pata nahi kahan kahan se chun ker you bring things

lolz amna i got them from kohinoor forum😆

Ultimate_Shadow thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago

Talent Swathed with Dusky Beauty - Kuljeet Randhawa

Courtesy: Goher Iqbal Punn
Monday, October 17, 2005

She's hot, she's dusky, she's modish, she's a model and now she's an actress.....Yes the guess approaches at right answer.......she is Kuljeet Randhawa, who is taking the breath away these days through her mega suspense-packed serial 'Kohinoor' on Sahara One, the channel that endowed her a vast platform to display her histrionics. Although Kuljeet has earlier worked in several TV soaps but 'Kohinoor' is what provides her a full-fledged leading role to play.

Before entering the terra firma of small screen, this ravishing tall beauty has walked the ramp for two years. Sexily gorgeous Kuljeet got her first break on television with the different popular channels' serials like 'Hip Hip Hurray' and 'Cats'. The actress also enticed the viewers in Punjabi comedy soap 'Tunay Ka Tona'. She also enacted flawlessly in her latest serial 'Special Squad'. Knowing the art of spelling magic with the genre of acting, she always gave her best shot in all of her serials.

Quenching the thirst further, Kuljeet also tried her hand at a movie called By Chance, which is due for release shortly. If glanced her modeling career, the products' names, which she has promoted so far, come up as 'Electrolux, Savalon Soap, Maruti, Recova' and several others.

She hogged the headlines of almost all the publications when she had abruptly walked out of a crime show Special Squad where she was playing Shaina, the psychoanalyst. The makers were left with no choice in hand, so they had to go to hire Gauri Pradhan to replace her. This live-wire performer Kuljeet, who always showed her as a strong and blustery actress in all of her acting ventures, described she quit the serial because she wanted to concentrate on her film By Chance. But rumours appeared in the media stating that she had problems with Gauri being incorporated into the plot but Kuljeet clarified it saying, "I had no problems with her and informed the makers much in advance that I wouldn't be available once my feature film is ready for release. There was no animosity and I left the Squad amicably."

Today she is back once again on television screen with Sahara One's mammoth big-budget thriller 'Kohinoor' essaying a pivotal character but her return undoubtedly looked weird as she had gave up her TV career midway for making it big on the big screen. To wash this doubt off the minds of the people in and outside the industry, she expresses, "Since the release of my film has been pushed forward by four to five months. I haven't been told exactly when it will release. So I can't sit idle at home all day. 'Kohinoor' is a very good show and appeared interesting to me and hence I took it up."

This enormous soap, 'Kohinoor' came into her pocket when her friend had stepped down from the project and she asked Kuljeet if she wanted to give it a try and she did and signed the serial.

"One of its kind show, the story of Kohinoor revolves around the diamond whose secrets are still to be unearthed. I play Irawati Kohli, a young and dynamic girl, who has been brought up in London. In the serial she is shown working with Sotheby's as a curator cum business expansion officer", says Kuljeet Randhawa with much gusto.

Since the character was well-knitted and had been scribbled down with much care, it appealed much to her and she was able to identify it easily. "Like me Irawati is a very self-ascertained woman, with lot of dynamism. Her interests and profession as such gives her an adventure oriented bent of mind. She is a woman who takes her own decisions. At the same time she is vulnerable in the face of threats and dangers", Kuljeet chips in the facts of her role.

Kuljeet Randhawa, who started off her career as a model then moved on to many television serials, Sahara One's 'Kohinoor' is what will help her showcase the different shades of her talents of this luminous actress to the viewers. "It will give me a total change of image. And I am sure the audience will love me in this serial", Kuljeet speaks with much conviction.

It's just a beginning for Kuljeet - the actress draped with talents, astonishing skills, heart-hitting beauty, chocolate looks, sexy curvaceous body and huge confidence to deliver the goods on screen - she still has a long way to go.

TELLY BUZZ
Tom Alter enters Siddhanth

Posted online: Friday, September16, 2005 at 0000 hours IST

After Pooja Rawal's entry as Anamika Arekar in Siddhanth, Tom Alter has come into the serial as her father Senior Arekar. Regular viewers have already seen Anamika as the dashing lawyer who has swept Siddhanth off his feet, both personally and professionally. Her father will be heading a law firm and will be quite an admirer of Siddhanth, much to Anamika's disgust. This leads to a discord between the aggressive Anamika and her calm father. Alter plays a renowned lawyer from UK who has just set up base here and has an eye for young talented lawyers like Siddhanth. The upcoming episodes will have Alter mediating between the two lead protagonists Anamika and Siddhanth as they battle out each other not only in court but also on a personal level.

