Aarti Singh of ‘Maayka’ is Govinda’s niec

prettyw0man?¿? thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Aarti Singh of 'Maayka' is Govinda's niece.
Filed under: TV    
Posted: Jul 18th 2007 by Kimaya De
Aarti Singh

She has managed to impress millions with her performance in 'Maayka' but, not many know that Govinda is actress Aarti Singh's uncle (mom's brother).

Aarti admitted the fact and said that the reason for keeping a low profilea around his family association with Govinda was that she didn't want the audiences to conclude that she bagged the role with his uncle Govinda's contacts.

Aarti feels that the minute the viewers realize that you have a 'Filmi' background, they tend to form a pre-conceived notion that the actor would have no talent and has only bagged the role because of connections.

On the sets too Aarti does not throw around her weight in fact, she keeps a low key although she is not given much importance in comparison to Raji and Maahi played by Urmila Kanitkar and Neha Bamb respectively.

Aarti has proved her mettle as an actress in 'Maayka' and has made uncle Govinda proud as she shared, "Chi Chi uncle has even appreciated my acting skills when he got the chance to catch a few episodes of the show."

In the future, Aarti plans to do selective work as well which will make her uncle and 'Maayka' proud of her.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

am_786 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Yes She Is Govinda's Niece😳
Malajiji thumbnail
Thanks for letting us know..
too bad she is not on Maayka anymore.. I really liked her playing Soni.. I'm not sure about the new one.
Shantell thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wow didnt no cheers 4 sharin.. 😳