Meera signs Bhatt’s Shohrat

dures thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Moderator's Note:

WARNING TO ALL THE MEMBERS: Please refrain from making personal attacks on the subject or each other. You dislike Meera fair enough but that does not mean you call her names or attack her.

This is just a warning incase things get uglier here in this topic too.

If any such post is found in this topic or the other topic, it WILL be CLOSED immediately.

PSF Development Team

Meera signs Bhatt's Shohrat
By: Vickey Lalwani
September 3, 2007

Tragedy queen: Meera
After Nazar and Kasak, Pakistani actress Meera's career was pretty much wiped out. However, the actress is not ready to give up yet. She's back in Mumbai and with Mahesh Bhatt, who has signed her for a new film called Shohrat — The Dark Side of Fame.

Emraan Hashmi and Muzammil Ibrahim (who made his big screen debut with Pooja Bhatt's Dhokha) are in talks to play the male lead. The film is loosely inspired from the English film Sunset Boulevard, and Shagufta Rafique (who penned Woh Lamhe, Awaarapan and Dhokha) is writing the script.

New beginning

Meera has been in Mumbai for the past 15 days and has been spotted at various events around B-Town. "I want to do many films now. I remained in touch with Bhatt saab because he is a genuine person. I'm thankful to him for giving me a new lease on life in Bollywood," she says.

She has rented an apartment in Lokhandwala Complex (Andheri), but plans to buy a property soon. "And I will buy a car too. Initially, my parents were against me joining Bollywood, but that's sorted out. Now, they have no reservations. Bhatt saab has convinced them," she adds happily.

Tragic element

Shohrat deals with the dark side of Bollywood. Bhatt explains, "Shohrat will have many dark anecdotes from Bollywood, like street fights, casting couch, sexual betrayals, etc. The reality of Bollywood is much more sordid than it appears. The story focuses on a top actress who is gravitating towards anonymity."

Bhatt says he couldn't think of anybody else for this role other than Meera. "She has a tragic element to her life. She's aware that time is running out for her and finds it difficult to cope with the younger lot taking over. So she suits this character well," he says.

Not too long ago, there were reports that Bhatt and Meera had fallen out, but he insists it isn't true. "She presumed I had rejected her, but I couldn't cast her in a role until I had something suitable," he says. "I've given her this role not to please her but because she suits it. This is her last 'best role'. Meera may continue to act, but she'll never get such a role again," Bhatt quips.

Meera will also be seen as a manglik girl in a film titled Simran (directed by Neeraj Sahai), based on Aishwarya Rai's life. As for Shohrat, it goes on floors in December.

At last she got an role based on aishwariya rai!!!😆
Edited by scorpion134 - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cutestar thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
hope it dosent turn out lyke nazar did 😆
Edited by cutestar - 17 years ago
jadiy thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
aishwarya??? oh man they need to choose someone else...cuz aish is pr8ty
sim88 thumbnail
meera 🤢
a flop actress
***sonia*** thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
ohhhhhhhh my one more flop movie 😆 😆 😆
karankittu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
ok meera im nt relaly that fond of her wlel to be honest ir eally dont like her ..there were the i think lux style awards and when she was dancing performing omg what was she wearing a skirt you could see ehr kness and legs ..im like plz stop copying english or indias pakistanis are known for sumthng we have a pehchaan so if we start to copy then what will be elft but oh wlel i thought she wsnt allowed bakc in pakistan 😕
alishahprincess thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sim88

meera 🤢
a flop actress

agree with you 🤢 mreeraaaaaaaaaaa is yukkkkkkkkkkkk i hate her 🤢 she hide her ageee she told everyone that she 21

she is like 35 or maybe more then that 😕🤢 i just hateeee herrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr