Engl. Transl. About movie "Khuda Ke Liye"

amy22 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

People, read it VERY carefully. I don't think I'm gonna watch the movie now!! This totally influenced me.

Here are the main points of it in English:

Okay, here we go.

A person wrote to an Imam and asked him about the movie "Khuda Ke Liye" that's soon going to be released. The person wrote in his question that the director of the movie, Shoaib Mansoor, wrote on his site that he's totally sad that Junaid Jamshed left singing cuz he thinks singing is haram in Islam. Shoaib Mansoor has tried to portray singing as a "jaiz" act in his movie. In this movie he also made fun of "darhi" means beard, which is Sunnah for Muslim men. The person wants to know what the Imam has to say about the movie, it's message and those who promote the movie.

Now the Imam has replied that it is not allowed to make fun of anything that Islam sees as obligatory. In the movie, they have made fun of "parda", turban, Islamic ways of living and beard. They've also tried to portray music and art [painting] as halal. On his site, Shoaib Mansoor was quoted that he was very sad to hear that Junaid Jamshed left singing cuz he thought it was haram. He doesn't believe Allah doesn't like things he has created, like singing and painting. He goes on that Junaid Jamshed is a confused person and he has no right to mislead his fans and people who admire him. SM thinks it's his duty to show the world otherwise. He thinks one should live Islam in today's ways [which means to modernize Islam, I think]. Further, the imam has given Ayah from Qur'an and Ahadeeth [what the Prophet said] which show that music and painting [painting of bodies or people] isn't allowed- means haram. After that, the Imam has given a hadeeth which shows that there are going to be people who'll think of music and painting as a halal act but they'll be those who 're misled.

The Imam has said that Junaid Jamshed is not a confused person and he's given some arguments about that.

And finally, the Imam says that the movie is giving a very wrong message and people should boycott it.

Edited by amy22 - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

noorejahaan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
uff my urdu is so bad..it'd take me all day to read this.. 😆 brief summary, anyone? 😳
jenein-kaista@h thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
lolZzz Nora same here 😭 😛
nihira&vinit thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Thanks a lot for sharing 😳
.x.Saira.x. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
umm..can sum1 translate it or something plz? 😳 😆
taurean thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
guys i dont say that all u read is wrong but what i really believe,go and watch this movie urself....only then u could see the difference..........
karankittu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
we cnt wlel ic nt cuz im in the uk and its nt even here
amy22 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Okay, I've added the translated version in my first post.

Edited by amy22 - 17 years ago
termi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I think the main point of movie and director's statement is different. I agree the music with instrument is haraam. But, in movie they showed how mullas use haraam things as a reason to promote extremism we really need to be open-minded to watch this movie. plus its a movie so they would show some glamour and fantasy
aishiya thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
extremism?? i always get confused when somebody use"s this word, and this word only have been used for ppl who pray"s full time, i wounder y?? is it because they like jahaad and all those things , which are part of our beloved religion ISLAM? I M SO CONFUSED 😕 😕 😕

and i feel so helpless and ashamed when someone muslims fights with another muslims , i think today we muslims arent united!!

anyways

i have not seen the movie , but i hope its gona come in dublin as well, so lets see...