion, we checked out how clued in our tele stars are about 'The Olympics'. Well, well, well...sadly not many of them seem to be really clued in. Read on?

Vibha Chibber?

Message to Team India at Olympics - We have very good players
representing at the international level. I just hope them to do well.
Favourite player ? I really don?t follow sports. But my favourite sports person in general is Sachin Tendulkar.
Favourite event ? Cricket
Number of medals India would bring home ? I pray that they get at least 20 gold medals.

Chaitanya?

Message to Team India at Olympics - I just want to say that they need to prepare well and give their best.
Favourite player ? Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore, the shooter, I like his consistency.
Favourite event ? Gymanistics interests me.
Number of medals India would bring home ? I don?t know and I can?t say but I hope they get all the medals. Each one is strong in something and I think we are good at Hockey, Wrestling and Shooting.

Sukirti Khandpal?

Message to Team India at Olympics ? I just wish all of them do really well. But I think participation is more important and representing internationally is a great thing. My best wishes to everybody and I hope them to come out in flying colours.
Favourite player ? Sania Mirza
Favourite event ? There are too many but the running race catches my fancy.
Number of medals India would bring home ? All of them! It is an asset to our country.

Rajan Shahi?
Message to Team India at Olympics ? I have a different view, which may not go very well in the positive sense. I am not being radical or derogatory about anything or anyone. We need to match to the world standards and see whether that is possible. We should play what we are good at, like cricket. Representing at
the international level is not a joke and returning with few medals does not show really well. So much money is spent and it goes wasted. I think that the players have to be really groomed and then be sent to represent internationally. All said and done, I hope they do well./>Favourite player ? I am not aware about what is happening since I stopped watching.
Favourite event ? Gymanstics and water sports
Number of medals India would bring home ? No idea

Kinshuk Mahajan?

Message to Team India at Olympics ? I hope they make us proud and I wish them best of luck.
Favourite player ? P.T. Usha
Favourite event ? Swimming
Number of medals India would bring home ? All that they can

Krystle?

Message to Team India at Olympics ? Do well, be confident but not over-confident and rock it.
Favourite player ? I don?t have a fancy for sports.
Favourite event ? Swimming
Number of medals India would bring home ? No clue but I hope they bring all the medals.

Karuna Pandey?

Message to Team India at Olympics ? I want to say that the players have to give their 100% and not worry about winning or losing.
Favourite player ? I don?t have the time to watch sports.
Favourite event ? High jump
Number of medals India would bring home ? It is unpredictable but I hope they get all the medals.

https://www.tellywatch.com/telly_columns/olympics_column/august-09-2008/olympics_column_telestars.html

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1012540

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Vimarsh Roshan on Food, Fitness & Lifestyle'
by Vidhya Krishnan
Jun 24, 2008, Bangalore

MY WORKOUT REGIME'
My workout regime is just about weights training where I work on two body parts each day. For the cold winter months, I stick with cardio. I don't use the treadmill but do a lot of running. So now you know the secret of my macho body.

MY HAPPINESS QUOTIENT'
It is very difficult to pin point one thing. It is a total thing where one has to adapt to balance the ups and downs of life. It is not a cakewalk but looking at it practically, the results will be fruitful.

MY DAILY DIET
I have my breakfast like a King - boiled eggs, sandwiches, parathas and a glass of fresh fruit juice followed with a protein shake'now do I sound like a kid, never mind (laughs).
My lunch is a la a Queen's fare. I usually have rotis with sabzis, sometimes chicken too. Then in the evening I again have my protein shake and have some light protein snack or even have fruits at times.

/>I dine like a pauper. I make it a point to have dinner before 8.00 and try to keep a gap of 2 hours before hitting the bed. But there are days, I cheat on my routine.

ON A RAINY DAY, MY IDEA OF A WORKOUT WOULD BE...
Why rainy day? Even storm or floods or any form of obstacle cannot stop me from hitting the gym. These conditions just make you lethargic but I only get motivated and push myself more and more at such times. It is a challenge and I love it.

