Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

terepehloomein thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: srk_biggest_fan

this is not an issue of clothes but that girl is muslim and is gonna participate in miss world contest and as we all know for ms world one needs to wear all kind of revealing clothes and muslim religion doesn't permit that and we all know pakistan is know as muslim country in whole world so i don't think that she should do that

is she muslim?

jus cuz her name is like that doesn't mean anything..

alot of pk christians have names like that or even hindus and sikhs

ByteMe thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: terepehloomein

is she muslim?

jus cuz her name is like that doesn't mean anything..

alot of pk christians have names like that or even hindus and sikhs

Yeah but Pakistan is NOT a secular nation like India. It is the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, so we dont need such wannabees to represent us.

~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
The girl has decided to participate in the competition. Her opinion! everyone is free to dress and act as they want. Personally I would never dress like that or participate in any such competition. But thats how i am and the way ive been raised. She feels comfortable participating in a beauty contest and dressing accordingly, her belief. Who are we to point fingers at others. Yes, her style of dressing goes against islamic code...but most people dress unislamically nowadays, how many of them are you gonna criticize? and before that, look at yourself, your friends, sisters etc, are you all perfect angels? I know i'm not and i highly doubt any of you are. As for representing pakistan, which is a predominantly muslim country, well look at the models and actresses..do they dress any better? in fact, look through the picture gallery here at psf..a lot of the model/celeb's outfits are unislamic. but i dont see anyone pointing fingures at them. why the double standards? Bottom line, live and let others live.

NOTE: if this topic gets ugly, it will be closed so be careful
TiN24 thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Its people like this that make Pakistan look bad and make the rest of us girls look even worse. From a third person's point of view, they are gonna think that "ALL" pakistani girls dress like this and are this "modern".

My opinion, to hell with being modern. Your religion is what makes u human. It sets principles and standards for you to live by and bring u closer to Allah. I honestly cannnot see how this girl is representing Pakistan. From what aspect? Pakistan is supposed to be called "Islamic Republic of Pakistan". Does this girl look like she's representing an Islamic state? How?

I an no one to tell anyone how to dress, but I do have freedom of speech and have my own opinions. And in my opinion, you wanna dress like that....by all means....feel free.....BUT....don't dress like that and say ur representing Pakistan. As for models and actors/actresses in pakistan....i feel the exact same way. They are waaaaaaaaaay out of hand dressing the way they do.

Oh well, i can't stop everyone from dressing this skanky. They don't have to answer to you, they don't gotta answer to me, but they sure as hell gotta answer to God....so good luck with that!. πŸ˜•
~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
for everyone who's pointed out that they are reppin pakistan but their dressing styles contradicts traditional and religious pakistani culture....its a beauty pageant...wat do u expect?...models walk down rnways, actresses on screen or on stage, dancers, and pageant participants arent exactly gonna be wearin a burqa u noe....everyone knows that average common girls dont dress this way (usually)...so why the debate?
JattiTude thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: TiN24

Its people like this that make Pakistan look bad and make the rest of us girls look even worse. From a third person's point of view, they are gonna think that "ALL" pakistani girls dress like this and are this "modern".

My opinion, to hell with being modern. Your religion is what makes u human. It sets principles and standards for you to live by and bring u closer to Allah. I honestly cannnot see how this girl is representing Pakistan. From what aspect? Pakistan is supposed to be called "Islamic Republic of Pakistan". Does this girl look like she's representing an Islamic state? How?

I an no one to tell anyone how to dress, but I do have freedom of speech and have my own opinions. And in my opinion, you wanna dress like that....by all means....feel free.....BUT....don't dress like that and say ur representing Pakistan. As for models and actors/actresses in pakistan....i feel the exact same way. They are waaaaaaaaaay out of hand dressing the way they do.

Oh well, i can't stop everyone from dressing this skanky. They don't have to answer to you, they don't gotta answer to me, but they sure as hell gotta answer to God....so good luck with that!. πŸ˜•

hi sweetheart... not your religion, but your moral values or in our language (hindi/punjabi), we call it the sanskars.... it depends on how comfortable one is to wear such kind of clothes. No religion or religious book tells you to be walking around half naked.... it is a personal choice. May be she belongs to a fmaily that has extremely modest values..... ours dont... i live in the US..... but dont feel comfortable wearing such kind of clothes.... i have worn spaghetti tops, or halter tops..... but between friends only, not to represent anything.....

and once again, may be she is comfortable, her family is comfortable.... hum logon ne theka toh liya nahi hai sab ko sudhaarne ka..... we shall just concentrate on ourselves... and let others do what they want to do...... i have also seen many indian and pakistani girls, who wear full salwar kameez or at most nice trousers with nice tops when they leave home and as soon as they reach the corner of the street, they change into the smallest clothes ever!!!!!!

so why get into such debate...... koi fayida nahi hai

Edited by sonu98 - 17 years ago
rose_love thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: cutie_zayma

she isnt even pretty i seen prettier girls then that on the street πŸ˜†

Exatly😳

Word Count: 1

amara_ch thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mirzajamila

😑 Do you think that people back in Pakistan are still backward/not morden and dont know anything, well for you information they are very much advanced and morden than anyone away from Pakistan.
why would they (Pakistani living abroad) would spoid their images and a bad infulance to pakistani people? just because they participate in the beauty contest.
being dressed up on how mrs pakistan was dressed, everyone abroad dresses just like her, inface person like her or even any other contestant taking part at the pagent are trying to get recoganize as a Pakistani. 😊 πŸ˜› 😳

what do you mean by that everyone abroad dresses just like her. you mean all pakistani who leave abroad dresses like. if you really mean that than you are wrong anf wrong not everyone dresses the way she did.

amara_ch thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ~LiL*PrInCeZ~

for everyone who's pointed out that they are reppin pakistan but their dressing styles contradicts traditional and religious pakistani culture....its a beauty pageant...wat do u expect?...models walk down rnways, actresses on screen or on stage, dancers, and pageant participants arent exactly gonna be wearin a burqa u noe....everyone knows that average common girls dont dress this way (usually)...so why the debate?

we not ask them to wear burqa but a least try not to show body.

tha_german thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: terepehloomein

I'M A PAKI BUT NOT A MUSLIM I'M A CHRISTIAN AND I BELIEVE THAT THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH WHAT SHE IS WEARIN!

SHE DOES NOT HAVE A SIGN ON HER BODY THAT SAYS 'I'M A SEXSYMBOL' OR SOMETHIN SO YOU CANT SAY THAT SHES PROMOTIN SEX OR ANYTHING!!!

GOD BLESS HER AND I HOPE SHE MIGHT WIN SOME PAGEANT AND SHOW OFF PAKISTAN...BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE IN PAKISTAN IS A MUSLIM!!! THERE ARE CHRISTIANS HINDUS SIKHS AND EVEN CATHOLICS...

GO THINK ABOUT IT

what do you mean with EVEN CATHOLICS?do you know tht catholics are christians?πŸ˜•are you really a christian?...