HSM suite life of zack n cody interveiw

HayeSiyaapa thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago
Thursday, August 9, 2007
J-14 recently went behind the scenes as High School Musical invades The Suite Life! In the episode, both Maddie and London try out for the role of Sharpay in their high school production of HSM. Ugly Betty's Mark Indelicato guest stars as Antonio, a total diva and even Cody end up auditioning, singing a song from the old Gilbert & Sullivan opera!

We sat down with Ashley Tisdale and Mark to find out what happened when the Disney channel hits collide.

Ashley Tisdale

Q: What was your reaction when you saw the script for the episode?
Ashley: I thought it was funny. I was nervous at first, because I didn't want to ruin the essence of "Bop to the Top." I think fans really like that song, so I was just nervous about what was going to happen. I thought, About a month ago, that was the last time I was going to perform, "Bop to the Top." But now, I'm doing Lukas's part. I learned it fast, but that was definitely strange because usually I'm not leading, I'm on the other side.

Q: Do you think Maddie would be a good candidate to play Sharpay?
Ashley: Maddie's a nice girl. But the thing is, she's smart. London's character is great to play Sharpay because she's definitely the rich, mean girl, but there are so many differences between London and Sharpay. London's much ditzier, and Sharpay knows exactly what she's doing. Maddie doesn't have that mean side of her. Sharpay plays with your mind. She definitely is a drama queen and Maddie is always trying to help people get out of situations. Sharpay, especially in the sequel, you can see how her family is very wealthy and she's not used to working! They're definitely opposites.

Q: Did you give Brenda tips on how to play Sharpay?
Ashley: She doesn't really play Sharpay. She's just doing the song. It's her version of Sharpay. She doesn't know how to do the dance and she can't sing, so I sing for her and she ends up lip synching.

Q: Other than yourself, what actresses do you think would do a good job playing Sharpay? Why?
Ashley: That's hard. I can't think of any. I think once someone comes out and creates their own way of the character, especially because this was my character, it's hard to picture anyone else.

Q: When auditioning for a role, how do you prepare yourself?
Ashley: I just make sure I go over it a lot. I don't get super nervous. I just create the character around something. I watch movies and see how other actors create their characters. I just take bits and pieces and make it my own.

Q: What was it like working with Mark during this episode?
Ashley: Mark was great, He's so sweet and really talented. His character is like the male Sharpay. He's definitely a diva!

Q: Are you a fan of Ugly Betty?
Ashley: Yes, Mark is awesome and he's so nice. He's a big fan of HSM

Mark Indelicato

Q: Tell us about the character you're playing on The Suite Life.
Mark: My character thinks he's the best thing since sliced bread. He thinks he can act, sing, dance, do it all. He is his own star, no one else thinks he is, but he thinks he is. He's like Sharpay, really. He's awesome. I love playing him.

Q: What TV shows do you enjoy watching?
Mark: I watch Disney channel religiously. Whatever is on there, I just watch!

Q: Are you a fan of HSM?
Mark: Of course I'm a fan of HSM!

Q: Favorite thing about HSM?
Mark: It's all really, great how they lead into the songs. I would have to say "Bop to the Top" is my favorite number. It's the most interactive and fun!

Q: What kind of music are you into?
Mark: When HSM first came out, I was all over that. In the car for five months, it was only HSM! My mom liked it and she could handle it, but after I got a little over it, I listen to pop, R&B, urban music - Fergie, Rihanna, all those girls!

Q: What was it like meeting everyone on The Suite Life set?
Mark: It was really nerve-wracking. I was so nervous, because I watch the show, so meeting Brenda, Ashley and the boys was a big deal. But they all turned out to be really nice and welcoming to me on the set. We're just having a good time now. I think I've made some good friends.

Q: Do you think you guys might hang out again?
Mark: Yeah, of course. I want to be on the show and I want to be on the Disney Channel again. It's just so fun shooting with these kids. When I'm around the kids, I can act like a real kid and that's great! I love that!

Tune in Sunday, August 12 to see which Tipton teen ends up playing which HSM part...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Pinky Rulez* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Wow thanks its gr88...cant w88 to see the epi
Edited by *Pinky Rulez* - 17 years ago
Anjilicious thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
thnx a lot. Can't wait to watch the episode. 😳
-dramaholic- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
cnt wait 4 the episode! looks great 👏 😃
prithvi lover thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
yay! london 2 be sharpay! thts got 2 be cool!
*~Kaynaat~* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
kool,cant wait to see the episode!