MY IDEA OF RELAXATION...
There are two fronts to this. Firstly it is mental relaxation, which is about the attitude and learning to have a right balance by not letting the highs, and lows affect you. And secondly, there is the quotient of physical relaxation - where you rest and pamper yourself, which translates into no work and lazing around. Good music and some nice movies also keep me relaxed. I am also a travel freak but prefer to have my friends along while traveling but it is hard for everybody to have the free time at the same time. I also prefer my own company.

SIZE ZERO TO YOU IS...
A big No--No!! It doesn't appeal to me. May be it is popular internationally and closer home; the buzz is Kareena Kapoor's size zero. But give me a curvaceous, voluptuous woman any idea.

I CRAVE FOR...
What else will a guy crave for? Career, ambition, success' the rest will follow automatically.

A LIFESTYLE CHANGE I'M TRYING TO MAKE...
There are quite a few. I am looking at having some sport as a part of my regular activity. I used to play lot of sports in school but I don't find time for it now. I'm also trying to quit my smoking addiction. I'm not a chain smoker, but when you care for your body by being regular with your exercise and diet, why not push the last envelope too'

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1013434

Edited by pinkykhan - 16 years ago
--Pinky-- thumbnail

ragini to dance in the rain in bidaai

The crew of Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai coincidentally was shooting a song sequence in rain where Parul Chauhan aka Ragini remembers her phone friend and gets romantic. Says Rajan Shahi, Producer and Series Director, "Ironically, we were shooting a rain sequence on 27th when the huge downpour happened. It was a complete nightmare for the production house as we had to shoot in the midst of natural rain as well as the five artificial rain machines too. We could not switch off the rain machine as we need consistency in the rain fall to capture the right image. But the whole cast and crew including Parul enjoyed shooting for the sequence and we actually had a picnic out there". Cameraman Neeraj Balyan says, "It gets bit difficult to shoot a rain sequence, as we need to take extra care when it comes to lights, the camera position etc. Also, we were shooting in real as well as artificial rain and this made the task tougher. But at the end of it, we are glad to have made it".

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1013376

214926 thumbnail

Are the Bidaai girls headed for trouble??

The top news of today is that Sara and Parul of Bidaai fame got a call from Ekta Kapoor who offered them a role in her ...

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1014437

214926 thumbnail
2 articles on Bidaai girls turning down Ekta Kapoor

SARA SNUBS CZARINA!!
[12 Aug 2008]
Sara Khan, the beautiful television actress who plays the lead role of Sadhana in 'Sapna Baabul Ka'Bidaai', has refused Ekta Kapoor's offer to work for Balaji Telefilms, as she did not want to leave her parent show in the lurch.

Sara Khan got a call from Ekta Kapoor around eleven in the night asking her to be part of a show which would replace 'Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' on Star Plus. Though elated at being called by the most powerful person of the television industry for work, the newcomer politely declined the offer.

Ekta also promised that Parul Chauhan, who plays Ragini in 'Bidaai', would get another big show from Balaji, if they agreed to her proposal. However, the response from Parul and Sara was the same that they were not open to poaching. Well'..the response smacks of old world charm, na!!
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1014362

Ekta Kapoor snubbed!

Two newcomers, just a show old, got calls from Ekta Kapoor inviting them to be part of the Balaji stable, by acting in her new show, and also attend her party on Saturday. That's Sara Khan (Sadhana) and Parul Chauhan (Ragini), the two female leads of Sapna Baabul Ka Bidaai. However and here's the crux of the story - both of them preferred to stick with Bidaai rather than attend Ekta's party and do her show!

When contacted, Sara Khan said, 'I had gone to Parul's house to meet her mother who was leaving town. At around 11.30 pm, I got a call from Ekta. It took me a while to realise that it was actually Ekta Kapoor herself who was calling me! I was really surprised.