Missing Special Squad
Kuljeet Randhawa who plays the protagonist in Kohinoor misses being part of the Special Squad. "I had to quit the show because of my film By Chance. Given a 'chance' I would love to be back on the investigative show," confesses Kuljeet. In the show she was shown as a tough-as-nails cop who tolerates no nonsense. "Very rarely do you get to portray this kind of a role and I loved the set up," admits Kuljeet. Is the Special Squad clued in?

Kuljeet RandhawaPunjabi kudi-Kuljeet
T
he female lead starring in crime thriller 'Kohinoor' at Sahara One is a Punjabi kudi- Kuljeet Randhawa. The first thing that strikes you about Kuljeet is her beautiful eyes. The next thing is her smile. Whatever she does, she does with a conviction to excel. Which is why Kuljeet rarely leaves any scope for complaint in her endeavors. "If I decide to something, I see that I give it my best shot," she states. So when this model-turned actress decided to try her hand at acting, it was not entirely surprising that she scored an ace. Presently the actress is on high rotation in the serial 'Kohinoor'.

Edited by Master_Blaster - 16 years ago

A suspense soap from Sahara
New Delhi, August 31
Sahara One today announced the launch of its new suspense thriller, Kohinoor, based on a rather unusual theme involving the legendary Kohinoor diamond. Centuries down the line, of all famous diamonds in the world, the Kohinoor has been probably the sought after.
Manish Wadhwa, Ajinkya Deo, Kuljeet Randhawa and Amit Sadh pose for photographers at a press meet on a forthcoming serial on Sahara. — Tribune photo by Mukesh Aggarwal
Manish Wadhwa, Ajinkya Deo, Kuljeet Randhawa and Amit Sadh pose for photographers at a press meet on a forthcoming serial on Sahara

Tribune News Service
New Delhi, August 31
Sahara One today announced the launch of its new suspense thriller, Kohinoor, based on a rather unusual theme involving the legendary Kohinoor diamond. Centuries down the line, of all famous diamonds in the world, the Kohinoor has been probably the sought after. From Aryan kings to the Turks, from the Mughals to the British, all those who have touched India have tried to possess the diamond. Well, Sahara One promises its Kohinoor to be as intriguing as the diamond and as the soap opera will unfold viewers will be taken through a journey of mystery. In the recent past, some of Sahara One's ambitious serials like Kamini Damini and Malini Iyer, starring big names like Hema Malini and Sridevi, did not go down well with the audience. In the new soap, producers of the serial Cinevistaas have tried to generate an element of curiosity with a teaser—whether the Kohinoor diamond is still in India and whether the one with the British is fake. The weeks which follow will tell whether this element of suspense will make the serial, the cast of which includes Kuljeet Randhawa, Ankur Nayyar, Amit R. Sadh, Ajinkya Deo and Manish Wadhwa, a success.

As of now, the suspense soap will go on the air from September 5, Monday to Thursday, 10 pm.

The female lead starring in crime thriller 'Kohinoor' at Sahara One is a Punjabi kudi- Kuljeet Randhawa. The first thing that strikes you about Kuljeet is her beautiful eyes. The next thing is her smile. Whatever she does, she does with a conviction to excel. Which is why Kuljeet rarely leaves any scope for complaint in her endeavors. "If I decide to something, I see that I give it my best shot," she states. So when this model-turned actress decided to try her hand at acting, it was not entirely surprising that she scored an ace. Presently the actress is on high rotation in the serial 'Kohinoor'. 'Kohinoor' is a situation driven story which assures a lot of twists and turns to keep the viewers on the edge-of-the-seat, says Kuljeet Randhawa. This Mumbai-based Punjabi glam doll is seen as a powerful character of Iravati Kohli. The best role has been given to her by Cinevistas. She is doing fine in the serial which has already raised curiosity. This tall model-turned actress made her debut with 'Hip Hip Hurray'. She excelled in serial 'Cats' followed by 'Special Squad' in which she plays an aggressive character. 'By Chance' is her debut Hindi feature film that will see a release very soon. Kuljeet Randhawa, who plays Iravati Kohli in 'Kohnioor' has already won over the wholehearted applause of the viewers. Regarding her role in 'Kohnioor' she says, "It was by chance when I was shooting for my debut film "By Chance" that I got a call from Cinevistas and Sahara One. I was impressed by the story and the role. I accepted the offer to play Iravati Kohli". Talking excitedly about 'Kohinoor',Kuljeet stresses that it is a fast paced thriller which is sure to catch-up in a big way. She has been receiving offers to play important roles in serials and films too but she insists that she will opt only for good. She seems to be just another of those Punjabi kudis trying to cash in on the television craze.

