i know im gettin confused 😕
Doell thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
she is sooooooo ugly i Simply hate her
qtgurl thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i found some great pics of annie but i cannot paste her pics here.
sidrahvirgo thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
GUYS I FOUND THIS INTERVEW OF ANNIES IF ANY1 IS INTERESTED!

Interview with Annie
By Ahmed Hayat ( [email protected] )
Here is an interview of 'Annie' the latest musical sensation of the Pakistani Music industry by Ahmed Hayat.

Her raw voice combined with a catchy tune made her debut 'mahiya' song an overnight success. She talks about her love for music and more in this exclusive interview.

Who is Annie?

Annie is a fun loving, carefree and ambitious girl.

Tell us something about your musical journey. Did you take any music lessons?

Yes I took music lessons and I am still taking them. This is something I want to continue in my career.

How do you define your music genre?

It is complete Pakistani pop with a touch of techno and a wad of mass appeal.

How important is singing to you and why?

Singing is something that I have always wanted to do. I have been taking part in musical extra curricular activities from the age of seven to eight for e.g. I was a part of the after school choir. I always got the major roles in school musicals.

I knew that I loved to do this and wanted to pursue it in the future.

Is Annie really inspired from the western world, if not then what inspires
you the most while creating music?

Yes I have to say that music from the west has been my inspiration because I hardly listen to Pakistani music.

This is ironic since I sing in Urdu but my main influences are definitely from the west. They do produce beautiful music so why not?

How is your music different from the rest?

'You have to listen to it and you'll find out!' Annie says with a laugh.

The beats are definitely different, there is a touch of Spanish and Latin music in 'mahiya' and 'princess' is hip hop song. Pakistan is unfamiliar with both genres but I have brought them in a way that is easily digestible for the audience.

You have been brought up in a different culture, is there any problem you faced while adjusting in Pakistan?

Not really to be honest. I always hear people talking about their struggles but by the grace of God, I have not had to face any obstacles to get to where I am today.

What was your parent's reaction after hearing you wanted to be a singer?

I did not just walk up to them one day and say 'hey mum and dad, I want to be a singer'. They always knew I wanted to get into music and were cool with it. I have got great parents!

How was your experience working with Sohail Javed for your latest Video?

It was a lovely experience. He is a true gentleman. I had a wonderful time doing the video and I hope I get the chance to work with him again in the future!

Tell us about your next video, who is directing it & what will be the concept?

We have two videos in the pipeline and we have come up with a few concepts for them. However nothing has been finalised.

You have also acted in a drama. Do you plan to continue with acting? How was the experience of working in a drama?

My experience has not been good. I don't ever want to do a drama again!

I never wanted to do it in the first place. That drama was just a favour for one my dad's friend; who was the director of the play.

What is your philosophy of fashion?

I don't really have one. I guess I don't really follow fashion. I just wear whatever makes me feel good.

What does love mean to you? Have you ever fallen in love?

Love is what my parents share 'pure and unconditional'. It is everlasting. No, I have never been in love.

Are you in a relationship at the moment?

No

Who was your first crush?

My Math's teacher in primary school. We did not call our teachers Sir or Miss; we would call them by their first names. His name was David and he was Australian. I loved him!

What aspect of life touches you the most?

The fact that I have a family who cares about me. Just thinking about them makes me smile. I am really blessed to be so close to them.

What is perfect bliss for you?

Perfect bliss is doing absolutely nothing on a warm summer day; floating around the house eating ice cream and being with family.

Are you going to use your stardom and popularity to bring about a positive change in the society or the socio-political standing of Pakistan
internationally?

Hopefully one day. Doing something like this requires time and you need to have credibility. Not just as a musical artist but as a citizen, a patriot. One day I do hope to represent Pakistan on an international level.

Any regrets about life so far?

I never had any regrets.

Things you really dislike and that you would like to change about the
current social system of Pakistan?

The social stigma that surrounds females entering showbiz. I do see why people have such a backward perspective and it will probably take a couple decades to change, but we will get there one day.

Many young artists get into showbiz today for the money they don't
realize the ability to touch people. Which is more important than money. What are your views regarding this?

People who do it for the money won't be around in the industry for too long. Their career in this business will be temporary, because the public is not stupid.

People who are in this business for the love of music will be the ones that make an eternal mark in this world.

What is the best thing about being part of the Pakistani music industry?

The best part is always going to be touring, doing concerts and getting to meet the fans one on one.

Any message for the nation Reading this Interview?

Enjoy your summer!