Astitva - India Update 16 December 2004

RTee thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
Manas tells Riya that this time she will accept the resignation.

Simran is dictating the acceptance of the resignation letter to her secretary. He is shocked and stops writing mid-way. But Simran tells him to continue.

Mr. Mathur and Shaguna are arguing over what to cook. Simran walks in and is upset with Shaguna and tells her to cook whatever she wants. Mr. Mathur asks Simran whether she had a talk with Manas. She tells him that he resigned. He is shocked and asks her what is the matter. She angrily tells him that 'nobody has the right to burden the other person with his own ways of thinking' and she walks out.

Abhi's parents are having tea and watching TV in bed. Suddenly Simran comes on TV and is talking about unusual women and tells women that if they have done something to be proud of they should write in. The parents discuss that this award rightfully belongs Simran.

Mr. Mathur is at Manas's house and talking about his resignation. Mr. Mathur asks Riya if she could leave them alone. She apologises and leaves. Mr. Mathur asks Manas what is the problem. He tells Mr. Mathur that he respects him a lot andโ€ฆ suddenly the bell rings and it is the office boy from the hospital with his resignation acceptance. Manas gives a 'I knew it' smile.

Abhi is working at home and Riya calls him up. She tells him that she needs his help. She tells him that Manas has resigned from the nursing home. She asks him if he can bring Simran over to her office she will get Manas and try a patch up. Neha asks him what is wrong. He tells her that Manas has resigned and he is going. She asks him to have dinner and go but he does not listen to her and tells her to go ahead and to understand that he has to go now.

It is morning and suddenly Rashmi, her husband, Abhi come in. Simran tells them that she is not in mood for their questions regarding Manas but she can definitely tell them that he has resigned. Mr. Mathur asks her why did she accept his resignation. He is indispensable. She says no one is not even her. And she does not want to talk any more about it.

Manas's house: His cell rings, it is Riya and she asks him what is he doing. He says he is having tea. She asks him to come to her office in the evening and they can have dinner there. He accepts. Abhi comes to Simran's office and is sounding happy. Abhi says he is since his column is being greatly appreciated. He tells her that they should celebrate and takes her out to see an exhibition. On the way out they are stopped by the hospital staff, but Simran tells them that Dr. Manas has voluntarily resigned and they cant force anyone to work against their will.

In the car Abhi's phone rings. Riya asks him whether he is bringing Simran. Abhi makes it sound as if some important papers need to be picked up and asks Simran if they can pick them up on the way. Simran looks as if something is fishy but does not say anything.

They reach Riya's office. Simran asks Abhi to go ahead. Suddenly Riya appears and she forces Simran to accompany them. When they enter Riya's office, Simran finds Manas sitting there. Manas is as shocked to see Simran as Simran is to see him. Riya asks her to sit down. Abhi tells Simran to sit down. Riya and Abhi tell them that they will lock them in the room till they sort out the matter.

Manas and Simran thank them for their concern, and tell them that if they had told them in advance that they were being brought here to meet each other they would not have refused but their friendship is their very personal matter. Simran takes her car keys from Abhi and leaves the room. Manas too leaves the room. Riya tries to stop him but Abhi tells her it is no use.

They show Simran and Manas get into their respective cars and drive away in opposite directions.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sree thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

arti great job. you finish your update even before the serial ends i feel. You are really great. Superb work. There are no words to speak of your fastness. Keep your good work going.

Ya, finally we saw manas and simran move in opposite directions. their way of looking at things have really changed. I think this is better for both . Manas can now think of his life ahead with riya. I think simran will now take up an assignment in london. there she will meet Dr.Brian. That will also be a pleasant change for her. Good, lets see what happens next.

But it is very saddening to see manas and simran like this. They have shared such a great bond of friendship that i just cant see this as i believe in true friendship never ever ends.

anitha.b thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
thanks arati...great update...

that sound so kiddish...get out of the room and go opposite directions...๐Ÿ˜†
tisha_bhatia thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
O man! This is hideous! So many years as friends and they split over one comment! And there was nothing wrong in what Manas said either. Simran WAS coming in Neha is Abhi's way. Success has finally gotten to her head now and she just lost such an invaluable friend. Too Bad. I hope they don't kill Manas's character now.
sree thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
i personally feel manas will be left behind and now they will concentrate more on simran in london.
Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
No,in this I think manas is overreacting. He should at least have listened to what simaran had to say or at least understand her.Manas is really behaving weird.he could have made her see his feelings.I think friendships,when broken can become really bad.I should know.I lost my best friend over a silly misconception.The breach never healed.I miss her,but she has moved on
anitha.b thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I think Manas in his usual way did tell simran that he loves Riya and that he never committed to Urmila saying that he will get back with her. But I think simran kind of pushed on the edge and said how can he do this with Urmila after fighting for her and making her feel that he is their for her all the time..

Simran in her usaual way did not try to understand manas's needs and his ability that he can too move on....tali dona hatoon se bachta hain and I think it is both their mistakes for the confusion between them and I think they will resolve this. I feel Riya is a very nice and sensible lady and she does suit Manas a lot. I think simran insecurity is not because Manas did that to Urmila, but the fact that Manas is giving Riya more importance than anything...even her to that aspect and she should stop interfering into their personal matter. She is doing the same with Abhi and Neha also.
Edited by smisha - 19 years ago
Sakshi thumbnail

Dear Arti,

Fabulous work ! ๐Ÿ‘I am in love with the Astitiva and just cant afford missing it. Never knew such discussions prevail on the net... finally me also a part of it.

I am in the process of compiling all your/others detailed updates in seperate offline document - that would finally give a complete note of the serial. I am sure you must also be doing the same.

Was just thinking that - we all share the happenings in the serial, analyse the same etc.... but wouldnt it be amazing to take this silver screen soap as a base and get on doing some thing of that sort that actually get us implementing and creating something value adding in real life ? Well, havent yet crystalised as to what of it, but i am sure if we think thru' it we can do it !!!

Thanks and please keep it up.......

Cheers .........Priti