!!++Happy or Scary Friday the 13th?++!!

ramas thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Hello Dear  friends

Happy Friday the 13th  

May this day keep you safe and sound.

It is  the day of being scared of Freddy or Jason who will come out at night and may  look   for  you.😕

Did  you lock your doors?

Did you check under your bed or in your closet? 

Do you think some one is lurking ouside your window?

Did you find some mask man there looking like these pictures?

Do you feel like the pictures in the bottom when Friday  the 13th comes ?

If you do  then you are not alone.

According to Dr. Donald Dossey, a psychotherapist specializing in the treatment of phobias (and coiner of the term "paraskevidekatriaphobia"), the figure may be as high as 21 million. If he's right, eight percent of Americans are still in the grips of a very old superstition regarding Friday the 13th.

Unfortunately I am one of them. Because  of  the  car accident I had on  Friday Dec. 13, 1995  I was going  somewhere  and when I changed the  lane  the driver in the car behind me did not see my car  as she was talking on the phone. Traffic signal turned red so I stopped but  lady behind me kept going and hit my car and hit car in front of me before she stopped. Signal tuned green.  I was in the middle lane so first my car was hit by  car on the left lane  then by the  car in right  lane. My car ended up on the median with all tires busted and all doors in and trunk on the top of the car with me also busted . I had back neck shoulder and chest injuries. According to the police if my door had gone  in half inch more  I would have died on the spot. Car was in  a bad shape but  engine was still running. I was lying on steering wheel with so much pain in my chest,  left shoulder and arm. A lady came running and kept knocking on my window.  Finally I realized what happened and opened the window. She put her hand in and turned off the engine and called ambulance. I had  excruciating  pain in my neck and back for 6 months and had to go thru  very painfull physical therapy.  I lost  ability  permanantly to move my head back  while driving.  Even  today after 12 years I still have pain in my upper back if I sit longer hours.

This one incident has made me a strong believer  into the  superstition like Friday the 13th. I am afraid to go out on that day and avoid driving unless I have too. On every Friday 13th I am haunted by that accident.

Please Answer these Questions

Do you think Friday the 13th is really unlucky day or it is just a myth or a  hoax?

If you believe it is true then why do you think that? Also   share your  bad expeiences if you had any  on Friday the 13th.

Edited by ramas - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ramas thumbnail
I do not understand why the date went 9th july it was suppose to be today's date.? since it is friday the 13th post.
CaLiiZ*DiiMe thumbnail
i dont beleive in it so its not bothering me 😆
sambharchutney thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I do not believe that Friday the 13th is lucky unless a black catr comes in my way....I found out I became a view bie on Friday the 13th. Trust me...its not that bad of a day 😳
meghavi thumbnail
Never really believed in it, not gonna. =)
TrustYourSelf thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Do you think Friday the 13th is really unlucky day or it is just a myth or a  hoax?

I don't think friday the 13th is really a unlucky day!  it's just a myth!

If you believe it is true then why do you think that? Also   share your  bad experiences if you had any  on Friday the 13th.

No it's not true, some unlucky things that could happen on such day make that people start believing in the scary Fri the 13th day!😆😆😆

Thankfully i don't remeber any bad experience on a Friday the 13th day😉

Nice post dear!!

LOve,

Gracella

CarulinaTina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Yup, don't believe in it either, its always been pretty lucky for me 😃
~Simz~ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

So far for me its been lucky since 13 has always been lucky # for me.  

If you believe it is true then why do you think that? Also   share your  bad experiences if you had any  on Friday the 13th.

I don't believe it...but I guess people believe it because they had bad experiance on the 13th. I haven't had any bad experiance on this day.

Great post Raksha Di!!!

Edited by simran20 - 16 years ago
-Yuks- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Well I think that Friday the 13th is just a hoax really. It's similar to black cats or walking under a ladder. Something bad coincidentaly happened to some person somewhere and they just spread the word.

I did have a bad experience of friday the 13th once.
I forgot my bus pass that day so I had to pay a taxi $20 to get to school that day, then I found out I failed a test and I also fell down the stairs that day. But It was all coincidence, thats all. I'm not supersticious.

Yuks
Edited by queenyuks - 16 years ago
Innocent_Bachi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
i don't beieve this and you guys are scaring me 😃