innocentindian thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Hi all

I only began watching asitiva at beginning of the year. In that time, there has been no reference to Mr. Mathurs past, and his wife was dead.

Could anyone fill me in on this - somewhere on this forum, somebidy mentioned he was quite a playboy. Please clarify. This further indicates that there is some history between him and radhaji. so perhaps neha is his daughter, but for that to happen, he must have been unfaithful to his wife. Can that be? It must have happened after his marriage as neha is younger than simran.

Many thanks in advance.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mpatil thumbnail

Can somebody give details of Mr Mathurs past life?

What happened to his sister ,her husband and her son?

sree thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
ya, when astitva began mathur was shown having an affair with a lady called Anjali. Mr. Mathur's wife knew about this and she was really upset about this. I dont think his 3 daughters knew about his relationship. But this was a big worry for simran's mother. Ya, i think he was unfaithful to his wife
innocentindian thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

This Anjali, was she young? or as old as him and his wife?

Why did they break up? When did they break up? Was it right at the beginning of the serial, that all this happened?

Neil thumbnail

I've been watching Astitva Ek Prem Kahani almost from the day one and never missed any episode because I recorded them unattended.

I learnt Hindi from my parents because I was born, raised and educated in US. From my understaing of Hindi I know following of Mr. Mathur's past.

Mr. Mathur was an IAS officer and shown as having extra marital relationship with a woman Anjali Bhatia even after Simran and Abhi got married. Padma (Mrs. Mathur) suspected this relationship. She was a typical Hindu woman – tolerant and well mannered raising three daughters. She tolerated Mr. Mathur until she died. Mr. Mathur and Anjali Bhatia were caught by Abhi and Kiran (first Kiran) in a restaurant (disco) one night. Anjali was a typical user using Mr. Mathur's position as an IAS officer. When Mr. Mathur resigned from his office she tried to influence Kavita's husband (Mathur's son-in-law) to get selected in representing India as a dancer. The relationship between Mathur and Anjali was broken after this episode because Mr. Mathure came to know that Anjali was using him. Of course, this was too late because Padma died in sleep.

Anjali Bhatia was never shown since then. Please feel free to correct my understasing of Mr. Mathur's past.

Edited by Neil - 19 years ago
Girl thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

i think that must have happened

sree thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
ya neil you are absolutely correct.
zeus thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

You are right on Anjali and Mr.Mathur's fling with her. I think Simran had a hint of it; Abhi definitely knows it as someone quoted it already.

Mr.Mathur seems to completely forget that whole episode, when talking about Morals and relationships. I think this topic will come up sometime in future.

Even bringing back Kiran will also be very interesting. As Kiran and Anil were celebrities themselves, I dont see any reason why they do not cross roads with Simran or Abhi.

Zeus.