shaddha nigam 10th aug interview

heart*beat thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

I had a crush on Hussain
Tuesday, August 09, 2005 | Entertainment

In possibly the most candid interview ever, Shraddha Nigam, the Dekho Magar… star talks about her past loves and how she is all ready to get into another relationship

Reena Thapar Kapoor

Your best pairing on-screen was with Hussain. Did you have a secret crush on him?
Hussain is an incredibly good-looking man and I have to confess that I had a massive crush on him. The fact we looked good together was because we had great chemistry between us. In real life we share a platonic relationship. But I don't think I could come close to having an affair with him. He is already dating someone, so I don't stand a chance. Our equation is just what you saw in Krishna-Arjun and Kuch Kar Dikhana Hai.

Did he too have you have a crush on you?
I'd love to believe that Hussain had a crush on me. (laughs)

TV actor Ninad Kamat and you went steady for years before calling it off. Why did the break up happen? 
Ninad and I were seeing each other since our college days. He was a third parent to me because I grew up with him. I did everything that growing children, adults do when they are in the process of growing up. And I'm not just only talking about sex. Despite dating for nine years, we'd have constant fights. We started bringing out the worst in each other.

After that a couple of your other relationships too didn't work out. looking back how do you feel about it?
I have to admit that I've been unlucky in sustaining a relationship. Looks like the good guys have disappeared. But, I feel good about being out of the shadows of my previous relationships. Also, I feel I'm all ready to get into new a relationship. I'm out of the shadows of my previous relationships. I've learnt Vipashna from a friend and that has done wonders to me. It helped me evolve as a person.

What is your take on flings?
I don't think having flings is a lesser way of living. But I haven't indulged in any because I'm not the type. I can't have a lustful relationship with a man just for the heck of it. For me it's a combination lock - mind, body and soul. He has to turn my mind on; I cannot fall in love with a dimwit. He has to stir my soul and has to possess the magic of turning me on.

What is the most important factor in a relationship?
I give top priority to the physical aspect of a relationship. If the man I'm involved with doesn't excite me physically then I don't see any reason for me to be with him.
If I'm genuinely in love and can just do about anything for him, then it will be different scenario. If my man is a bad lover I'll not have any difficulty dumping him. Probably, I'll just turn around and ask him to f*!# off! My man has to be a good lover. He has to know how to treat a woman. I cannot have a half-baked relationship. I need to have it all.
* I don't think having flings is a lesser way of living. But I haven't
indulged in any because I'm not the type – Nigam

Just in case you are trying to place Hussain... here he is

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cosmicD thumbnail
thanx a lot 4 sharing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😊 😊 😊
Me_Anonymous thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
thanx for sharin
she had a massive crush on Hussain πŸ˜†
darkness_123 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
OMG! tht is the most disgusting interview i have ever read! sheeesh.... who talks abt their sex life in an interview like this??? and uses the f word in an interview??? if shes trying to prove how modern and cool she is... she picked a bad way to do it... .she cums across as a manizer... (lol.. πŸ˜† .. female version of womanizer....)