She said that she wanted to do a show with me, which would replace Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, and a separate show with Parul as well. She also invited us to a party at her house on Saturday night. We said that we would love to work with her, but right now we are busy with Bidaai.'

Parul Chauhan sounded as happy about receiving a call from Ekta, but as firm about not leaving her parent show. She said, 'Ekta was very positive.

She wanted us to do her show, which means that we would have to leave Bidaai which we would rather not do. We have no intention of leaving our show and joining Ekta right now.

However we said that in the future we would love to do any show offered by her. We've achieved name and fame due to Bidaai, so we can't leave it midway. Besides, we got a call from Ekta, on the strength of Bidaai, right?'

--Pinky-- thumbnail

Ekta to sue actresses

Ekta Kapoor has decided to sue Sara Khan and Parul Chauhan, lead actresses of Bidaai, for using her name to promote their show

Ekta Kapoor

Sara Khan and Parul Chauhan

Yesterday Sara Khan (Sadhana) and Parul Chauhan (Ragini), the lead actresses of Sapna Baabul Ka - Bidaai, had told us how Ekta Kapoor had tried to woo them both with offers of new shows but they had turned her down. They also claimed that Ekta had invited them personally to a party she had thrown last weekend.

Well, now the two girls will be sued by Ekta Kapoor, who says that the girls' claim is a blatant lie. She is now in the process of sending them a legal notice for using her name to promote themselves and their show.

Says a livid Ekta, "I am shocked that someone could have this kind of imagination. In the last 16 years of my career in this industry, I have seen all kinds of games around me but this takes the cake. As far as Kyunki… going off air is concerned, let me tell you that I have just signed a fresh contract with Star TV for the show. I am slapping a legal notice on them for using my name in such a way."

A source close to Ekta says, "Ekta Kapoor was furious when she learnt that Sara and Parul had used her name to gain publicity. She does not even know these girls and she never called them. In fact, Ekta never calls anyone ever for the party. She never calls even her close friends whom she works with, she simply sends SMSes to the people she knows to invite them to her party."

According to our source if Ekta wants to meet someone she asks one of her creative heads to call them and then meets them. Our source adds, "Anyone who knows her will know that she has a big ego and never calls anyone herself. It was stupid on these girls' part to do something like this and lie so blatantly. Now they will have to face Ekta's fury as she is suing them."

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1014899

--Pinky-- thumbnail

Move over Balaji; Bidaai's Shahi camp is the latest toast of the town!

by Vidhya Krishnan

Aug 13, 2008, Mumbai

Hot breaking new!! We had our eyebrows raised when we got the news that Sara Khan and Parul Chauhan were offered a meaty role in an upcoming Ekta Kapoor's show (name not mentioned). Now there were a lot of questions that passed our minds'…Will the girls be loyal to Bidaai or dump Bidaai for Ekta (who would not want to work with our queen)? Would they agree to do the show? If so, who would replace them? What will happen to Bidaai? And so on and so forth… And we couldn't be more curious and thought to catch hold of the Bidaai girls and even Rajan Shahi to get an insight of what is going on…

Sara Khan says…
"Not just me, both Parul and I were offered to play in one of Ekta's upcoming show. I was really happy but how can I ditch Bidaai? It is very close to me… I definitely want to work with Ekta Kapoor in the future..who will not wish to? But I feel lucky to play the lead in Bidaai which is a big thing for me and I am happy about the good work. I am neutral in my emotions".

Parul Chauhan says…
"Yes it is true that Sara and I were offered to work with Ekta Kapoor. Actually this happened when Sara had come to visit my mum who was leaving to Lucknow the next day. We were chatting late in the night..say about 11.30 or 12.00 types. Sara got a call and it was a local number and we were wondering who it was at that hour. It was none other than Ekta Kapoor who offered us a role in her upcoming love story which I guess would replace Kyunki…We were really excited and it felt so good for having been offered. But Bidaai is my life and that which got me name, fame and love. May be in the future, if time permits, I would surely love to work with the queen but not now. I salute to Ekta for her attitude, confidence, and reputation and wish to be like her.

