Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ticks thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: tashu_id

amit sang it better than the original. love his voice

yes.. I think so too.. He sang in Khuli Awaaz...so it made him connect..

It was so AMIT PAUL..

I got goosebumps in one portion when he went high!!

Bravo AMIT..

I hope Amit gets to sing original songs which he can interpret his own way...

Edited by ticks - 17 years ago
ticks thumbnail

Originally posted by: miss5stars

yea i can do it....but i havent been watching ii3 lately....so i duno wen amit sang this...

can u send me the video of his performance...ill make the mp3 den 😳

please make MP3 for Bulla ki Jaana, I want it too... please upload the mp3 for us fans..I want to have it for Keeps sake...

Xx..£uvñëët..xX thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: doctorwordsmith

does Amit actually know Punjabi?

If not, does anyone know how well he was pronouncing it? (I don't know Punjabi, so I'm curious)

he was pronouncing it beautifully.. as Alisha picked up as well.. Amit not being Punjabi, had pretty much perfect diction in that song! 😃👏
mango-frost thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
nah...it definately wasnt better than the orginal....it was realy very very good....but saying it was even better sung than than rabbi means u really dont understand the purity and depth of the original song...
Mehulm thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Amit sings in various languages. I know its more than 6. Bulla Ki Jaana is a punjabi song and he saying the words quite clearly.

Very nice song. I have to download the original by Rabbi Shergill.

Great track.
doctorwordsmith thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Xx..uvt..xX

he was pronouncing it beautifully.. as Alisha picked up as well.. Amit not being Punjabi, had pretty much perfect diction in that song! 😃👏

That's really cool! I've learned carnatic music for several years, and I can tell you that it's really hard to put emotion into a song that you don't understand (like when I have to sing in Telegu).
So, three cheers for Amit for giving his BEST PERFORMANCE in a language that he doesn't even speak!👏👏👏
r_tvfan thumbnail

Originally posted by: doctorwordsmith

That's really cool! I've learned carnatic music for several years, and I can tell you that it's really hard to put emotion into a song that you don't understand (like when I have to sing in Telegu).
So, three cheers for Amit for giving his BEST PERFORMANCE in a language that he doesn't even speak!👏👏👏

Definitely, this was Amit's best performance and the highlight of the evening.👏👏
👏

Xx..£uvñëët..xX thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: srk_lover

nah...it definately wasnt better than the orginal....it was realy very very good....but saying it was even better sung than than rabbi means u really dont understand the purity and depth of the original song...

oh yeh definitely.. i agree megha. Although Amit sang it beautifully, the original is still in a class of its own 👏
raunaq thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: srk_lover

im assuming ur asking me 😆

yea i can do it....but i havent been watching ii3 lately....so i duno wen amit sang this...

can u send me the video of his performance...ill make the mp3 den 😳

🤗 thats so sweet of you. i wanted to take your name but then i thought you might be busy so i just asked in general, thank you, you are one of the great helpers on this forum 😳
raunaq thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: TallyHo

Bulle Shah was afamous Punjabi Sufi Poet... the lyrics are just beautiful...read the translation below:

<DIV ="post hentry"><A name=112273083738466871></A>
<H3 ="post-title entry-title">Bulla Ki Jaana - Rabbi Shergill (Lyrics) </H3>
<DIV ="post-er-line-1">
<DIV ="post- entry-content"><SPAN></SPAN>

<TABLE cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=0><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top width="50%"><SPAN>Na maen momin vich maseet aanNa maen vich kufar diyan reet aanNa maen paakaan vich paleet aanNa maen moosa na pharaun.Bulleh! ki jaana maen kaunNa maen andar ved kitaab aan,Na vich bhangaan na sharaab aanNa vich rindaan masat kharaab aanNa vich jaagan na vich saun.Bulleh! ki jaana maen kaun.Na vich shaadi na ghamnaakiNa maen vich paleeti paakiNa maen aabi na maen khakiNa maen aatish na maen paunBulleh!, ki jaana maen kaunNa maen arabi na lahoriNa maen hindi shehar nagauriNa hindu na turak peshawriNa maen rehnda vich nadaunBulla, ki jaana maen kaunNa maen bheth mazhab da paayaNe maen aadam havva jaayaNa maen apna naam dharaayaNa vich baitthan na vich bhaunBulleh , ki jaana maen kaunAvval aakhir aap nu jaanaNa koi dooja hor pehchaanaMaethon hor na koi siyaanaBulla! ooh khadda hai kaunBulla, ki jaana maen kaun </SPAN></TD>
<TD vAlign=top width="50%"><SPAN>Not a believer inside the mosque, am INor a pagan disciple of false ritesNot the pure amongst the impureNeither Moses, nor the PharohBulleh! to me, I am not knownNot in the holy Vedas, am INor in opium, neither in wineNot in the drunkard's crazeNiether awake, nor in a sleeping dazeBulleh! to me, I am not knownIn happiness nor in sorrow, am INeither clean, nor a filthy mireNot from water, nor from earthNeither fire, nor from air, is my birthBulleh! to me, I am not knownNot an Arab, nor LahoriNeither Hindi, nor NagauriHindu, Turk (Muslim), nor PeshawariNor do I live in NadaunBulleh! to me, I am not knownSecrets of religion, I have not knownFrom Adam and Eve, I am not bornI am not the name I assumeNot in stillness, nor on the moveBulleh! to me, I am not knownI am the first, I am the lastNone other, have I ever knownI am the wisest of them allBulleh! do I stand alone?Bulleh! to me, I am not known </SPAN></TD></TR></T></T></TABLE>

Rabbi Shergill's rendition is particularly charming as he sings the Punjabi lyrics with his Brit accent...the composition is awesome too!

<DIV>

thanks ashu for the translation, i didnt understand the song so this translation will help a lot 😛