Article:I drive the show--Mini Mathur

MysticParadox thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 17 years ago

< name="selZoom" value="100" ="">
Indian Idol seems to be riding high. So far, this is the best season. It feels as if all the pieces of jigsaw puzzle have come together. It's grander and classier.. this was missing from the previous season. I am thoroughly enjoying the show. Anu Malik and Alisha Chinai keep getting into bitter arguments. How difficult is it for you and Hussain to handle the situa- tion? Sometimes they go over- board with their cat- fights. I feel really bad for Alisha because Anu's com- ments are de-motivating at times. We have to strike the right balance between the judges and the contestants. So I put my foot down and defend the players. Don't you think you're run- ning the risk of coining your opinion? Well this does cross my mind. Undoubtedly, the judges are of a certain level.. that's why they are on the panel. But I have been on the show for three long years.. and I drive the show. We are not sec- ond-rated citizens. I don't think there's anything wrong in voicing my viewpoint. There are reports that these arguments are staged. What's the inside story? (Laughs) I am glad people think it's staged. That only proves they are watching! But the fact is that the fights cannot be scripted.. for the simple reason that the judges can't possibly know how a particular contestant will perform. Anu Malik has been dominating the show for a while now. Where does this leave the contestants? That's a valid point. Some- times I wonder if I were a con- testant I would be confused too. But the panel is a perfect blend. Four different opin- ions can widen ones horizons. Do you think the Chang and Deepali fiasco was blown out of proportion? Certainly. We never expected it to get ugly. But it was high- ly unfair to make such com- ments. Anu had hit below the belt. They come from small towns.. now both are demoralised. Do you think this will affect Deepali's voting? Yes. We did think that Deepali is in trouble. The audience won't accept this. That's why we cleared the air in last Sat- urday's episode. You have been appreciated for your anchoring. Television presenting is my first love and I am happy my work is being noticed. I always wanted to do some- thing that will leave an impact. Any alluring offers coming your way? There are two reality shows where I will be on the other side. I may take up one after Indian Idol. You have been in the industry for quite long. Why aren't you doing films? There have been offers from high profile producers. But I can't do those kind of cameos. Parallel cinema is growing. I might just do some of that. What about acting in your hus- band Kabir Khan's film? Never! Not in my husband's movie. I would rather be his soundboard than on-screen heroine!

www.bodhtree.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maiwah-93 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Thx for sharing!!! gr8 article!!!!
Anoli thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Mini is very sweet!!! ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Thank u 4 sharin the article๐Ÿ˜Š

Take Care๐Ÿ˜

Anoli๐Ÿ˜

xxx๐Ÿ˜

naushin4ever thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Thanx a lot 4 sharing. ๐Ÿ˜Š
sensation87 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
mini rockssssssss!!!!she definately drives Indian Idol. shez a great host. love watching her! ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