Rajan Shahi says…
"I got a call from Sara and Parul late in the night after a long tiring day and they informed me that they have been offered to play in Ekta Kapoor's show since Kyunki..is shutting down probably. But, the girls also told me that they are a part of Bidaai and will not leave it This is what made me sit up and smile after a long tiring day Their attitude spoke volumes about their character, their intensity and the relationship that we share I was touched by their gesture and got very emotional In our industry, where we have people being selfish and running after opportunities, I felt so good that these girls have given a thought about Bidaai and told me about it

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1015146

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Is Angad Hasija on his way to a reality show?

by Meenakshi Shankar

Aug 14, 2008, Mumbai

Angad Hasija's a household name when it comes to playing the lead in Star Plus's Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai. Recently catching up with the actor had us wondering if, indeed the star was making inroads in the reality show segment.

Recently seen shaking a leg on Star Plus's 15th August special with Lily Patel on two popular groovy Bollywood numbers, Angad walked away with a whole lot of accolades. But what caught our interest was his presence in Saroj Khan's NDTV Imagine show, Nachle Ve, where he danced to the tune of Naagaada and Oye Ajanabee which had Saroj Khan showering him with praises.

A shy lad, he was on cloud nine when Saroj Khan told him, "You are one of the best dancers that I have ever had the opportunity to work with." Coming from a veteran in the industry, Angad says, "I was touched and honored by the praises. I knew I was a good dancer, but a vote from the diva herself is such a boost to my confidence level."

That left us with a million dollar question - Is Angad paving a path to a reality show? To which, he said, "If something good comes along, who knows. But for now, my showcase keeps me happy and content. I also did a bit of anchoring for Rang De...showcase on Star Plus and I realized that I really enjoyed anchoring the show."

Beyond doubt, there's more to Angad than what meets our eye!
214926 thumbnail
Irked Ekta Kapoor to sue ?Bidaai? sisters Sara Khan and Parul Chauhan
Filed under: TV News
Tags: Ekta Kapoor | ?Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi? | Sara Khan | Parul Chauhan | ?Bidaai?
Posted: Aug 15 2008 by Ruhi Tandon (59 views)
photos 1 - 1 of 1o
Irked Ekta Kapoor to sue ?Bidaai? sisters Sara Khan and Parul Chauhan

Just 2-days ago we reported on how the ?Bidaai? girls are going around town expressing their chat with Ekta Kapoor, who apparently offered the two a role in her new show which would replace ?Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi?.

Sara Khan and Parul Chauhan claimed that they received a phone call from Ekta Kapoor, who wanted to cast them in her prime time show which they refused.

In her interview, Ekta Kapoor shared that she is shocked to the extent people use her name to get publicity; the Numbero Uno TV producer expressed that she never ever makes any phone calls to cast actors. Ekta also said that she has taken many claims lightly, but she will take legal action against Sara Khan and Parul Chauhan for spreading false rumors.

Sara and Parul on the other hand, refused to give any interviews to the media; Guess, they are too scared of Ekta ?Kyunki? she will drag the two to courts from their very sweet ?Babul Ka Sapna?Bidaai?.

link: http://www.bollywoodblog.com/category/TV/Irked-Ekta-Kapoor-to-sue-Bidaai-sisters-Sara-Khan-and-Parul-Chauhan/
Edited by minal45 - 16 years ago
ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Celebrating Raksha Bandhan with TV stars

It's Raksha Bandhan. And our busy stars are making sure they get some free time for their brothers and sisters.
Parul Chauhan

"We are shooting but my brother stays with me here so I do not have to go anywhere. My shift will be beginning at 2 pm so before that I will tie rakhi to him. He has taken the number of my dress designer last week so I think I will get nice dress from him as gift. I will also go for mithai shopping for him and will test all mithais."
Link https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/August/News_20080816_72

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1017478