— Dharam Pal

Photo: R.V. Moorthy

ADDING A SOFT TOUCH Kuljeet Randhawa
In this thriller, TV actress Kuljeet Randhawa says, the most thrilling part is the transformation of her usual role-playing of an assertive city sleeker to a soft and malleable woman. Kuljeet, who plays the role of Irawati Kohli, an NRI art collector in Kohinoor, SaharaOne's new series, which started on Monday, says, unlike in the serials like Special Squad on Star One and Cats on Sony TV where she is very much her own self, in Kohinoor, she is actually acting. "Irawati's character is of a very soft, sensitive and a vulnerable person. She is no way an assertive person like my real self. So, I had to act this time," says Kuljeet with a broad grin. "Though happy," she quickly adds, "that the production house Cinevista thought I could essay the role because I myself never thought so." Falling short of admitting that she has in a way become tired of "being type-cast on television", this former student of Delhi Public School, Mathura Road, says, "The most important part of being an actress for me is the opportunity to do more and more different roles. My idea is not to get classified as so and so." The tall and dusky beauty says, she doesn't mind doing a Doordarshan serial if she feels the role is interesting enough. Something that sounds a tad unusual in the age of K serials! Having just finished her maiden film, Mukesh Malick's By Chance, Kuljeet expresses her interest in doing a Punjabi film too. "I would love to do one. Specially, people like Gurdaas Mann are doing a fabulous job out there," she says. Belonging to a family, which has no acting background (her father was in the paramilitary service), Kuljeet says, acting needs a willing mindset and she definitely has it. Well, check her out as Irawati in Kohinoor.

SANGEETA BAROOAH PISHAROTY

Interview with kul

Tell us something about yourself.I am a complete Indian. My father was in the CRPF so I have lived all over India since childhood. My stint with television began with Hip Hip Hurray followed by Cats and Sarhadein. After that I took a sabbatical from TV and did about twenty major television commercials. Then I did a significant role in Special Squad, again on the small screen.

Are you nervous about Kohinoor?I don't really have the butterflies-in-the-stomach feeling. I am not so much worried about people reacting to me; I am more sceptical about my own reaction to myself. I expect too much out of myself. I have never attempted something like this before so I am a bit apprehensive.

In what way is this role different?
I have always played assertive and individualistic characters. By contrast, Iravati in Kohinoor is very feminine. My voice is husky, so I had to work on it, as well as my body language. I am not a delicate darling. My father is an Arjuna award winner and I too have been very sporty.

Tell us more about Iravati in Kohinoor.Iravati is very much a girl of today. She has come from UK and is a curator for Sotheby's. But she maintains her sanskars like a Yash Chopra prototype. She speaks chaste Hindi, fights for her rights and then returns to cry on her best friend's shoulder.

Which was the most difficult scene in the serial?The scene where I come to know about my mother's death was emotionally taxing. I think it was my most trying moment.

With whom did you watch the first episode of Kohinoor?I watched it with my unit. We all held hands together. I can't describe the feelings. I think the show was well-executed and has the potential to become a pot-boiler. I have been inundated with calls appreciating my performance, but I personally think I need to better myself. I am my biggest critic and competitor.

Your sex-appeal in Kohinoor is being commented upon.
I am not an item girl neither am I am a hot number. I don't dress sexy but I certainly don't mind being
called sexy. It's a compliment.

Will you quit television if your film By Chance clicks?I don't wish to restrict myself to playing a stereotyped heroine. I didn't care about playing mum in commercials, so why should I feel scared of doing challenging roles on TV even if my film succeeds. Of course, if I do a film with Shah Rukh Khan and if he asks me stop doing TV, then I will obey!

Do you find your co-stars sexy?Ankur Nayyar and Amit Sadh are my co-stars and I don't find them sexy at all. Ankur makes me laugh and Amit makes me think about serious things.

Whom do you find hot then?Bhanu Uday, my co star in Special Squad is a real hot guy. He makes me laugh, think, sizzle, unwind and a lot more &n bsp; &n bsp; &n bsp; &n bsp; &n bsp; &n bsp; &n bsp; &n bsp; &n bsp; &n bsp; &n bsp; &n bsp; &n bsp; &n bsp; &n bsp; &n bsp;

Wish amail 1601 (ammu) on her very first b'day on India-Forums

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/883653

Posted: 15 years ago

Word Count: 1

Posted: 15 years ago