sallu_lover thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 17 years ago

hey guyz this is my first post in this section i dont know if iam allowed to open this topic or not

but i have been thinking n thinking, i used to watch akela the show was simply awesome man soo wat happened to the show i heard that it has only gone off air for while n it will be back like a few months back but still no news about it😭 so is akela going to air again or not?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

WillSmith456 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago
yeh what happened man . trhis waS THE LAST ARTICLE .

Sudhanshu Pandey becomes Akela
By: Vickey Lalwani
December 14, 2006

Sudhanshu Pandey

Fireworks Productions' Akela (Sony) is wrapping up on December 30. The production house would have loved to approach the channel for an extension of another 26 episodes but abstained from doing so.

The show, which was shifted from Tuesday to Saturday in order to accommodate Sony's ambitious Bigg Boss, will return on a bigger canvas post the ICC Cricket World Cup next year.

A source from the unit tells us, "Sudhanshu Pandey (who plays the protagonist Ranveer) was the only reason why Fireworks chose to apply the brakes on Akela."

Haughtiness galore

The source says Pandey was extremely rude on the sets. "He used to come late for shooting and even abuse the executive producers. His high-handedness could not be controlled. The show was getting affected adversely."

When contacted, Pandey did not deny that he used to report late on the sets.

"But the delays used to happen from their side as well. Plus, I never used to be so late that the shooting would suffer. One must not forget that delays are an inevitable part of any showthat is shot outdoors. As for me being abusive, that's news to me. I have been in the industry for long, and if I were such a person, I would have been infamous by now. I wouldn't mind doing the second season of Akela next year, provided I have time," explains the singer-cum-actor.

Aap jaa sakte hain

However, Yash Patnaik, Business Head, Fireworks Productions confirms that they had some issues with Pandey. "I did get complaints about Sudhanshu from my directors, actors and unit members on the show. I tried to sort it out amicably. I even had a long chat with him on a couple of occasions."

"Producer B P Singh is very upset with Pandey and Fireworks has no plans of bringing back Pandey in Akela's second season," concludes the source.
Edited by Pensacola.S_02 - 17 years ago