parm11 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 17 years ago

Is the Balaji party over?

< content=07/06/2007 name=date>
Aroona Irani anticipates that Ekta will 'wind up' her role in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii. All she hopes for now, is a graceful exit
Back to Section Stories Posted On Friday, July 06, 2007
Mail this Article Print this Article Search
View Comments Rate this Article Comments

Kavita Shyam

Reportedly Aroona's character in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii is wrapping up with little left for her to perform. But she is looking forward to getting back to Zee TV. She has been roped in to play a possessive mother Maayka. Her role in Maayaka is similar to her character in the movie Beta. She will be given a major make-over where she will sport a garish look from the '70s, complete with the bouffant and loud make-up.

Aroona Irani
So does this mean that Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii will become history? It could be a bid rebuild her relationship with Zee TV. Says Aroona, "These days I shoot for Kahaniiโ€ฆ only three days a month. I think Ekta is planning to wind up my character. She is a very creative person and has the liberty to do so but I hope she gives me a graceful exit in the show."

Elaborating on her character in Maayka, Aroona says, "I have a very different and negative role in Maayka. The character fascinated me immensely as it's inspired from my role in Beta. I loved what they have narrated to me. It's a central character of a possessive mother. I felt weird shooting with such a different and gaudy look inspired from the '70s as I don't use such make up anymore. I started shooting for them since yesterday and it's a very comfortable unit to work with."

She further adds, "Zee is the channel where I began my career on television as a producer a few years ago. So now I am back to the channel producing shows and acting in it. I am physically and mentally ready to take up another show." Aroona has so far produced Rabba Ishq Na Hove, Mehndi Tere Naam Ki and Tum Bin Jaoon Kahan for Zee. Also the actress is producing a new show, Naagin, for the channel.

โ€ข These days I shoot for Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii only three days a month...
โ€“ Aroona Irani

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Abida_10 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
will she play the role of moni?
* ~ Roshni ~ * thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
wow looking 4ward 2 her entry but its a negative role but i sure she will do full justice because she is a gr8 actress ๐Ÿ˜Š
Zaynah thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I Think she is playing Durga
smiles_uk thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Zaynah

I Think she is playing Durga

was durga sacked also ? durga was good

forevercharmed thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
OMG i used to loveee tum bin jaaoon kahaan!! i was crazy about that show ๐Ÿ˜†.. anyways, shes a good actress..looking forward to her entry.. ๐Ÿ˜Š
TK368 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
so is she going to play durga i thought she never left he show?
BengaliChica92 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
wow, sounds great cant wait
tfs
Zaynah thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: smiles_uk

was durga sacked also ? durga was good

Im not sure if Durga was sacked or not..but in the article it said Aroona is playing a mother who is obsessived with her son and is a negative character..that basically potray's Durga's character unless we are going to be introduced to more people in the show..but I think she is replacing Durga
Abida_10 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i have seen today's episode, she is playing durga now